Communities » West Dundee Area News
Sleepy Hollow police fatally shoot man during domestic disturbanceA man was shot and killed Sunday morning by two Sleepy Hollow police officers responding to a domestic disturbance that left two others injured. The man was shot after brandishing a knife and attempting to cut two officers outside a residence near Maple Lane and Hemlock Drive, police said. “Every indication from my perspective, it appears my officers followed proper procedures,” Police Chief James Linane said.Last Updated Mar 9, 2014 9:28 PM
Fox Valley police reportsUpdated Mar 7, 2014 9:27 PM
Amanda Leone, 29, of West Dundee, was arrested on charges of driving without a valid driver’s license during a Wednesday traffic stop, and later charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.
‘Food Court Wars’ eatery opens next week in W. DundeeUpdated Mar 6, 2014 7:36 PM
It’s only about a week before suburbanites can sink their teeth into Mexican-inspired food from a new eatery that, thanks to “Food Court Wars,” recently won a rent-free space at Spring Hill Mall. The two-man team that makes up Taco in a Bag hopes to open March 14. “I am super excited and super, super scared,” said Tim "Gravy" Brown, a Barrington native.
Get ready for St. Paddy’s DayUpdated Mar 5, 2014 12:26 PM
It’s almost time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in East Dundee. The annual Thom McNamee Memorial St. Patrick’s Day Parade will step off at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 15, at Rosie O’Hare’s Pub on Water Street, before marchers head to Bandito Barney’s on North River Street. The grandstand will be held at Barrington Avenue and River Street.
West Dundee Calendar
Recently shared by others
- 20th year for Lenten Concert Series
- Girl Scouts celebrate faith-based connections
- Students raise thousand to fight hunger
- Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowd
- Mentalist to perform March 7 at Rakow Center
- Celebrate the Big Tournament with "The 3 Point Shot" special
- Civil War stories open season at Dundee historical museum March 9
- Get your team onboard for Literacy Connection Trivia Bee
- What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5
"Grandson dressing as old man for Halloween"
Mathew Warren, California, Oct. 25, 2013 Kelly Warren (mother)
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
- Argonauts Football and Cheer Conrad Beech was named To Scholar this past Saturday during the Midwest Regional Pop Warner Little Scholars Banquet. Conrad took home a 500.00 check for his great work as a student and outstanding citizen in the community. Algonquin Argonauts
- Crybaby, winners of the 2013 Elgin Community College Battle of the Bands, pictured from left to right: Jack Fluegel, Sara Tompkins, Tyler Hopp, Julian Riedl, Harrison Fosco, and Casey Wind. Bill Henshell
- Logan Lemke had a great time at East Dundee's Touch-a-Truck event! Thank you to all the military men, firemen, police, and other professionals that contributed to one of his most exciting days! Amanda Lemke
Elgin Theatre Company proudly presents their September show, Ken Ludwig?s The Fox on the Fairway! Performances of this raucous comedy will run from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater in Elgin, IL. This is ETC?s first production of the 2013-2014 season. An accessible performance for the deaf and hearing impaired will be available on Sunday, September 15, at the 2pm show. Anyone who would like seats near to the interpreter is encouraged to reserve tickets in advance.
Bingham, the president of the Quail Valley Country Club, is in a difficult position. Justin, his new assistant, is in love with Louise, a waitress at the club. Bingham has also discovered the golfer he thought would play for his club in the annual tournament has been recruited by his counterpart and nemesis from the opposing club, Dickie. The huge bet he had foolishly wagered is now likely to be lost. Fortunately, he discovers that Justin is actually a good golfer and finagles a quick membership so Justin can play for his team. Justin gains a huge lead but then learns that Louise has lost the engagement ring he gave her and he comes unglued. Justin goes on to lose his lead, and breaks his arm. Bingham is desperate, and the appearance of his wife complicates the matter, as she catches him much too close to Pamela, the sex-starved Vice President of Quail Valley. Can Bingham find a replacement for Justin to win the game, win the wager, and get his life in order?
The cast features Edward Duncan of Elk Grove Village, Kim Green of South Elgin, Scott Neidl of Carol Stream, Henry Honshul and Melynda Benjamin of Elgin, and Miriam Mikhael of Northbrook. The ASL Interpreter for the September 15th show is Andrew Ross of Carpentersville. The play is directed by Frank Del Giudice and is produced by Linda Collins and Edward Duncan.
Performances will be held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater of the Elgin Academy. Show times are 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays. The theater is located at the northeast corner of Kimball Street and Dundee Avenue in downtown Elgin.
Tickets are $15/adults and $12/seniors and youths. Group rates are available. For reservations or more information, please call 847-741-0532, email email@example.com or visit www.elgin-theatre.org. Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency. This program is funded in part by a grant from the City of Elgin and the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission. Ed Duncan
- Hampshire High School 2013 Graduation boris naham
- Students Pictures after the Ceremony for Hampshire High School graduation boris naham
- Hampsire High school graduation 2013 boris naham
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset welcomes 3 new members
Rotary District 6440 Governor Sarah Oliver, new member Carrie Hintz, new member and Rotary District 6440 Assistant Governor Carlton Ames, Rotarian Kevin Bruning, and Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset President Linda Liddell Ellen Bruning
- I took this photo while motorcycling around Williams Bay Wisconsin. It was early morning and the sun was casting a beautiful glow on the early morning mist on the lake. The boats were still asleep. Frank G. Salvatini
- Train layout in four different gauges will open this weekend and will run through Dec 29, 2013 John Knych
- Gifted teen musician, Lauren Conroy, of Barrington, practices for her recital at St. Catherine of Siena. Lauren is presenting a recital along with organist Maurice Martin on Thursay, March 21 at noon. Lauren is also a gifted violinist and will perform on both instruments. The recital is the last of 11 precital given in the area as part of the Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Lenten Recital Series. Admission is free. Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Recital Series
- Women in Management (WIM)Fox Valley speakers presented their point of view and passion about open space and sustainability in Dundee Township at WIM's April 11 meeting held at the Elgin Country Club. Shown left to right JoAnn Fritz, June Kiebler, Jean Muntz and WIM member Sue Harney, Dundee Township Supervisor. Pat Szpekowski
- Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through 60 delightful wines at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting on February 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Chicago Corporate Photography
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
More West Dundee News
- West Dundee Sports
- Carpentersville dodgeball tournament for charities
- West Dundee Entertainment
- Get ready for St. Paddy’s Day
- Elgin Lions to put proceeds of 30th Rose Day to good use
- Food truck teams on TV fight for Spring Hill spot
- Carpentersville dodgeball tournament for charities
- Day off from school? W. Dundee teen volunteers
- Sign up for NAMI’s Family-To-Family Education Program
- West Dundee Discussion
- Little more than an election gimmick
- The Soapbox
- Nuns victims of Obama oppression
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.095327, -88.285809