Communities » Hampshire Area News
Believe Project: $100 to help brother after knee replacement surgeryThe daily winner of $100 through the Believe Project is Marie Jones of Hampshire, who wants to help out her brother after his knee replacement surgery.Last Updated Feb 26, 2015 5:14 PM
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsPosted Feb 27, 2015 1:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of Febrary 23.
Recently shared by others
- ‘Put the NUNS in Charge!’ comedy show in West Dundee
- Reservations being taken for “Signature Event”
- Girl Scouts to recruit career-minded girls for “Camp CEO”
- Taylor Family YMCA launches annual campaign to support community needs
- Moms United-Marengo to host ‘4 Momz 2 Momz Resale’ March 21-22
- Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Congregation Kneseth Israel offers a new adult Hebrew class
- Dundee Lions to host girls basketball tournament
- The Weight to bring the music of The Band to ECC on March 13
- Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend
- 2013 Fire Prevention Month Coloring Contest and Escape Plan Winners! Top Row: Devin Pantelin, Tyler Fikis, Jack DiCosola, Devin Concha, Chloe Holz, Amina Hatanaka, Jacob Flesher, Hunter McCarthy, Jocelyn Erling, Lindsay Potts; Bottom Row: Matt Mowers, Tegan Van Wiel, Bobby Leonard, Jack Wright on Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Hampshire FIre Station , 202 Washington Ave. William
- Mrs Schwartz, Wendy Wessel & Erich Schwartz proudly displaying the plaque that the City of Elgin presented to them in honor of 60 years in business. Becky Fitzgerald
- Hampshire High School 2013 Graduation boris naham
- Students Pictures after the Ceremony for Hampshire High School graduation boris naham
- Hampsire High school graduation 2013 boris naham
"Joey B worn out!"
Joey Byker of Hampshire weary from the sled hill at Seyller Park. Jeff Byker
Pastor Lee recently conducted a new member service at Christ United Methodist Church, of Algonquin, IL.
New members Larry Huber, Sandy Huber, Jud Strickland (seated) and Wanda Strickland were presented with roses by Kim Aupperle (on left) Maria Lee
Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset welcomes 3 new members
Rotary District 6440 Governor Sarah Oliver, new member Carrie Hintz, new member and Rotary District 6440 Assistant Governor Carlton Ames, Rotarian Kevin Bruning, and Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset President Linda Liddell Ellen Bruning
- Gifted teen musician, Lauren Conroy, of Barrington, practices for her recital at St. Catherine of Siena. Lauren is presenting a recital along with organist Maurice Martin on Thursay, March 21 at noon. Lauren is also a gifted violinist and will perform on both instruments. The recital is the last of 11 precital given in the area as part of the Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Lenten Recital Series. Admission is free. Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Recital Series
"Thanks Dad for the hot cocoa!"
Mariana Byker of Hampshire, enjoying some hot cocoa at the sled hill at Seyller Park Jeff Byker
- Clearbrook Director of Community Living Services, Dave Boggs (far left), helps Echelon vice president, Pam Harmon and president Reid Harman unload boxes of stemware, tumblers, mugs, bowls, produced by City Glass to be used in Clearbrook’s many group homes. A valued Clearbrook supporter, Gilberts, IL-based Echelon Design focuses on integrating all facets of design. Clearbrook
- Cardunal Crop Walk hosted by Congregational Church of Algonquin that includes Christ United Methodist Church of Algonquin and the Congregational Church of Dundee Maria Lee
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
More Hampshire News
- Hampshire Entertainment
- Believe Project: $100 to help brother after knee replacement surgery
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Burlington Central High School
- 44W625 Plato Rd.
P.O. Box 68
Burlington, Il 60109
- Royal Blue/White
- Hampshire High School
- 1600 Big Timber Road
Hampshire, Il 60140
- Harry D. Jacobs High School
- 2601 Bunker Hill Dr.
Algonquin, Il 60102
- Golden Eagles
Daily Herald Communities
- Proud Past … Promising Future
- 42.098871, -88.525792
- Kane County