Communities » Maple Park Area News
Woman not guilty of murder by insanity to be held in ElginAn Aurora woman found not guilty by reason of insanity in a 2013 stabbing death will be treated in Elgin; CASA Kane County gets a grant as cases increase 11 percent; a St. Charles police commander earns honors at Northwestern University law enforcement schoolLast Updated Jul 26, 2015 4:04 PM
Kane County coroner reviewing past death casesUpdated Jul 24, 2015 4:55 PM
Members of the public are asked to contact the Kane County coroner’s office if they have any concerns about past death rulings by the office. "If there are any sins of the past or inaccurate findings that need fixing, it is important to me that they are dealt with," Coroner Rob Russell said. "At this time, I am not saying there are, but if there are, I will find and deal with them”.
Chicago red-light camera case could affect the suburbsUpdated Jul 22, 2015 6:39 PM
Attorneys fighting Chicago’s red-light camera program are once again arguing the state law that allows the eyes in the sky in the suburbs is unconstitutional.
What damage did Cook's sales tax hike do last time?Updated Jul 22, 2015 10:58 AM
The last time Cook County raised its sales tax rate, sales were actually higher than in surrounding counties. But will those fortunes hold this time?
Tri-Cities police reportsUpdated Jul 27, 2015 5:28 PM
Dawn Patrol: History of racism in county where Bland died; Houston’s daughter deadUpdated Jul 27, 2015 6:08 AM
Texas county where Sandra Bland died haunted by past racism; no budget, huge deficit just the beginning for Illinois’ fiscal year; Arlington Heights dragon boat club qualifies for World Championship; woman not guilty of murder by insanity to be held in Elgin; Cubs to get needed relief after getting swept by Phillies; Imrem says it’s time for Cubs’ Hoyer, Epstein to step up; Rodon, Sanchez lead White Sox to sweep; being up front about Chicago Bears’ new defense
Peoria sweeps Kane County CougarsUpdated Jul 26, 2015 11:38 PM
Matt Pearce set a Midwest League record along with shutting out the visiting Kane County Cougars (23-8, 59-40) through eight innings in the Peoria Chiefs’ 4-0 victory Sunday night to sweep the series at Dozer Park.
Dawn Patrol: Autopsy results in Sandra Bland case; 3 hit by cars in Des PlainesUpdated Jul 24, 2015 5:54 AM
Sandra Bland autopsy results. Three people hurt in two car accidents in downtown Des Plaines. Person killed by train in Maine Township. Autopsy today on Arlington Heights man who died in Wisconsin lake. Fire damages Lake in the Hills home.
Cougars win 10th consecutive seriesUpdated Jul 23, 2015 9:32 PM
One night after setting a season-high for the longest game in 2015, it took the Kane County Cougars (23-5, 59-37) less than two hours to defeat the Quad Cities River Bandits (16-12, 61-35) 5-2 at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark Thursday evening. It was the Cougars’ 10th consecutive series win.
- Dawn Patrol: Bland family orders 2nd autopsy; Six Flags bans selfie sticks
Maple Park Calendar
Recently shared by others
- 23rd annual Antique Tool Show and Sale returns to Garfield Farm
- AID gets $20,000 grant from The Community Foundation of the Fox Valley
- Fermilab native habitat certified as a Conservation@Work site by The Conservation Foundation
- Constructech to host Technology Day Event Aug. 27
- Sign up for Kaneland Foundation’s annual golf outing Sept. 17
- Sign up for ‘Caring For God’s Earth & People’ at St. Peter
- Tour to feature net-zero energy homes, tools and tips for homeowners
- Toe-tappin’ Bluegrass Jam at Dickson-Murst Farm Sunday
- CASA Kane County gets $4,000 grant from Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
- Used book sale July 25 to feature signed illustrations by Tom Lichtenheld
- Northern Illinois University College of Law held its sixth annual Race NIjUdicata: 5K Run/Walk and BBQ on Saturday, April 11, 2015. Pictured (from left) are Dean’s Team members James McCluskey (‘79), Professor Mark Cordes, Mallory Sanzeri (’13) and Dean Jennifer Rosato Perea. NIU College of Law
"The Bird in The Barn"
This photograph was taken off of Route 38 in Maple Park. The photographer looked up and, to his surprise, there was a Turkey Vulture staring him. He snapped this photo right before the bird took off into the sunset. Ian Pfeiffer
More Maple Park News
- Maple Park Sports
- Peoria sweeps Kane County Cougars
- Cougars win 10th consecutive series
- Cougars defeat league’s best River Bandits
- Kane County Cougars’ rally fall short
- Kane County Cougars edge Rattlers with 1 run
- Kane County Cougars rally late for sixth straight
- Cougars top Clinton LumberKings
- Maple Park Business
- What damage did Cook's sales tax hike do last time?
- Nutriad invests $4 million in Hampshire facility
- How 71% of Elgin tourism bureau's costs went to salaries, travel
- Maple Park Entertainment
- Search upheld in Aurora heroin case
- Kane County Fair continues today with horse, pony show
- ‘True country’ comes to Kane County Fair
- Kane County Fair opens with hot weather, rides and bears
- Bull riders and demolition derby shake up Kane County Fair
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.908514, -88.597989
- Kane County