Communities » Round Lake Area News
Summer Academy in progress in GrayslakeLearning is always fun, but there’s something more relaxing about summer classes. In Grayslake Elementary District 46, students started their second week of the Summer Academy on Monday, a series of both remedial and enrichment classes that run from June 10 through July 3.Last Updated Jun 17, 2013 10:54 AM
Round Lake Beach man held in heroin overdose deathUpdated Jun 14, 2013 2:34 PM
A Round Lake Beach man is being held Friday on $500,000 bond in connection with the May 12 death of a man in Round Lake Park. Michael N. Seelye, 31, of the 500 block of West Hawthorne Drive, was charged late Thursday with drug induced homicide. He turned himself in to Round Lake Park police, said Chief George Filenko. The arrest followed a monthlong investigation involving the heroin overdose death of Hector D. Quinones, 31.
Round Lake Beach veteran honored for volunteer effortsUpdated Jun 19, 2013 12:53 PM
Petty Officer 1st Class Lisabeth Ann Risley, U.S. Navy, retired, has been recognized by the Illinois Department of Veteran’s Affairs as a prominent veteran leader with over 30 years of service to her community, country and to fellow veterans as the Illinois Veteran of the Month for June 2013.
District 46 to vote on contractsPosted Jun 17, 2013 6:10 PM
The school board of Grayslake Elementary District 46 is expected to approve a superintendent's contract and other agreements at a meeting on Wednesdsay.
Round Lake Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Old Time Pottery Schedules Grand Opening for West Chicago Store
- ComEd Offers Customers Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences in “Coolest Summer Ever” Promotion
- Caregiver Support Group To Meet July 9 in Libertyville
- neXt Gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday – Presents Native AmericanStorytelling
- Consider St. Bede School For The Fall
- Jim Gill's Family Room Tour at Grayslake Library
- One Truck, One Goal: Charity fundraiser at Schaumburg Boomers seeks to fill semi truck with sports gear for kids in need.
- Why Prairies Developed in North America
- Life Insurance 101
- Faith Lutheran Church hosts international and highly acclaimed Tim Zimmerman and the King's Brass in Concert
- Not your usual Shakespeare, Wheaton Drama's production of "Romeo & Juliet" brings a current New Orleans setting and exciting stage combat to the famous play. In this press shot, the Capulet/Montague feud gets personal for Tybalt (Eric Waddick)and Benvolia (Lynda Wellhausen). Show information and tickets at http://www.wheatondrama.org Steven Merkel
73rd American Legion Aux. Girls State Session
(1st rw lft to rt) Paulina Piasecki, Michelle Piaaecki & Erin Ehlers. (2nd row) Stephanie Saghafi from ALA Lake Region Unit #703/Grant H.S. (Emily Carbrera- Morales, Jocelyn Zamudio, Waukegan T.H.S. Homer Dehringer Unit#281. LaVera Davis Ch.) Nicole Haley from Wauconda H.S. & Aux. Unit 911 Gurnee Chairman Carla Scrofield, Nicole Silvers, Peggy Kalicki, Ruth Buehrer, Shirley Koop, Doris Schultz 10th Ditrict Ch. Finance Groups: the Kiwanas Club of Zion -Benton, the Maya Beville's scholarship/sponsorship as Cancer Treatment Centers of America at Midwestern Regional Medical Center. The North Shore Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution Th girls will experience the campaigning & election process & once elected; they will do the duties of that officer & will return home with a hands on experience of our government process. They will be able to interview for Girls Nation, apply for scholarships, speak with our elected officials or lesson to the extremely good speakers that have come to leave an impression. Other girls not pictured but who were selected to attend: Marissa DePino, Makenna Eldridge, Jamie Kreppein, Fallan Schultz, Anna Thomas, Kari Bengston, Alison Kramer, Julia Curry, Carley Feldman, Grace Bower, Marisa Woodrum, Katherine Kissel, Madeline Arnold, Madeline Coe, Cheyenne Kimbell, Kayla Podgorski, Maya Beville, Jullian Karande Lydia Henry, Kayla Savage & Tara Eyre Arlene Lolley
- Guest speaker J.J. O'Connor, center, chats with PAL/Clearbrook supporters at the 16th annual PAL fundraiser. Clearbrook
"Fire Sprinklers Save Lives"
Lake County Fire Chief's Association provided Fire Sprinkler Demonstrations at the Lake County Fair. Tony Rodkey of Countryside Fire describes how fire sprinklers will contain or extinguish a residential fire. Jeff Schmidt
- Emery Moorhead from the 85 Chicago Bears (second from right) spins the roulette wheel for Clearbrook at their Spring Casino Night held on March 2 in Palatine. Moorehead was one of five former NFL players who volunteered at Clearbrooks Spring Casino Night. Clearbrook
Gather Your Girlfriends for Martinis, Massages, and More: No kids. No men. Just women, wine, and golf.
