Communities » Bartlett Area News
Why U-46 board opposes Bartlett’s proposed tax districtElgin Area School District U-46 could lose between $30,000 and $50,000 in yearly property tax revenues if Bartlett establishes a proposed downtown taxing district, officials said. The school board Monday night adopted a resolution opposing the proposed district.Last Updated May 5, 2015 11:56 PM
Bartlett police fishing derby will return May 9Updated May 3, 2015 7:14 PM
Bartlett police will host its free D.A.R.E. Family Fishing Derby at Beaver Pond on Saturday, May 9. Everyone is invited to join in the catch and release fishing derby with police officers from 9 to 11 a.m. at the pond, Kingston Lane and Fairview Drive. Anglers also can participate in raffles and get prizes.
Bartlett spa employee charged with prostitutionUpdated Apr 30, 2015 1:04 PM
An employee at a Bartlett spa has been charged with prostitution, authorities said Thursday.
Northwest suburban police blotterUpdated May 6, 2015 4:31 PM
Burglars broke into a van between April 19 and 23, at Extreme Cover Bands, 124 Touhy Court, Des Plaines, and stole various electronics including speakers, cables, and microphones. Value was estimated at $24,730. During the same time and location, thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer.
Recently shared by others
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Camp for Teens Creates Leaders
- Dig in at Gem and Mineral Show May 23-24
- Administer Justice offers free seminar on ‘The Basics of Trusts’
- WIM Fox Valley welcomes Elgin police commander May 14
- Ecker Center celebrates 60 years with awards breakfast
- Longtime youth development specialist to lead Illinois 4-H Program
- Time to set up summer fun!
- Audition for ‘Sondheim On Sondheim’ May 6-7 at ECC
- Kyuki-Do Martial Arts of Elgin recognizes Earth Day through service
- Set up perfect summer of fun at Girl Scout camp
- (starting from left side)Mark Wano-Raymond James, Kevin Lesch - Bartlett Insurance, Nicole Ohlson - Bartlett's Candy House/Jumphouse Rental 4Less, Connie Born - ROI Business Services, Mike Sobel - Mark Your Space, Kathy Shangraw - Clique Photography, Dr. Jose Torres - School District U-46, Josh Rayborn - American Family Insurance, Lee Price - Lee Price Contractors, Mark Mirsky - ROI Business Services, Michelle Sarwas - Bark Avenue Daycamp, (being sworn in by T.L. Arends - Trustee, Village of Bartlett). Not shown: Anita Sayad - Advocate/Sherman Health, Paula Schumacher - Village of Bartlett, Steve Karoliussen - Bartlett Park District, and Attorney Aaron Reinke. Janice Caldrone
- The Stankus Family from Bartlett spent the day at Allstate Arena March 25 for a LifeSource-sponsored blood drive with the Chicago Wolves team. The drive yielded 71 pints of blood for LifeSource, which will help support 213 lives. The family met team players, posed with photos with mascot “Skates,” and was treated to a personal tour of the Wolves’ locker room. (L-R): Tim Stankus, Wolves defenseman Evan Oberg, Robby Stankus (8), Skates, Christina Stankus (6), Wolves defenseman David Shields, and Angie Stankus. Joe White
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- Sarah and George Naxera show off their delicious sample plate from one of the many restaurants that attend the Around the World Food Tasting. This year's event is scheduled for Tuesday, October 21st at Arlington Toyota-Scion from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. More information can be found at www.clearbrook.org/aroundtheworld Clearbrook
- My wife and I were in Kona Hawaii in mid February. We took a whale watching boat trip and were fortunate enough to see many whales during this trip. This humpback just couldn't resist saying hello! Carlos Sanchez
- Kristina Kellogg Tottenham U-12 BTSC Stacy Kellogg
- The Bartlett Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon cutting at O'Hare's Pub and Restaurant, 1085 W. Army Trail Road. Pictured from left to right:O'Hare's staff, O'Hare's staff, Owners Bill Vance and Peggy O'Hare Vance, Bartlett Village Trustee T.L. Arends, Bartlett Mayor Kevin Wallace, Bartlett Village Trustee Dr. Michael Camerer, Bartlett Chamber Board Member Connie Born of ROI Business Services, O'Hare's staff. Photo taken March 13, 2014 at O'Hare's Pub and Restaurant Amy Feeley
- Congressman Roskam cancelled his meeting with families to discuss immigration reform and its effect on families. The families then decorated his door with messages written on colorful butterflies. The butterflies symbolize freedom and migration. Colin Tysoe
- Top:Kelley Murphy, Saanvi Gupte, Nicki Spangler, Jenna Rajewski Bottom:Emily O'Hara,Michele Gurrieri at Studio during Rehearsal. Kelly O'Hara
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- Mens race on Sunday at Tour of Elk Grove Eal life Imagery
- Woman racing in Tour of Elk Grove Sunday races Real Life Imagery
- Men's race at Tour of Elk Grove Sunday Real Life Imagery
- Clearbrook Director of Community Living Services, Dave Boggs (far left), helps Echelon vice president, Pam Harmon and president Reid Harman unload boxes of stemware, tumblers, mugs, bowls, produced by City Glass to be used in Clearbrook’s many group homes. A valued Clearbrook supporter, Gilberts, IL-based Echelon Design focuses on integrating all facets of design. Clearbrook
Wine Tasting Banishes Cabin Fever For Record Crowd
Barry and Mary Ellen Masek of Park Ridge enjoy swirling and sipping one of 60 wines at Clearbrook’s 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting. More than 450 people attended the wine extravaganza. Chicago Corporate Photography
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Sr. Director of Visual Journalism
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Katlyn Smith Staff Writer
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- South Elgin High School
- 760 E. Main St.
South Elgin, Il 60177
- Red, Navy, Silver
Daily Herald Communities
- Our Past, Our Progress
- 60103, 60133
- 41.978725, -88.19614