Activate Your Free
Author Erik Larson speaking at College of DuPageThe best-selling author of “The Devil in the White City,” Erik Larson, will talk about his latest work and answer questions during an appearance Tuesday evening at the College of DuPage’s McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn. Larson,...Last Updated Nov 9, 2015 5:04 PM
Fox Lake students learn how to be heroes every dayUpdated Nov 24, 2015 6:09 PM
Heroes aren’t only found on movie and television screens, or even just in the pages of his books, author Tim Shoemaker told students Tuesday at Stanton School in Fox Lake on Tuesday. Instead, the writer from Rolling Meadows told nearly 170 middle...
Jeff Tweedy writing ‘funny, disarming and honest memoir’Posted Nov 23, 2015 6:00 AM
Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy, one of rock’s most celebrated and eclectic musicians, is working on a memoir. The currently untitled book, tracing his journey from young Clash fan to Grammy-winning artist, has been acquired by Dutton.
Author appearances: Renee Rosen signs ‘White Collar Girl’ at Anderson’sPosted Nov 21, 2015 7:20 AM
Meet best-selling author Renee Rosen as she signs copies of her latest novel, “White Collar Girl,” at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 23, at Anderson’s Bookshop in La Grange.
- More articles
- Author celebrates 'Polar Express' anniversary in Naperville
- Sarah Palin to sign copies of her book in Naperville
- Shonda Rhimes’ ‘Year of Yes’ and the price of breaking barriers
- Author appearances: Paula Deen, Kathy Garver come to burbs to sign books
- Book details mission to reunite Holocaust survivors
- District 214 students share immigrant experiences with “One Book” author
- ‘Jack Reacher’ creator visits Arlington Heights book club
- Erik Larson discusses latest book at College of DuPage
- Samantha Bee to appear at Chicago's BookCon in 2016
- Will Smith says he will tour with DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Author appearances: Rainn Wilson discusses ‘Bassoon King’ Nov. 13 in Naperville
- Why ‘it’s easy to get caught up’ in new Glen Ellyn history book
- ‘Still Alice’ author speaks about Alzheimer’s in Arlington Heights
- Quirky new book covers science, history of standing in line
- Larson talks ‘Lusitania’ at COD
- Actress Charlotte Rae tells ‘The Facts of My Life’ in memoir
- Author appearances: Joelle Charbonneau signs new thriller at Naperville’s Anderson’s
- Laura Bush and daughter Jenna co-writing children’s book
More inside "Entertainment"
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
- Meet the tattoo-covered greeter who charms Wal-Mart shoppers
- Woman who credited eating Portillo's for longevity dies at age 100
- Is Halo 5 really a blockbuster?
- Special Report: Gliniewicz's final hours as he staged his 'hero' cop death
- Blackhawks pull out amazing 3-2 win
- Chicago Bears' rookies doing just fine
- DeWyze concert a big hit with Elk Grove crowd
- Free community college plan in Chicago costs $3 million
- Small businesses need your help
- Baby Face Nelson-Battle of Barrington witness: Re-enactors got it right
- Palin cancels Naperville book-signing appearance
- Boys basketball: Wednesday, Nov. 25 scoreboard
- How to watch Libertyville High football team's title game
- Breaking down this weekend's IHSA football title games
- The problems veterans face in the professional workplace
- Authorities: Man caught with more than 8 pounds of marijuana on I-90
- Baby Face Nelson-Battle of Barrington witness: 'We were scared to death'
- New videos show Chicago cop pursuing teen before shooting
- Elk Grove principal, dressed as turkey, jumps into pool
- Girls basketball: Wednesday, Nov. 25 scoreboard
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - SDI is a leader in innovative dental materials used by dentists worldwide. We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Representative who can seamlessly integrate into our dynamic environment and play an active role in helping us upgrade our level of customer service, product goods shipment (and corresponding data entry), and overall customer experience. This position is located in our North American Headquarters in Itasca, Illinois. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in customer service excellence, as well as strong ERP and CRM experience. Role To provide service and support to our customers and United States and Canadian based sales teams. Duties and Responsibilities Respond to and follow up sales and service inquiries from our customers and sales teams Order entry, invoicing and warranty tracking Answers product inquiries with the aim of increasing sales Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support Liaises with sales team to ensure customer satisfaction Supports internal and external sales team Investigates and actions any customer complaints, product returns or warranty issues Assists in carrying out direct marketing activities Maintains and updates customer database using Act! Software Sales reporting Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills Monitor and report stock level issues Other duties as required Please contact Julie Gonzalez at SDI North America -847-287-6090 or email resume at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4423794) BOOKKEEPER - A-P, A-R, bank recs, deposits. Knowledge of Peachtree, Timeslips, Excel and Word. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4424917) DRIVER - Route,M-f,overtime.Good pay and benefits. Apply in person.MasterBrew 2350 Foster Wheeling email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4425855)
- PEDIATRIC NURSE - Lactation Consultant, RN Summary: Under the supervision of the Physicians/Manager or other designee, The Lactation Consultant position provides breastfeeding support to both outpatients in our pediatric office and rounds on our in-patients in the Mother Baby Unit and the NICU at Northwest Community Hospital. Serves as an expert consultant to maternal-child staff, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the management of breastfeeding. Provides expert care in lactation management according to the IBLCE Standards of Practice for IBCLC Lactation Consultants. Participates in program development and implementation of activ- ities, prenatal/postnatal education, consultation and resource devel- opment. Promote human milk and breastfeeding, protect and support breast- feeding mothers, to help mothers initiate and maintain lactation and prevent complications/problems, and to enhance maternal role satisfaction and help ensure mothers achieve their breastfeeding goals. Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment. Experience: 1-2 years Nursing experience in an office or hospital At least 1 year Breastfeeding Education / Lactation Consulting experience Certifications / Licensure: IL State Registered Nurse (RN) License required International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) required Special Skills: Must be able to utilize independent decision-making skills in a wide variety of situations. Requires a high degree of accuracy in the performance of varied responsibilities. Personal computer skills required. Must be self-motivated to complete work in a timely manner to meet deadlines To apply for this opportunity please e-mail your resume and CV to: email@example.com or fax it to: 847-398-2534 (id:4425591) WAREHOUSE/SHIPPING/RECEIVING - Skokie manufacturer looking for individual to be responsible for shipping-receiving, inventory control and general shop cleanliness. Heavy work at times. Forklift experience a plus. Strong work ethic and communication skills a must. Will train. The right person will eventually be included in production. Easy hours, benefits, $13-hour. Apply in person. Mullen Circle Brand 3514 West Touhy Skokie, IL 60076 847-676-1880. (id:4425177) MEDICAL ASSISTANT - FT MA for busy practice, willing to work varied hours and offices. Resumes only firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4425854)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.