Barrington, IL--When it comes to driving, you can never be too safe. There are always extra precautions that are necessary to take in order to make sure you are driving as safe as possible. Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital wants to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to be a part of the AARP Driver's Safety Program.
On Tuesday, March 12 and Wednesday, March 13, the Senior Advocate Program at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital will be hosting the AARP Drivers Safety Course. This is a two-day event and goes from 9am-1pm in Good Shepherd Hospitals Lakeview room. This is an 8-hour course taught by volunteers, and those who attend both sessions will be eligible for an auto insurance discount.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. Even the most experience drivers have benefited from this event. All those who attend will be assisted in the following:
• Driving defensively
• Dealing with aggressive drivers
• Adjust vision/hearing changes
Attendees will also learn more about:
• Minimizing the effects of dangerous blind spots
• The safest way to change lanes and make turns in a busy intersection
• The proper use of seatbelts, airbags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies in cars
• Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
• The effects medications have while driving
• The importance of eliminating distractions
This course is $12 for AARP members, and $14 for all non-members. Members must show an AARP card to receive discounted price.
To sign up for this event please call 1-800-3ADVOCATE (1-800-323-8622) and mention class code 3S03.