Communities » Warrenville Area News
Two charged in Warrenville gas station robberyA Batavia man and a Roselle woman have been charged with robbing a Mobil gas station in Warrenville, police said Wednesday. Jason A.J. DeVincent, 29, and Amanda A. Hicks, 28, each were charged with one count of aggravated robbery, authorities said. DeVincent’s last known address was on the 500 block of Stewart Street in Batavia and Hicks’ last known address was on Brendon Court in Roselle, authorities said.Last Updated Feb 25, 2015 2:02 PM
Recently shared by others
- Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show & Sale March 13-14
- YWCA Lake County Hosts Money Smart Week
- Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Get tickets for annual Geneva Wedding Walk
- Breaking the Code
- M/I Homes to Celebrate Herrick Woods Grand Opening with March 5 Ribbon Cutting and VIP Event
- “The New Jim Crow” author to visit Benedictine April 21
- College of DuPage Hosts ‘A Continent of Ideas:
- College of DuPage Hosts Learning Communities Open House on March 9
- COD Wins American Culinary Federation Illinois State Competition
- Garrett Ard and Lisa Dawn Foertsch rehearse for Wheaton Drama's special Broadway musical revue, "Broadway Ballot". Performances are Aug. 17-19 at Playhouse 111. Tickets and information at http://www.wheatondrama.org Steven Merkel
Wayne Stayskal (right), retired Tribune Media editorial cartoonist, explains some of the finer points of his work to guests when Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community at 124 Windsor Park Drive in Carol Stream, hosted a retrospective exhibit of his syndicated work. About 75 people attended the artist’s reception Aug. 20, including Stayskal’s wife Helen (center) and son Bob (left). The show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Sept. 30.
To see a video interview and catch a glimpse of the engaging personality who humorously commentated on culture for more than 30 years visit www.WindsorParkIllinois.org/downloads-news. For details, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500. Shirley Mott
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- Naperville resident Jeff Stewart was surprised at 9 am, Friday, July 26, when Dunkin' Donuts officials presented him with $1,000, a Keurig brewing system, Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee K-cup packs and a month's supply of iced coffee. The surprise was part of the company's IceDD Coffee Cash & DDash promotion celebrating the introduction of Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee k-cups in 25 cities throughout the United States. Carrie Reckert
- The West Chicago Garden Club’s Annual Plant Sale is a popular destination each year at Blooming Fest in historic downtown West Chicago. The addition of a Speakers’ Tent for 2013 compliments the garden event by featuring guest lecturers on horticultural topics such as tree diversity, container gardening and native landscaping. Krista Coltrin
- I took this photo while motorcycling around Williams Bay Wisconsin. It was early morning and the sun was casting a beautiful glow on the early morning mist on the lake. The boats were still asleep. Frank G. Salvatini
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- Ant's view of St James Horse Stable. Warrenville, IL Fabian Uribe
- In honor of Veterans Day, Girl Scout Troop 200 of Western DuPage Special Recreation Association (WDSRA) participated in a flag folding ceremony on Nov. 5. The ceremony was presented by special guests, Art Schultz (left) and Bill Minnich (right), from the Korean War Veterans Association Chapter 252. Pictured are Girl Scouts Angelina Salazar (left) and Joanna Conners-Yarus (right). Amy Wilson
- West Chicago fire fighters turned HQ into donation collection center Fire Fighters Chicago
West Chicago Police Department Team raises funds and carries the Flame of Hope For Special Olympics Illinois.
Pictured outside West Chicago City Hall on June 9, 2013 is the entire group that participated in the West Chicago Leg of the Torch Run. City of West Chicago
- Joe Berenyi (lead position), member of the U.S. Paralympics cycling team trains on Wednesday nights in the West Chicago Business Center with other members of his local team, the ABD Cycling Club. Krista Coltrin
Wine Tasting Banishes Cabin Fever For Record Crowd
Barry and Mary Ellen Masek of Park Ridge enjoy swirling and sipping one of 60 wines at Clearbrook’s 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting. More than 450 people attended the wine extravaganza. Chicago Corporate Photography
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- 1920 Wiesbrook Rd.
Wheaton, Il 60187
Daily Herald Communities
- Warrenville ... for a Visit or a Lifetime
- 41.82628, -88.189465
- DuPage County