Communities » Lisle Area News
College of DuPage board member Olsen could fill Sandack’s seatRepublican leaders say David Olsen of Downers Grove is the frontrunner to replace Ron Sandack in the 81st state House district.Last Updated Jul 25, 2016 3:59 PM
Wheaton man hit by DuPage deputy's stun gunUpdated Jul 25, 2016 6:32 PM
A DuPage County deputy deployed his stun gun, Monday, on a Wheaton man accused of creating a disturbance during a child custody hearing before Judge Thomas Else.
Animals begin arriving for DuPage County FairUpdated Jul 25, 2016 5:14 PM
The DuPage County Fair officially opens Wednesday in Wheaton, but on Monday some of the stars of the show — pigs, cows, chickens and the like — began arriving at the fairgrounds.
Veggie Fest a cucumber-cool eventUpdated Jul 24, 2016 2:44 PM
The two-day Veggie Fest celebration wrapped up Sunday in Lisle with lots and lots of options for vegetarian dining.
How Lisle group is expanding help for parents of adults with disabilitiesPosted Jul 24, 2016 7:30 AM
A Lisle nonprofit that gives a break to parents of children with disabilities is expanding to help with the transition after special education ends at age 22.
DuPage seeks ideas from public on boosting tourismUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:07 PM
The DuPage County Convention and Visitors Bureau will host three meetings on Monday and Tuesday to invite public suggestions and comments on improving tourism in the region.
Educator appointed to vacant seat on Lisle village boardUpdated Jul 20, 2016 6:29 PM
A 14-year resident with a background in education has been selected to fill a vacancy on the Lisle village board.
Images: Some of the best photos that you may have missed this weekendPosted Jul 25, 2016 9:00 AM
Every weekend, Daily Herald photographers venture out to some of the area’s best local events. See some of the very best images from our staff that you may have missed this past weekend.
Bring an appetite to Veggie FestPosted Jul 22, 2016 8:00 AM
Even if you’re not a vegetarian, you should bring an appetite to Veggie Fest. It’s all about food and flavor.
- Winning images of our weekly photo contest
Recently shared by others
- COD Nursing Graduate Receives Pin from Flight Nurse Who Cared for Father
- Tom Cullerton’s measure to increase transparency signed into law
- Glen Ellyn Park District Strategic Planning Outcome Results in Lower Taxes
- Gretsch Day at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- Indo-American Heritage Museum celebrates Hall of Fame opening with gala concert
- 6th Annual Mundelein Arts Festiva Coming This Fall
- Five physicists to duke it out at Windy City Physics Slam Aug. 7
- Deadline nears for veteran appreciation awards
- College of DuPage HSTI Offers Armed Guard Training Course
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
'Next Food Network Star' finalist talks about overcoming obesity
Chef Judson Todd Allen talks about healthy eating. Photo submitted by Naperville Public Library Submitted by Naperville Public Library
'Next Food Network Star' finalist talks living healthy
Chef Judson Todd Allen talks with fans. Submitted by Naperville Public Library
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- John Ferrari, Lisle Library's Assistant Director of Youth Services, leads an outdoor storytime at Dragonfly Landing in downtown Lisle on June 23, 2015. For more information about upcoming Library events, visit lislelibrary.org. Nicole Mueller
- (From Left) Lisle Mayor Joe Broda, Will Savage, and Senator Michael Connelly lead a storytime at Lisle Library on April 18. Broda and Connelly were acting as "Honorary Librarians" in celebration of National Library Week. Nicole Mueller
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Members of the Naperville Men's Glee Club hold a final rehearsal with their seven guest singers/singing groups from the Naperville area. Included are Emily Palmieri (Waubonsie HS), Apollo (Metea Valley HS), Hawkapella (Naperville Central HS), Chorelles (Naperville Central HS), IF (adult group), Sleight Street (adult group). The concert is 3:00 pm on Sunday, March 23 at Wentz Concert Hall, Naperville. Paula Ball, NMGC Exec Director
- "Seed Saving 101" Orientation attendees select from about 50 different types of vegetable seeds now available for checkout from the Lisle Library District's new Seed Library. The Library's next "Seed Saving 101" class is May 14 at 7 p.m. For more information, visit lislelibrary.org. Mike Monahan
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
Students check out Idea Lab
Jonathan Charles, Help Desk assistant, talks to students about printing three-dimensional objects in the Idea Lab. Photo by Danielle Bober, Naperville Public Library
- Lisle Library patrons Cristina and Aedan Kuch enjoy ice cream treats from an old fashioned "Good Humor Man" during the Library's Summer Read Kick-Off Party on June 6. For more information about Summer Read, visit lislelibrary.org. Xavier Duran
- Florence Yung, a student at Naperville North High School, was one of several teens who volunteered to plant a butterfly garden at Lisle Public Library May 15. For information about more upcoming teen programs, visit lislelibrary.org. Nicole Mueller
- The Wheaton College Alumni Association recognized Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall as Alumnus of the Year. Wheaton College President Dr. Philip Ryken (left) and Alumnus of the Year Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall (center) with Alumni Association President Chris Jahns (right) Michael Hudson Photography
Members of the Zonta Club of Oak Brook recently assisted "Poised for Success" in Lombard during its monthly clothing drop-off day April 13. Pictured are Lombard resident Kathy Raker on the left and Kay Van Vreede from Clarendon Hills. Poised for
Success promotes economic self-sufficiency for women, especially those re-entering the workforce,by providing contemporary career clothing. The Zonta Club of Oak Brook, as a member of Zonta International, advances the status of women through service and advocacy. Susan Barton
More Lisle News
- Lisle Business
- DuPage seeks ideas from public on boosting tourism
- Lisle Entertainment
- Animals begin arriving for DuPage County Fair
- Veggie Fest a cucumber-cool event
- DuPage seeks ideas from public on boosting tourism
- Bring an appetite to Veggie Fest
- Lisle church keeps Sandra Bland’s spirit alive
- Lisle Opinion
- Workers bill must be signed by governor
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Benet Academy
- 2200 Maple Ave.
Lisle, Il 60532-2099
- Lisle High School
- 1800 Short St.
Lisle, Il 60532
- Navy Blue/White
- Naperville Central High School
- 440 W. Aurora Av.
Naperville, Il 60540-6298
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- The Arboretum Village
- 41.791829, -88.087842
- DuPage County