Communities » Glenview Area News
Injured goose rescued at Independence Grove Forest PreserveA goose spotted at a Lake County forest preserve with a fishing hook stuck in one of its wings is getting medical care thanks to the intervention of wildlife conservationists.Last Updated May 27, 2016 3:56 PM
Reassessment notices mailed to Maine Township taxpayersUpdated May 26, 2016 5:41 PM
Assessments in Maine Township are increasing, as indicated by reassessment notices mailed to property owners Thursday by the Cook County Assessor’s office.
Cook County announces Northwest suburban road projectsUpdated May 23, 2016 10:59 AM
The Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways has announced its Northwest suburban road and bridge projects for the 2016 construction season, including work in Buffalo Grove, Wheeling and Mount Prospect.
Broadwind Energy names Kushner president, CEOUpdated May 23, 2016 8:58 AM
Broadwind Energy announced that Stephanie K. Kushner has been named president and chief executive officer,
Images: Maine East High School graduationUpdated May 22, 2016 9:23 PM
Maine East High School held its graduation ceremony on Sunday, May 22 at the Rosemont Theatre.
Recently shared by others
- Anixter Center’s Benefit for Ability celebrates advocacy and raises nearly $500,000
- Niles girl’s death 10 years ago remembered with June 4 blood drive
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Grainger Chairman, President and CEO inspires CLC graduates; Company to help CLC launch new logistics degree
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Highwood Chamber Of Commerce Announces Dates & Music Lineup For 8Th Annual Highwood Evening Market
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email email@example.com . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Saturday afternoon, my daughter, Andrea, hiked to the top of Lions Peak in Cape Town, South Africa with friends and then clouds rolled in. Taken by Andrea's friend, Bridget.
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
More Glenview News
- Glenview Business
- Broadwind Energy names Kushner president, CEO
- Broadwind Energy appoints two to board
- Constable: Vernon Hills nurse bathes in newborns' success
- Glenview Entertainment
- Injured goose rescued at Independence Grove Forest Preserve
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Glenbrook North High School
- 2300 Shermer Rd.
Northbrook, Il 60062
- Dark Green/Gold
- Glenbrook South High School
- 4000 W. Lake Av.
Glenview, Il 60026
- Maine East High School
- 2601 W. Dempster St.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- Blue Demons
- Royal Blue/White
- Maine South High School
- 1111 S. Dee Rd.
Park Ridge, Il 60068
- New Trier High School
- 385 Winnetka Av.
Winnetka, Il 60093
Daily Herald Communities
- A Great Place to Live, Work and Play
- 60025, 60026
- 42.079391, -87.815622
- Cook County