Communities » Keeneyville Area News
Decorated Army veteran pleads guilty to child porn chargesA Downers Grove man and decorated Army veteran was sentenced Wednesday to 180 days in DuPage County jail and 30 months of sex offender probation.Last Updated Mar 22, 2017 3:19 PM
Community colleges to share career programsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Community college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.
Hanover Park man facing child porn chargesUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:08 PM
A Hanover Park man is being held on $100,000 bail after being charged in a child pornography investigation.
4 charged in Aurora underage hotel sex stingUpdated Mar 21, 2017 2:35 PM
Four people have been charged with traveling to an Aurora hotel March 10 to have sex with a child or children for money.
Two trustees running for Roselle village presidentUpdated Mar 20, 2017 10:52 AM
Two sitting Roselle trustees are vying for the village’s top elected post to replace retiring Village President Gayle Smolinski, who is stepping down after 24 years. Wayne Domke has served on the village board for six years and Andrew “Andy” Maglio has served for eight years.
McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, morePosted Mar 20, 2017 6:00 AM
A wide variety of music and some classic movies will highlight the 2017 Lakeside Pavilion Free Outdoor Summer Series sponsored by the McAninch Arts Center on the Glen Ellyn campus of the College of DuPage.
J.C. Penney in Woodridge among 138 stores that will closeUpdated Mar 17, 2017 5:13 PM
J.C. Penney is closing 138 stores by June, including one in Woodridge, and cutting about 5,000 jobs, the second such round of closures for the struggling retailer.
Glen Ellyn, COD putting feud behind themUpdated Mar 17, 2017 4:16 PM
Disagreements between College of DuPage and Glen Ellyn about electronic signs and other issues resulted in DuPage County accepting regulatory control over the school’s campus in 2012. Now there’s a proposal to return that authority back to Glen Ellyn.
Campton hopefuls diverge on Fox Mill open spaceUpdated Mar 17, 2017 1:54 PM
Campton Hills Village Board candidates have differing views on how the open space issue in the Fox Mill subdivision should be resolved.
- Sentencing begins for Aurora man who touched women’s feet
- Voting early? Check out our online election guide
- Nothing says spring like a newt
Recently shared by others
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
- COD Board of Trustees Votes to Keep Tuition Flat for the Next Year
- College of DuPage Board of Trustees Approves New Intergovernmental Agreement with Village of Glen Ellyn
- COD Celebrates the French-Speaking World
- COD Instructor Featured at Prestigious Art and Design Event in Chicago
- College of DuPage Celebrates Student, Faculty and Staff Art
- COD Physics Club, Benet Academy and Fermilab Team Up for Cosmic Ray Workshop
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
More Keeneyville News
- Keeneyville Sports
- Suburban fans get to present Cubs with World Series rings
- Keeneyville Business
- J.C. Penney in Woodridge among 138 stores that will close
- College of DuPage offers building automation systems certificate
- Keeneyville Entertainment
- McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, more
- Keeneyville Opinion
- Endorsements: Adachi, DeWaele, Gatbunton and Hollatz for Lake Park High School District 108
- Consider Rauner appointees in Mendoza tiff
- COD endorsements: Fenne, Markwell for board of trustees
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
Local Government Links
- DuPage County