Communities » Ingleside Area News
Strong thunderstorms strike Chicago, suburbsStrong thunderstorms with damaging winds, heavy rain and potential flooding may continue to pass through the suburbs this evening.Last Updated Jul 24, 2016 11:17 PM
International Bog Day celebrated at Volo BogUpdated Jul 24, 2016 5:09 PM
International Bog Day was celebrated Sunday at Volo Bog State Natural Area in Ingleside. Art, music, bog tours and crafts were part of the event.
Wadsworth man faces multiple drug chargesUpdated Jul 23, 2016 4:01 PM
A Wadsworth man described by authorities as a known street gang member has been charged with multiple drug offenses following a month-long investigation by Lake County and federal authorities.
Report of missing Gurnee man takes strange turnsUpdated Jul 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Lake County sheriff’s deputies spent 12 hours searching for a 46-year-old Gurnee man reported missing after an accident Friday night before finding him and taking him to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
Woman struck and killed by vehicle in GurneeUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:26 PM
A 58-year-old Waukegan woman was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday morning as she was walking on a Gurnee sidewalk.
Green homes tour includes site in LibertyvilleUpdated Jul 22, 2016 5:01 PM
Fourteen sustainability built, energy-efficient “green” homes in Chicago and the suburbs will be featured from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24 during the fourth annual GreenBuilt Home Tour.
Have a say in 2050 regional planUpdated Jul 22, 2016 4:24 PM
Public input is being accepted until Aug. 15 as the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning develops its new ON TO 2050 comprehensive plan.
Short but crucial link in Lake County trail system completeUpdated Jul 21, 2016 8:23 PM
The Bull Creek Trail Connector is only three-quarters of a mile long, but it’s considered a key link to an extensive connected trail system in Lake County. Community leaders, business interests and residents who backed the project celebrated its opening Thursday.
Rudd’s re-election hopes hinge on Aug. 11 court hearingUpdated Jul 21, 2016 8:19 PM
A Lake County judge will hold a hearing Aug. 11 to determine if Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd’s name can appear on the November ballot as an independent candidate. Judge Diane Winter will make the decision on Rudd’s general election status, which was thrown into limbo July 13 when then Lake County Electoral Board removed his name from the ballot.
- Lake County health council seeks volunteers
- Lake coroner asks court to allow him back on ballot
- Skipping GOP convention, Dold ready for another battle with Schneider
- Federal mental health bill shifts focus to preventing tragedy
Recently shared by others
- Indo-American Heritage Museum celebrates Hall of Fame opening with gala concert
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- 6th Annual Mundelein Arts Festiva Coming This Fall
- Five physicists to duke it out at Windy City Physics Slam Aug. 7
- Deadline nears for veteran appreciation awards
- Nominations due for Veteran Volunteer of the Year award
- CLC professors to cover ‘Star Trek’ collectibles in library presentation
- Former COD Student Alexis Reisch Receives Fulbright Award for Research in Sweden
- Miss Northern Suburbs Seeking Contestants
- COD Faculty Externships a Valuable Experience for Teachers and Students
All Conference 11-0 and Lakes Tournament Champions.
Sitting L to R:
Kylie Diana, Ivy Clark, Rachael Ramirez, Makiah Linbo
Standing L to R: Sydney Mayhew, Ayan Omar, Karleigh Bolton, Kennedy Kiesgen, Hannah Vonder Haar, Alexia La Saint, Roxanne Temple, Samantha Kaye
Coaches Ted and Nancy Pillow Deanna Temple
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- This is my back yard in Ingleside IL near Wooster Lake. I'm not sure if you can see, but the very top of my bird bath is out there near the hanging yellow bird house which makes the water about 3+ feet right there. Christine Knapp
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
"Team Building Day at Camp Duncan"
As a hearing itinerant teacher, our students are often the only ones in their school district with a hearing loss. I'm very passionate about creating events for students to come together for a day of team-building and fun! There is an instant bond among the students that that is indescribable and incredibly fulfilling as a teacher. Over 50 students and staff attended made this a memorable event and can't to start planning the next event! Tracy Aleckson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Ingleside News
- Ingleside Business
- Green homes tour includes site in Libertyville
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
- Ingleside Entertainment
- Pet microchipping Saturday in North Chicago
- Pet microchip giveaway in Lake County
- Baxter gives $100,000 to help families in crisis
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.380833, -88.138611
Local Government Links
- Lake County