Communities » West Chicago Area News
DuPage County Academic Team honorable mentionsThere were 40 students from around DuPage County named as honorable mentions to the Daily Herald's Academic Team for 2014-2015.Last Updated May 20, 2015 4:16 PM
West Chicago Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD Board Honors All-Illinois Academic Team Members
- Garden Club of Downers Grove makes donation to “We Grow Dreams”
- B.R. Ryall YMCA Announces New CEO
- Boy Scouts Lead Winfield Memorial Day Ceremony
- Two national sports events coming to DuPage County
- Help Feed the Kids this Summer
- Lake County 4-H Sailing Spin Club
- Spend some of this summer with 4-H in the suburbs
- COD Offers Classes Promoting Firearm Safety this Summer and Fall
- Free Tours this Summer of COD’s 30-Year-Old Russell R. Kirt Prairies
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Employee volunteers from ComEd partnered with the Fox Valley Special Recreation Association to celebrate National Volunteer Week. The volunteers assisted and guided individuals with developmental disabilities during a bowling outing on Saturday, April 5, in West Chicago. ComEd
Commission Members Bring Impressive and Accomplished Backgrounds to Volunteer Appointments
Past chair of the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Buddy Plumlee working on an exterior mural for an area business façade. Photo courtesy Buddy Plumlee. Courtesty Buddy Plumlee
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
Harbinger of Spring
Goldfinch in a tree Roger Sudnick
- The West Chicago Garden Club’s Annual Plant Sale is a popular destination each year at Blooming Fest in historic downtown West Chicago. The addition of a Speakers’ Tent for 2013 compliments the garden event by featuring guest lecturers on horticultural topics such as tree diversity, container gardening and native landscaping. Krista Coltrin
- For mom's 70th birthday we wanted to do something completely unexpected. A surprise party was too obvious, so instead we bought her a billboard and put a great photo on it that we took on Mother's Day. The billboard is on Route 38 west of Route 59 in West Chicago. From left to right: Kaara (daughter), Bonnie (birthday mom), Jason (son) Jason Kallen
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- West Chicago soccer player transfers to Ecuador. This kid you see in this picture called, Alexis Quezada. From West Chicago's lives right on the border of Carol Stream as well. He is a 16 year old West Chicago Community student. He is not any normal teenager that loves the sport soccer. He is a rising talent. Played with Chicago Fire's youth academy which is in the MLS in Chicago. He recently transferred to Cuenca, Ecuador to play for Club Deportivo Cuenca. Deportivo Cuenca and also teams from Mexico were interested in him and tried signing this young star. At just 16 years of age, he's living in Ecuador with his fathers family as his parents are currently living in West Chicago still and now living his "dream". Photo taken last month on January 15, 2014. Club Deportivo Cuenca Soccer Club
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More West Chicago News
- West Chicago Business
- DS Containers to open distribution center at DuPage Airport Authority
- West Chicago Entertainment
- DuPage Forest Preserve looking at policy for retiring horses
- Blooming Fest sprouts new Healthy West Chicago initiative
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- St. Charles East High School
- 1020 Dunham Rd.
St. Charles, Il 60174
- Fighting Saints
- West Chicago Community High School
- 326 Joliet St.
West Chicago, Il 60185-3142
- Navy Blue/White
- Wheaton Academy
- 900 Prince Crossing Rd.
West Chicago, Il 60185
- Bartlett Public Library District
- (630) 837-2855
- 800 S. Bartlett Road
Bartlett, Illinois 60103
- St. Charles Public Library
- (630) 584-0076
- 1 S. Sixth Ave.
St. Charles, Illinois 60174
- West Chicago Public Library District
- (630) 231-1552
- 118 W. Washington St.
West Chicago, Illinois 60185
Daily Herald Communities
- Where History and Progress Meet
- 41.888378, -88.209659
- DuPage County