Communities » Streamwood Area News
Streamwood shooting believed to be 'unintentional'The shooting of a woman in Streamwood on Saturday is believed to be unintentional, according to Streamwood police.Last Updated May 31, 2016 7:36 PM
South Elgin cricket club piques interest in sportPosted May 31, 2016 5:00 AM
A cricket club at South Elgin High School started this year by South Asian students is the first of its kind in Elgin Area School District U-46.
Police: Woman shot in Streamwood homeUpdated May 28, 2016 10:39 PM
A woman was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound Saturday evening after firefighters were called to a Streamwood home.
Suburbanites Floyd Brown, Tom Petersen to join WGN Walk of FameUpdated May 27, 2016 12:55 PM
Suburban radio personalities Floyd Brown and Tom Petersen will be inducted into the WGN Walk of Fame today.
Elgin activist says lynching mural could open good dialoguePosted May 26, 2016 5:22 AM
Lifelong Elgin resident and civil rights activist Ernie Broadnax says the discovery that a mural in town depicts a crowd at a lynching could be an opportunity for a dialog on race and local history, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
U-46 teacher retires after nearly 50 years with districtUpdated May 25, 2016 4:23 PM
Walking out the same doors he first entered as a kindergartner, teacher Gordon Whiting bid a final farewell Wednesday to the Elgin school district where he spent nearly 50 years.
U-46 recognizes community volunteersPosted May 31, 2016 5:30 AM
Elgin Area School District U-46 recently recognized many community volunteers who gave their time and talent during the 2015-16 school year to support students.
Memorial Day observances across the suburbs todayUpdated May 31, 2016 5:34 AM
Check out our comprehensive list of suburban Memorial Day events to see what's on tap in your community.
Northwest suburban police blotterUpdated May 25, 2016 2:36 PM
Thieves stole an 18-foot boat and boat trailer between noon May 13 and 7 a.m. May 16 out of an abandoned building at 2750 Touhy Ave., Elk Grove Village. The victim did not have permission to store the boat and trailer in there. Value was estimated at $5,000.
- Three South Elgin U-46 schools win app contest
- Northwest suburban police blotter
Recently shared by others
- COD Fashion Students Earn Honors During Annual Fashion Show
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to ease the burden on families
- Advocate Sherman Hospital accepting mural submissions
- Elginite selected as ECC student trustee for 2016-17
- Education meets fun this summer at ECC Kids’ College
- ECC named a national semifinalist of college readiness by ACT
- Zurich North America supports local youth leadership program
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- My husky Kota wants to know what the fuss is about? She thinks its a nice day to chill! wendy
- Kristina Kellogg Tottenham U-12 BTSC Stacy Kellogg
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
Aaron Gabriel Prep Sports Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Erin Hegarty Staff Writer
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Sr. Director of Visual Journalism
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
More Streamwood News
- Streamwood Sports
- South Elgin cricket club piques interest in sport
- Schaumburg mayor leads bike to work ride
- Hayes adds Boomers to announcing resumé
- Streamwood Business
- Broadwind Energy names Kushner president, CEO
- Broadwind Energy appoints two to board
- Streamwood Entertainment
- U-46 recognizes community volunteers
- Memorial Day observances across the suburbs today
- Suburbanites Floyd Brown, Tom Petersen to join WGN Walk of Fame
- Schaumburg native to appear on ‘Undercover Boss’
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- Streamwood High School
- 701 W. Schaumburg Rd.
Streamwood, Il 60107
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.020627, -88.173409
- Cook County