From left, Bonnie Newman, Carolyn Szaflik, Lori Runquist, and Tracy Baron show off their creative ensembles that won them "Best Dressed Foursome" at last year's Clearbrook Women's Classic Golf Outing. Colleen Gallagher
- Supporters of JOURNEYS | The Road Home came out to participate in the 1st ever SUPERHERO 5K! Participants raised money for JOURNEYS' supportive services for those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in suburban Cook County. Thank you to everyone who came out to be a hero for the homeless! JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
"Lucky the hound dog howlin for spring to come!"
My name is Dina Anzalone and this is my bassett hound named Lucky. We are from Round Lake Beach. This picture was taken just a few days ago. It was quiet cold out and I told him Lucy spring isn't coming anytime soon he let out a big howl and I so happened to snap a picture at that time. I'm guessing he is ready to get out in some warm weather ... Dina Anzalone
- Students at Matigian Preschool in Libertyville were excited to welcome spring. The children colored eggs, made bunny projects and received a special visit from a mysterious bunny who left behind treats for the kids. A Sekili
- From left, Georgianna Powers, Ryan Jones, Yvonne Jones, Lauren Jones. This picture was taken at Community Park in Mundelein where MBSA is constructing a Red Monster home run fence in memory of Mike Jones with donations received from many, many supporters. Abby Nierman
Picture of newly crowned Ms. Wheelchair, Illinois
Danielle Austin. She will be making her inaugural appearance at the EHLS Open House April 24 at 210 W Campus Drive, Suite B, Arlington Heights, and will be signing autographs and answering questions. Danielle Austin
Pasquale's Pizzeria & Delicatessen recently took 7th place in the world with this stuffed Crust BLT Pizza
Come get one for yourself at 1506 W Algonquin Road in Palatine IL 60067; 847-221-5922 Pasquale's Pizzeria & Delicatessen
- The women's team for Red Dot Arms participates in Lake Villa water fights
- Dr. Ulwyn Pierre, the global radio talk show host of Leadership Success and You to speak at June 7 Small Business Success in Lake County event. Register at www.SmallBusinessSuccessinLakeCounty.com SBDC
- Star player Munoz Jr. #23 runs for a big gain against the Grayslake Colts in Round Lake Park District Flyweight Football David Davenport
- St. Mary of the Annunciation School in Mundelein held traditional May Crowning ceremony today. The students participated in a ceremony to honor the Virgin Mary as the "Queen of May." Fifth graders placed a crown of flowers on the statue of Mary. Jean Simpson
- Fr. Ron Gollatz, crossing guard for the first day of school, welcomes families to Transfiguration Elementary School in Wauconda. Fr. Ron Gollatz assists Nathan Christiansen and his mom. Jean Simpson
- Spring has sprung at the Prairie Crossing Learning Farm in Grayslake. Seedlings are growing in the greenhouse in preparation for the May 18 Farm Connections Plant Sale. Erin Cummisford
- A beautiful sunrise in 2012 Stephani Schweda-Jerard
"Who's Got Talent?"
Students at St. Mary of the Annunciation School in Mundelein have lots of talent. At the annual
school talent show, kindergarten through fifth grade students entertained the crowd with song, dance,
music, comedy and other talents. The show received rave reviews from faculty, parents, grandparents,
and classmates. St. Mary of the Annunciation School
- Members of the Friends of Clearbrook Committee take a break between flights of wine to pose at Clearbrooks 49th Annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting that took place on February 23, 2013 at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. The event drew nearly 400 people. Chicago Corporate Photography
More Round Lake News
- Round Lake Sports
- Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week
- Peloza, Burba power Grayslake Central to third place
- Images from the IHSA Class 3A third place and championship baseball games
- St. Francis tackles tall task vs. Grayslake Central
- Images: St. Charles East vs. Libertyville State Semifinal Baseball
- Images: Neuqua Valley vs. Mt. Carmel State Semifinal Baseball
- Images: St. Francis vs.Grayslake Central State Semifinal Baseball
- Baseball: Lake County all-area team
- Round Lake Business
- Have coffee with state Rep. Yingling
- Lake County networking event:
- Free business needs workshop
- Round Lake Entertainment
- Money missing from Parkinson’s event
- District 116 clinic would offer contraceptives