Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Community colleges to share career programsCommunity college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.Last Updated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Former Algonquin teen battles Ewing’s sarcomaPosted Mar 22, 2017 9:54 AM
The family of Talia Freund, 14, a former Algonquin resident, is asking for help and support as Talia battles Ewing’s sarcoma.
Kids can meet the Easter Bunny at Geneva CommonsPosted Mar 27, 2017 1:01 PM
The Easter Bunny is making his way along the Randall Road corridor to the Geneva Commons mall next month.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD to Host ‘Higher Education for Incarcerated Students’ Symposium April 21
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Rx for Health: Walking in Nature
- March 31: CLC hosts free screening of documentary exploring Iraq War veterans on 2,700-mile U.S. walk
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
- COD Board of Trustees Votes to Keep Tuition Flat for the Next Year
- College of DuPage Board of Trustees Approves New Intergovernmental Agreement with Village of Glen Ellyn
- COD Celebrates the French-Speaking World
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at email@example.com Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589