Communities » Medinah Area News
Recently shared by others
- Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowd
- What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5
- Warrenville karate team places at national tournament
- Roselle Artisan Handcrafts Hot Rod Cremation Urns
- First Early Bird Drawing Deadline is February 21 for $1.6 Million Dream Home or $1.3 Million in Cash
- West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Extends Deadline for Art Banner Submissions
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
- I took this picture while on the Meachem Grove Forest Preserve's forest trail. In the mud was a very large paw print from what appeared to have been from a large cat. Ron L.
- World War II veteran Patrick Granahan of Elmhurst enjoyed a special 90th birthday celebration at Culver's of Lombard on Monday. A Culver's representative Mr. Granahan during his Honor Flight Chicago trip to the National World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. in April. Pictured (l-r) are Patrick Granahan, Terry Granahan, Meg Granahan, Joe Feminis of Culver's, Scott Martenson of Culver's and Rich Granahan. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
Elgin Theatre Company proudly presents their September show, Ken Ludwig?s The Fox on the Fairway! Performances of this raucous comedy will run from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater in Elgin, IL. This is ETC?s first production of the 2013-2014 season. An accessible performance for the deaf and hearing impaired will be available on Sunday, September 15, at the 2pm show. Anyone who would like seats near to the interpreter is encouraged to reserve tickets in advance.
Bingham, the president of the Quail Valley Country Club, is in a difficult position. Justin, his new assistant, is in love with Louise, a waitress at the club. Bingham has also discovered the golfer he thought would play for his club in the annual tournament has been recruited by his counterpart and nemesis from the opposing club, Dickie. The huge bet he had foolishly wagered is now likely to be lost. Fortunately, he discovers that Justin is actually a good golfer and finagles a quick membership so Justin can play for his team. Justin gains a huge lead but then learns that Louise has lost the engagement ring he gave her and he comes unglued. Justin goes on to lose his lead, and breaks his arm. Bingham is desperate, and the appearance of his wife complicates the matter, as she catches him much too close to Pamela, the sex-starved Vice President of Quail Valley. Can Bingham find a replacement for Justin to win the game, win the wager, and get his life in order?
The cast features Edward Duncan of Elk Grove Village, Kim Green of South Elgin, Scott Neidl of Carol Stream, Henry Honshul and Melynda Benjamin of Elgin, and Miriam Mikhael of Northbrook. The ASL Interpreter for the September 15th show is Andrew Ross of Carpentersville. The play is directed by Frank Del Giudice and is produced by Linda Collins and Edward Duncan.
Performances will be held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 6th to the 22nd at the Kimball Street Theater of the Elgin Academy. Show times are 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 2pm on Sundays. The theater is located at the northeast corner of Kimball Street and Dundee Avenue in downtown Elgin.
Tickets are $15/adults and $12/seniors and youths. Group rates are available. For reservations or more information, please call 847-741-0532, email email@example.com or visit www.elgin-theatre.org. Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency. This program is funded in part by a grant from the City of Elgin and the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission. Ed Duncan
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
- Ray Strzewski and Kara Altman enjoy dancing at the Itasca Country Club on Friday. Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Talent Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Top:Kelley Murphy, Saanvi Gupte, Nicki Spangler, Jenna Rajewski Bottom:Emily O'Hara,Michele Gurrieri at Studio during Rehearsal. Kelly O'Hara
- Jeena Greenwalt(l), Director of NEDSRA, and Nora Sandoval, also from NEDSRA, salsa the afternoon away at the Hispanic Families of NEDSRA Summer Fiesta this past weekend. Bruce Flowers
- Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through 60 delightful wines at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting on February 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Chicago Corporate Photography
- Joe Buttice, past commander of Tioga VFW Post 2149 in Wood Dale gives words of praise and inspiration at the Veteran's Day celebration on November 9, 2013. Ellen Hart
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.981389, -88.051111