Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
How much is Gliniewicz investigation costing taxpayers?The manhunt and subsequent investigation into the death of Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz has costs taxpayers in 50 neighboring jurisdictions nearly $300,000, mostly due to law enforcement overtime.Last Updated Oct 6, 2015 10:58 PM
DuPage County election panel losing GOP memberUpdated Oct 8, 2015 4:49 PM
One of the Republican members of the bipartisan DuPage Board of Election Commissioners is stepping down by the end of the month. Christopher Hage, who has served four years on the panel that oversees DuPage’s electoral process, says he’s resigning from his seat because his family is moving to California.
Police: Partial remains match DNA of missing Elk Grove Village manUpdated Oct 7, 2015 3:23 PM
Partial remains found by a fisherman last winter along Salt Creek near Wood Dale have been matched with the DNA of a missing Elk Grove Village man, police said Wednesday. Westin Bolin, 26, went missing June 27. Police do not suspect foul play.
New plan may sway Elburn board to let forest preserve facility move to townUpdated Oct 6, 2015 2:49 PM
The Kane County Forest Preserve District has proposed a new plan for moving is natural resources department into Elburn, and it seems more palatable to village officials. The district would sell some of the site to a landscaping equipment business, partially offsetting the loss of property taxes from the land.
Week 7 DuPage County football previewUpdated Oct 8, 2015 6:31 PM
Week 7 DuPage County football preview
COD classes to resume Tuesday after bomb threatUpdated Oct 5, 2015 11:36 PM
A bomb threat led to cancelled classes at College of DuPage Monday night, college officials said. But classes will resume Tuesday.
New countywide arts council coming to DuPagePosted Oct 5, 2015 5:45 AM
A new countywide arts council being launched by the DuPage Foundation will aim to increase the visibility of arts, expand art opportunities and unite arts organizations in DuPage County.
Bail set for Naperville man accused of having more than 300 child porn videosUpdated Oct 4, 2015 8:01 PM
Bail was set at $250,000 for a Naperville man accused of possessing almost 350 pornographic online videos of children.
Glenbard North shuts out Wheaton NorthUpdated Oct 2, 2015 11:34 PM
When Glenbard North lost back-to-back nailbiters to Naperville Central and Waubonsie Valley to open the football schedule, it would have been easy for the Panthers to fold against the weight of a difficult schedule.
- 2 fired COD administrators drop appeals, expected to sue
- Chicago woman sentenced to 10 years for Villa Park home invasion
- Missing Aurora man believed to be in Chicago
- Doctors, NIU law students together help poor in Aurora
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs win, Cardinals up next
- Kane forest commissioner questions proposed Elburn deal
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs relaxed, ready in Pittsburgh; they win, you win a DeLorean?
- Dawn Patrol: Cubs tickets cheaper in Pittsburgh; McHenry Dist. 156 still closed
- Dawn Patrol: Grayslake-area church shows resilience after crash; Cubs headed to Pittsburgh
- 10 stories you might have missed this weekend
- High winds could cause lake flooding
- Naperville man nabbed in child porn investigation
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage Professor Publishes Third Textbook
- Glenbard Parent Series Spanish to present Stress Management Techniques
- COD Polysomnography Program Receives Accreditation
- COD to Host Free Panel Discussion Oct. 27: ‘The Iran Nuclear Accord Within the Context of the Middle East Regional Crisis’
- Homeland Security Training Center Grand Opening
- COD Community Concert Band Performs Oct. 19 at the MAC
- COD Hosts Moment of Silence for Umpqua Community College
- WSDRA Athletes Pump Iron with COD Football Players
- Glenbard parent event: Creating an Environment Where Bullying is Obsolete
- Suburbs’ most affordable new volleyball club holding boys tryouts Oct. 8 in Wheaton
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- Luci Sementa, Team Member at Culver's of Addison, sports her newly-acquired Gold Medal after her Downers Grove Dazzlers finished first at the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships held last weekend in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
More Glendale Heights News
- Glendale Heights Sports
- Week 7 DuPage County football preview
- Glenbard North shuts out Wheaton North
- DuPage Valley Week 6: Neuqua Valley looks for revenge against Naperville North
- Neuqua Valley makes transition to DVC
- Scheufler goal lifts Glenbard North in OT
- Desai, Moritz lead WW South to DVC championship
- Tuesday Morning Quarterback
- Suburban fans cheer on their Cubbies
- Glendale Heights Business
- Doctors, NIU law students together help poor in Aurora
- Chamber exec Haskins returns to her roots
- Glendale Heights Entertainment
- New countywide arts council coming to DuPage
- Theater group needs financial support to return to COD
- Night life events: Emmett’s adds autumn tastes to brewmaster dinner
- Glendale Heights Opinion
- Editorial: Follow DuPage’s lead to streamline government
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbard East High School
- 1014 S. Main St.
Lombard, Il 60148
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
- Glenbard West High School
- 670 Crescent Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Il 60137
- Forest Green/White
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918
- DuPage County