Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Investigation continues into fatal Bartlett plane crashNational Transportation Safety Board investigators removed the wreckage of a single-engine Cessna 172 from a Bartlett area forest preserve Saturday, as they continued to search the scene and interview witnesses for clues to what caused the fatal plane crash Friday.Last Updated Jul 4, 2015 4:13 PM
How the Pledge of Allegiance has changed since 1892Updated Jul 4, 2015 10:13 AM
The Pledge of Allegiance is as much a part of American tradition as July 4th fireworks, parades and barbecues. But did you know the Pledge's wording has changed several times since it was first written by minister Francis Bellamy in 1892?
8 ways to be safe during July, the deadliest monthUpdated Jul 3, 2015 4:16 PM
July is the deadliest month of the year when it comes to preventable deaths. The key part of the statistic is that these are *preventable* deaths. Here are some tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe this month.
Aurora man held on trespassing chargesUpdated Jul 2, 2015 6:04 PM
An Aurora man, who police say has been on their radar for quite a while, is being held in DuPage County jail on trespassing charges following his actions at an area pool.
Robert Morris University Illinois names new presidentUpdated Jul 2, 2015 12:34 PM
Arlington Heights resident Mablene Krueger has been named president of Robert Morris University Illinois, the college’s board of trustees announced.
Men found dead in Plainfield home identifiedUpdated Jun 30, 2015 5:33 PM
Autopsy results have found no signs of foul play in the deaths of two men -- one from Naperville and the other from Plainfield -- found dead Monday morning inside a Plainfield house.
Civil War re-enactors say Confederate flag is a part of historyUpdated Jun 29, 2015 5:41 PM
Participants at a Civil War re-enactment in Bensenville had all the details historically accurate, right down to the Confederate battle flag. Re-enactors say they understand the recent uproar over the flag's display, but say it's a part of our history.
Chick-fil-a hosts blood driveUpdated Jul 3, 2015 10:58 AM
Chicago-area Chick-fil-A restaurants will team with Heartland Blood Centers to host blood drives between July 6 and 10.
Dawn Patrol: Who’s getting paid in state shutdown? July 4 festivities beginUpdated Jul 2, 2015 5:55 AM
Who's getting paid in the state government shutdown? Not all lawmakers. Fourth of July parade, festival listings. Kane County strip search questioned. Rain delays construction in the suburbs. Batavia man accused of forcing way into home. Aurora man accused of attempting to join ISIS skips court. The Cubs make it eight in a row over the Mets. Sox beat the Cardinals after rain delays.
- Dawn Patrol: State government shut down, or is it? Saad leaving Hawks
- Griffin: Taxpayers foot six-figure pension for private employee
- Dawn Patrol: Pride Parade a ‘victory lap’; St. Charles cyclist dies during fundraiser
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- 11 Restaurants To Compete In WACO’s Wingfest
- COD Students Serve Prestigious Culinary Internship in France
- COD Offers Free Seminar for Seniors on Computer Crimes Aug. 13
- College of DuPage Joins Coalition of Adult Learning Focused Institutions (ALFI)
- ‘UnpredicTable’ offers a feast for your eyes
- COD to Host Laps With the Chaps Sunset 5K Run/Walk Sep. 26
- COD Physics Professor Named ‘Most Influential Teacher’ by U.S. Presidential Scholar
- Sedgebrook resident’s book looks at life as a spy
- Auditions for COD Fall College Theatre Aug. 28 and 29
- Perform with Community Ensembles This Fall at College of DuPage
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Sports
- Elk Grove man gets 46 years for molesting girls
- Wood Dale Business
- Chick-fil-a hosts blood drive
- Robert Morris University Illinois names new president
- Meet a 10-year-old suburban CEO
- Tollway names Choose DuPage chief as new leader
- DuPage economic development group's chief headed to tollway
- Court: Aurora Planned Parenthood zoning case wrongly dismissed
- Wood Dale Entertainment
- 8 ways to be safe during July, the deadliest month
- Chick-fil-a hosts blood drive
- Dogs ready to help scared victims in court
- Monks sue Benedictine University, say rights are being denied
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
How bad are the mosquitoes?
|I haven't noticed them||18.9%|
|Not as bad as last summer||9.8%|
|About the same as last summer||12.8%|
|Worse than last summer||58.6%|
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County