Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Police seek help in 10-year-old missing person casePolice are again asking for the public’s help finding a St. Charles man who has been missing under “suspicious” circumstances since 2007.Last Updated Feb 22, 2017 10:13 PM
Enjoy this weather while it lastsUpdated Feb 23, 2017 8:48 AM
Enjoy the balmy weather while it lasts. Saturday’s forecast calls for snow. You remember snow, right?
Local sheriffs air concerns on deportationsUpdated Feb 22, 2017 7:35 PM
Suburban authorities’ reactions range from ambivalence to defiance over the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s plans for a massive deportation effort that includes deputizing local police to assist.
Trial begins for Downers Grove man accused of fatally shooting motherUpdated Feb 22, 2017 6:20 PM
The trial began Wednesday for the Downers Grove man accused of shooting his mother in the head in the backseat of her car in a Burr Ridge church parking lot. Michael Bassaly is accused of five counts of first degree murder.
Downers Grove man accused of killing mother to stand trialUpdated Feb 21, 2017 7:28 PM
The jury trial for a Downers Grove man accused of murdering his mother in a church parking lot will begin Wednesday morning. Michael Zaky Bassaly, 30, is charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the Aug. 29, 2013, slaying. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Wheaton murder suspect barred from contacting ex-wife’s childrenUpdated Feb 21, 2017 4:23 PM
In his first court appearance since being charged with killing his ex-wife, Lee Leinweber had restrictions placed on his communication. Prosecutors Tuesday filed a motion banning Leinweber from contacting any of Erin Leinweber’s three adult children and their families.
DuPage sheriff looks to replace aging dash camerasUpdated Feb 21, 2017 3:26 PM
The DuPage County sheriff’s department wants to replace aging video cameras in its squad cars and develop the infrastructure needed to eventually equip its deputies with body cameras.
$1 million bail set for two in drug-induced homicide caseUpdated Feb 19, 2017 3:36 PM
Two men were ordered held on $1 million bail over the weekend on charges in connection with the January drug overdose death of an Addison man, according to the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office.
Carbon monoxide scare sends four to Naperville hospitalUpdated Feb 18, 2017 3:35 PM
A faulty water heater was to blame for an early morning carbon monoxide scare in Naperville that sent four people to the hospital Saturday morning.
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- February Is National Senior Independence Month
- Tom Cullerton works to end legislators’ retirement system
- COD Receives FY 2017 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from GFOA
- COD College Theater Presents ‘The Ballad of the Sad Café’ March 2 to 19
- COD Offers Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exams, Typing Test Pro Exam
- COD to Host Sustainability Film and Discussion Series This Spring
- Tom Cullerton launches petition to stand up against taxing senior citizens’ retirement income
- Choral-Aires Chorus to host ‘Everyone’s a Winner’ luncheon show
- State University Transfer Day to be Held Feb. 22
- Creative Writing Committee Seeking Submissions for ‘Emerging Voices’ Writing Contest
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County