Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Report: Off-duty Woodstock cop charged with DUI in Round Lake crashAn off-duty Woodstock police officer was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and driving too fast for conditions after a Feb. 11 crash into a utlity pole in Round Lake.Last Updated Feb 23, 2017 3:43 PM
Enjoy this weather while it lastsUpdated Feb 23, 2017 8:48 AM
Enjoy the balmy weather while it lasts. Saturday’s forecast calls for snow. You remember snow, right?
MCC board candidates discuss online growth, state fundingUpdated Feb 22, 2017 11:33 PM
McHenry County College board candidates agree increasing online learning opportunities and catering to nontraditional students are key to the college’s future growth. They also weighed in on state funding for higher education.
Local sheriffs air concerns on deportationsUpdated Feb 22, 2017 7:35 PM
Suburban authorities’ reactions range from ambivalence to defiance over the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s plans for a massive deportation effort that includes deputizing local police to assist.
Former Oakwood Hills man faces child porn chargesUpdated Feb 21, 2017 6:17 PM
Robert T. Rado, formerly of Oakwood Hills, faces felony charges after police traced downloaded child pornography to the 50-year-old’s computer, officials say.
Constable: Suburban musician, piano-tuner wins GrammyUpdated Feb 20, 2017 1:17 PM
Musician and piano-tuner Matt Ponio of Island Lake needs to update his resume after being part of a Grammy-winning team.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- February Is National Senior Independence Month
- Tom Cullerton works to end legislators’ retirement system
- COD Receives FY 2017 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from GFOA
- COD College Theater Presents ‘The Ballad of the Sad Café’ March 2 to 19
- COD Offers Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exams, Typing Test Pro Exam
- COD to Host Sustainability Film and Discussion Series This Spring
- Tom Cullerton launches petition to stand up against taxing senior citizens’ retirement income
- State University Transfer Day to be Held Feb. 22
- Creative Writing Committee Seeking Submissions for ‘Emerging Voices’ Writing Contest
- COD to Host STEMinar Series: Dr. Christina Dunbar-Hester
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
More Spring Grove News
- Spring Grove Business
- Constable: Suburban musician, piano-tuner wins Grammy
- Spring Grove Entertainment
- Constable: Suburban musician, piano-tuner wins Grammy
- Fox Lake Polar Plunge
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589