Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Chicago woman sentenced to 10 years for Villa Park home invasionA Chicago woman, who posed as a prostitute in a 2013 Villa Park home invasion in which three people were tied up and robbed, is headed to prison.Last Updated Oct 2, 2015 2:30 PM
Missing Aurora man believed to be in ChicagoUpdated Oct 2, 2015 2:02 PM
Police believe a missing Aurora man, who suffers from dimentia, may be in Chicago.
Doctor-law student partnership to help poor is thriving in AuroraUpdated Oct 2, 2015 9:39 AM
Northern Illinois University law students are part of a rare partnership with doctors to create the Health Advocacy Clinic in Aurora, at which doctors and lawyers work together to help the poor. "We're training the doctors to spot the legal issues and they refer the cases to us,” said Colleen Boraca, supervising attorney at the clinic. “Now it's blossomed into a movement. "
Former DuPage forest exec convicted of official misconductUpdated Oct 1, 2015 5:50 PM
A DuPage County judge has ruled former DuPage County Forest Preserve executive was guilty of official misconduct and unlawful participation in government contracts but the vendor he is accused of conspiring with was acquitted of the remaining bribery and unlawful participation.
5 years in prison for former Villa Park Islamic Foundation finance chiefUpdated Oct 1, 2015 5:11 PM
For three years, Inam Rahim supplemented his $69,000 annual income by falsely adding his wife to the payroll of the Islamic Foundation of Villa Park. Thursday he was sentenced to five years in prison.
Former Downers Grove youth pastor gets jail time for theftUpdated Oct 1, 2015 5:05 PM
A former youth pastor at a Downers Grove church pleaded guilty Thursday to misdemeanor theft from the church where he worked.
Judge to decide fate of former Villa Park Islamic Foundation finance chiefUpdated Sep 30, 2015 9:33 PM
The former finance director of the Islamic Foundation in Villa Park faces as many as 15 years in prison today, though prosecutors are seeking 11 on charges he stole more than $500,000 from his former employer.
PSI to provide engines for China busUpdated Sep 30, 2015 1:17 PM
WOOD DALE — Power Solutions International signed a multiyear agreement to provide engines and transmissions to China-based JAC Motors for the production of a new luxury mini bus.Beginning in 2015, PSI will supply JAC with up to 500 certified, 4.8-liter engines equipped with 6L90 transmissions. The quantity supplied is expected to increase during the following two years, to a range of 1000 to 1500 units in 2017.“We are pleased to advance the growth of our on-highway business in China by partnering with a global leader like JAC,” said Gary Winemaster, PSI’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.According to JAC, the vehicle represents a completely new commercial offering in terms of size, class and fuel for the company. The 4.8-liter engine is designed to run on gasoline, essentially creating a new large commercial vehicle category in China, where diesel is the norm. The engine will conform to the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) China IV engine certification standard.JAC and PSI plan to complete engine certification for the new tour coach in the second half of 2015, with production to begin in the fourth quarter of the year. JAC Motors, based in Hefei, Anhui Province, is one of the top six small and medium bus producers in China.
Injured bald eagle found along I-55 near DarienUpdated Sep 29, 2015 10:00 PM
An injured American bald eagle is being treated at Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn after it was found Tuesday along Interstate 55 near Darien, officials said.
- Grand jury subpoenas COD records on Waterleaf spending
- Cronin: Others should follow DuPage’s lead on consolidation
- Former Wood Dale Mayor ‘always had a smile on his face’
- High winds could cause lake flooding
- Naperville man nabbed in child porn investigation
- Dawn Patrol: Roskam won’t seek leadership post; deliberations continue in double murder
- Lake Park bringing campuses under one principal
- Dawn Patrol: Dist. 23 teacher raises; man sought in Grayslake-area death is dead
- Dawn Patrol: Gurnee arrest, teacher strike over
- Lester: COD hearing officer quits days after hiring
- 10 stories you might have missed this weekend
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Faculty, Student Ensembles Perform at the MAC in October
- COD Community Concert Band Performs Oct. 12 at the MAC
- Culinary Student Opens Caribbean Corner Restaurant in Downers Grove
- A Stroll through West Chicago’s Storied Past: 2016 Tales Tombstones Tell
- Fall in Love with Gallery 200 at Artoberfest
- College of DuPage Student Performing at Second City Through Oct. 17
- COD Hosts Day of the Dead Art Event Oct. 17 at Wings Gallery
- Earth Science Program at College of DuPage a Step Above the Competition
- COD Astronomy Program Hosts ‘Supermoon’ Viewing
- COD Invites Alumni to Homecoming Week Activities Oct. 15 to 17
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Business
- Doctors, NIU law students together help poor in Aurora
- PSI to provide engines for China bus
- Chamber exec Haskins returns to her roots
- Wood Dale Entertainment
- Injured bald eagle found along I-55 near Darien
- Wood Dale adds fall atmosphere to Festravaganza
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County