Communities » Oakbrook Terrace Area News
Boys tennis: Tournament takes its toll on DuPage athletesThe only DuPage County athletes to advance to the boys state tennis semifinals were Hinsdale Central doubles partners Michael Czlonka and Nick Calzolano, who have yet to go to a third set in the tournament.Last Updated May 27, 2016 5:49 PM
Baseball: Hinsdale Central rallies to beat Metea ValleyUpdated May 26, 2016 9:23 PM
Despite giving up the first 5 runs of the game, Hinsdale Central rallied to defeat Metea Valley 9-7 in a Class 4A Metea Valley baseall regional semifinal.
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Clerk injured in Aurora armed robberyUpdated May 24, 2016 5:03 PM
A 60-year-old gas station attendant was struck in the head with a gun during an early morning armed robbery in Aurora.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
College of DuPage looking to keep tuition, taxes flatUpdated May 22, 2016 10:57 PM
College of DuPage officials are planning to keep tuition flat and hold the line on property taxes during the next fiscal year, even though the school is expecting to get zero financial support from the state.
How DuPage will commemorate Memorial DayUpdated May 26, 2016 11:58 AM
Towns and organizations throughout DuPage County have plans to commemorate Memorial Day.
Prairie Capital Advisors announces sale of Diedrich DrillUpdated May 23, 2016 10:59 AM
Oakbrook Terrace-based Prairie Capital Advisors Inc., a middle-market investment banking firm, announced that Diedrich Drill Inc. has been acquired by Cape Kauri Partners LLC.
- Lester: Where will suburban homeless go after Journeys cuts?
Oakbrook Terrace Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Movement mattered at The Birches this May
- DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT’S COMMUNITY CENTER WINS AWARD
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Annual gem, mineral, fossil, and jewelry show returns this weekend
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Steve, on left, and Bob in pictures from 1990 and 2013 after 23 years together still waiting for marriage equality to pass in Illinois. Robert Hansen, Steve Schneider
More Oakbrook Terrace News
- Oakbrook Terrace Sports
- Boys tennis: Tournament takes its toll on DuPage athletes
- Baseball: Hinsdale Central rallies to beat Metea Valley
- Baseball: Waubonsie Valley, Willowbrook, St. Francis win
- Why community colleges want live mascots
- Images: Saturday at the Boys Gymnastics State Final Meet
- Baseball: Naperville North, Neuqua Valley, Benet win
- Oakbrook Terrace Business
- Prairie Capital Advisors announces sale of Diedrich Drill
- Oakbrook Terrace Entertainment
- Buffalo Theatre Ensemble returning to College of DuPage
- ‘Neither Wolf Nor Dog’ inspires, sparks disussion
- Oakbrook Terrace Opinion
- Getting COD back on track
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.85372, -87.96825
- DuPage County