Communities » Addison Area News
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterDogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.Last Updated May 24, 2016 10:30 PM
Clerk injured in Aurora armed robberyUpdated May 24, 2016 5:03 PM
A 60-year-old gas station attendant was struck in the head with a gun during an early morning armed robbery in Aurora.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
Baseball: Glenbard North wins; Naperville North, Addison Trail eliminatedUpdated May 23, 2016 9:57 PM
Here’s a roundup of Monday’s DuPage County playoff baseball action.
College of DuPage looking to keep tuition, taxes flatUpdated May 22, 2016 10:57 PM
College of DuPage officials are planning to keep tuition flat and hold the line on property taxes during the next fiscal year, even though the school is expecting to get zero financial support from the state.
State trooper back on duty after near-fatal crashUpdated May 24, 2016 12:36 PM
An Illinois state trooper is returning to work 20 months after nearly being killed by a drunken driving suspect.
Boys track: Carr-Jones blazes a trail downstateUpdated May 21, 2016 3:08 AM
Addison Trail’s Carr-Jones demonstrates the power of positive thinking
Girls track: DuPage County competitors set up for successUpdated May 21, 2016 12:26 AM
Five DuPage County girls track and field athletes hold the first-day lead or top performance in six events at the state meet.
Panel suggests ways for College of DuPage to keep its accreditationUpdated May 20, 2016 5:12 PM
A College of DuPage task force has developed a list of recommendations for how to resolve issues raised by an accreditation agency that put the school on probation.
- How DuPage will commemorate Memorial Day
- Lester: Where will suburban homeless go after Journeys cuts?
- Images: Addison Trail High School graduation
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Celebrate the 40th Season of Addison’s Family Aquatic Center
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Annual gem, mineral, fossil, and jewelry show returns this weekend
- “Expect the Unexpected!” in Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s 56th Season
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
More Addison News
- Addison Sports
- Baseball: Glenbard North wins; Naperville North, Addison Trail eliminated
- Boys track: Carr-Jones blazes a trail downstate
- Girls track: DuPage County competitors set up for success
- Baseball: Lisle, Timothy Christian, Wheaton North win
- Baseball: Naperville Central, WW South, West Chicago win
- Boys volleyball: Height helps Addison Trail overcome Willowbrook
- Baseball: Waubonsie Valley, Willowbrook, St. Francis win
- Why community colleges want live mascots
- Addison Business
- Federal money coming for West Chicago environmental cleanup
- Addison Entertainment
- Buffalo Theatre Ensemble returning to College of DuPage
- ‘Neither Wolf Nor Dog’ inspires, sparks disussion
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County