Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
Bond set at $4 million for teen charged with murder near Glen EllynBond was set at $4 million Friday for a teen charged with murdering a 49-year-old man near Glen Ellyn.Last Updated Jan 20, 2017 7:19 PM
Ex-church deacon pleads guilty to sexually assaulting girlUpdated Jan 20, 2017 1:42 PM
An ex-church deacon accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over a 10-year period pleaded guilty Friday and waived his rights to a jury trial.
Hunter scores 33 in Metea Valley victoryUpdated Jan 20, 2017 10:17 PM
Jeremy Hunter scored 33 points in Metea Valley’s boys basketball victory against Glenbard North.
WW South bounces back against Glenbard NorthUpdated Jan 19, 2017 10:17 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South won a defensive struggle in a DuPage Valley Conference girls basketball game against Glenbard North.
Attacker convicted in rape, robbery of 87-year-old Westmont womanUpdated Jan 19, 2017 6:08 PM
A 23-year-old Woodridge man was convicted Thursday of the rape and armed robbey of 87-year-old Westmont woman in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day 2015.
Aurora man guilty of attempted murder in 2015 beatingUpdated Jan 19, 2017 12:38 PM
A 56-year-old Aurora man faces up to 30 years in prison after his conviction this week for attempted murder in a September 2015 beating.
Cops identify Glendale Heights shooting victim; husband still hospitalizedUpdated Jan 18, 2017 7:22 PM
A woman found dead with multiple gunshot wounds Tuesday morning inside a Glendale Heights townhouse has been identified as 49-year-old Tina Stevanovic, authorities said Wednesday.
Proposal could eliminate pay for DuPage election panelUpdated Jan 18, 2017 5:38 PM
Two state lawmakers from DuPage are proposing legislation that would eliminate the pay of the county’s board of election commissioners.
DuPage County panel backs gas station proposalUpdated Jan 18, 2017 10:29 AM
A company is poised to get DuPage County Board approval to build a gas station, convenience store and car wash in an unincorporated area between Lombard and Glendale Heights.
- Bellwood man sentenced in heroin overdose of Addison woman
- Police question person of interest in death of Glendale Heights woman
- Student videos wanted to spread word on smart energy
- Flood warning issued in Cook, DuPage, Will counties
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- MAC to Host Second Annual ‘Apollo Live!” Student Talent Competition
- COD One of First Colleges in Illinois to Offer Early Childhood Administration Degree
- Northern Illinois Food Bank to host annual Full on Faith Week
- Glenbard Parent Series Feb. 2 event: Skills for a Safe School Climate
- College of DuPage President Dr. Ann Rondeau Signs 788 Diplomas
- COD Hosts ‘Pack the Place’ Men’s, Women’s Basketball Event Feb. 4
- Tom Cullerton announces Illinois crowdfunding is ready to go
- Glenbard to host Valentines for Vets on Feb. 1
- Free Federal/State Electronic Tax Filing Help at COD Feb. 27 through April 15
- Tickets on sale for 9th annual India Night at Glenbard North
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Glendale Heights News
- Glendale Heights Sports
- Hunter scores 33 in Metea Valley victory
- WW South bounces back against Glenbard North
- Glendale Heights Business
- DuPage County panel backs gas station proposal
- Mariano’s 40th store to open Tuesday in Bloomingdale
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918
- DuPage County