Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
DuPage judge orders Naperville cops to release dashcam videoA DuPage judge ordered Naperville police Wednesday to make public video footage from the squad car of an officer who authorities say was falsely accused of trying to run over a Lisle man.Last Updated Aug 24, 2016 3:09 PM
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
How new addition was ‘made for the future of Glenbard West’Posted Aug 21, 2016 7:12 AM
When Glenbard West High School students start the school year Monday, they will begin taking science classes in a new addition and find stark differences in the main building, too.
Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babiesPosted Aug 20, 2016 7:26 AM
Rest In His Arms, a Wheeling non-profit started 11 years ago to provide free funerals and burials to abandoned babies, is among several groups and individuals that have reached out to the DuPage County Coroner this week, offering to provide a final act of dignity for Baby Hope.
Scouting the Glenbard North PanthersUpdated Aug 19, 2016 6:13 PM
Glenbard North’s next-level talents focus on the now
- DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s mom
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representatives
- Coroner: Offers pouring in to assist with funeral for ‘Baby Hope’
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- Glenbard District 87 co-sponsoring College and Career Readiness Fair
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- Local Fundraiser Provides Weeks of Food for DuPage County Neighbors in Need
- Serve City holding boys volleyball club tryouts in West Chicago, Downers Grove
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class Sept. 22
- World Lutheran Deaf Outreach to offer workshop in East Dundee
- Illinois State Police issue back-to-school safety reminder
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918
- DuPage County