Communities » Lakemoor Area News
Former Waukegan teacher pleads guilty to sexually assauting studentA Mundelein woman who worked as a music teacher at a Waukegan middle school pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a student during school hours and in the school building.Last Updated Sep 29, 2016 6:25 AM
Lake County board candidate questions elimination of sustainability coordinator postUpdated Sep 29, 2016 9:38 AM
Candidates for District 18 on the Lake County Board/forest preserve district differ on why the position of sustainability coordinator was eliminated.
CPA takes on 2-term incumbent for Round Lake-area county board seatUpdated Sep 26, 2016 4:59 PM
Candidates for the Lake County Board’s 16th district seat agree taxes are on voters’ minds, but they suggest different approaches to deal with them.
Dold slams Iran nuke deal, Schneider says enforce itPosted Sep 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Republican U.S. Rep. Bob Dold calls the United States’ nuclear agreement with Iran “a historic mistake.” His Democratic challenger, Brad Schneider, doesn’t like the deal either but says it must be enforced.
Lake County celebrates its rural roots at Farm Heritage FestivalUpdated Sep 26, 2016 12:18 PM
Lake County celebrates its rural roots this weekend during the 24th annual Farm Heritage Festival at Lakewood Forest Preserve near Wauconda.
Grand Avenue to close in Lake VillaUpdated Sep 23, 2016 5:46 PM
Grand Avenue (Route 132) will be fully closed at the Canadian National Railroad in Lake Villa, for a week, weather permitting, beginning Monday, Sept. 26 to repair the grade crossing.
Libertyville mosque open house will answer your questionsPosted Sep 23, 2016 5:30 AM
Islamic Foundation North in Libertyville is hosting a mosque open house to share information and answer questions
Fox Valley festivals celebrate all things applePosted Sep 28, 2016 2:33 PM
They’re in season right now, and they say eating one a day will keep the doctor away. On Sunday, Oct. 2, there will be two festivals celebrating all things apple.
10th annual solar tourUpdated Sep 26, 2016 5:02 PM
The Illinois Solar Energy Association will host its annual Illinois Solar Tour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1.
- Chief judge guest at fireside chat
- Newcomer faces veteran in Lake County Board race
- Lake County project lists online
Recently shared by others
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- Oct. 6: CLC offers free screenings for National Depression Screening Day
- CLC adds the University of Iowa to its guaranteed transfer admission program
- Oct. 20: CLC hosts Illinois Regional College Fair
- Oct. 20: Two award-winning slam poets to perform at CLC
- COD to Host Natural Resources Symposium Oct. 27
- Ninety-Eight Years and Counting
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
More Lakemoor News
- Lakemoor Business
- Agreement could rekindle long-awaited Cornerstone plan in Grayslake
- Lakemoor Entertainment
- Fox Valley festivals celebrate all things apple
- Libertyville mosque open house will answer your questions
- Lakemoor fall fishing derby
- Huntley Fall Fest ushers in the season with scarecrows and carnival rides
- Senior cable show has dispensed knowledge, fun for 17 years
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Progress Through Planning
- 60050, 60051
- 42.336127, -88.200019