Communities » Warrenville Area News
Glen Ellyn cop rescues woman from COD pondA Glen Ellyn police officer rescued a 61-year-old woman whose vehicle was submerged in a retention pond at the College of DuPage shortly before 8 p.m. on Friday. Officer Kevin Riggle was one of the first to arrive on the scene. He swam to the car, which was about 30 yards out from the shoreline, officials said.Last Updated Mar 25, 2017 12:39 AM
Budget, property taxes key issues in calm COD board raceUpdated Mar 23, 2017 6:24 PM
Two years ago, a dozen candidates sought election to the College of DuPage board of trustees in one of the hottest races in the suburbs. This election cycle, however, there’s only four hopefuls vying for three seats on the panel that oversees the Glen Ellyn-based community college.
Hanover Park man facing child porn chargesUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:08 PM
A Hanover Park man is being held on $100,000 bail after being charged in a child pornography investigation.
Community colleges to share career programsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Community college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.
Decorated Army veteran pleads guilty to child porn chargesUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:19 PM
A Downers Grove man and decorated Army veteran was sentenced Wednesday to 180 days in DuPage County jail and 30 months of sex offender probation.
4 charged in Aurora underage hotel sex stingUpdated Mar 21, 2017 2:35 PM
Four people have been charged with traveling to an Aurora hotel March 10 to have sex with a child or children for money.
District 200 asking voters for funds for improvementsPosted Mar 22, 2017 11:55 AM
Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 has plans for physical improvements at 19 of its 20 buildings and is asking voters on April 4 to approve financing for the projects.
Recently shared by others
- Donut Taste Off to name top donut at Aurora’s First Fridays on April 7
- Plan your Vacation to Los, Cabos, Mexico with United Way of Lake County
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- St. Francis High School to Offer Transportation Options to Students in 2017-18
- Immanuel Lutheran band, orchestra win awards at festivals
- Pianist Natasha Paremski to perform Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 3 with ESO April 1-2
- Family Tree DNA founder Bennett Greenspan to speak at Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois meeting in Northbrook
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- The West Chicago Garden Club’s Annual Plant Sale is a popular destination each year at Blooming Fest in historic downtown West Chicago. The addition of a Speakers’ Tent for 2013 compliments the garden event by featuring guest lecturers on horticultural topics such as tree diversity, container gardening and native landscaping. Krista Coltrin
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
More Warrenville News
- Warrenville Sports
- Super Bowl quarterback joins Sports Field Holdings
- Warrenville Business
- Super Bowl quarterback joins Sports Field Holdings
- College of DuPage offers building automation systems certificate
- Warrenville Entertainment
- McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, more
- Warrenville Opinion
- Sessions’ ‘lie’ doesn’t meet definition
- Endorsement: Yes on Wheaton-Warrenville District 200 construction projects
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- 1920 Wiesbrook Rd.
Wheaton, Il 60187
Daily Herald Communities
- Warrenville ... for a Visit or a Lifetime
- 41.82628, -88.189465
- DuPage County