Communities » Bensenville Area News
Dawn Patrol: Two ‘suspicious’ deaths in Beach Park; Dist. 41 parents say fees too highTwo 'suspicious' deaths in Beach Park. Parents say Dist. 41 fees are too high. Glen Ellyn-area fire under investigation. Forest district's new vehicle produces no noise, no emissions. University of Chicago calls off classes today. Some days, sports not easy to watch, Rozner writes. Bulls playing Spurs tonight.Last Updated Nov 30, 2015 5:51 AM
10 stories you might have missed over the weekendPosted Nov 30, 2015 5:00 AM
10 Daily Herald stories you might have missed over the weekend, including the news that the typical house fire in the suburbs burns faster, hotter and more dangerously than ever before.
Bail set for West Chicago man charged with killing cousinUpdated Nov 29, 2015 3:51 PM
A DuPage County judge set bail at $2 million this morning for a 19-year-old man accused in the fatal shooting of his cousin near West Chicago earlier this month.
Former COD Foundation employee alleges gender discriminationUpdated Nov 25, 2015 4:14 PM
A former College of DuPage Foundation employee alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was discriminated against by his female supervisors for being the only male employee in his department.
State’s attorney investigating police-involved shooting in LisleUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:50 PM
The investigation into the Oct. 10 fatal shooting of a burglary suspect by a Lisle police officer is now in the hands of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.
DuPage County approves budget that cuts 10 sheriff’s office jobsUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:39 PM
In a move strongly criticized by Sheriff John Zaruba, DuPage County Board members on Tuesday approved a $444.4 million budget for the coming fiscal year that eliminates 10 full-time positions at the sheriff’s office.
Elburn seeks site for overpass linking forest preservesPosted Nov 24, 2015 10:00 AM
As mentioned last week, Elburn will soon have an Anderson Road bridge that will help residents get over the train tracks if they choose that option over Main Street.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
Residents, Bensenville agree to water project studyUpdated Nov 26, 2015 1:02 PM
After spending a year objecting to Bensenville’s plan to replace their unincorporated neighborhood’s aging water system, White Pines residents finally have found common ground with village officials.
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
Recently shared by others
- Tom Cullerton works to return gas tax money to DuPage County
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- More Than 130 Participants Gather for Student Success Symposium
- Courier TV Receives Two Illinois Broadcast Association Silver Dome Awards
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- COD Chaparral Gridders Face Arizona Western College Matadors in El Toro Bowl Dec. 5
- COD to Host 14th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Dec. 2
- College of DuPage Selects Presidential Search Firm
- College of DuPage Toys for Tots Collection Nov. 23 to Dec. 9
- College of DuPage 2015 ‘Speak-Off’ Winners
Bensenville house fire 1pm 03/15/2013
202 s. MASOM Daniel Giampaolo
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Many distinguished guests such as State Representative Kathleen Willis, Village of Bensenville President Frank Soto and Board of Trustees Morris Bartlett, Susan Janowiak, Bob Jarecki, JoEllen Ridder, and Henry Wesseler as well as owner/operator Dennis & Cathy Cha and Bensenville Chamber President Chuck Rizzo were on hand Tuesday, August 23 for a ribbon cutting at a new McDonald’s located at 302 W Irving Park Road in Bensenville Village of Bensenville
More Bensenville News
- Bensenville Sports
- A different kind of college achievers
- Quality is the rule in competitive league
- Glenbard South, St. Edward renew West quest
- Elgin starts with win over Fenton
- Firearm deer hunting starts in Illinois
- Bensenville Business
- Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts
- Closing arguments to begin Monday in Burr Ridge real estate agent’s trial
- Prosecutors: Burr Ridge broker accused of theft risked losing franchise
- Burr Ridge real estate broker accused of stealing earnest money
- Bensenville Entertainment
- Holiday Magic taking shape in Bensenville
- Bensenville Opinion
- Editorial: Bigotry against Muslims is no answer to ISIS terrorism
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- Honoring Our Past, Shaping Our Future
- 41.958043, -87.945773
- DuPage County