Communities » Villa Park Area News
Mariano’s 40th store to open Tuesday in BloomingdaleAnother former suburban Dominick’s has received the Mariano’s facelift and it will be unveiled Tuesday morning.Last Updated Jan 13, 2017 9:29 PM
Woman, ex-boyfriend charged in staged home invasion, dog’s deathUpdated Jan 13, 2017 9:38 PM
A Maine Township woman and her ex-boyfriend have been charged with staging a home invasion at her residence, Cook County Sheriff Thomas Dart announced Friday.
Carol Stream man accused of threatening governor, sheriffUpdated Jan 13, 2017 10:12 AM
A Carol Stream man who is a registered sex offender has been charged with threatening violence against the governor and the DuPage County sheriff, DuPage officials said.
Preckwinkle addresses role of King’s legacy in 2017Updated Jan 13, 2017 12:01 AM
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle Thursday spoke of the responsibilities of her job — as well as the duties of all Northwest suburban leaders and residents — that specifically advance the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Lisle village clerk gets 4 months in jail for third DUIUpdated Jan 12, 2017 10:09 PM
Lisle’s long-time elected village clerk is behind bars this afternoon as he begins serving a four-month jail sentence for his third DUI. Timothy Seeden, 59, of the 2200 block of Ridgewood, pleaded guilty Thursday morning to a misdemeanor count of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol.
Elgin man accused of sex assaults, abuse in 1990s, 2011Updated Jan 12, 2017 9:34 PM
A 76-year-old Elgin man has been charged with repeatedly raping and sexually abusing a girl he knew beginning in the early 1990s and another female victim in early 2012.
A bittersweet meet for Addison Trail seniorsUpdated Jan 11, 2017 11:06 PM
Seniors lead Addison Trail to West Suburban Gold girls gymnastics victory against archrival Willowbrook.
Districts hoping state legislation will keep referendums validUpdated Jan 11, 2017 5:44 PM
DuPage County taxing districts affected by a notification error during the fall election are “thrilled” that proposed state legislation could allow them proceed with voter-approved projects. But they won’t know for up to 60 days whether or not Gov. Bruce Rauner will sign the measure.
Suspect in rape, robbery denies knowledge of the crimeUpdated Jan 11, 2017 5:34 PM
The 23-year-old man, most recently from Bolingrook, accused of raping and robbing an 87-year-old Westmont woman on New Year’s Day 2015 told police he was in Chicago at the time of the attack and not familiar with Westmont, desite living feet away from the victim in 2014.
- Willowbrook makes victory feel routine
- DuPage hears feedback on merger proposal
- DuPage referendum fix awaiting governor’s signature
- DuPage County honors Naperville activist
- 89-year-old victim testifies in Westmont rape, robbery trial
- Honorable mentions: DuPage County Leadership Team
- Images: Willowbrook vs. Leyden boys basketball
Villa Park Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Business Leader Chuck Pickerill hosts Meet & Greet at Dominick’s Pizza
- Advocate Lutheran General physicians named Top Cancer Doctors by Chicago Magazine
- Heartland Blood Centers is in critical need of several blood types
- Applications Now Accepted for 2017 COD Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Explore the Evolving Technology Workforce March 10 at College of DuPage
- COD Hosts Horticulture Career and Job Fair Feb. 7
- COD Celebrates Black History Month with Series of Programs
- COD to Host Small Business Seminars This Winter and Spring
- Volleyball club’s new Serve City Serves gives back to the community
- Islamic Foundation held a Rally for Unity and Solidarity on New Year Day
- With windchills well below zero, even my soup had a say-so in the weather. Debbie Dolecki
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- The Village of Lombard celebrates Arbor Day with the planting of an Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac tree in honor of the late Village President William J. Mueller. Attending the ceremony was the Mueller Family and St. Pius X students and their families. Village of Lombard
- Friday, April 12, 2013, Joey won the 139 lb Golden Glove Championship held at Cicero Stadium. He fought three (3) fights to get to this championship. Joey was also the 2011 Chicago Park District Champion and 2012 Junior Olympic Champion. Joey's trainers are his grandfather, former Illinois Attorney General and Golden Glove Champion Jim Ryan along with Joey's father John Ryan, also a former boxer Chicago Golden Gloves
- Loni Cohen of Glen Ellyn receives the Violet Richardson Award fron Diane Kegley, Soroptimist Club President at the 24th Annual Awards function at the Hi View Restaurant on May 18. Sue Schumsacher
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- NEDSRA Actors & Actresses having Fun! Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Villa Park Parks and Recreation's recent Oktoberfest included a "Villa Park's Got Talent" competition. Mike Hay, left, won first place in the Junior Division for his magic show and the Harmony Sisters (Kathleen and Julia Cicero and Emma and Kailey Ryan) took third place for their performance of a number from the musical "Hairspray." Janet Vargas
- Villa Park resident and comedic actor Matt Kissane with WPWR TV host Mancow Muller! Kissane has appeared on Muller's morning show several times and also hosts his own weekly podcast on Slam Intenet Radio. Kissane, a Montini high school alum was a cast member on WGN Morning News for close to six years from 2002-2008 Matt Kissane
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- The Garden Village
- 41.88865, -87.977884
- DuPage County