Communities » Prospect Heights Area News
Prospect Hts. names new city administratorThe prospect Heights City Council Monday introduced Kenneth Lopez, who has considerable experience with smaller communities, as its new city administrator. Lopez has served in similar positions in Pingree Grove, Beach Park and Johnsburg and was director of economic development in North Aurora.Last Updated Apr 14, 2014 11:55 PM
Northwest suburban police blotterUpdated Apr 17, 2014 4:15 PM
Thieves stole $10,117 between 2:30 and 2:57 p.m. April 4 in Des Plaines after the victim wrapped the money in a rubber band and placed it in his Jeep’s driver’s-side front door pocket. His assistant took the vehicle to get the car washed and the victim discovered the cash missing when the assistant brought the car back.
Images: The Week in PicturesPosted Apr 14, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features images of unpredictable spring weather, a World War II vet finally getting his medals, and the Easter Bunny in a helicopter.
Prospect Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Procrastinators can Celebrate! Scientists Say it’s in Your Genes
- Ela Soccer Becomes the First Soccer Club in Illinois to Receive the 5-Star Competitive Club Award.
- West Chicago Mayor Delivers 2014 State of the City
- Buddha’s Birthday Celebration
- USS Indianapolis Survivor Speaks at The Orchard
- Sunday Night Hymn Sing on May 4
- ommission Members Bring Backgrounds to Volunteer Appointments
- Downtown Retailer Celebrates First Anniversary
- Rolling Green Country Club awards Evans Scholarships to five recipients
- Music on Stage presents Singin’ in the Rain
- Saint Alphonsus recently held their family campout in the field behind the school. A bonfire, s'mores, balloon launching and an outdoor movie were just some of the fun events held on a beautiful evening. Hamburgers and hotdogs were also grilled for the many hungry campers.
- The 8th grade girls Hersey Huskies feeder team won the Northern Illinois Girls Feeder Association chamionship this season. The team's 3 year league record was 70 - 1. k. burnetti
- This photo was taken Sunday morning 11/24/13 at 10:00AM,a large coyote was spotted crossing Stonegate Drive East near Rt 83 in Prospect Heights Jim Kelly of Wheeling
- This beautiful doe was feasting on some frosty leaves this morning in Prospect Heights. Tina Haisman
- Tim Koll as the title role of Joseph, and Julia Macholl as the Narrator in Theatre Nebula's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in its final 2 weeks at Cutting Hall in Palatine, September 20-29, 2013. Cutting Hall- Michael P. Noens
- In observance of Holocaust Remembrance Day, Marty Brounstein, author of the book "Two Among the Righteous Few: A Story of Courage in the Holocaust," will be at the Indian Trails Public Library in Wheeling, on April 22 at 2:00 p.m. Register at www.indiantrailslibrary.org or call 847-279-2232.
Fireworks and summer fun!
Melas Park Fireworks-Mount Prospect -July 4, 2013 JustDar
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- The John Hersey High School Marching Band of Arlington Heights opens its competition season by placing both third in its class and third overall out of 27 bands at the Chicagoland Marching Band Festival in Wheeling on Sept. 22. Denis Jones
- The John Hersey High School Band of Arlington Heights proves a fan favorite at the Illinois State University Invitational High School Marching Band Championship in Normal on October 12. The band won the "Crowd Appeal" award for its show "Revolution." The band placed third in its class and eighth overall out of 35 bands. Sue Conolly
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Supporters of JOURNEYS | The Road Home came out to participate in the 1st ever SUPERHERO 5K! Participants raised money for JOURNEYS' supportive services for those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in suburban Cook County. Thank you to everyone who came out to be a hero for the homeless! JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Blessing of pets, big and small, furry and feather, took place on Friday Oct. 4th at St. Alphonsus, Prospect Heights. The custom is in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi's love for all creatures. Mary Mayer
- Gloria Posso and husband Juan Gonzalez had fun learning to salsa at the Indian Trails Public Library in Wheeling, March 13. Jane Seidman
- Over 60 people attended the Salsa Boot Camp class taught by Hoton1Salsa instructor Rick Mangram at the Indian Trails Public Library in Wheeling. Jane Seidman
- Photo taken while riding on the Prospect Heights Bike Trail at sundown. I barely got home before the rain started. A MacIntyre
Fluffy Claudia Kras
- Brian Boldt of Prospect Heights listens to music to stay in the zone during a four-hour charity spin-a-thon held March 3 at Midtown Athletic Club in Palatine. The event raised more than $20,000 for UPS for DownS, a parent directed, non-profit organization based in the northwest suburbs offering support, education, and encouragement for parents, families and others who love and care about persons with Down syndrome. Stacy Nowak
Wine Tasting Banishes Cabin Fever For Record Crowd
Barry and Mary Ellen Masek of Park Ridge enjoy swirling and sipping one of 60 wines at Clearbrook’s 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting. More than 450 people attended the wine extravaganza. Chicago Corporate Photography
Aaron Gabriel Prep Sports Editor
Deborah Donovan Staff Writer
Jeff Knox Senior Director of Photography
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
Renee Trappe Assistant Managing Editor/Local News
Daily Herald Communities
- The City That Looks to the Future
- 42.105576, -87.928168
- Cook County