Communities » Lakemoor Area News
Buffalo Grove teen seriously injured in McHenry County crashA 16-year-old Buffalo Grove girl was airlifted to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville in critical condition after suffering serious injuries Saturday afternoon when her family's SUV collided with a semitrailer truck in northern McHenry County, authorities said Monday.Last Updated Jul 25, 2016 7:58 PM
Police: New Yorkers tried to use stolen credit cards at Deer Park Apple storeUpdated Jul 25, 2016 6:06 PM
Six people from New York are in Lake County jail after attempting to make fraudulent purchases at several Apple stores in the Chicago area, including a store in Deer Park, officials said.
Wadsworth man faces multiple drug chargesUpdated Jul 23, 2016 4:01 PM
A Wadsworth man described by authorities as a known street gang member has been charged with multiple drug offenses following a month-long investigation by Lake County and federal authorities.
Report of missing Gurnee man takes strange turnsUpdated Jul 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Lake County sheriff’s deputies spent 12 hours searching for a 46-year-old Gurnee man reported missing after an accident Friday night before finding him and taking him to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
Guilty verdict in McHenry murder and entombment caseUpdated Jul 22, 2016 6:29 PM
A jury deliberated nearly three hours Friday before convicting a McHenry man of killing his girlfriend and entombing her body in his home for more than a year.
Woman struck and killed by vehicle in GurneeUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:26 PM
A 58-year-old Waukegan woman was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday morning as she was walking on a Gurnee sidewalk.
Green homes tour includes site in LibertyvilleUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:01 PM
Fourteen sustainability built, energy-efficient “green” homes in Chicago and the suburbs will be featured from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24 during the fourth annual GreenBuilt Home Tour.
Have a say in 2050 regional planUpdated Jul 22, 2016 4:24 PM
Public input is being accepted until Aug. 15 as the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning develops its new ON TO 2050 comprehensive plan.
Short but crucial link in Lake County trail system completeUpdated Jul 21, 2016 8:23 PM
The Bull Creek Trail Connector is only three-quarters of a mile long, but it’s considered a key link to an extensive connected trail system in Lake County. Community leaders, business interests and residents who backed the project celebrated its opening Thursday.
- Rudd’s re-election hopes hinge on Aug. 11 hearing
- Lake County health council seeks volunteers
- 4-year-old found in hot minivan climbed in on her own, cops say
- Scabies outbreak confirmed at McHenry County nursing home
- Lake coroner asks court to allow him back on ballot
- Strong thunderstorms strike Chicago, suburbs
Recently shared by others
- COD Nursing Graduate Receives Pin from Flight Nurse Who Cared for Father
- Tom Cullerton’s measure to increase transparency signed into law
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- Indo-American Heritage Museum celebrates Hall of Fame opening with gala concert
- 6th Annual Mundelein Arts Festiva Coming This Fall
- Five physicists to duke it out at Windy City Physics Slam Aug. 7
- Deadline nears for veteran appreciation awards
- Nominations due for Veteran Volunteer of the Year award
- CLC professors to cover ‘Star Trek’ collectibles in library presentation
- Former COD Student Alexis Reisch Receives Fulbright Award for Research in Sweden
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
More Lakemoor News
- Lakemoor Sports
- Public meeting on Patriot Path bike trail
- Lakemoor Business
- Green homes tour includes site in Libertyville
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
- Lakemoor Entertainment
- Gospelfest at Greenbelt
- Pet microchipping Saturday in North Chicago
- Pet microchip giveaway in Lake County
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
- Lakemoor Opinion
- Franks hasn’t made good on promises
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Progress Through Planning
- 60050, 60051
- 42.336127, -88.200019