Communities » Fox Lake Area News
Another arrest in fraudulent credit card scheme at Deer Park Apple StoreA New York woman is the seventh person arrested on charges of trying to use fraudulent identification to purchase Apple products at the Deer Park Apple Store.Last Updated Jul 29, 2016 9:42 AM
Officials: Zion man was drunk, fleeing police before being shotUpdated Jul 28, 2016 5:14 PM
A 24-year-old Zion man is held in Lake County jail on charges he was intoxicated when he started a police chase that ended after he was shot by an officer, authorities said.
Officials discuss ideas, reforms at legislative breakfastUpdated Jul 28, 2016 3:45 PM
County and state representatives updated Lake Zurich Chamber Area Chamber of Commerce members during a breakfast meeting Thursay on a variety of issues affecting business
Lake County Fair preserves area's agricultural heritageUpdated Jul 28, 2016 12:07 AM
The Lake County Fair still sports a strong agricultural theme, and teaching children and adults about those deep roots and the importance of farming is the aim of a couple of hands-on exhibits.
Zion police shoot driver during vehicle chaseUpdated Jul 27, 2016 4:02 PM
A person who led Zion police on a vehicle chase was shot and wounded by officers, authorities said in a news release.
2 dogs declared dangerous after Lake Zurich attackUpdated Jul 27, 2016 1:14 PM
Two dogs described as pit bulls have been declared dangerous as a result of an attack on a German shepherd mix while walking with its owners in Lake Zurich, according to Lake County officials.
Youth Conservation Corps in Lake County offers more than summer workPosted Jul 27, 2016 5:00 AM
The Youth Conservation Corps is a summer program that has offered more than jobs in its 42-year partnership with the Lake County Forest Preserve District.
Lake County cops want you to quit texting and drivingUpdated Jul 26, 2016 6:25 PM
At least 11 Lake County law-enforcement agencies are participating in a campaign aimed at combating illegal texting and driving.
Lake County Fair prepares for openingUpdated Jul 26, 2016 6:17 PM
The Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake came alive Tuesday with preparations for the opening of the annual county fair.
- Lake County organization breaks ground for new healing garden
- Police: Group tried to use stolen credit cards at Deer Park Apple store
- Wadsworth man faces multiple drug charges
- Report of missing Gurnee man takes strange turns
- Ann Maine guest at fireside chat
- Strong thunderstorms strike Chicago, suburbs
Fox Lake Calendar
Recently shared by others
- CLC horticulture student earns two industry scholarships
- New A.A.S. degree program in firefighter basic operations seeks applicants
- CLC’s hosting of Chinese students latest in thriving, international friendship
- Register for College of Lake County Fall Semester classes
- College of DuPage Celebrates 50 Years of Changing Lives
- Wearing Many Different Hats at The Springs at Monarch Landing
- Tom Cullerton offers seniors resources to prevent fraud
- Final Summer 2016 Prairie Tour at College of DuPage Aug. 24
- Tom Cullerton’s government consolidation model signed into law
- Join annual golf outing Aug. 22 supporting manufacturing
- Nearly 100 fourth-through-seventh-grade students from St. Malachy School in Chicago visited Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Feb. 7 for a day of events including an uplifting gospel liturgy, pizza lunch, talent show and a carnival. This celebration marked the latest chapter in a Black History Month tradition between the inner-city grade school and the North Shore high school dating back to 1996. Pictured here, students from both schools joined the combined choirs at the conclusion of the gospel liturgy to sing “We Shall Overcome” in honor of Pete Seeger, who passed away Jan. 27. Woodlands Academy
It’s countdown time for Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s 41st annual financial aid fundraiser, Congé. Modeling this year’s theme colors are (from left) Co-Chair Mary Oelerich of Chicago, Silent Auction Chair Alison Kohlmeyer of Lake Forest and Co-Chair Jean Olson of Evanston. The fundraising starts at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, with online bidding at www.bidpal.net/Congé for a variety of exciting silent auction items such as four VIP tickets to a Los Angeles taping of Conan O’Brien’s TBS TV show, a Chicago Blackhawks hockey stick signed by members of the 2013-14 team and for wine enthusiasts, a 750ml bottle of Chateau Petrus Pomerol (2006). Online bids will be accepted up to and then as part of the silent auction that takes place during the Congé dinner event which begins with cocktails at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at the Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, IL. Silent auction bidding ends at 10 p.m.
For more information about Congé contact Woodlands Academy Associate Director of Advancement for Special Events Tami Rocha at 847-234-4300, ext. 226 or visit www.woodlandsacademy.org Woodlands Academy
- Eagles and their eaglets on Fox Lake Tom Chamberlain
- Enjoy a beautiful trail run during the JCYS 5K Run/Walk in support of Camp Red Leaf, an overnight camping experience for youth and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral needs. Runners will gather on Sunday, September 21 at 10 am at 26710 W. Nippersink Road in Ingleside, IL and run past the fully-accessible summer camp that includes a tree house; high and low ropes course, and zip line; lake front and pool; and year-round lodging. Registration is $35/runner and $10 for kids 12 and under. More information at www.jcys.org/5K. JCYS Camp Red Leaf
- 28 Mixed Media pieces by Peggy Gannon will be displayed at the Starline Gallery in Harvard April 25 from 6-9 p.m. Peggy Gannon
- An American White Pelican chases a seagull with the catch of the day from Pistakee Lake. Tim Rennels
- Many pelicans seen on Fox River this weekend Diana Snarski
- Many pelicans were on the Fox River in Fox Lake this past weekend. Diana Snarski
- An American White Pelican cruises on the open water of Pistakee Lake Tim Rennels
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
- Artwork by Woodlands Academy junior Erika Cerillo of Waukegan is among those featured at the Deer Path Art League Emerging Artists show in Lake Forest now through March 28. This is one of three exhibits in which artwork by several Woodlands Academy students is on display this month. The other shows are at the Lake Forest Library and the University of St. Francis School of Creative Arts in Fort Wayne, Ind. Woodlands Academy
More Fox Lake News
- Fox Lake Sports
- Public meeting on Patriot Path bike trail
- Fox Lake Business
- Another arrest in fraudulent credit card scheme at Apple Store
- Green homes tour includes site in Libertyville
- Fox Lake Entertainment
- Lake County Fair preserves area's agricultural heritage
- 2 dogs declared dangerous after Lake Zurich attack
- Lake County Fair prepares for opening
- Gospelfest at Greenbelt
- Pet microchipping Saturday in North Chicago
- Pet microchip giveaway in Lake County
- Fox Lake Opinion
- Courts have power to help - or hurt - state
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- The Heart of the Chain O' Lakes
- 42.40075, -88.176975
- Lake County