Communities » Ingleside Area News
NaturePlay screeningA new award-winning documentary, NaturePlay, that shows how nature plays a key role in childhood growth and development will be screened from 1 to 3 p.m. April 2 at Heller Nature Center, 2821 Ridge Road, Highland Park.Last Updated Mar 26, 2017 4:32 PM
Wauconda man pleads guilty to bomb possessionUpdated Mar 24, 2017 2:21 PM
A Wauconda man who authorities said threatened to blow up police has pleaded guilty to bomb possession charges in Lake County court.
President’s proposed budget could be costly for suburban jailsPosted Mar 24, 2017 5:10 AM
President Donald Trump’s proposed budget includes as much as $4.5 billion in new spending to enforce immigration laws. But its elimination of one immigration-related program could cost Chicago-area county jails as much as $2 million a year in federal assistance.
Lake County crash victim identified as Grayslake manUpdated Mar 23, 2017 5:45 PM
A 77-year-old man killed in a car crash Wednesday in central Lake County was indentified Thursday as Richard Pearson of Grayslake.
Prosecutor: No evidence Long Grove vandalism a hate crimeUpdated Mar 23, 2017 12:42 PM
There’s no evidence indicating that a 52-year-old man accused of throwing a brick and rock through the window of a Muslim family’s Long Grove home was motivated by the victims’ faith, Lake County’s top prosecutor said Thursday.
Schneider to meet with constitutents Saturday in GrayslakeUpdated Mar 22, 2017 1:16 PM
Congressman Brad Schneider, a Democrat from Deerfield, will host a “Congress on Your Corner” event Saturday in Grayslake to answer questions from constituents and brief attendees on his work in Washington, D.C.
Lake County begins hydrant flushing April 3Updated Mar 22, 2017 1:16 PM
Lake County Public Works will conduct its semiannual water hydrant flushing program beginning Monday, April 3, depending on weather conditions, officials announced Wednesday. The expected completion date is April 28.
Lake County launching campaign to prevent child abuseUpdated Mar 22, 2017 1:16 PM
The Blue Kids Lake County campaign, which aims to cherish children, support families and build strong communities, will kick off at noon March 28, just days before the onset of National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Six Flags Great America announces new virtual reality attractionPosted Mar 22, 2017 4:00 AM
Six Flags Great America announced Tuesday an all-new virtual reality attraction paired with the Giant Drop.
- Lake County adds two new court administrators
- Lake County Green Conference set for April 20
- Activists protest cuts to the EPA
- Lake County man wanted on 20 sex crime charges captured
Recently shared by others
- Plan your Vacation to Los, Cabos, Mexico with United Way of Lake County
- Magician, Zion native Bill Blagg sells out April 8 CLC show
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Rx for Health: Walking in Nature
- Three Low-Cost Pet Vaccination Clinics Offered in April
- Take Action for Better Health on Diabetes Alert Day
- Great New Resale Boutique in Downtown Grayslake!!
- March 31: CLC hosts free screening of documentary exploring Iraq War veterans on 2,700-mile U.S. walk
All Conference 11-0 and Lakes Tournament Champions.
Sitting L to R:
Kylie Diana, Ivy Clark, Rachael Ramirez, Makiah Linbo
Standing L to R: Sydney Mayhew, Ayan Omar, Karleigh Bolton, Kennedy Kiesgen, Hannah Vonder Haar, Alexia La Saint, Roxanne Temple, Samantha Kaye
Coaches Ted and Nancy Pillow Deanna Temple
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- This is my back yard in Ingleside IL near Wooster Lake. I'm not sure if you can see, but the very top of my bird bath is out there near the hanging yellow bird house which makes the water about 3+ feet right there. Christine Knapp
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
"Team Building Day at Camp Duncan"
As a hearing itinerant teacher, our students are often the only ones in their school district with a hearing loss. I'm very passionate about creating events for students to come together for a day of team-building and fun! There is an instant bond among the students that that is indescribable and incredibly fulfilling as a teacher. Over 50 students and staff attended made this a memorable event and can't to start planning the next event! Tracy Aleckson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Ingleside News
- Ingleside Business
- Mundelein approves development deal for new nursing home
- Housing remains strong, businesses reinvesting, experts say
- Ingleside Entertainment
- Six Flags Great America announces new virtual reality attraction
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.380833, -88.138611
Local Government Links
- Lake County