Communities » Streamwood Area News
Streamwood man, 63, accused of kissing 16-year-old girlA 63-year-old Streamwood man is charged with misdemeanor battery on allegations he kissed a 16-year-old girl on the lips on more than one occasion during the past month. Raymond Nemecek Jr., of the 200 block of Willow Road, is free on $150 bond, according to Hoffman Estates police.Last Updated Aug 18, 2014 5:29 PM
Recently shared by others
- The 2014 ‘What Home Means to Me’ Poster Contest Winners Announced
- Library Opens Indoor Book Drop Earlier During Construction
- NAMI Kane County North offers free mental illness education course
- Harper and ECC to Host Grand Opening of Hanover Park Education and Work Center
- Teens Invited to Enter Photo and Film Contests at Library
- Ginny Geis Turned 99 on August 3rd, Making Her The Most Senior Resident at Monarch Landing
- ECC Arts Center announces acts for 2014-2015 season
- Get a Pint of Culver’s for Donating Blood at Library
- Photographer captures ‘Faces of War’ in ECC exhibit
- Pianists sought for American Grands concert
- Sentimental summer gathering of sorority sisters enjoys lunch at Blackfinn. Alumnae members of Northwest Suburban Alumnae Club plan philanthropic events and social gatherings. Since 1961, Alpha Gam women have shared a common goal to contribute to the world's work in their community. Front row L to R: Bonnie Everhard, Barbara Benson, Nancy Clauser, Sandra Enright. Back row L to R : Pat Smith, Mary Herther, Barbara Willmarth, Kay Bradley, Louann Lawson, Reta Holmgren, Cherrie Wickstrom, Sue Rogers. Pat Smith, Alpha Gamma Delta Publicity Chair
Wayne Stayskal (right), retired Tribune Media editorial cartoonist, explains some of the finer points of his work to guests when Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community at 124 Windsor Park Drive in Carol Stream, hosted a retrospective exhibit of his syndicated work. About 75 people attended the artist’s reception Aug. 20, including Stayskal’s wife Helen (center) and son Bob (left). The show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Sept. 30.
To see a video interview and catch a glimpse of the engaging personality who humorously commentated on culture for more than 30 years visit www.WindsorParkIllinois.org/downloads-news. For details, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500. Shirley Mott
- Nature lovers will have the chance to get a close look at birds of prey big and small at the Grand Opening of Raptorland at Vogelei Park (650 W. Higgins Rd) in Hoffman Estates on Sun., May 18 from 2-4 p.m. The community is invited to walk through the new exhibit of raptors' mews (houses) where these beautiful birds will live year-round. Experts will be on hand to speak about the birds and answer questions. The exhibit is presented by The Northern Illinois Raptor Center (NIRC). Hoffman Estates Park District
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- Tim Koll as the title role of Joseph, and Julia Macholl as the Narrator in Theatre Nebula's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in its final 2 weeks at Cutting Hall in Palatine, September 20-29, 2013. Cutting Hall- Michael P. Noens
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Supporters of JOURNEYS | The Road Home came out to participate in the 1st ever SUPERHERO 5K! Participants raised money for JOURNEYS' supportive services for those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in suburban Cook County. Thank you to everyone who came out to be a hero for the homeless! JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Jose Moreno takes a shot in front of John Thompson Center during a wheelchair basketball exhibition during ADA week. The Jr.Bulls come from NEDSRA located in Addison. Jeena Greenwalt
- My husky Kota wants to know what the fuss is about? She thinks its a nice day to chill! wendy
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Schaumburg Township Clerk Timothy M. Heneghan and Officials honoreed 55 veterans and their guests at the "Liberty We Defend" Veterans Dinner on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 Schaumburg Township
- Schaumburg Township Clerk Timothy M. Heneghan and officials hosted their fourth annual Veterans Honoree Recognition Dinner on Oct. 29. The evening began with Clerk Timothy M. Heneghan welcoming 55 veteran honorees and their guests to the “Liberty We Defend” Veterans Dinner. Schaumburg Township
- I took this photo while motorcycling around Williams Bay Wisconsin. It was early morning and the sun was casting a beautiful glow on the early morning mist on the lake. The boats were still asleep. Frank G. Salvatini
- This sunset was the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen. I was canoeing in Canada doing a one week service project and one week of adventure at Quetico Provincial Park in Northernteir with the Boy Scouts of America. Our crew number was OAWV072813B. We also saw a wild moose and the Northern Lights. I had an awesome time in Canada and would go again in a heartbeat! Nathan Sparacino
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
Aaron Gabriel Prep Sports Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
James Kane Deputy City Editor
Jeff Knox Senior Director of Photography
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Katlyn Smith Staff Writer
Norrine Twohey Community News Coordinator
More Streamwood News
- Streamwood Entertainment
- Women’s shelter benefits from Sew Generously’s all night sew-a-thon
- Caravello wins Suburban Chicago’s Got Talent
- Streamwood Discussion
- Streamwood ‘harassing’ her over her yard
- Dispute over tax bill has him steaming
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Hoffman Estates High School
- 1100 W. Higgins Rd.
Hoffman Estates, Il 60169
- Royal Blue/Orange
- Streamwood High School
- 701 W. Schaumburg Rd.
Streamwood, Il 60107
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.020627, -88.173409
- Cook County