Communities » Villa Park Area News
Police searching for inmate mistakenly released from prisonAn inmate facing murder charges was mistakenly released from the Illinois Department of Corrections, Cook County sheriff’s officials said Monday.Last Updated Feb 27, 2017 6:39 PM
60-year prison sentence in $1.35 million Aurora heroin bustUpdated Feb 27, 2017 12:12 PM
An Aurora man convicted of possessing nearly 20 pounds of heroin in one of the largest drug arrests in Kane County history has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
Cook County Clerk Orr to lead discussion on TIF districtsUpdated Feb 27, 2017 4:08 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr will host a Tax Increment Financing Forum on Thursday addressing the current state and future of TIFs, with a focus on TIF transparency.
Scouting the Class 3A and Class 4A boys basketball playoffsUpdated Feb 25, 2017 8:20 PM
The IHSA Class 3A and 4A boys basketball playoffs begin on Monday. Here’s a preview of DuPage County’s chances at a trip to Peoria next month.
Witness recounts fatal shooting of Bartlett manUpdated Feb 23, 2017 6:59 PM
A key witness in the murder trial against a former Algonquin man accused of killing a Bartlett man in 2014 over drugs described Thursday how Gary Bennett shot Keith Crawford in the back of the head in August 2014, dumped his body and destroyed evidence.
Roundtable in Hoffman Estates addresses potential repeal of health lawUpdated Feb 23, 2017 6:51 PM
New Democratic congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi of Schaumburg held a health care policy roundtable in Hoffman Estates Thursday, with a focus on what would happen if the Affordable Care Act were repealed under President Donald Trump and the current Republican-led Congress.
Downers Grove man guilty in mother’s 2013 murderUpdated Feb 23, 2017 3:40 PM
A Downers Grove man faces between 45 years and life in prison after being convicted Thursday of firing a single, fatal shot into his mother’s head outside a Burr Ridge church.
Enjoy this weather while it lastsUpdated Feb 23, 2017 8:48 AM
Enjoy the balmy weather while it lasts. Saturday’s forecast calls for snow. You remember snow, right?
Police seek help in 10-year-old missing person caseUpdated Feb 22, 2017 10:13 PM
Police are again asking for the public’s help finding a St. Charles man who has been missing under “suspicious” circumstances since 2007.
- Local sheriffs air concerns on deportations
- Trial begins for Downers Grove man accused of fatally shooting mother
- Appellate court affirms Villa Park man’s murder conviction
Villa Park Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Banner Personnel wins 2017 Best of Staffing!
- COD Track and Field Athletes Ready for NJCAA Indoor Championships
- COD Horticulture Students Receive Statewide Recognition from ILCA
- Registration Begins End of March for Summer Classes at College of DuPage
- College of DuPage Hosts CODCON XXII Gaming Convention ‘It’s About Time’ April 7 to 9
- Timothy Christian Senior Accepted Into West Point
- February Is National Senior Independence Month
- Hundreds of visitors showed up at the Open House Day at Masjid Al-Jumu’ah
- Tom Cullerton works to end legislators’ retirement system
- COD Receives FY 2017 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from GFOA
- With windchills well below zero, even my soup had a say-so in the weather. Debbie Dolecki
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Friday, April 12, 2013, Joey won the 139 lb Golden Glove Championship held at Cicero Stadium. He fought three (3) fights to get to this championship. Joey was also the 2011 Chicago Park District Champion and 2012 Junior Olympic Champion. Joey's trainers are his grandfather, former Illinois Attorney General and Golden Glove Champion Jim Ryan along with Joey's father John Ryan, also a former boxer Chicago Golden Gloves
- Loni Cohen of Glen Ellyn receives the Violet Richardson Award fron Diane Kegley, Soroptimist Club President at the 24th Annual Awards function at the Hi View Restaurant on May 18. Sue Schumsacher
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Villa Park Parks and Recreation's recent Oktoberfest included a "Villa Park's Got Talent" competition. Mike Hay, left, won first place in the Junior Division for his magic show and the Harmony Sisters (Kathleen and Julia Cicero and Emma and Kailey Ryan) took third place for their performance of a number from the musical "Hairspray." Janet Vargas
- Villa Park resident and comedic actor Matt Kissane with WPWR TV host Mancow Muller! Kissane has appeared on Muller's morning show several times and also hosts his own weekly podcast on Slam Intenet Radio. Kissane, a Montini high school alum was a cast member on WGN Morning News for close to six years from 2002-2008 Matt Kissane
More Villa Park News
- Villa Park Sports
- Scouting the Class 3A and Class 4A boys basketball playoffs
- Downers Grove North’s final shot drops Willowbrook
- Glenbard North’s Gomez completes the 3-peat
- Images: Saturday at the State Final Meet in Individual Wrestling, Fox Valley & DuPage Co.
- Downers Grove South forces Willowbrook to share
- Images: Friday at the State Final Meet in Individual Wrestling, Fox Valley & DuPage Co.
- Badger, Ranieri pull upsets on first day at state
- Villa Park Business
- Roundtable in Hoffman Estates addresses potential repeal of health law
- Workshop to focus on IT workforce’s future
- Suburban businesses learn about new immigration, county rules
- Villa Park Entertainment
- Pastor: Crawfords ‘a loving, caring family’
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- The Garden Village
- 41.88865, -87.977884
- DuPage County