Communities » Bartlett Area News
French crepes, Indo roti come together at Bartlett's D^LiciousCan't decide if you want French or Indian for lunch? Diners can find both under the same roof at the recently opened D^Licious Crepes and Roti in downtown Bartlett. The tidy 25-seat cafe works well as the venue for chef-owner Rakesh Chopra to give reign to culinary inventiveness. His cooking is influenced by the mildly spicy street food of northern India and the sweet and savory crepes beloved in France.Last Updated Mar 2, 2015 1:04 PM
Images: The Week in PicturesPosted Mar 2, 2015 1:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of people shoveling, skiing, playing dodgeball, making presentations and making plans.
Northwest suburban police blotterPosted Feb 26, 2015 4:03 PM
Seven Mount Prospect residents received phone calls between Feb. 18 and 24 from scammers claiming to be with the IRS. The callers told the residents that they had back taxes due and needed to pay immediately or be charged and arrested. All the residents hung up without paying. The police department encourages victims to report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission website and the Treasury Inspector General For Tax Administration website www.treasury.gov/tigta.
Recently shared by others
- Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show & Sale March 13-14
- Fundraisers to help Elgin teen awaiting heart transplant
- ‘Put the NUNS in Charge!’ comedy show in West Dundee
- Taylor Family YMCA launches annual campaign to support community needs
- Girl Scouts to recruit career-minded girls for “Camp CEO”
- Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- The Weight to bring the music of The Band to ECC on March 13
- Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend
- Retired teachers to meet with TRS Outreach director
- Breaking the Code
- Sentimental summer gathering of sorority sisters enjoys lunch at Blackfinn. Alumnae members of Northwest Suburban Alumnae Club plan philanthropic events and social gatherings. Since 1961, Alpha Gam women have shared a common goal to contribute to the world's work in their community. Front row L to R: Bonnie Everhard, Barbara Benson, Nancy Clauser, Sandra Enright. Back row L to R : Pat Smith, Mary Herther, Barbara Willmarth, Kay Bradley, Louann Lawson, Reta Holmgren, Cherrie Wickstrom, Sue Rogers. Pat Smith, Alpha Gamma Delta Publicity Chair
- (starting from left side)Mark Wano-Raymond James, Kevin Lesch - Bartlett Insurance, Nicole Ohlson - Bartlett's Candy House/Jumphouse Rental 4Less, Connie Born - ROI Business Services, Mike Sobel - Mark Your Space, Kathy Shangraw - Clique Photography, Dr. Jose Torres - School District U-46, Josh Rayborn - American Family Insurance, Lee Price - Lee Price Contractors, Mark Mirsky - ROI Business Services, Michelle Sarwas - Bark Avenue Daycamp, (being sworn in by T.L. Arends - Trustee, Village of Bartlett). Not shown: Anita Sayad - Advocate/Sherman Health, Paula Schumacher - Village of Bartlett, Steve Karoliussen - Bartlett Park District, and Attorney Aaron Reinke. Janice Caldrone
Wayne Stayskal (right), retired Tribune Media editorial cartoonist, explains some of the finer points of his work to guests when Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community at 124 Windsor Park Drive in Carol Stream, hosted a retrospective exhibit of his syndicated work. About 75 people attended the artist’s reception Aug. 20, including Stayskal’s wife Helen (center) and son Bob (left). The show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Sept. 30.
