Communities » Hampshire Area News
Animals moved from Hampshire farmMore than 90 volunteers and Kane County and Elgin workers moved neglected animals Tuesday morning from a farm in Hampshire to undisclosed locations in Maple Park. "It just goes to show the commitment of this community when there is a need,"said Barbara Jeffers, executive director of the Kane County Health Department. An Elgin woman was charged last week with cruelty to animals and failure to provide shelter and care.Last Updated Mar 11, 2014 6:30 PM
Kane County seeks public's help to move animals off Hampshire farmUpdated Mar 11, 2014 7:05 AM
Kane County Animal Control is calling for volunteers to help it remove animals from a Hampshire farm Tuesday. They will be moved to a donated private facility in Maple Park, director Robert Sauceda said Monday. The animals were found without adequate food and water last week, as authorities investigated allegations of animal cruelty. Ten dead animals were found there, including a donkey, goats, chickens and two miniature horses.
Images: The Week in PicturesPosted Mar 10, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features the burning of the ashes and the application of the ashes for Ash Wednesday, as well as a few people enjoying the last of winter's white stuff.
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsPosted Mar 7, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select 12 finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of March 3.
Recently shared by others
- Girl Scouts celebrate faith-based connections
- Students raise thousand to fight hunger
- Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowd
- Celebrate the Big Tournament with "The 3 Point Shot" special
- 2014 All-Student Undergrade Art Show: Awards
- NIU profs write book, develop website to help science teachers motivate students
- Burlington Lioness annual spring raffle March 22
- Get your team onboard for Literacy Connection Trivia Bee
- What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5
- 2013 Fire Prevention Month Coloring Contest and Escape Plan Winners! Top Row: Devin Pantelin, Tyler Fikis, Jack DiCosola, Devin Concha, Chloe Holz, Amina Hatanaka, Jacob Flesher, Hunter McCarthy, Jocelyn Erling, Lindsay Potts; Bottom Row: Matt Mowers, Tegan Van Wiel, Bobby Leonard, Jack Wright on Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Hampshire FIre Station , 202 Washington Ave. William
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
- Crybaby, winners of the 2013 Elgin Community College Battle of the Bands, pictured from left to right: Jack Fluegel, Sara Tompkins, Tyler Hopp, Julian Riedl, Harrison Fosco, and Casey Wind. Bill Henshell
- Culverís team member Nicole Cunico of Hampshire displays a special Patriot Sundae featuring Culverís Fresh Frozen vanilla custard topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries and strawberry sauce. The sundae will be available Nov. 9-10 at Culverís of Huntley and Culverís of Carpentersville. Both stores will host a very special Day of Giving, with 11 percent of the entire day's sales supporting VetsRoll, a non-profit organization that transports hundreds of America's senior Veterans on a free four-day trip to Washington, D.C. each spring. Culverís will host Veterans ceremonies at 1 p.m. Saturday in Carpentersville and then at 1 p.m. Sunday in Huntley. Courtesy of Culver''s
- Hampshire High School 2013 Graduation boris naham
- Students Pictures after the Ceremony for Hampshire High School graduation boris naham
- Hampsire High school graduation 2013 boris naham
"Joey B worn out!"
Joey Byker of Hampshire weary from the sled hill at Seyller Park. Jeff Byker
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
- Scout arrived at Casey's Safe Haven horse rescue in Elburn looking for a new beginning. Scout and other horses and ponies are available for adoption. Please visit www.caseysil.org Alexis
Pastor Lee recently conducted a new member service at Christ United Methodist Church, of Algonquin, IL.
New members Larry Huber, Sandy Huber, Jud Strickland (seated) and Wanda Strickland were presented with roses by Kim Aupperle (on left) Maria Lee
This was captured at Northern Illinois University Convocation Center in DeKalb at sunset. Jodi Dirks of Face to Face Photography
Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset welcomes 3 new members
Rotary District 6440 Governor Sarah Oliver, new member Carrie Hintz, new member and Rotary District 6440 Assistant Governor Carlton Ames, Rotarian Kevin Bruning, and Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset President Linda Liddell Ellen Bruning
- Train layout in four different gauges will open this weekend and will run through Dec 29, 2013 John Knych
- Gifted teen musician, Lauren Conroy, of Barrington, practices for her recital at St. Catherine of Siena. Lauren is presenting a recital along with organist Maurice Martin on Thursay, March 21 at noon. Lauren is also a gifted violinist and will perform on both instruments. The recital is the last of 11 precital given in the area as part of the Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Lenten Recital Series. Admission is free. Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Recital Series
"Thanks Dad for the hot cocoa!"
Mariana Byker of Hampshire, enjoying some hot cocoa at the sled hill at Seyller Park Jeff Byker
- Cardunal Crop Walk hosted by Congregational Church of Algonquin that includes Christ United Methodist Church of Algonquin and the Congregational Church of Dundee Maria Lee
- Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through 60 delightful wines at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting on February 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Chicago Corporate Photography
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
- Gentle Earth, an original oil pastel painting by Judith Niemet, will be one of the paintings exhibited at the Yellow House Artist show featuring 28 artists at the Fine Line Creative Arts Center, 37W570 Bolcum Road, St. Charles, Illinois, from September 13-October 5, 2013. The Artists' Reception is Friday, September 13, 5:30-8:00 p.m. Judith Niemet
Daily Herald Communities
- Proud Past Ö Promising Future
- 42.098871, -88.525792