Communities » Wood Dale Area News
Archery, not snowshoeing, offered at Winter Adventure DayThe Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Winter Adventure Day in Downers Grove felt more like springLast Updated Jan 21, 2017 5:43 PM
Bond set at $4 million for teen charged with murder near Glen EllynUpdated Jan 20, 2017 7:19 PM
Bond was set at $4 million Friday for a teen charged with murdering a 49-year-old man near Glen Ellyn.
Ex-church deacon pleads guilty to sexually assaulting girlUpdated Jan 20, 2017 1:42 PM
An ex-church deacon accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over a 10-year period pleaded guilty Friday and waived his rights to a jury trial.
Attacker convicted in rape, robbery of 87-year-old Westmont womanUpdated Jan 19, 2017 6:08 PM
A 23-year-old Woodridge man was convicted Thursday of the rape and armed robbey of 87-year-old Westmont woman in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day 2015.
Aurora man guilty of attempted murder in 2015 beatingUpdated Jan 19, 2017 12:38 PM
A 56-year-old Aurora man faces up to 30 years in prison after his conviction this week for attempted murder in a September 2015 beating.
Proposal could eliminate pay for DuPage election panelUpdated Jan 18, 2017 5:38 PM
Two state lawmakers from DuPage are proposing legislation that would eliminate the pay of the county’s board of election commissioners.
DuPage County panel backs gas station proposalUpdated Jan 18, 2017 10:29 AM
A company is poised to get DuPage County Board approval to build a gas station, convenience store and car wash in an unincorporated area between Lombard and Glendale Heights.
Bellwood man sentenced in heroin overdose of Addison womanUpdated Jan 17, 2017 10:16 PM
A 35-year-old Bellwood man is headed to prison after pleading guilty to selling a fatal dose of heroin to an Addison woman. Kyle Kirkendall pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of drug-induced homicide and was sentenced by Judge Robert Miller to 10 years in prison.
Forest preserve district repairing historic Oak Brook houseUpdated Jan 17, 2017 1:53 PM
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County has kicked off a long-term plan to rehabilitate the Ben Fuller House by spending more than $20,000 on repairs to the historic structure in Oak Brook.
- Student videos wanted to spread word on smart energy
- Flood warning issued in Cook, DuPage, Will counties
Wood Dale Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Gift of Hope Receives Generous Donation from 11-Year-Old CEO of Felix’s Famous Cookies
- MAC to Host Second Annual ‘Apollo Live!” Student Talent Competition
- COD One of First Colleges in Illinois to Offer Early Childhood Administration Degree
- Northern Illinois Food Bank to host annual Full on Faith Week
- College of DuPage President Dr. Ann Rondeau Signs 788 Diplomas
- COD Hosts ‘Pack the Place’ Men’s, Women’s Basketball Event Feb. 4
- Tom Cullerton announces Illinois crowdfunding is ready to go
- Free Federal/State Electronic Tax Filing Help at COD Feb. 27 through April 15
- Global Flicks Film International Film Festival Begins at COD Feb. 1
- Heartland Blood Centers is in critical need of several blood types
- Mama bird near her nest at Songbird Slough. Ellen Hart
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Charles Keeshan Deputy City Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Working Together to Make Life Better
- 41.963062, -87.978347
- DuPage County