Communities » Hinsdale Area News
Boys tennis: Tournament takes its toll on DuPage athletesThe only DuPage County athletes to advance to the boys state tennis semifinals were Hinsdale Central doubles partners Michael Czlonka and Nick Calzolano, who have yet to go to a third set in the tournament.Last Updated May 27, 2016 5:49 PM
Baseball: Neuqua Valley, ICCP, Downers North winUpdated May 26, 2016 10:40 PM
Here’s a roundup of Thursday’s baseball action in DuPage County.
Baseball: Hinsdale Central rallies to beat Metea ValleyUpdated May 26, 2016 9:23 PM
Despite giving up the first 5 runs of the game, Hinsdale Central rallied to defeat Metea Valley 9-7 in a Class 4A Metea Valley baseall regional semifinal.
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
Boys track: Neuqua Valley again has high hopesUpdated May 25, 2016 11:03 PM
Like many suitors, Neuqua Valley has its eye on a boys state track championship
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Clerk injured in Aurora armed robberyUpdated May 24, 2016 5:03 PM
A 60-year-old gas station attendant was struck in the head with a gun during an early morning armed robbery in Aurora.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
College of DuPage looking to keep tuition, taxes flatUpdated May 22, 2016 10:57 PM
College of DuPage officials are planning to keep tuition flat and hold the line on property taxes during the next fiscal year, even though the school is expecting to get zero financial support from the state.
- How DuPage will commemorate Memorial Day
- Baseball: Top 20
- Lester: Where will suburban homeless go after Journeys cuts?
Recently shared by others
- Movement mattered at The Birches this May
- Author, former Notre Dame swimmer to talk about recovery, faith
- A safer summer starts now: Water safety tips for Memorial Day
- Glen Ellyn Park District Announces Teen & Tween Lineup
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- More than 20 dance groups, including 13 different ethnic dance groups, will participate in this year’s third annual 2014 World Dance Day. The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Auditorium at Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago. Tickets for 2014 World Dance Day are $20 for adults and $10 for seniors, children and students with identification and are available at the door or by calling 773-463-1619. Chicago Music and Dance International
- Emily Holewczynski of Western Springs and her 13-week-old daughter Eileen, were featured on the runway in fashions created for them by Palatine designer Megan Smith at the Fashion Forward Mixed Ability Fashion Show on May 2 in Greektown. The event at the National Hellenic Museum benefited Tellin' Tales Theatre, which seeks to shatter barriers between the disabled and able-bodied communities through the transformative power of personal story. Jennifer Frankfurter
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
More Hinsdale News
- Hinsdale Sports
- Boys tennis: Tournament takes its toll on DuPage athletes
- Baseball: Neuqua Valley, ICCP, Downers North win
- Baseball: Hinsdale Central rallies to beat Metea Valley
- Boys track: Neuqua Valley again has high hopes
- Baseball: Top 20
- Baseball: Top 20
- Baseball: Waubonsie Valley, Willowbrook, St. Francis win
- Why community colleges want live mascots
- Hinsdale Entertainment
- Buffalo Theatre Ensemble returning to College of DuPage
- ‘Neither Wolf Nor Dog’ inspires, sparks disussion
- Hinsdale Opinion
- Getting COD back on track
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hinsdale Central High School
- 55th & Grant St.
Hinsdale, Il 60521
- Red Devils
- Hinsdale South High School
- 7401 Clarendon Hills Rd.
Darien, Il 60561
- Lyons Township High School
- 100 S. Brainard Av.
LaGrange, Il 60525
- Royal Blue/Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Reaching for the Future, Rooted in the Past
- 60521, 60522, 60523
- 41.80058, -87.928335
- DuPage County