Communities » Addison Area News
Former COD Foundation employee alleges gender discriminationA former College of DuPage Foundation employee alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was discriminated against by his female supervisors for being the only male employee in his department.Last Updated Nov 25, 2015 4:14 PM
State’s attorney investigating police-involved shooting in LisleUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:50 PM
The investigation into the Oct. 10 fatal shooting of a burglary suspect by a Lisle police officer is now in the hands of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.
DuPage County approves budget that cuts 10 sheriff’s office jobsUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:39 PM
In a move strongly criticized by Sheriff John Zaruba, DuPage County Board members on Tuesday approved a $444.4 million budget for the coming fiscal year that eliminates 10 full-time positions at the sheriff’s office.
Elburn seeks site for overpass linking forest preservesPosted Nov 24, 2015 10:00 AM
As mentioned last week, Elburn will soon have an Anderson Road bridge that will help residents get over the train tracks if they choose that option over Main Street.
Here’s how DuPage, Will primaries are shaping upUpdated Nov 24, 2015 8:38 AM
More than a dozen countywide, county board and forest preserve candidates lined up outside the DuPage County Election Commission office on Monday morning to file nominating petitions to enter the March 15 primary.
Man gets six months in jail for blackmailing women for sexUpdated Nov 23, 2015 9:58 PM
An 18-year-old Aurora man who threatened to distribute nude photos of two women unless they had sex with him has been sentenced to 180 days in jail.
Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft countsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 7:16 PM
A DuPage County jury deliberated for just more than hour Monday evening before convicting former Burr Ridge real estate broker Harry "Bud" Simons of theft.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby caseUpdated Nov 24, 2015 5:58 AM
Armed robbery in Aurora might be related to 4 others. Parents get 5 years in Barrington starvation case. Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts. Elk Grove's flood control project delayed. Bulls’ challenge is how to use McDermott. Short workweek for Bears before Green Bay game.
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
Recently shared by others
- Yellow House Artists put on winter show ‘Festival In Color’
- Culver’s of Addison holiday toy drive to benefit Elmhurst Hospital
- Tom Cullerton works to return gas tax money to DuPage County
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Glenbard East craft show proceeds will help newborns
- More Than 130 Participants Gather for Student Success Symposium
- Courier TV Receives Two Illinois Broadcast Association Silver Dome Awards
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- COD Chaparral Gridders Face Arizona Western College Matadors in El Toro Bowl Dec. 5
- COD to Host 14th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Dec. 2
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Photo from 2004 I recently came across when scanning my old slides at the Addison Public Library. Shot at a Dupage county forest preserve on Kodachrome, The most iconic film and longest running film brand of all time. Sadly it is no longer produced or developed. No photoshop necessary. I think it's important to remind people that if they love film, especially slide film, if you don't buy it manufacturers will stop making it. So dust off that 35mm, get a couple rolls of film, grab the kids and teach them how we USE to create photos. Eric Frick
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
- Hop into a bath tub to demonstrate its roominess and show off its features, for example. The grand opening of RKB Showroom in Mundelein was the setting when Ferguson company (Addison) outside sales rep Dick Graff took the plunge, albeit without the required water supply to benefit from the whirlpool bath tub with its Aerofeel Airpool System technology. The Maxx Living 7242 air/jet, back jet combo bath tub is among the upscale, trendy kitchen and bath products featured in new display rooms during the grand opening through Friday at RKB Showroom, 216 Terrace Dr., Mundelein. "We carry today's leading kitchen and bath brands, feature them in our private setting, and give our customers the kind of personal attention they desire," said Barry Schuster, owner of RKB Showroom and resident of Vernon Hills. For more information please visit www.RKBsite.com, or call (847) 970-6880. Barry Sigale
- Made me laugh seeing the Spring Show in all that snow Andrea Schroeder
More Addison News
- Addison Sports
- A different kind of college achievers
- York, Hinsdale Central and Downers Grove North lead the way
- Downers Grove South steps it up
- Firearm deer hunting starts in Illinois
- Addison Business
- Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts
- Closing arguments to begin Monday in Burr Ridge real estate agent’s trial
- Prosecutors: Burr Ridge broker accused of theft risked losing franchise
- Burr Ridge real estate broker accused of stealing earnest money
- Lagestee-Mulder buys Burr Ridge office center
- Addison Opinion
- Editorial: Bigotry against Muslims is no answer to ISIS terrorism
- Where would salutes be if we had a draft?
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Addison Trail High School
- 213 N. Lombard Rd.
Addison, IL 60101
- Navy Blue/White
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
Daily Herald Communities
- The Addison Advantage
- 41.931573, -88.002221
- DuPage County