Communities » Maple Park Area News
Lawsuit filed in police chase that killed 2 near Campton HillsA lawsuit has been filed in the December 2012 death of Zachary Bingham, 18, a Kaneland High School graduate who was struck and killed in Campton Hills by a woman fleeing police. Bingham's family attorney argues a Kane County Sheriff's deputy should have called off the pursuit of Jennifer Liston, who also was killed in the crash.Last Updated Dec 3, 2013 1:59 PM
Boys basketball season opens with a bangUpdated Dec 4, 2013 7:11 PM
This is supposed to be a column about the opening week of the high school basketball season. However, I’d be remiss if I didn’t offer congratulations to Batavia’s newly crowned Class 6A state football champions. Job well done, Bulldogs. As for the basketball...
Batavia wins in 2 OTs; Kaneland takes tourney titleUpdated Nov 30, 2013 11:56 PM
Canaan Coffey capped a memorable day for his family Saturday night. The Batavia sophomore guard had not scored a point after hitting his opening shot of the Bulldogs’ game against Englewood — until it truly mattered.
St. Charles N. wins 1st gameUpdated Nov 30, 2013 12:05 AM
Sam Novak drained a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left to give St. Charles North its first win of the year, 55-54 over York Friday at the York Tournament.
Maple Park Calendar
Recently shared by others
- NIU seeks public comment for re-accreditation
- How to get through holidays after loss of loved one
- Get into the holiday spirit with Elburn Christmas Stroll
- Take time to relax at Waubonsee’s free concerts
- Two Kaneland teams honored at American Society for Quality Education Conference
- Fundraiser to benefit Lions Holiday Food Basket project for South Elgin
- Youth sports charity launches 'One Gives One' campaign
- New class offers "Training Day for Dads"
- BMO Harris Bank celebrates Magnificent Mile Lights Festival in 8th year of sponsorship
- The Label Printers Wins Environmental Awards
- 14U Wasco Team 4 won 1st place in the Susan G. Komen "Pretty in Pink" tournament last weekend sponsored by Wasco Girls Fastpitch Softball League. Grace Sobieski threw for 5 perfect innings, stole a total of 5 bases, and closed the 3rd with a double play. Kate Gill threw 2 innings allowing only 1 hit. Liv Doyle, Kate Weber, Hannah Springer, Adriana Conlee, Leah Thompson, Lexi Coakley all stole for a combined total 20 bases to win the championship 10-1. TSS Photography
- Chicago's own Nancy Baird (Aunt Sook) and Max Ganet (Buddy) bring Truman Capote's childhood memories to life during opening night of A CHRISTMAS MEMORY and THE THANKSGIVING VISITOR playing through Dec. 29 at Provision Theater, 1001 W. Roosevelt Rd. in Chicago. For tickets, visit www.provisiontheater.org/tickets or call the box office at 312.455.0066. Tired of the same ole' Bah, Humbug!? Order your tickets today and experience Capote's charming holiday tales centering on the author's early years growing up in Monroeville, Alabama. Provision Theater Company
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
- One of our favorite summertime activities is to watch monarch eggs transform into amazing butterflies! Here's a little caterpillar (less than 6 hours old) eating his way through a milkweed leaf. Mary Stough
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
- The work of Bunky Echo-Hawk, Pawnee/Yakama artist from Oklahoma will be featured in the neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet's 25th Birthday Bunky Echo-Hawk
- Scout arrived at Casey's Safe Haven horse rescue in Elburn looking for a new beginning. Scout and other horses and ponies are available for adoption. Please visit www.caseysil.org Alexis
"The Bird in The Barn"
This photograph was taken off of Route 38 in Maple Park. The photographer looked up and, to his surprise, there was a Turkey Vulture staring him. He snapped this photo right before the bird took off into the sunset. Ian Pfeiffer
- This is a picture of a 15 year old horse named Whiskers. He is a loving horse who loves to have visitors at Grandma and Grandpa's Farm in Maple Park, IL. He also enjoys getting kisses on his nose. Veronica Riva
- Gentle Earth, an original oil pastel painting by Judith Niemet, will be one of the paintings exhibited at the Yellow House Artist show featuring 28 artists at the Fine Line Creative Arts Center, 37W570 Bolcum Road, St. Charles, Illinois, from September 13-October 5, 2013. The Artists' Reception is Friday, September 13, 5:30-8:00 p.m. Judith Niemet
More Maple Park News
- Maple Park Sports
- Boys basketball season opens with a bang
- Batavia wins in 2 OTs; Kaneland takes tourney title
- St. Charles N. wins 1st game
- Down 13, Kaneland rallies to beat Batavia in OT
- Maple Park Discussion
- Say thanks to school board members
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.908514, -88.597989