Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Teens killed in McHenry crash had passion for automotive repairTwo of the three 18-year-olds who died in a car crash in McHenry County are being remembered for their passion for working on and souping up trucks — a passion that ended too soon.Last Updated Nov 28, 2015 5:44 PM
3 die in single-car crash in McHenry County areaPosted Nov 28, 2015 1:00 AM
Three teenagers are dead after a single-car crash Friday afternoon in unincorporated McHenry County. According to a news release from the McHenry County coroner’s office, the vehicle was traveling south around 2:11 p.m. Friday at 1308 S. Lily Lake Road when it left the roadway, traveled down into a ravine and landed on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
Dawn Patrol: Two ‘suspicious’ deaths in Beach Park; Dist. 41 parents say fees too highUpdated Nov 30, 2015 5:51 AM
Two 'suspicious' deaths in Beach Park. Parents say Dist. 41 fees are too high. Glen Ellyn-area fire under investigation. Forest district's new vehicle produces no noise, no emissions. University of Chicago calls off classes today. Some days, sports not easy to watch, Rozner writes. Bulls playing Spurs tonight.
10 stories you might have missed over the weekendPosted Nov 30, 2015 5:00 AM
10 Daily Herald stories you might have missed over the weekend, including the news that the typical house fire in the suburbs burns faster, hotter and more dangerously than ever before.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
South Elgin H.S. auto club 7th in national competitionUpdated Nov 24, 2015 1:00 PM
The South Elgin High School Auto Club earned seventh place at the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge earlier this month in Las Vegas.
Small business seminar set at McHenry County CollegeUpdated Nov 24, 2015 12:54 PM
Registration is under way for The Illinois Small Business Development Center’s “Starting a Business in Illinois,” scheduled for 6-8 p.m. Dec. 1 at the McHenry County College Shah Center, 4100 W. Shamrock Lane, McHenry.
Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby caseUpdated Nov 24, 2015 5:58 AM
Armed robbery in Aurora might be related to 4 others. Parents get 5 years in Barrington starvation case. Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts. Elk Grove's flood control project delayed. Bulls’ challenge is how to use McDermott. Short workweek for Bears before Green Bay game.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Faith Lutheran Church celebrates 10 years of their Grass Lake campus
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- Girl Scouts seeks award nominations for local volunteers
- Chicago Botanic Garden joins #GivingTuesday movement
- Local Groups Partner to Organize World AIDS Day Event Dec. 1
- Health Department Encourages Residents to Take Steps to Avoid Diabetes
- 77 percent of U.S. consumers are planning to ‘Shop Small’ this holiday season
- ‘Triple Your Giving’ benefits Northern Illinois Food Bank Nov. 22-28
- Lotus School collects letters for the troops
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at email@example.com Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
More Spring Grove News
- Spring Grove Business
- Small business seminar set at McHenry County College
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589