Communities » Ingleside Area News
10th Congressional hopefuls talk ObamacareHighland Park Mayor Nancy Rotering accuses Brad Schneider, her opponent in the 10th Congressional District Democratic primary, of voting to delay implementation of the Affordable Care Act when he was in Congress in 2013; Schneider flatly denies the charge.Last Updated Feb 13, 2016 5:26 AM
Lake County state’s attorney candidates discuss wrongful convictions issuePosted Feb 12, 2016 5:24 AM
Democrats seeking the office of Lake County state’s attorney gave different ideas on how to address wrongful convictions.
Lake County judges to be sworn in Feb. 23Updated Feb 10, 2016 4:54 PM
Three Lake County judges are scheduled to be sworn in at a public ceremony Tuesday, Feb. 23.
Zion man accused of firing gun during gang fightUpdated Feb 10, 2016 12:07 PM
A Zion gang member faces multiple charges for firing a gun during a gang fight in January.
Lake County sheriff offers citizen police academyUpdated Feb 9, 2016 5:16 PM
The next Lake County Sheriff’s Office citizen police academy begins March 17, officials announced in a news release.
Lake County board says it supports government consolidationUpdated Feb 9, 2016 5:15 PM
The Lake County Board is supporting a change in state law that would give it authority to dissolve some units of local government and consolidate government functions.
Input sought on Lake County housing needsUpdated Feb 8, 2016 3:51 PM
The Lake County Housing and Community Development Commission is seeking input for its annual action plan, which in cooperation with Waukegan and North Chicago, guides how Lake County uses federal funds to address the county’s housing and community development needs, goals, outcomes and strategies.
Extra Credit: Carol McKinny — Lake County Tech CampusPosted Feb 8, 2016 7:50 AM
Carol McKinny has been the Lake County Tech Campus’ Project Lead the Way instructor for more than a year. She taught for four years before coming to the Tech Campus, and worked in industry for 14 years before beginning her teaching career.
Ten stories you may have missed this weekendPosted Feb 8, 2016 5:00 AM
Ten stories you may have missed this weekend.
- Man shot in head at Lake County bowling alley
Recently shared by others
- Donna Adams accepts lead position at Paradise Financial Partners
- COOL Food Pantry Waukegan Moves to 800 W. Glen Flora Avenue
- Woodlands Academy, Chicago Visitors Champion Malala’s Quest for Girls’ Education
- Feb. 19: The Peking Acrobats 30th Anniversary Tour dazzles at CLC
- CLC Theatre presents Shakespeare’s ‘The Tempest’ Feb. 26-28 and March 3-5
- Feb. 25: CLC presents benefit performances of ‘The Vagina Monologues’
- Learn about the amazing life of Leonard Nimoy from CLC professors
- Stanton School Kicks Off NFL Day
- Health Department Offers Reduced Water Testing Rates
- Feb. 18: CLC hosts U.S. Minority Contractor Association meeting
All Conference 11-0 and Lakes Tournament Champions.
Sitting L to R:
Kylie Diana, Ivy Clark, Rachael Ramirez, Makiah Linbo
Standing L to R: Sydney Mayhew, Ayan Omar, Karleigh Bolton, Kennedy Kiesgen, Hannah Vonder Haar, Alexia La Saint, Roxanne Temple, Samantha Kaye
Coaches Ted and Nancy Pillow Deanna Temple
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- This is my back yard in Ingleside IL near Wooster Lake. I'm not sure if you can see, but the very top of my bird bath is out there near the hanging yellow bird house which makes the water about 3+ feet right there. Christine Knapp
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
"Team Building Day at Camp Duncan"
As a hearing itinerant teacher, our students are often the only ones in their school district with a hearing loss. I'm very passionate about creating events for students to come together for a day of team-building and fun! There is an instant bond among the students that that is indescribable and incredibly fulfilling as a teacher. Over 50 students and staff attended made this a memorable event and can't to start planning the next event! Tracy Aleckson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.380833, -88.138611
Local Government Links
- Lake County