Communities » Addison Area News
Local sheriffs air concerns on deportationsSuburban authorities’ reactions range from ambivalence to defiance over the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s plans for a massive deportation effort that includes deputizing local police to assist.Last Updated Feb 22, 2017 7:35 PM
Enjoy this weather while it lastsUpdated Feb 22, 2017 6:15 PM
Enjoy the balmy weather while it lasts. Saturday’s forecast calls for snow. You remember snow, right?
Police seek help in 10-year-old missing person caseUpdated Feb 22, 2017 10:13 PM
Police are again asking for the public’s help finding a St. Charles man who has been missing under “suspicious” circumstances since 2007.
Trial begins for Downers Grove man accused of fatally shooting motherUpdated Feb 22, 2017 6:20 PM
The trial began Wednesday for the Downers Grove man accused of shooting his mother in the head in the backseat of her car in a Burr Ridge church parking lot. Michael Bassaly is accused of five counts of first degree murder.
Downers Grove man accused of killing mother to stand trialUpdated Feb 21, 2017 7:28 PM
The jury trial for a Downers Grove man accused of murdering his mother in a church parking lot will begin Wednesday morning. Michael Zaky Bassaly, 30, is charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the Aug. 29, 2013, slaying. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Wheaton murder suspect barred from contacting ex-wife’s childrenUpdated Feb 21, 2017 4:23 PM
In his first court appearance since being charged with killing his ex-wife, Lee Leinweber had restrictions placed on his communication. Prosecutors Tuesday filed a motion banning Leinweber from contacting any of Erin Leinweber’s three adult children and their families.
DuPage sheriff looks to replace aging dash camerasUpdated Feb 21, 2017 3:26 PM
The DuPage County sheriff’s department wants to replace aging video cameras in its squad cars and develop the infrastructure needed to eventually equip its deputies with body cameras.
$1 million bail set for two in drug-induced homicide caseUpdated Feb 19, 2017 3:36 PM
Two men were ordered held on $1 million bail over the weekend on charges in connection with the January drug overdose death of an Addison man, according to the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office.
Carbon monoxide scare sends four to Naperville hospitalUpdated Feb 18, 2017 3:35 PM
A faulty water heater was to blame for an early morning carbon monoxide scare in Naperville that sent four people to the hospital Saturday morning.
- Coyote carcasses dumped in Kane forest preserve
- Meeting to review extension of Great Western Trail
Recently shared by others
- Hundreds of visitors showed up at the Open House Day at Masjid Al-Jumu’ah
- Tom Cullerton works to end legislators’ retirement system
- COD Receives FY 2017 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from GFOA
- COD College Theater Presents ‘The Ballad of the Sad Café’ March 2 to 19
- COD Offers Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exams, Typing Test Pro Exam
- COD to Host Sustainability Film and Discussion Series This Spring
- Tom Cullerton launches petition to stand up against taxing senior citizens’ retirement income
- Choral-Aires Chorus to host ‘Everyone’s a Winner’ luncheon show
- State University Transfer Day to be Held Feb. 22
- Creative Writing Committee Seeking Submissions for ‘Emerging Voices’ Writing Contest
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
More Addison News
- Addison Sports
- Week 11: Stevenson’s Herenton garners MVP distinction
- Addison Trail speeds past Fenton
- Images: Fenton vs. Addison Trail girls basketball
- Addison Business
- Workshop to focus on IT workforce’s future
- COD offers new building systems automation program
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County