Communities » Wood Dale Area News
DuPage County elected officials sworn inThe last remaining Democrat on the DuPage County Board says she plans to work with her Republican colleagues to achieve mutual goals.Last Updated Dec 5, 2016 10:48 PM
Neighbors, friends try to help families of men killed in crashUpdated Dec 5, 2016 4:57 PM
Friends and neighbors are seeking donations online to help the families of two men killed last week in a head-on crash in Naperville.
Oak Meadows improvements nearing the finish linePosted Dec 5, 2016 5:35 AM
The new-look Oak Meadows Golf Preserve in Addison has been changed from the inside out. Over the past 18 months, crews have restored the portion of Salt Creek that runs through the 288-acre property and consolidated two golf courses into a single 18-hole facility with greater flood resistance and more stormwater storage capacity.
Oak Meadows could get a clubhousePosted Dec 5, 2016 5:34 AM
DuPage forest preserve commissioners are exploring the possibility of once again having a clubhouse at Oak Meadows Golf Preserve in Addison.
First snowfall of season blankets suburbsUpdated Dec 4, 2016 9:12 PM
The first snowfall of the season blanketed the suburbs Sunday, causing slippery road conditions throughout the region and delaying hundreds of flights at O’Hare and Midway airports.
We’re thankful for the Roselle Knights of ColumbusPosted Dec 4, 2016 6:00 AM
Members of the Roselle Knights of Columbus Council 5732, are again leading the nation in coat distribution to underpriveledged children from Roselle to Chicago, and they’re only half-way done.
Forecast calls for snow todayUpdated Dec 4, 2016 8:38 AM
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for snow. The advisory will be in effect from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for northern and northeastern Illinois.
Blass concedes to Chaplin in DuPage County Board raceUpdated Dec 2, 2016 9:10 PM
Richard Blass officially has ended his bid for a District 2 DuPage County Board seat. The Elmhurst Republican on Friday night announced he won’t seek a partial recount of the results from the Nov. 8 election that show Democratic incumbent Elizabeth “Liz” Chaplin defeating him by 50 votes.
One driver killed in I-88 crash had survived al-Qaida firing squadUpdated Dec 2, 2016 8:14 PM
Three people — a survivor of an al-Qaida firing squad, an Elgin man believed to be a Marine recruiter and a returning business traveler 10 minutes from home — were killed early Friday morning when a car headed the wrong way on I-88 struck another car head-on in Naperville.
- Getaway driver in Bensenville slaying sentenced to 8 years
- Wheaton, Glen Ellyn men charged in kidnapping, armed robbery
- Lisle man gets 7 years Aurora hotel minor sex sting
- 15 years prison for Aurora man in $2.1 million heroin bust
- Training, apprenticeships transition students into workforce
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage December ‘Images’ Highlights Distinguished Alum Margaret Yancey, MAC 30th Anniversary Celebration
- 15th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Highlights COD Student Work
- College of DuPage Hosts Spring New Student Orientation Jan. 18
- Chicago Blackhawks team with LifeSource for Dec. 10 blood drive
- DuPage County Transportation Launches App to Report Road Issues
- College of DuPage Multimedia Services Win at Annual Telly Awards
- Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert returns to Symphony Center
- COD Students Win HVACR Contest Hosted by the Chicago Pipe Fitters Local Union 597
- COD Honors 2016 Class of Distinguished Alumni
- Culver’s of Addison Collecting Toys for Elmhurst Hospital Kids
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Business
- Long-vacant Warrenville site could become residential project
- The Daily Herald’s holiday lights contest returns
- Wood Dale Entertainment
- Neighbors, friends try to help families of men killed in crash
- Megyn Kelly in Lombard advises Trump: ‘Try to take the high road’
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County