Communities » Roselle Area News
Elgin cleric accused of sex abuse faces deadline to accept plea dealElgin cleric Mohammad Abdullah Saleem is scheduled for a Sept. 12 jury trial after he did not accept a plea agreement offered by prosecutors on Tuesday. He is accused of sexually abusing an employee and student of an Islamic school for children in grades six through 12.Last Updated Aug 23, 2016 5:53 PM
DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representativesUpdated Aug 23, 2016 4:50 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission board is expected to consider a policy that would restrict the political activity of some representatives of the agency.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babiesPosted Aug 20, 2016 7:26 AM
Rest In His Arms, a Wheeling non-profit started 11 years ago to provide free funerals and burials to abandoned babies, is among several groups and individuals that have reached out to the DuPage County Coroner this week, offering to provide a final act of dignity for Baby Hope.
DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s momUpdated Aug 19, 2016 6:09 PM
DuPage County sheriff’s deputies and a group of volunteers will be out in large numbers this weekend continuing the search for the mother of Baby Hope.
- District 54 adopts balanced $226 million budget
- Scouting the Lake Park Lancers
- Coroner: Offers pouring in to assist with funeral for ‘Baby Hope’
Recently shared by others
- Kids Learn Money Basics and How to Give Back at Bring Your Kids to Work day
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- The 2016 Grape Crush Begins in Roselle
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class Sept. 22
- World Lutheran Deaf Outreach to offer workshop in East Dundee
- Illinois State Police issue back-to-school safety reminder
- College of DuPage Offers New Construction Management Certificate
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Taken at the Irish Raptor Research Centre in Sligo Ireland while on vacation during the summer. This Peregine Falcon seemed to love the camera. Brendan Durkin
- Pina's Culinery Experience at Taste of Roselle on Aug. 3: Standing back row, Chef Ed, Shawna, Sue; middle row standing, Brandon and Dollie; and center kneeling,Eddie. Linda Chesney
- Snapping Turtle at Goose Lake Kimberly Carl
Snow grillin' New Years Day, 2014
Natural snow formation on backyard grill. Virginia Johnson
- Rain poured down on runners this morning a the start of the Roselle Run for the Roses 5K race. Mike Jortberg
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- James B. Conant High School
- 700 E. Cougar Trail
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Lake Park High School
- 500 W. Bryn Mawr
Roselle, Il 60172-1978
- Navy Blue/White
Daily Herald Communities
- Tradition Meets Tomorrow
- 41.980569, -88.085438