Communities » Carol Stream Area News
Two DuPage County banks robbed hours apart TuesdayThe FBI is searching for two suspects involved in separate bank robberies within hours of each other Tuesday in DuPage County.Last Updated Aug 24, 2016 5:52 AM
DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representativesUpdated Aug 23, 2016 4:50 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission board is expected to consider a policy that would restrict the political activity of some representatives of the agency.
DuPage to buy more equipment for November electionUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:01 PM
The DuPage County Election Commission plans to spend more than $500,000 on equipment to speed same-day voter registration at the polls in November.
DuPage hires four lobbying firmsUpdated Aug 23, 2016 5:52 PM
DuPage County officials defended the county’s use of lobbyists before awarding one-year contracts to four firms.
Full-day kindergarten programs keep growing in suburbsPosted Aug 23, 2016 5:35 AM
It’s still not state-mandated, but full-day kindergarten is becoming the norm in the suburbs.
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
U-46 making kindergarten more fun, less stressfulUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:44 PM
Blocks, jigsaw puzzles, a kitchenette, a cash register and toys fill kindergarten classrooms in Elgin School District U-46 — part of a new play-based learning model incorporated into a new full-day kindergarten program.
- How new addition was ‘made for the future of Glenbard West’
- Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babies
- Scouting the Glenbard North Panthers
- DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s mom
- College, career fair prepares students for big decisions
- Dist. 33 teachers, students read together over summer break
- Coroner: Offers pouring in to assist with funeral for ‘Baby Hope’
Carol Stream Calendar
Recently shared by others
- ‘Innovation Center’ opens at Carol Stream School
- Charity Holding Bowling Fundraiser to Fight Hunger
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- Chaparral Football Preps for 2016-2017 Season, Special Recognition Games
- Mexican Independence Day celebrated Sept. 17-18
- Glenbard District 87 co-sponsoring College and Career Readiness Fair
- Seniors raise funds for Carol Stream food pantry
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- Local Fundraiser Provides Weeks of Food for DuPage County Neighbors in Need
- Serve City holding boys volleyball club tryouts in West Chicago, Downers Grove
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Joe Hyken completes his Eagle Scout Service Project for the Carol Stream Park District on April 5. Photo is taken after the boys finished installing their last sign at the Town Center. Names from left to right. Kurt Pysarenko, Hans Carden, Nate Boyd, Joe Hyken, Josh Pysarnko, Nick Quinte, Ryan Montoma. Shawn Hyken
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Neuropsychologist Paul D. Nussbaum, Ph.D., chats with guest Arlene Coles following his presentation “Five Things to Keep Your Brain Healthy and Sharp.” Dr. Nussbaum spoke at Windsor Park, a faith-based, nonprofit, continuing care retirement community administered by Covenant Retirement Communities. Dr. Nussbaum is a clinical neuropsychologist and adjunct professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Windsor Park
- More than two dozen new gravestones will be dedicated on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 1 at the nearly 160-year-old St. Stephen Cemetery on the Carol Stream-Wheaton border. The ceremony will be at 1 p.m., at the cemetery that traces its origin to the former German farm community of Gretna, north of Saint Charles Road and west of Schmale Road. The program is open to the public and will include dessert refreshments. F. W. Miller
- Members of the Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce assist at the Ribbon Cutting ceremony at Luigi's Pizza Company, 184 N. Gary Avenue in Carol Stream. Chamber Executive Director Luanne Newman joins Jeff Staley (with scissors), wife Sarah Staley, Mayor Frank Saverino, Sr. and chamber members gathered behind the ceremonial blue ribbon. Christopher Oakley
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
- West Chicago soccer player transfers to Ecuador. This kid you see in this picture called, Alexis Quezada. From West Chicago's lives right on the border of Carol Stream as well. He is a 16 year old West Chicago Community student. He is not any normal teenager that loves the sport soccer. He is a rising talent. Played with Chicago Fire's youth academy which is in the MLS in Chicago. He recently transferred to Cuenca, Ecuador to play for Club Deportivo Cuenca. Deportivo Cuenca and also teams from Mexico were interested in him and tried signing this young star. At just 16 years of age, he's living in Ecuador with his fathers family as his parents are currently living in West Chicago still and now living his "dream". Photo taken last month on January 15, 2014. Club Deportivo Cuenca Soccer Club
More Carol Stream News
- Carol Stream Sports
- Scouting the Glenbard North Panthers
- Carol Stream Business
- COD’s nursing program achieves 100 percent pass rate
- Carol Stream Entertainment
- Hundreds attend Project Backpack at Elgin Community College
- Big Idaho Potato Tour stops in Carol Stream
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Bartlett High School
- 701 Schick Rd.
Bartlett, Il 60103
- Dark Green/Navy Blue/White
- Elgin High School
- 1200 Maroon Dr.
Elgin, Il 60120-8197
- Glenbard North High School
- 990 Kuhn Rd.
Carol Stream, Il 60188
- Black/Old Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Our Roots are Down and Branching Out
- 60188, 60199
- 41.921944, -88.140755