Communities » Glenview Area News
Lake County maple syrup hikes end on a sweet noteThe Lake County Forest Preserve District held its final Maple Syrup Hike of the season Sunday, giving visotors to Ryerson Woods near Riverwoods and up-close look at how the sticky topping is made.Last Updated Mar 26, 2017 6:35 PM
Police can't interview crash survivor, get black-box data in deadly Northwest Highway crashUpdated Mar 25, 2017 7:59 AM
Des Plaines police are encountering setbacks in the investigation of a deadly crash last month.
$80,000 bail for two accused in string of suburban armed robberiesUpdated Mar 24, 2017 7:01 PM
A man and a woman charged with armed robberies in Des Plaines, Glenview and Schaumburg were each ordered held on $80,000 bail Friday. A third defendant, 27-year-old Ahmed Fathi, is scheduled to be in court on Monday. Two people received cuts in the knife attacks, authorities say.
President’s proposed budget could be costly for suburban jailsPosted Mar 24, 2017 5:10 AM
President Donald Trump’s proposed budget includes as much as $4.5 billion in new spending to enforce immigration laws. But its elimination of one immigration-related program could cost Chicago-area county jails as much as $2 million a year in federal assistance.
3 charged in series of suburban robberiesUpdated Mar 23, 2017 4:10 PM
Three Chicago residents were charged Thursday in connection to a Des Plaines robbery in which one of the suspects exchanged phone numbers with a gas station clerk before her accomplice stole cash at knife point, authorities said. The three also are suspects in robberies in Schaumburg and Glenview.
Dist. 207 foundation holding benefit dinnerUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:42 PM
The Maine Township High School District 207 Educational Foundation is hosting the ninth annual benefit dinner to fund various programs in the district.
Community colleges to share career programsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Community college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.
Schneider to meet with constitutents Saturday in GrayslakeUpdated Mar 22, 2017 1:16 PM
Congressman Brad Schneider, a Democrat from Deerfield, will host a “Congress on Your Corner” event Saturday in Grayslake to answer questions from constituents and brief attendees on his work in Washington, D.C.
Local districts vote 7-1 against Hoffman Estates tax breakUpdated Mar 22, 2017 9:58 AM
The vast majority of taxing bodies potentially affected by a proposed $21 million tax refund for a development in western Hoffman Estates dislike the idea so much they rejected it twice Monday.
- Maine East wins governor’s video contest
- Activists protest cuts to the EPA
Recently shared by others
- Field Museum Lecture Series 2017 Begins at Brushwood Center
- NAMI-IL honors Glenview resident for service
- Plan your Vacation to Los, Cabos, Mexico with United Way of Lake County
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Family Tree DNA founder Bennett Greenspan to speak at Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois meeting in Northbrook
- Video workshop for family historians planned for Jewish Genealogical Society meeting
- Craving A Trip To Your Favorite Resort? Bring The Resort Look Into Your Home With PatioLiving.com.
- Ryerson Reads: Reading into Nature
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Andrea, hiked to the top of Lions Peak in Cape Town, South Africa with friends and then clouds rolled in. Taken by Andrea's friend, Bridget.
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
More Glenview News
- Glenview Sports
- Girls soccer: St. Charles North shuts out Loyola
- AWF tops Glenbard for Combined Division state title
- Glenview Business
- Local districts vote 7-1 against Hoffman Estates tax break
- Daily Herald drone photography gives new view of suburbs
- Zoning board recommends disputed compost facility near Des Plaines
- Des Plaines residents raise stink over proposed commercial compost facility
- Glenview Entertainment
- Dist. 207 foundation holding benefit dinner
- Glenview Opinion
- Morally despicable
- Endorsements: Owen, Lee, Coyle, Austriaco for Maine Township Dist. 207
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
- Maine East High School
- 2601 W. Dempster St.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- Blue Demons
- Royal Blue/White
- Maine South High School
- 1111 S. Dee Rd.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- New Trier High School
- 385 Winnetka Av.
Winnetka, Il 60093
Daily Herald Communities
- A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
- 60025, 60026
- 42.079391, -87.815622
- Cook County