Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Witness recounts fatal shooting of Bartlett manA key witness in the murder trial against a former Algonquin man accused of killing a Bartlett man in 2014 over drugs described Thursday how Gary Bennett shot Keith Crawford in the back of the head in August 2014, dumped his body and destroyed evidence.Last Updated Feb 23, 2017 6:59 PM
Roundtable in Hoffman Estates addresses potential repeal of health lawUpdated Feb 23, 2017 6:51 PM
New Democratic congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi of Schaumburg held a health care policy roundtable in Hoffman Estates Thursday, with a focus on what would happen if the Affordable Care Act were repealed under President Donald Trump and the current Republican-led Congress.
Downers Grove man guilty in mother’s 2013 murderUpdated Feb 23, 2017 3:40 PM
A Downers Grove man faces between 45 years and life in prison after being convicted Thursday of firing a single, fatal shot into his mother’s head outside a Burr Ridge church.
Enjoy this weather while it lastsUpdated Feb 23, 2017 8:48 AM
Enjoy the balmy weather while it lasts. Saturday’s forecast calls for snow. You remember snow, right?
Police seek help in 10-year-old missing person caseUpdated Feb 22, 2017 10:13 PM
Police are again asking for the public’s help finding a St. Charles man who has been missing under “suspicious” circumstances since 2007.
Local sheriffs air concerns on deportationsUpdated Feb 22, 2017 7:35 PM
Suburban authorities’ reactions range from ambivalence to defiance over the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s plans for a massive deportation effort that includes deputizing local police to assist.
Trial begins for Downers Grove man accused of fatally shooting motherUpdated Feb 22, 2017 6:20 PM
The trial began Wednesday for the Downers Grove man accused of shooting his mother in the head in the backseat of her car in a Burr Ridge church parking lot. Michael Bassaly is accused of five counts of first degree murder.
Downers Grove man accused of killing mother to stand trialUpdated Feb 21, 2017 7:28 PM
The jury trial for a Downers Grove man accused of murdering his mother in a church parking lot will begin Wednesday morning. Michael Zaky Bassaly, 30, is charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the Aug. 29, 2013, slaying. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
Wheaton murder suspect barred from contacting ex-wife’s childrenUpdated Feb 21, 2017 4:23 PM
In his first court appearance since being charged with killing his ex-wife, Lee Leinweber had restrictions placed on his communication. Prosecutors Tuesday filed a motion banning Leinweber from contacting any of Erin Leinweber’s three adult children and their families.
- DuPage sheriff looks to replace aging dash cameras
- Glen Ellyn, Addison men charged in heroin death
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD Track and Field Athletes Ready for NJCAA Indoor Championships
- COD Horticulture Students Receive Statewide Recognition from ILCA
- Registration Begins End of March for Summer Classes at College of DuPage
- College of DuPage Hosts CODCON XXII Gaming Convention ‘It’s About Time’ April 7 to 9
- February Is National Senior Independence Month
- Tom Cullerton works to end legislators’ retirement system
- COD Receives FY 2017 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from GFOA
- COD College Theater Presents ‘The Ballad of the Sad Café’ March 2 to 19
- COD Offers Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exams, Typing Test Pro Exam
- COD to Host Sustainability Film and Discussion Series This Spring
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County