Communities » Spring Grove Area News
10 stories you might have missed this weekendThe Suburban Rundown debuts. Geneva woman seeks online help to fund divorce. Lindenhurst father, daughter die in crash. Wheaton College grad has dedicated life to fighting poverty. West Chicago woman sentenced. Stanley Cup comes back to Elk Grove Village. Former first lady of Naperville dies. Father, son die of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. District 23, teachers to continue meeting with mediator. Search for Palatine dog turns to Facebook.Last Updated Aug 31, 2015 5:55 AM
Dense fog advisory in place until 9 a.m.Updated Aug 31, 2015 6:42 AM
A dense fog advisory is in place for the Chicago area until 9 a.m.
Dawn Patrol: Arrieta no-hits Dodgers; Lindenhurst teen rememberedUpdated Aug 31, 2015 5:58 AM
Arrieta holds Dodgers hitless. Lindenhurst teen remembered for her spirit. American Indian veterans gather at Cantigny. Hitzeman says common sense prevails with 'rape kit' law. Namesake of Mt. Prospect business dies at 87. Sox rally in 11 to beat Mariners.
Dawn Patrol: Antioch woman charged in hit-and-run; missing Algonquin dog found after 15 daysUpdated Aug 27, 2015 5:48 AM
Antioch woman charged in fatal hit-and-run. Missing Algonquin dog, Wrigley, found safe after 15 days. Kane County planning for possible state income tax shortfall. What’s next for nearly-vacant Wheeling shopping mall? Geneva man pleads guilty in DUI crash that killed two in Naperville. Police say Mt. Prospect woman walked around gates before being struck by train.
Dawn Patrol: Man killed in Wauconda robbery had BB gun, police say; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. ProspectUpdated Aug 26, 2015 5:45 AM
Officials say man killed in Wauconda robbery carrying BB gun; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. Prospect; DuPage may discuss using bailiffs for court security to save money; Striking Barrington High janitors say restore pay and we'll negotiate; Algonquin man accused of sex toy attack at haunted house gets probation and fine; Addison man says vicious attack was over $50 debt.
Duckworth, Foster, undecided on Iran dealUpdated Aug 25, 2015 3:05 PM
Democratic U.S. Reps. Bill Foster of Naperville and Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates remain undecided about the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran, with other suburban members of Congress largely split along party lines.
Dawn Patrol: Body found along I-290; industrial building burns near Elk GroveUpdated Aug 25, 2015 5:46 AM
Body found along eastbound I-290 identified as Plainfield man. Industrial building near Elk Grove Village burns. Robbery attempted at Batavia AT&T store. North Aurora police seek help finding a man who knocked down woman. Suburban witness on plot: ‘This doesn’t happen at Pokémon.' Kane County prosecutor faces DUI charge. Daughter sues Kane County, sheriffs over mom’s 2013 jail suicide. Cubs take injury report in stride.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Trees Downed in 2012 Storm Crafted into Stand for Local Bell
- Veterans invited to boat on the Fox River with local rowing clubs
- TMA Board Members Speak at DMDII Smart Manufacturing Panel
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Call for Art Goes Out for 2016 Community Banner Art Project
- ArtShare Saturday at Gallery 200 – Watch and Wonder
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Ready, Set, Go: Healthy West Chicago Community Action Plan Released
- ‘Hidden Artist Challenge’ benefits future St. Charles arts center
- Chicago Clean Cities to host golf outing, fleet education seminar
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at email@example.com Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
More Spring Grove News
- Spring Grove Business
- Uber, GM and Fermilab share innovations and vision for transportation
- Spring Grove Entertainment
- Minister from Woodstock accused of having child porn
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589