Communities » Marengo Area News
McHenry County clerk: Election Day communication issues are being addressedMcHenry County Clerk Mary McClellan promised to improve future elections after a State Board of Elections review concluded some voters may not have been able to cast their ballots on Election Day in March.Last Updated May 3, 2016 5:44 PM
4 men accused of selling drugs from Lake in the Hills barUpdated May 2, 2016 3:53 PM
Four suburban men face numerous felony charges of selling narcotics out of a bar in Lake in the Hills, authorities said.
As mosquito season begins, will Zika strike here?Updated May 2, 2016 9:35 AM
As summer approaches, will we get Zika virus in Illinois? That appears unlikely, but scientists continue to study mosquitoes.
Meet the man who works on the tiniest trains in the worldUpdated May 2, 2016 7:03 AM
Model train hobbyist Brian Williams is known as the “pocket layout” guy to his peers because of his work with T scale electric trains, the smallest commercially produced trains in the world. “When you build a model of a locomotive, you learn something about it,” he says. “Sometimes you learn something about yourself, too, along the way.”
Mosquito tidbits: First wave will hit in mid-MayPosted May 2, 2016 5:45 AM
A relatively dry winter combined with late April warmth and rain doesn’t bode well for avoiding mosquito bites when the first wave of the pests hit the suburbs in mid-May, experts say.
Recently shared by others
- Plant sale Saturday to benefit Hooved Animal Humane Society
- Donate blood to help kids battling life-threatening diseases
- New mobile technology improves care for the underserved
- Study abroad opportunities plentiful at McHenry County College
- McHenry County Drug Court to welcome 10 new graduates at May 10 ceremony
- Holocaust Remembrance program to show ‘Orchestra of Exiles’ May 4
- Pediatric Chaplains Network provides support for chaplains nationally
- Celebrate World Tai Chi & QiGong Day Saturday
- Bookends Theater to present ‘25th Annual Putman County Spelling Bee’
- The Church of Rock at Tree of Life UU to feature Everyday Anarchy
More Marengo News
- Marengo Entertainment
- As mosquito season begins, will Zika strike here?
- Meet the man who works on the tiniest trains in the world
- Heroes respond to a call at McHenry County Human Race
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Home of Settlers Days
- 42.250725, -88.604988
- McHenry County