Communities » Hinsdale Area News
$1 million bail set for two in drug-induced homicide caseTwo men were ordered held on $1 million bail over the weekend on charges in connection with the January drug overdose death of an Addison man, according to the DuPage County state’s attorney’s office.Last Updated Feb 19, 2017 3:36 PM
Carbon monoxide scare sends four to Naperville hospitalUpdated Feb 18, 2017 3:35 PM
A faulty water heater was to blame for an early morning carbon monoxide scare in Naperville that sent four people to the hospital Saturday morning.
Hinsdale Central has a big dayUpdated Feb 18, 2017 8:44 PM
Hinsdale Central took first, York third and Glenbard West-South co-op fourth at the Downers Grove South boys swimming sectional.
Coyote carcasses dumped in Kane forest preserveUpdated Feb 17, 2017 4:42 PM
Coyote carcasses found in a Kane County forest preserve were likely dumped by a hunter or trapper, police chief says.
West Chicago man convicted in fiery fatal DUI crashUpdated Feb 16, 2017 6:37 PM
Omar Montoya Medina, of West Chicago, faces between three and 14 years in prison for driving drunk and causing a fiery crash that killed a Warrenville man in the late hours of Dec. 5, 2014. Medina was traveling 100 mph with a blood-alcohol concentration more than twice the legal limit.
DuComm to improve and move into DuPage’s former youth homeUpdated Feb 15, 2017 4:32 PM
A 911 dispatch center that serves 45 police and fire agencies in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by fall 2018.
Suspect in Bloomingdale slaying now claiming self-defenseUpdated Feb 15, 2017 8:00 AM
Attorneys for a Hinsdale business man charged with the shooting death of a former professional basketball player now say the shooting was self-defense. Jeffrey Keller's attorney, Paul Moreschi, told DuPage County Judge George Bakalis Tuesday that the theory he hopes to prove at the May 16 trial is that the victim was the aggressor in a confrontation immediately before the shooting.
Suburban teachers among 34 Golden Apple finalistsUpdated Feb 13, 2017 4:45 PM
Golden Apple named its 34 finalists Monday for its annual Excellence in Teaching awards, a list that includes more than a dozen teachers from the North, Northwest and West suburbs.
Kane County Forest Preserves offer antidote to digital worldPosted Feb 13, 2017 3:39 PM
Upcoming programs at the Forest Preserve District of Kane County can help to pull kids -- and adults -- away from staring at screens and electronic devices.
- Meeting to review extension of Great Western Trail
- DuPage Democrats opposing proposed merger of county offices
Recently shared by others
- Apply for manufacturing scholarship by March 31
- Lecture examines Catholic Worker movement founder and her conversion
- Give a pint, get a St. Patrick’s Day-themed T-shirt by donating blood March 5-19
- Choral-Aires Chorus: “Everyone’s a Winner”
- BenU president’s “Night for Day: The XP Story” sheds light on rare skin disorder
- Nybo Agrees with Governor’s Call for Stronger Property Tax Relief; Remains Opposed to New Taxes on Retirement Income, Groceries, and Medicine
- Benedictine selects James Payne as new Provost
- Naperville Sunrise Rotary St. Patty’s Day 5K Registration Under Way Run to benefit Teen Mental Health Early Intervention
- Lake County 4-H Presents 4-H International Festival
- Dancing, tasting and crafting for all at the Bartlett Library
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- More than 20 dance groups, including 13 different ethnic dance groups, will participate in this year’s third annual 2014 World Dance Day. The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Auditorium at Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago. Tickets for 2014 World Dance Day are $20 for adults and $10 for seniors, children and students with identification and are available at the door or by calling 773-463-1619. Chicago Music and Dance International
- Emily Holewczynski of Western Springs and her 13-week-old daughter Eileen, were featured on the runway in fashions created for them by Palatine designer Megan Smith at the Fashion Forward Mixed Ability Fashion Show on May 2 in Greektown. The event at the National Hellenic Museum benefited Tellin' Tales Theatre, which seeks to shatter barriers between the disabled and able-bodied communities through the transformative power of personal story. Jennifer Frankfurter
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
More Hinsdale News
- Hinsdale Sports
- Hinsdale Central has a big day
- Glenbard West hands Hinsdale Central its first league loss
- Hinsdale Central denies Benet comeback bid
- Naperville Central moving in the right direction
- Hinsdale Business
- Workshop to focus on IT workforce’s future
- COD offers new building systems automation program
- Hinsdale Entertainment
- Find ideas at Old House New House Home Show in St. Charles
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hinsdale Central High School
- 55th & Grant St.
Hinsdale, Il 60521
- Red Devils
- Hinsdale South High School
- 7401 Clarendon Hills Rd.
Darien, Il 60561
- Lyons Township High School
- 100 S. Brainard Av.
LaGrange, Il 60525
- Royal Blue/Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Reaching for the Future, Rooted in the Past
- 60521, 60522, 60523
- 41.80058, -87.928335
- DuPage County