Communities » Kaneville Area News
Waubonsee sells former downtown Aurora siteWaubonsee Community College is selling its former downtown Aurora campus for $1.5 million to a firm interested in turning the two buildings into stores and apartments. The college board approved the sale Wednesday night to Gorman and Co. It expects to close the sale in January.Last Updated May 15, 2013 11:13 PM
Kaneland repeats conference titleUpdated May 16, 2013 8:58 PM
Kaneland has decorated its left-field fence with softball decals featuring the names and numbers of its senior players. The Knights surely did it as a way to honor those seniors, though those big, oversized yellow softballs served a second purpose for Allyson O’Herron — target practice. The Kaneland shortstop, who was brilliant in the field all day, continued her hot hitting at the plate by lining a double off her name on that left-field fence in the Knights’ 4-0 victory over DeKalb.
Harper, Waubonsee meet for regional supremacyUpdated May 16, 2013 1:29 AM
Most people would like to see the two best teams play for championships at the end of a season. In NJCAA baseball, that's exactly what will happen starting Friday at Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove as the top-seeded Chiefs take on No. 2 Harper College (19-20) for a regional championship.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the weekUpdated May 14, 2013 10:10 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from water polo, track, baseball, softball, gymnastics, volleyball and soccer.
- More community news
- Youthful St. Charles North searching for consistency
Recently shared by others
- Camps Combine Outdoor Experiences with Girls’ Modern Interests
- Fox Valley Festival Chorus to perform at Carnegie Hall on Memorial Day
- Charities unite to bring physical education to youth organizations in Latin America
- Advocate Good Shepherd Breast Center Receives Accreditation from NAPBC
- neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday Announces Artists
- Teen Talent Show auditions happening in June
- Music Workshop for Early Childhood Educators and Camp Counselors
- West Chicago's Community Art Banner Project Answers A Question of Balance From the Perspective of Eleven Artists
- First Scout to Achieve New STEM Supernova Award
- Chicago Philharmonic to name Larry Rachleff as music director emeritus at May 24 concert
- Deven Ferber of Lombard (left) as Sherlock Holmes and Tom Viskocil of Woodridge as the King of Bohemia rehearse a scene for Wheaton Drama's "Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure". The show opens January 25 and plays through February 17 at Playhouse 111 in downtown Wheaton. Visit www.wheatondrama.org Steven Merkel
- Guest speaker J.J. O'Connor, center, chats with PAL/Clearbrook supporters at the 16th annual PAL fundraiser. Clearbrook
- The Choral-aires Chorus placed second in the Community Teams category raising funds for breast cancer research last month, missing first place by only $25. The chorus raised $3,985 by the time the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure rolled around, with more donations still coming, surpassing their original goal of $3,000. The Choral-Aires has five current chorus members that either have, or have had, breast cancer. And this year, 2 of the team members discovered that their mothers have breast cancer, so they were walking on race day for their moms. One member of our team, Kara Gray, celebrated her 10 years without breast cancer this year. While not a Chorus member, she is the daughter of long-time member Martha Anderson, who also walked with the team on race day. Lindsey Herza
- On Jan. 21, Elmhurst City Clerk Patty Spencer presented the Choral-Aires Chorus with a proclamation declaring January "Sweet Adelines Month." The Choral-Aires, an Elmhurst-based Sweet Adelines International chapter, is hosting Guest Nights each Monday in January from 6:45-9:45 pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church Recreation Center as part of the SAI Global Open House event. Pictured, from left, are: Co-Director Bonnie Fedyski, Patty Spencer, Co-Director Amy Brinkman, and Chorus President Nancy Smith. Valerie Baxter
"Delightful and Delicious!"
George and Sarah Naxera of Kildeer sample mouth-watering morsels from 20 local restaurants at Clearbrook's fourth annual "Around the World Food Tasting" on Oct. 16 at Arlington Toyota-Scion in Palatine. Proceeds from the event went to the 3,400 children and adults with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental/intellectual disabilities that Clearbrook serves. Colleen Gallagher
- Emery Moorhead from the 85 Chicago Bears (second from right) spins the roulette wheel for Clearbrook at their Spring Casino Night held on March 2 in Palatine. Moorehead was one of five former NFL players who volunteered at Clearbrooks Spring Casino Night. Clearbrook
Gather Your Girlfriends for Martinis, Massages, and More: No kids. No men. Just women, wine, and golf.
From left, Bonnie Newman, Carolyn Szaflik, Lori Runquist, and Tracy Baron show off their creative ensembles that won them "Best Dressed Foursome" at last year's Clearbrook Women's Classic Golf Outing. Colleen Gallagher
- Clearbrook president Carl M. La Mell (center) chats with Newsapalooza creators, Grammy award winner, Richard Marx (left) and radio personality, Roe Conn. Newsapalooza is a rock & roll stage show, featuring Chicago media talents singing and/or playing instruments. This year's show benefitted Clearbrook. M. Samskhina
- A handful of local private ambulances have given resources to the East Coast to help out the preparation of Hurricane Sandy and Noreaster Storm Athena. Bless their hearts A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.
Picture of newly crowned Ms. Wheelchair, Illinois
Danielle Austin. She will be making her inaugural appearance at the EHLS Open House April 24 at 210 W Campus Drive, Suite B, Arlington Heights, and will be signing autographs and answering questions. Danielle Austin
Photo taken at Schaumburg Sports Complex on 3/10/13
Front Row: Sam Wade, Andrew Olson, Jack Locascio, Nick DeMarco....BACK ROW: Tommy Craven, Bennett Mortensen, Martin Didier, Jorelle Astudillo coached by head coach Tom Craven, assistant coaches Tom Locascio and Scott Mortensen....for more info, contact Tom Craven 630-209-1057 Roehl Astudillo
- Donated to the community by West Chicago resident Maria Villela, the City's official Christmas tree is installed at 306 Main Street in downtown West Chicago, where it will be lit at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at West Chicago's Frosty Fest. Krista Coltrin
- Members of the Friends of Clearbrook Committee take a break between flights of wine to pose at Clearbrooks 49th Annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting that took place on February 23, 2013 at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. The event drew nearly 400 people. Chicago Corporate Photography
More Kaneville News
- Kaneville Sports
- Kaneland repeats Northern Illinois title
- Harper, Waubonsee meet for regional supremacy
- Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week
- Youthful St. Charles North searching for consistency
- Top seeds feature a Tri-Cities flavor
- Kaneland snares sectional title