Communities » Addison Area News
DuPage voters facing long list of referendum questionsThe deadline for taxing bodies to get referendum questions on the November ballot isn’t until Thursday, but it’s already clear DuPage County voters will be asked to consider at least 20 propositions this fall.Last Updated Aug 29, 2016 10:54 PM
Two more human West Nile cases in DuPageUpdated Aug 29, 2016 4:21 PM
Two more cases of West Nile virus in humans have been reported in DuPage County, bringing the total to three so far this summer.
State trooper hurt when Maywood woman strikes squad car in DuPageUpdated Aug 29, 2016 4:19 PM
A 31-year-old Maywood woman is being held on $200,000 bail after, authorities say, she was driving drunk when she crashed her car into a parked state police vehicle and injured a trooper.
Addison Trail withstands late Glenbard South rallyUpdated Aug 26, 2016 10:58 PM
Addison Trail stopped a late Glenbard South 2-point conversion attempt and held on for a 22-20 victory.
Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing caseUpdated Aug 26, 2016 8:14 PM
A 51-year-old Chicago woman has withdrawn her guilty plea to charges of aggravated cruelty in the stabbing death of a family member's cat in Elmhurst. Kelly Palermo pleaded guilty to aggravated cruelty on July 26 and was to be sentenced this fall.
Elgin woman charged with bringing drugs into DuPage jailUpdated Aug 26, 2016 5:13 PM
An Elgin hairdresser released from jail Tuesday will be headed right back behind bars if DuPage prosecutors have their way.
First human West Nile case reported in DuPage CountyUpdated Aug 26, 2016 2:30 PM
An 80-year-old Darien woman has the year’s first reported human case of West Nile virus in DuPage, county health department officials said Friday.
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingUpdated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Grant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
- Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retail
- DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam video
- Flash flood warning for Northwest suburbs, McHenry County
- Lester: Auditor's report on College of DuPage exists, but few have it
- Images: What sounds do you hear when you look at pictures?
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
Recently shared by others
- COD Students Celebrate Start of Fall 2016 Semester
- College of DuPage Cross-Country Opens Season Aug. 27
- Sharing Connections “Connects” with Louisiana Flood Victims
- Retirement expert to lead financial seminar for widows Sept. 23
- Tom Cullerton Disgusted with Independent Maps Decision
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
More Addison News
- Addison Sports
- Addison Trail withstands late Glenbard South rally
- Could WSC be even better than last year?
- Former suburban pitcher finds his calling in coaching
- Scouting the Addison Trail Blazers
- Addison Business
- Two more human West Nile cases in DuPage
- First human West Nile case reported in DuPage County
- COD’s nursing program achieves 100 percent pass rate
- Addison Entertainment
- Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing case
- Constable: How a deacon’s quest helps cows battle malaria in Uganda
- Fest brings taste of Italy to Addison
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County