Communities » Glenview Area News
Des Plaines man dies from fall at food packaging plantA 60-year-old Des Plaines man died Friday after falling 40 feet in a food packaging plant in Crest Hill.Last Updated Jan 16, 2017 10:01 AM
Opening set for $2 million Oakton student centerUpdated Jan 15, 2017 3:43 PM
Oakton Community College will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for the school’s new $2 million student center.
Woman, ex-boyfriend charged in staged home invasion, dog’s deathUpdated Jan 13, 2017 9:38 PM
A Maine Township woman and her ex-boyfriend have been charged with staging a home invasion at her residence, Cook County Sheriff Thomas Dart announced Friday.
Montini’s Kunzer finds her spot in the cornerUpdated Jan 13, 2017 9:24 PM
Claudia Kunzer’s double-double led Montini to its 20th girls basketball victory of the season, this one against Loyola Academy.
Dist. 207 candidate remains on ballot after signature challengeUpdated Jan 13, 2017 3:40 PM
The Cook County clerk’s office has determined a Maine Township High School District 207 school member has enough signatures.
Flood warning issued in Cook, DuPage, Will countiesUpdated Jan 17, 2017 6:46 AM
A flood warning has been issues for areas in DuPage and Cook counties, officials from the National Weather Service has reported.
Victory wears well on Roeser, Carmel CatholicUpdated Jan 16, 2017 4:41 PM
Johnny Roeser had a game-high 19 points as Carmel Catholic earned a 49-40 victory over Maine East in MLK tournament play at Lake Zurich on Monday.
Images: Carmel vs. Maine East boys basketballUpdated Jan 16, 2017 1:22 PM
Carmel faced Maine East in Monday’s MLK boys basketball tournament at Lake Zurich High School.
Recently shared by others
- Global Flicks Film International Film Festival Begins at COD Feb. 1
- Hersey alum honored by Prospect Heights for safety work
- CLC’s spring international film series kicks off Feb. 3
- Applications Now Accepted for 2017 COD Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Explore the Evolving Technology Workforce March 10 at College of DuPage
- A Third of Woodlands Academy Seniors Named 2017-18 State Scholars
- COD Hosts Horticulture Career and Job Fair Feb. 7
- Glenview’s Dr. Kevin McCune to head American Medical Group Association Foundation board of directors
- Renowned pediatric cardiovascular surgeon joins Advocate Children’s Hospital
- COD Celebrates Black History Month with Series of Programs
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Andrea, hiked to the top of Lions Peak in Cape Town, South Africa with friends and then clouds rolled in. Taken by Andrea's friend, Bridget.
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
More Glenview News
- Glenview Sports
- Victory wears well on Roeser, Carmel Catholic
- Images: Carmel vs. Maine East boys basketball
- Montini’s Kunzer finds her spot in the corner
- Leyden’s second-half rally leads to win over Maine East
- Notre Dame turns back Grant’s challenge
- Glenview Entertainment
- Landscape artist’s work on display at Oakton
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
- Maine East High School
- 2601 W. Dempster St.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- Blue Demons
- Royal Blue/White
- Maine South High School
- 1111 S. Dee Rd.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- New Trier High School
- 385 Winnetka Av.
Winnetka, Il 60093
Daily Herald Communities
- A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
- 60025, 60026
- 42.079391, -87.815622
- Cook County