Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing caseA 51-year-old Chicago woman has withdrawn her guilty plea to charges of aggravated cruelty in the stabbing death of a family member's cat in Elmhurst. Kelly Palermo pleaded guilty to aggravated cruelty on July 26 and was to be sentenced this fall.Last Updated Aug 26, 2016 8:14 PM
Elgin woman charged with bringing drugs into DuPage jailUpdated Aug 26, 2016 5:13 PM
An Elgin hairdresser released from jail Tuesday will be headed right back behind bars if DuPage prosecutors have their way.
First human West Nile case reported in DuPage CountyUpdated Aug 26, 2016 2:30 PM
An 80-year-old Darien woman has the year’s first reported human case of West Nile virus in DuPage, county health department officials said Friday.
Interrogation video provides new look at Naperville slayingUpdated Aug 25, 2016 7:56 PM
Grant Muren told police he fended off a violent attack by Charles Clark for more than 20 minutes before he was able to put Clark in the violent choke hold that ultimately killed the man during a fight in Naperville.
Video doesn’t support protester’s claims against Naperville copUpdated Aug 25, 2016 4:04 PM
Dashcam footage released Thursday by Naperville police appears to refute claims by a Lisle man that an officer tried to run him over outside the city’s police station.
Lester: Caregivers are leaving their jobs for higher pay in fast food, retailUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:40 AM
Some employees of Ray Graham Association, based in Lisle, are leaving jobs their for higher-paying positions in fast-food or big-box stores as the clock is ticking on GOP Gov. Bruce Rauner to sign or veto a bill raising pay for caregivers for those with disabilities, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoUpdated Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM
A DuPage judge on Wednesday ordered Naperville police to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
- Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriend
- DuComm may move to former youth home in Wheaton
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Retirement expert to lead financial seminar for widows Sept. 23
- Tom Cullerton Disgusted with Independent Maps Decision
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Family Fun Endurance Bike Ride to support Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Business
- First human West Nile case reported in DuPage County
- Wood Dale Entertainment
- Woman rescinds guilty plea in Elmhurst cat stabbing case
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County