Communities » Diamond Lake Area News
Police: New Yorkers tried to use stolen credit cards at Deer Park Apple storeSix people from New York are in Lake County jail after attempting to make fraudulent purchases at several Apple stores in the Chicago area, including a store in Deer Park.Last Updated Jul 25, 2016 10:31 AM
Wadsworth man faces multiple drug chargesUpdated Jul 23, 2016 4:01 PM
A Wadsworth man described by authorities as a known street gang member has been charged with multiple drug offenses following a month-long investigation by Lake County and federal authorities.
Report of missing Gurnee man takes strange turnsUpdated Jul 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Lake County sheriff’s deputies spent 12 hours searching for a 46-year-old Gurnee man reported missing after an accident Friday night before finding him and taking him to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
Mundelein High officials may tweak bell schedulePosted Jul 23, 2016 7:47 AM
Mundelein High School officials are considering changing the bell schedule but not what time school starts each day.
Woman struck and killed by vehicle in GurneeUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:26 PM
A 58-year-old Waukegan woman was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday morning as she was walking on a Gurnee sidewalk.
Green homes tour includes site in LibertyvilleUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:01 PM
Fourteen sustainability built, energy-efficient “green” homes in Chicago and the suburbs will be featured from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24 during the fourth annual GreenBuilt Home Tour.
Have a say in 2050 regional planUpdated Jul 22, 2016 4:24 PM
Public input is being accepted until Aug. 15 as the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning develops its new ON TO 2050 comprehensive plan.
Short but crucial link in Lake County trail system completeUpdated Jul 21, 2016 8:23 PM
The Bull Creek Trail Connector is only three-quarters of a mile long, but it’s considered a key link to an extensive connected trail system in Lake County. Community leaders, business interests and residents who backed the project celebrated its opening Thursday.
Rudd’s re-election hopes hinge on Aug. 11 court hearingUpdated Jul 21, 2016 8:19 PM
A Lake County judge will hold a hearing Aug. 11 to determine if Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd’s name can appear on the November ballot as an independent candidate. Judge Diane Winter will make the decision on Rudd’s general election status, which was thrown into limbo July 13 when then Lake County Electoral Board removed his name from the ballot.
- Lake County health council seeks volunteers
- Free shredding event Saturday in Freemont Twp.
- Fremont Township hosts program on evaluating assessments
- Lake coroner asks court to allow him back on ballot
- Skipping GOP convention, Dold ready for another battle with Schneider
- Federal mental health bill shifts focus to preventing tragedy
- Strong thunderstorms strike Chicago, suburbs
Diamond Lake Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- Indo-American Heritage Museum celebrates Hall of Fame opening with gala concert
- 6th Annual Mundelein Arts Festiva Coming This Fall
- Five physicists to duke it out at Windy City Physics Slam Aug. 7
- Deadline nears for veteran appreciation awards
- Nominations due for Veteran Volunteer of the Year award
- CLC professors to cover ‘Star Trek’ collectibles in library presentation
- Culver’s of Island Lake Supports Special Olympics With ‘ButterBurgers & Badges’ Fundraiser August 9
- Former COD Student Alexis Reisch Receives Fulbright Award for Research in Sweden
- Miss Northern Suburbs Seeking Contestants
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Debate Team members Elena Gutierrez of Waukegan (left) and Arminda Downey-Mavromatis of Gurnee, both sophomores, finished the season by receiving awards at the Illinois Communication and Theatre Association (ICTA) State Tournament held March 15 at Belvidere North High School in Belvidere, Ill. Gutierrez was the top seed (out of a field of 41) in the playoff rounds after achieving an 8-1 record in the preliminary rounds. She ended the tournament as a quarterfinalist. Downey-Mavromatis earned the 6th place speaker award. Kyle Schmitt, coach of the Lake Forest school’s newly revived Debate Team, is proud of its achievements this year. “We are liked and respected newcomers in the northern Illinois debate circuit,” he said following the state meet. Woodlands Academy
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Diamond Lake News
- Diamond Lake Sports
- Public meeting on Patriot Path bike trail
- Diamond Lake Business
- Green homes tour includes site in Libertyville
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
- CLC mechatronics session
- Diamond Lake Entertainment
- Gospelfest at Greenbelt
- Learn to BBQ at Aspen Drive Library
- Pet microchipping Saturday in North Chicago
- Pet microchip giveaway in Lake County
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
Local Government Links
- Lake County