Communities » Addison Area News
Suburban mayors oppose property tax breaks for homeowners near O'HareNine suburban mayors and one township supervisor have called upon State Rep. Marty Moylan to withdraw legislation that would give property tax breaks to homeowners impacted by noise from O'Hare International Airport, saying it would lower property values and shift a tax burden onto other homeowners. "Property values are already declining," Moylan said. "This bill offers some relief.”Last Updated Oct 1, 2014 6:47 AM
Recently shared by others
- Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury
- Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today!
- Entertain Your Taste Buds
- The Illinois Brass Band Presents ‘An Evening With Sousa’
- Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun
- National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters”
- Basket Brigade is back; bigger and better
- COD Hosts Free ‘Chaparral Career Advantage’ Workshops
- College of DuPage to Host Study Abroad Open House on Oct. 9
- Authors to Visit College of DuPage at Free Writers Read Program Oct. 14
- Garrett Ard and Lisa Dawn Foertsch rehearse for Wheaton Drama's special Broadway musical revue, "Broadway Ballot". Performances are Aug. 17-19 at Playhouse 111. Tickets and information at http://www.wheatondrama.org Steven Merkel
- Sentimental summer gathering of sorority sisters enjoys lunch at Blackfinn. Alumnae members of Northwest Suburban Alumnae Club plan philanthropic events and social gatherings. Since 1961, Alpha Gam women have shared a common goal to contribute to the world's work in their community. Front row L to R: Bonnie Everhard, Barbara Benson, Nancy Clauser, Sandra Enright. Back row L to R : Pat Smith, Mary Herther, Barbara Willmarth, Kay Bradley, Louann Lawson, Reta Holmgren, Cherrie Wickstrom, Sue Rogers. Pat Smith, Alpha Gamma Delta Publicity Chair
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Some of the 80-plus attendees at the June 27 combined Chambers of Commerce luncheon meeting with Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka, held in Addison on June 27
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- DTA Wildcats 15U Navy & Red teams rocked it at the Mickey Sund Classic in Crystal Lake. The Navy team went 5-0 and outscored their opponents 54-4 on the weekend.The Red team went 4-1 on the weekend with solid pitching and defense including a fantastic 7-5 win against the PBI Eagles in the semi-final game. DTA Wildcats Navy played DTA Wildcats Red in the championship game and were victorious. DuPage Training Academy Baseball
- Kyle Niemiec led the DTA Wildcats 15U Navy team offensively in the Mickey Sund Classic in Crystal Lake last weekend going 7-10 with two homeruns. DuPage Training Academy Baseball
- DTA Wildcats 15U Red Michael Calderone hit a monster Grand Slam, estimated 370 feet, in the victory over Crystal Lake at the Mickey Sund Classic last weekend. DuPage Training Academy Baseball
- Mimi shows her catch at the Oakbrook Terrace/NEDSRA fishing derby held this past Sunday at Terrace View Park Lake. Mimi won an award for most fish caught. Bruce Flowers
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- Illinois Comptroller Judy Judy Baar Topinka and state Rep. Kathleen Willis at June 27 Chamber Luncheon Meeting in Addison
- Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka as she addresses the members of the Addison, Carol Stream, Roselle, Villa Park and Wood Dale Chambers of Commerce
- Judy Baar Topinka and state Rep. Dennis Reboletti at June 27 Chamber Luncheon Meeting in Addison
- Jose Moreno takes a shot in front of John Thompson Center during a wheelchair basketball exhibition during ADA week. The Jr.Bulls come from NEDSRA located in Addison. Jeena Greenwalt
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- West Chicago elected officials and staff, Old Time Pottery executives and representatives of the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce cut the ceremonial ribbon at a daylong celebration which welcomes the retailer to their new home at the northwest corner of Illinois 59 & 64. Rosemary Mackey
- Congressman Roskam cancelled his meeting with families to discuss immigration reform and its effect on families. The families then decorated his door with messages written on colorful butterflies. The butterflies symbolize freedom and migration. Colin Tysoe
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County