Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Manhunt on for Aurora man who escaped hospital after chaseAuthorities are searching for a 38-year-old Aurora man who escaped from a hospital after leading police on a chase in which his passenger also was injured.Last Updated Mar 29, 2017 6:26 AM
Main Street rail crossing closed until next Friday in downtown WheatonUpdated Mar 29, 2017 4:53 PM
Downtown Wheaton commuters may need to alter their travel slightly between now and next Friday as Main Street will be closed in the area surrounding the rail crossing.
Jail, probation for woman who used car to run down boyfriend in LombardUpdated Mar 28, 2017 10:09 PM
Elizabeth Donatelli to spend six months in DuPage County Jail and 30 months on probation for using her car to mow down her boyfriend after a July 23, 2016 dispute over his alleged infidelity.
Aurora man guilty of girlfriend’s murder, faces up to 85 yearsUpdated Mar 27, 2017 7:54 PM
A Kane County jury deliberated less than two hours Monday before convicting an Aurora man with gunning down his girlfriend in January 2014. Christopher Whetstone faces 45 to 85 years in prison.
Bartlett man gets 13 years for perfume theftsUpdated Mar 27, 2017 7:11 PM
A Bartlett man with a three-decade felony history has been sentenced to 13 years in prison after stealing $4,000 in perfume and cologne from a St. Charles business in late 2015 and early 2016.
Naperville police release photo of armed robbery suspectUpdated Mar 27, 2017 4:08 PM
Naperville police have released surveilance photos of the man who robbed a nail salon and stole an SUV at gunpoint Saturday evening.
5 years for West Chicago driver in fatal DUI crashUpdated Mar 27, 2017 3:46 PM
DuPage County Judge Brian Telander said he believes Omar Montoya-Medina is “truly sorry” for causing the fiery crash that killed Antonio Alvarez, but also termed Montoya-Medina’s actions late on Dec. 5, 2014, “outrageous.”
Average property tax bill to rise nearly 1.8 percent in DuPageUpdated Mar 28, 2017 4:43 PM
DuPage County homeowners can expect to see a 1.76 percent increase in their property tax bills next month, fueled largely by rebounding property values.
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD, Willowbrook and Hinsdale South High School Students Celebrate 2017 ‘Paint It Black’
- Russian National Ballet Theatre brings “Giselle” to the Chicago suburbs
- Illinois Jaycees Honor Local Women as 2017 Illinois Outstanding Young Persons
- Picosa: Sounds of New Music
- COD to Host ‘Higher Education for Incarcerated Students’ Symposium April 21
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s annual outreach program engages students
- ICAN recognizes Moon Khan with Best Community Leader Award
- On April 5th in Bloomingdale: Retirement Expert Jim Flanagan Shares ‘Essentials of Estate Planning’
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
More Wood Dale News
- Wood Dale Opinion
- Endorsements: Adachi, DeWaele, Gatbunton and Hollatz for Lake Park High School District 108
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County