To see a video interview and catch a glimpse of the engaging personality who humorously commentated on culture for more than 30 years visit www.WindsorParkIllinois.org/downloads-news. For details, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500. Shirley Mott
"Baby's Eye View:
My 10-month-old son, Nathan, enjoying his first time at the beach at Higgins Beach, Maine. Mark Knuth
- The Stankus Family from Bartlett spent the day at Allstate Arena March 25 for a LifeSource-sponsored blood drive with the Chicago Wolves team. The drive yielded 71 pints of blood for LifeSource, which will help support 213 lives. The family met team players, posed with photos with mascot “Skates,” and was treated to a personal tour of the Wolves’ locker room. (L-R): Tim Stankus, Wolves defenseman Evan Oberg, Robby Stankus (8), Skates, Christina Stankus (6), Wolves defenseman David Shields, and Angie Stankus. Joe White
- Rare to this area the Moth looks like a baby hummingbird Betsy Thomen
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- DTA Wildcats 15U Navy & Red teams rocked it at the Mickey Sund Classic in Crystal Lake. The Navy team went 5-0 and outscored their opponents 54-4 on the weekend.The Red team went 4-1 on the weekend with solid pitching and defense including a fantastic 7-5 win against the PBI Eagles in the semi-final game. DTA Wildcats Navy played DTA Wildcats Red in the championship game and were victorious. DuPage Training Academy Baseball
- Sarah and George Naxera show off their delicious sample plate from one of the many restaurants that attend the Around the World Food Tasting. This year's event is scheduled for Tuesday, October 21st at Arlington Toyota-Scion from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. More information can be found at www.clearbrook.org/aroundtheworld Clearbrook
- Tim Koll as the title role of Joseph, and Julia Macholl as the Narrator in Theatre Nebula's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in its final 2 weeks at Cutting Hall in Palatine, September 20-29, 2013. Cutting Hall- Michael P. Noens
"Fun at Portland Headlight"
My 10 month old son, Nathan and I having fun at Portland Headlight. Ann Knuth
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- My wife and I were in Kona Hawaii in mid February. We took a whale watching boat trip and were fortunate enough to see many whales during this trip. This humpback just couldn't resist saying hello! Carlos Sanchez
"Just Humming Along"
Hummingbird caught in flight sipping from the Knock-out Rose Bush Greg Pearson
- Kristina Kellogg Tottenham U-12 BTSC Stacy Kellogg
"Maximus getting ready for Chanukah"
My daughter and I took this yesterday getting ready to send out Holiday cards for Chanukah!! Windy Brady
- The Bartlett Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon cutting at O'Hare's Pub and Restaurant, 1085 W. Army Trail Road. Pictured from left to right:O'Hare's staff, O'Hare's staff, Owners Bill Vance and Peggy O'Hare Vance, Bartlett Village Trustee T.L. Arends, Bartlett Mayor Kevin Wallace, Bartlett Village Trustee Dr. Michael Camerer, Bartlett Chamber Board Member Connie Born of ROI Business Services, O'Hare's staff. Photo taken March 13, 2014 at O'Hare's Pub and Restaurant Amy Feeley
- Pugs and their people from The DuPage Pug Meetup Group trick-or-treated Monday, Oct. 28, at Victory Centre of Bartlett, 1101 W. Bartlett Road, Bartlett. Victory Centre of Bartlett resident Rose Vondrasak happily gets a puppy kiss from the pug in her arms. What a treat! Rose Simone
- Congressman Roskam cancelled his meeting with families to discuss immigration reform and its effect on families. The families then decorated his door with messages written on colorful butterflies. The butterflies symbolize freedom and migration. Colin Tysoe
- Top:Kelley Murphy, Saanvi Gupte, Nicki Spangler, Jenna Rajewski Bottom:Emily O'Hara,Michele Gurrieri at Studio during Rehearsal. Kelly O'Hara
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- Mens race on Sunday at Tour of Elk Grove Eal life Imagery
- This sunset was the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen. I was canoeing in Canada doing a one week service project and one week of adventure at Quetico Provincial Park in Northernteir with the Boy Scouts of America. Our crew number was OAWV072813B. We also saw a wild moose and the Northern Lights. I had an awesome time in Canada and would go again in a heartbeat! Nathan Sparacino
- Woman racing in Tour of Elk Grove Sunday races Real Life Imagery
- Men's race at Tour of Elk Grove Sunday Real Life Imagery
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Senior Director of Photography
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Katlyn Smith Staff Writer
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
More Bartlett News
- Bartlett Sports
- Constable: From convent to Sisterhood of Honey Bears
- Bartlett Business
- Old Lucky Jacks in Bartlett changing hands
- Bartlett likely to set up special tax district board
- Bartlett Entertainment
- Crepes, roti come together at Bartlett's D^Licious
- Constable: From convent to Sisterhood of Honey Bears
- Old Lucky Jacks in Bartlett changing hands
- Bartlett Discussion
- Candidates will bring sound decision making to U46
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- South Elgin High School
- 760 E. Main St.
South Elgin, Il 60177
- Red, Navy, Silver
Daily Herald Communities
- Our Past, Our Progress
- 60103, 60133
- 41.978725, -88.19614