Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Wander acres of corn mazes this fall at suburban farmsAutumn has arrived, and it's time to spend an afternoon wandering through some suburban corn mazes in the crisp fall air. Here is our guide to some local corn mazes.Last Updated Sep 26, 2014 6:15 AM
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Second Generation Eagle Scout
- Eagle Scout Anthony Murray earns his wings.
- Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury
- Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today!
- Richmond Garden Club hosts Holiday Floral Design Show
- Entertain Your Taste Buds
- Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun
- The Listening Room presents Steve Sebby, singer/songwriter
- National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters”
- TMA Co-Hosts Taiwan Manufacturers at Networking Event
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
- Heather Robbins, Trauma Treatment Program project director at the Lake County Health Department, received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Award from Michael Peck, Superintendent of the Veterans Assistance Commission of Lake County. She was nominated by Oluwatoyin Hines, a major in the U.S. Army Reserve and an intern at the Health Department. Peck presented the award on behalf of the Illinois Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, which recognizes efforts employers make to support citizen warriors. Lake County Health Department
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- I took this photo while motorcycling around Williams Bay Wisconsin. It was early morning and the sun was casting a beautiful glow on the early morning mist on the lake. The boats were still asleep. Frank G. Salvatini
- Mr. Sefcik, Principal at Stanton School in Fox Lake, along with officers of Stanton's Student Council welcomed Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel, a retired member of U.S. Army, for lunch Nov. 8 in honor of Veterans Day. Gabriel spent time with the students sharing many stories about his 38 years of service to our country and his experiences while traveling the world. He even brought in his aviator's helmet which really impressed the kids. According to Sefcik, "Gabriel was an excellent story-teller and he and the students had a wonderful connection. The council members asked great questions and even took him on a tour of our school. It was great to watch the students take in all Mr. Gabriel had to share; I know they learned a great deal from the time they spent with him." Mr. Sefcik and Stanton School look forward to an ongoing relationship with Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel. Pictured: B. Earl, M. Earl, B. Sieckowski, K. Dinschel, Mr. Sefcik, and Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel. Jill Becmer
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Sorry, there are no libraries
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589