Communities » Streamwood Area News
Winning images of our weekly photo contestEach week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of September 26.Last Updated Sep 28, 2016 3:48 PM
Report: Mount Prospect woman charged with illegally selling gunsUpdated Sep 29, 2016 7:55 AM
A 22-year-old Mount Prospect woman has been charged with illegal transfer of firearms and selling firearms to a person who does not possess a FOID card, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.
Hanover Park man gets 4 years for Streamwood burglaryUpdated Sep 27, 2016 5:31 PM
Alejandro Hernandez of Hanover Park was sentenced to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty to burglarizing a Streamwood home earlier this year.
Elgin man charged with growing pot after tenant’s social media postUpdated Sep 27, 2016 3:47 PM
A 52-year-old Elgin man was charged with possessing and growing marijuana in his backyard after authorities were called to his home after one of his tenants posted suicidal statements on social media.
Parents chastise, support U-46 board on transgender locker room issueUpdated Sep 27, 2016 10:52 AM
The state’s second-largest school district’s move to allow locker room access to a transgender student took center stage again Monday night as dozens of people voiced concerns about the decision.
44th District hopefuls urge thinking beyond partisanshipUpdated Sep 26, 2016 7:49 PM
Democratic state Rep. Fred Crespo of Hoffman Estates and Republican challenger Katy Dolan Baumer of Streamwood say residents of their 44th state House district can still wield an influence over the direction of the state despite the ongoing power struggle between Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan and Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner.
Community colleges say they’re forced to rely more on federal grantsUpdated Sep 26, 2016 4:27 PM
Elgin Community College President David Sam says with state funding for higher education in a flux, community colleges are relying more on federal grants than ever before.
Cook County clerk leads voter registration drive TuesdayUpdated Sep 26, 2016 1:37 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr and his staff will take part in a number of voter registration events throughout Chicago and the suburbs Tuesday as part of National Voter Registration Day.
Elgin group revives charter school proposalPosted Sep 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Proponents of an Elgin charter school for at-risk students are hoping to kick-start the project with the help of federal funding. A previous proposal for the charter school was denied by the Elgin Area School District U-46 school board and state in 2014.
- Lester: Will Roskam debate for first time in 8 years?
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- U-46 board approves spending $511 million this year
Recently shared by others
- The Facts: Human Trafficking in DuPage
- COD to Host Cosmetology Information Session in Addison Oct. 18 and 22
- COD to Host Free Junior/Senior Night for H.S. Students and Parents Oct. 25
- Schaumburg Township Community “Drive-Thru” Donate, Recycle & Shred Event
- ESO trombone section to perform in Chamber Music on the Fox’s ‘Crime Classics’ Oct. 4
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- Advocate Sherman to offer free Empowered Pregnancy class
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- My husky Kota wants to know what the fuss is about? She thinks its a nice day to chill! wendy
- Kristina Kellogg Tottenham U-12 BTSC Stacy Kellogg
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
Aaron Gabriel Prep Sports Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Erin Hegarty Staff Writer
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Sr. Director of Visual Journalism
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- Streamwood High School
- 701 W. Schaumburg Rd.
Streamwood, Il 60107
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.020627, -88.173409
- Cook County