Communities » Glendale Heights Area News
Glendale Heights Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Jubilee Furniture moves to new location, offers Liquidation Sale
- Naperville Exchange Club Supports Children in Poverty
- Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowd
- What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5
- Warrenville karate team places at national tournament
- Roselle Artisan Handcrafts Hot Rod Cremation Urns
- First Early Bird Drawing Deadline is February 21 for $1.6 Million Dream Home or $1.3 Million in Cash
- West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Extends Deadline for Art Banner Submissions
- Winfield Flower Shoppe selected FTD Premier Florist
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
Elgin Theatre Company proudly presents their September show, Ken Ludwig?s The Fox on the Fairway! Performances of this raucous comedy will run from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater in Elgin, IL. This is ETC?s first production of the 2013-2014 season. An accessible performance for the deaf and hearing impaired will be available on Sunday, September 15, at the 2pm show. Anyone who would like seats near to the interpreter is encouraged to reserve tickets in advance.
Bingham, the president of the Quail Valley Country Club, is in a difficult position. Justin, his new assistant, is in love with Louise, a waitress at the club. Bingham has also discovered the golfer he thought would play for his club in the annual tournament has been recruited by his counterpart and nemesis from the opposing club, Dickie. The huge bet he had foolishly wagered is now likely to be lost. Fortunately, he discovers that Justin is actually a good golfer and finagles a quick membership so Justin can play for his team. Justin gains a huge lead but then learns that Louise has lost the engagement ring he gave her and he comes unglued. Justin goes on to lose his lead, and breaks his arm. Bingham is desperate, and the appearance of his wife complicates the matter, as she catches him much too close to Pamela, the sex-starved Vice President of Quail Valley. Can Bingham find a replacement for Justin to win the game, win the wager, and get his life in order?
The cast features Edward Duncan of Elk Grove Village, Kim Green of South Elgin, Scott Neidl of Carol Stream, Henry Honshul and Melynda Benjamin of Elgin, and Miriam Mikhael of Northbrook. The ASL Interpreter for the September 15th show is Andrew Ross of Carpentersville. The play is directed by Frank Del Giudice and is produced by Linda Collins and Edward Duncan.
Performances will be held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater of the Elgin Academy. Show times are 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays. The theater is located at the northeast corner of Kimball Street and Dundee Avenue in downtown Elgin.
Tickets are $15/adults and $12/seniors and youths. Group rates are available. For reservations or more information, please call 847-741-0532, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.elgin-theatre.org. Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency. This program is funded in part by a grant from the City of Elgin and the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission. Ed Duncan
- Mimi shows her catch at the Oakbrook Terrace/NEDSRA fishing derby held this past Sunday at Terrace View Park Lake. Mimi won an award for most fish caught. Bruce Flowers
Many of the veterans shown who reside at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community in Carol Stream, will have their service photo and other memorabilia on display in the community's Centrum beginning Friday, Nov. 8. Intended to honor all veterans, the show is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Nov. 15. Windsor Park is located at 124 Windsor Park Drive. Captain Richard Blackburn, first row center, holds a book of his memoirs. He received the French Legion of Honor for valor in one of the main campaigns during WW II in France. Visitors can also view a world map with pushpins designating where each veteran served. Windsor Park residents plan this display each year. Those involved in 2013 are Harman Barnard, Ray Smith, Charlie Ochs, Ralph Weldon, Bill Anderson, Stan Johnson, and Herb Clausen.
For more information, call Windsor Park at (630) 510-5500.
Those pictured (left to right) are:
First row: John Weber, Henry Nelson, Jim McLuskie, Roy Comstock, Clarence Aronson, Eunice Blackburn, Richard Blackburn, Ray Smith, Matt Leonard, Warren Larson, Eugene Young, Donald White, Robert Baptista.
Second row: Bob Muzzy, Howard Headley, Reg Gerig, Len Buck, Dick Rung, Robert Fox, Check Lewis, Clayton Barker, Howard Morey, Wallace Alcorn, Charles Ochs, Stan Yohe, Edward Ayers, Dick Gerig, Jason Johnson, Wayne Cook.
Third row: Bob Doenges, Bill Anderson, David Blomberg, Jim Carr, Bill Taetzsch, Ralph Welton, Stan Johnson, Glenn Heck, George Saunders. Jim Steere
- A interesting picture of a lightning bolt that I took Saturday night in Roselle, IL...Is it me or is it in the shape of a face? Michael V
- Jose Moreno takes a shot in front of John Thompson Center during a wheelchair basketball exhibition during ADA week. The Jr.Bulls come from NEDSRA located in Addison. Jeena Greenwalt
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
- Christi Christides with Tri-color Amaranthruus / Summer Pointsetta. Taken in her backyard in glendale heights, our little get-away, I did not realize this flower would become so tall, I am 5'4 . Melissa my daughter
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- West Chicago elected officials and staff, Old Time Pottery executives and representatives of the Western DuPage Chamber of Commerce cut the ceremonial ribbon at a daylong celebration which welcomes the retailer to their new home at the northwest corner of Illinois 59 & 64. Rosemary Mackey
- Jeena Greenwalt(l), Director of NEDSRA, and Nora Sandoval, also from NEDSRA, salsa the afternoon away at the Hispanic Families of NEDSRA Summer Fiesta this past weekend. Bruce Flowers
Vero Voce Theater (St Charles) SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD opens Friday, July 19th.
Songs for A New World Rehearsal Photo, Vero Voce Theater, St. Charles, IL (left to right: Richard Trost, Jacqueline Petzel, Luke Donia, Katelyn Jassoy, Lauren Nicole, Kelly Barabasz, Alex Adams) Aimee Martin, Visual Stimulus
- Veterans and their families were honored with a breakfast buffet at Salt Creek Golf Club on November 9, 2013. Ellen Hart
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
- Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through 60 delightful wines at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting on February 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Chicago Corporate Photography
- Joe Buttice, past commander of Tioga VFW Post 2149 in Wood Dale gives words of praise and inspiration at the Veteran's Day celebration on November 9, 2013. Ellen Hart
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart seniors (from left) Bunny Olson of Evanston, Charlotte McMenamin Walshe of Highland Park, and Anna Deberry of Green Oaks, welcomed the class of 2017 to the Lake Forest school Aug. 28. Woodlands Academy
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
Daily Herald Communities
- A Proud and Progressive Village for All People
- 60137, 60139
- 41.920228, -88.078918