Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
Missing Glendale Heights man found safeAn autistic Glendale Heights man who went missing on Jan. 22 has been found safe and is now at home, police said Monday. Police said Alberto Rivera arrived at a relative’s home on Sunday. He had walked away from his residence on the 1500 block of Golfview Drive three days earlier.Last Updated Jan 26, 2015 4:08 PM
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- 2015 Sedgebrook Fitness Goals Jumpstarted During Holidays
- St. Hubert Catholic School Earns Award at Future Citiy Competition
- Area School Districts Collaborate To Host Second Chinese Student Cultural Performance
- Norwegian National League of Chicago offers scholarships
- Suburban home prices experience strong gains in 2014
- Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl!
- Choral-Aires Chorus Hosts Guest Night
- Classic Cinemas presents annual “Predict the Oscars” contest
- The DuPage Community Foundation Grant Helps Serenity House Counseling Services, Inc. Participants with Housing, Counseling and Peer-to-Peer Prevention Program
- Town Hall Meeting About Blood Cancers
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- Mimi shows her catch at the Oakbrook Terrace/NEDSRA fishing derby held this past Sunday at Terrace View Park Lake. Mimi won an award for most fish caught. Bruce Flowers
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- A interesting picture of a lightning bolt that I took Saturday night in Roselle, IL...Is it me or is it in the shape of a face? Michael V
- Jose Moreno takes a shot in front of John Thompson Center during a wheelchair basketball exhibition during ADA week. The Jr.Bulls come from NEDSRA located in Addison. Jeena Greenwalt
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- West Chicago elected officials and staff, Old Time Pottery executives and representatives of the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce cut the ceremonial ribbon at a daylong celebration which welcomes the retailer to their new home at the northwest corner of Illinois 59 & 64. Rosemary Mackey
- Jeena Greenwalt(l), Director of NEDSRA, and Nora Sandoval, also from NEDSRA, salsa the afternoon away at the Hispanic Families of NEDSRA Summer Fiesta this past weekend. Bruce Flowers
- Veterans and their families were honored with a breakfast buffet at Salt Creek Golf Club on November 9, 2013. Ellen Hart
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Wine Tasting Banishes Cabin Fever For Record Crowd
Barry and Mary Ellen Masek of Park Ridge enjoy swirling and sipping one of 60 wines at Clearbrook’s 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting. More than 450 people attended the wine extravaganza. Chicago Corporate Photography
- Joe Buttice, past commander of Tioga VFW Post 2149 in Wood Dale gives words of praise and inspiration at the Veteran's Day celebration on November 9, 2013. Ellen Hart
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart seniors (from left) Bunny Olson of Evanston, Charlotte McMenamin Walshe of Highland Park, and Anna Deberry of Green Oaks, welcomed the class of 2017 to the Lake Forest school Aug. 28. Woodlands Academy
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More Glendale Heights News
- Glendale Heights Business
- Glendale Heights engineer defies nerdy stereotype
- $270 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Glendale Heights
- Glendale Heights Entertainment
- Constable: Can lingering decorations get you in trouble?
- Glendale Heights Discussion
- Is a moral principle involved here?
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918
- DuPage County