Communities » Port Barrington Area News
Teens killed in McHenry crash had passion for automotive repairTwo of the three 18-year-olds who died in a car crash in McHenry County are being remembered for their passion for working on and souping up trucks — a passion that ended too soon.Last Updated Nov 28, 2015 5:44 PM
3 die in single-car crash in McHenry County areaPosted Nov 28, 2015 1:00 AM
Three teenagers are dead after a single-car crash Friday afternoon in unincorporated McHenry County. According to a news release from the McHenry County coroner’s office, the vehicle was traveling south around 2:11 p.m. Friday at 1308 S. Lily Lake Road when it left the roadway, traveled down into a ravine and landed on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
Dozens line up to file for McHenry County electionsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 5:15 PM
The first day to file nominating petitions for the March 15 primary elections brought forth dozens of candidates waiting outside the McHenry County office before 8 a.m. Monday.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
South Elgin H.S. auto club 7th in national competitionUpdated Nov 24, 2015 1:00 PM
The South Elgin High School Auto Club earned seventh place at the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge earlier this month in Las Vegas.
Small business seminar set at McHenry County CollegeUpdated Nov 24, 2015 12:54 PM
Registration is under way for The Illinois Small Business Development Center’s “Starting a Business in Illinois,” scheduled for 6-8 p.m. Dec. 1 at the McHenry County College Shah Center, 4100 W. Shamrock Lane, McHenry.
Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby caseUpdated Nov 24, 2015 5:58 AM
Armed robbery in Aurora might be related to 4 others. Parents get 5 years in Barrington starvation case. Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts. Elk Grove's flood control project delayed. Bulls’ challenge is how to use McDermott. Short workweek for Bears before Green Bay game.
Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears loseUpdated Nov 23, 2015 6:01 AM
$8,000 reward offered in fatal Lake County hit-and-run. Five injured in Streamwood crash involving ambulance, SUV. Loved ones carry on Naperville woman’s tradition of giving. Retail ready to burst along Rand Road. Dundee-Crown students on a global mission for girls education. Bears can’t complete comeback against Broncos. Imrem: Who’s to blame for that conversion try? Rozner: Bears seeing red after tough loss.
Port Barrington Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Get holiday gifts from top artists at Fine Line show and sale
- Towns across county issue proclamation for #McHenryCountyGives
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Curl Again hosts successful Holiday Hair and Health Show
- Celebrate Hanukkah with McHenry County Jewish Congregation
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- Girl Scouts seeks award nominations for local volunteers
- Special Olympics apine ski coaches needed
- Chicago Botanic Garden Joins #Giving Tuesday Movement
- Local Groups Partner to Organize World AIDS Day Event Dec. 1
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Citizens for Conservation (CFC) volunteers started off the new year last Saturday by clearing brush from an oak woods owned by CFC. Dedicated volunteers have worked there for 5 years to clear invasive plants from the 6-acre parcel and have made good progress. Restoration has already begun on the site. Donna Bolzman
- 28 Mixed Media pieces by Peggy Gannon will be displayed at the Starline Gallery in Harvard April 25 from 6-9 p.m. Peggy Gannon
- South Barrington Garden Club Donates $1,200 to Home of the Sparrow Left to Right: Sophia DeVries,Fund Development Mgr of Home of the Sparrow; Nancy Ebner, President of South Barrington Garden Club and garden club members Judy Decker and Susan Slapke Beverly Rupany
- St. Francis de Sales students from the play, "The Little Mermaid." Performances will be held at 7 p.m. May 17 and 18. Angela Mooney
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Port Barrington News
- Port Barrington Business
- Small business seminar set at McHenry County College
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.243511, -88.198056