Activate Your Free
Hancock to share life lessons in NapervilleHerbie Hancock, who appears at 7 p.m. Thursday at North Central College’s Wentz Concert Hall in Naperville, doesn’t begin or end his newly published memoir “Possibilities” by recalling any of the many highlights in his...Last Updated Oct 30, 2014 7:28 AM
Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Galway Kinnell diesUpdated Oct 30, 2014 10:52 AM
Galway Kinnell, the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet who opened up American verse in the 1960s and beyond through his forceful, spiritual takes on the outsiders and underside of contemporary life, has died at age 87.
Bradbury storytelling fest:Updated Oct 29, 2014 5:51 PM
Tickets are on sale for the ninth annual Ray Bradbury Storytelling Festival, “Literary Halloween,” Friday at the Genesee Theatre in downtown Waukegan.
‘The Killer Next Door’ is gripping mysteryUpdated Oct 29, 2014 7:17 AM
Desperation brings six people to a decaying Victorian apartment house where the tenants’ desolation pales in comparison with one neighbor’s despicable acts. Alex Marwood’s second stand-alone novel delivers a multilayered plot that...
- More articles
- Coco Rocha showcases the art of posing in new book
- New book offers ‘Game of Thrones’ back story
- ‘Time Out of Mind’ is rich study on Dylan
- Book notes: Kiss’ Gene Simmons signs ‘Me, Inc.’ at Tivoli
- TV pioneer and sitcom king Norman Lear pens a book
- Rowling writes back story of Potter character
- Learn how to write realistic crime novels
- 'Gray Mountain' won't disappoint Grisham fans
- 'Superstorm' crafts narrative from Sandy's wrath
- Couple finds a lost spark in ‘Brightwell’
- Harris’ atypical life is now atypical book
- Book notes: Mario Batali intros new book at Tivoli
- Exhibition probes the mystery of Sherlock Holmes
- ‘The Glass Cage’ is an absorbing read
- Australians cheer Flanagan’s Booker Prize win
- Tory Burch book gives look at what inspires her
- Coming of age during the Depression
- Easy Street was a bumpy ride for Ron Perlman
- ‘Truth Be Told’ has drama, romance, humor
- Rapper Waka Flocka Flame arrested with gun at airport
- ‘Full Measure’ is realistic on every level
More inside "Entertainment"
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- Party funding pours into 62nd District
- Lake Forest Hospital project gets boost from John Hughes' family
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489) RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245)
- JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.