Communities » Hinsdale Area News
Decorated Army veteran pleads guilty to child porn chargesA Downers Grove man and decorated Army veteran was sentenced Wednesday to 180 days in DuPage County jail and 30 months of sex offender probation.Last Updated Mar 22, 2017 3:19 PM
Community colleges to share career programsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Community college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.
Hanover Park man facing child porn chargesUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:08 PM
A Hanover Park man is being held on $100,000 bail after being charged in a child pornography investigation.
4 charged in Aurora underage hotel sex stingUpdated Mar 21, 2017 2:35 PM
Four people have been charged with traveling to an Aurora hotel March 10 to have sex with a child or children for money.
Two trustees running for Roselle village presidentUpdated Mar 20, 2017 10:52 AM
Two sitting Roselle trustees are vying for the village’s top elected post to replace retiring Village President Gayle Smolinski, who is stepping down after 24 years. Wayne Domke has served on the village board for six years and Andrew “Andy” Maglio has served for eight years.
McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, morePosted Mar 20, 2017 6:00 AM
A wide variety of music and some classic movies will highlight the 2017 Lakeside Pavilion Free Outdoor Summer Series sponsored by the McAninch Arts Center on the Glen Ellyn campus of the College of DuPage.
Girls soccer: New role seems to suit Naperville North's Krause wellUpdated Mar 18, 2017 6:40 PM
Naperville North defeated Hinsdale Central in the teams’ girls soccer season opener.
Fremd 2nd, Hinsdale Central 3rd at KrupickaUpdated Mar 17, 2017 11:16 PM
Fremd finished second behind Lyons Twp. at the Krupicka Invitational, with host Hinsdale Central third.
Glen Ellyn, COD putting feud behind themUpdated Mar 17, 2017 4:16 PM
Disagreements between College of DuPage and Glen Ellyn about electronic signs and other issues resulted in DuPage County accepting regulatory control over the school’s campus in 2012. Now there’s a proposal to return that authority back to Glen Ellyn.
- Campton hopefuls differ on Fox Mill open space
- Woman charged with forging petitions to get on College of DuPage ballot
- Scouting DuPage County baseball
- Sentencing begins for Aurora man who touched women’s feet
- Voting early? Check out our online election guide
- Nothing says spring like a newt
- What will Kane County forest district’s $50 million buy?
Recently shared by others
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Family Tree DNA founder Bennett Greenspan to speak at Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois meeting in Northbrook
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
- Ferrara Candy Company goes zero waste
- Former CIA officer to discuss national security, global terrorism at Benedictine
- COD Board of Trustees Votes to Keep Tuition Flat for the Next Year
- College of DuPage Board of Trustees Approves New Intergovernmental Agreement with Village of Glen Ellyn
- DuPage State’s Attorney supports Sen. Nybo’s legislation in committee
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- More than 20 dance groups, including 13 different ethnic dance groups, will participate in this year’s third annual 2014 World Dance Day. The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Auditorium at Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago. Tickets for 2014 World Dance Day are $20 for adults and $10 for seniors, children and students with identification and are available at the door or by calling 773-463-1619. Chicago Music and Dance International
- Emily Holewczynski of Western Springs and her 13-week-old daughter Eileen, were featured on the runway in fashions created for them by Palatine designer Megan Smith at the Fashion Forward Mixed Ability Fashion Show on May 2 in Greektown. The event at the National Hellenic Museum benefited Tellin' Tales Theatre, which seeks to shatter barriers between the disabled and able-bodied communities through the transformative power of personal story. Jennifer Frankfurter
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
More Hinsdale News
- Hinsdale Sports
- Girls soccer: New role seems to suit Naperville North's Krause well
- Fremd 2nd, Hinsdale Central 3rd at Krupicka
- Scouting DuPage County baseball
- Hinsdale Business
- College of DuPage offers building automation systems certificate
- Hinsdale fears loss of tollway oasis
- Hinsdale Entertainment
- McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, more
- Hinsdale Opinion
- COD endorsements: Fenne, Markwell for board of trustees
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hinsdale Central High School
- 55th & Grant St.
Hinsdale, Il 60521
- Red Devils
- Hinsdale South High School
- 7401 Clarendon Hills Rd.
Darien, Il 60561
- Lyons Township High School
- 100 S. Brainard Av.
LaGrange, Il 60525
- Royal Blue/Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Reaching for the Future, Rooted in the Past
- 60521, 60522, 60523
- 41.80058, -87.928335
- DuPage County