Communities » Warrenville Area News
Proposal could eliminate pay for DuPage election panelTwo state lawmakers from DuPage are proposing legislation that would eliminate the pay of the county’s board of election commissioners.Last Updated Jan 18, 2017 5:38 PM
DuPage County panel backs gas station proposalUpdated Jan 18, 2017 10:29 AM
A company is poised to get DuPage County Board approval to build a gas station, convenience store and car wash in an unincorporated area between Lombard and Glendale Heights.
Bellwood man sentenced in heroin overdose of Addison womanUpdated Jan 17, 2017 10:16 PM
A 35-year-old Bellwood man is headed to prison after pleading guilty to selling a fatal dose of heroin to an Addison woman. Kyle Kirkendall pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of drug-induced homicide and was sentenced by Judge Robert Miller to 10 years in prison.
Frankfort man wins grand prize at DuPage Hard Water ClassicUpdated Jan 14, 2017 6:40 PM
The Hard Water Classic ice fishing tournament at Blackwell Forest Preserve isn’t for everybody, but it’s enough to warm the hearts of dedicated anglers.
Mariano’s 40th store to open Tuesday in BloomingdaleUpdated Jan 13, 2017 9:29 PM
Another former suburban Dominick’s has received the Mariano’s facelift and it will be unveiled Tuesday morning.
Student videos wanted to spread word on smart energyPosted Jan 18, 2017 1:04 PM
SCARCE is looking for teams of high school and college students to create videos on smart energy use in languages other than English.
Flood warning issued in Cook, DuPage, Will countiesUpdated Jan 17, 2017 6:46 AM
A flood warning has been issues for areas in DuPage and Cook counties, officials from the National Weather Service has reported.
Images: Some of the best pictures that you may have missed this weekend.Posted Jan 16, 2017 9:00 AM
Every weekend, Daily Herald photographers venture out to some of the area’s best local events. See some of the very best images from our staff that you may have missed this past weekend.
Recently shared by others
- Global Flicks Film International Film Festival Begins at COD Feb. 1
- ‘Can You Afford to Retire?’ Class Set for Feb. 8th in West Chicago
- Heartland Blood Centers is in critical need of several blood types
- Applications Now Accepted for 2017 COD Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Explore the Evolving Technology Workforce March 10 at College of DuPage
- COD Hosts Horticulture Career and Job Fair Feb. 7
- PHYSICIAN SUPERVISED FITNESS YIELDS DRAMATIC RESULTS AT NAPERVILLE OPTIMAL HEALTH MEDICAL FITNESS
- Brand Innovation Quest® Will Bring Successful Innovators and Business Leaders Together to Inspire, Motivate, and Drive Change
- COD Celebrates Black History Month with Series of Programs
- COD to Host Small Business Seminars This Winter and Spring
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- The West Chicago Garden Club’s Annual Plant Sale is a popular destination each year at Blooming Fest in historic downtown West Chicago. The addition of a Speakers’ Tent for 2013 compliments the garden event by featuring guest lecturers on horticultural topics such as tree diversity, container gardening and native landscaping. Krista Coltrin
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- 1920 Wiesbrook Rd.
Wheaton, Il 60187
Daily Herald Communities
- Warrenville ... for a Visit or a Lifetime
- 41.82628, -88.189465
- DuPage County