Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowd
- What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is Hosting Community Blood Drive on March 5
- Warrenville karate team places at national tournament
- Roselle Artisan Handcrafts Hot Rod Cremation Urns
- First Early Bird Drawing Deadline is February 21 for $1.6 Million Dream Home or $1.3 Million in Cash
- West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission Extends Deadline for Art Banner Submissions
- Tim and Susan Campbell of Rolling Meadows sample slices of Lou Malnati's famous deep-dish pizza at the 5th annual Clearbrook Around the World Food Tasting presented by Meijer. Lifetime Treasures Photography
- Heather Robbins, Trauma Treatment Program project director at the Lake County Health Department, received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Award from Michael Peck, Superintendent of the Veterans Assistance Commission of Lake County. She was nominated by Oluwatoyin Hines, a major in the U.S. Army Reserve and an intern at the Health Department. Peck presented the award on behalf of the Illinois Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, which recognizes efforts employers make to support citizen warriors. Lake County Health Department
- Mount Prospect's very own Lee DeWyze, who won American Idol in 2010, will perform at the Cures Gala event on Oct. 26, benefiting the nonprofit Gateway for Cancer Research. Having lost his grandfather to cancer, Lee is a long-time supporter of cancer research. The musician has generously donated an autographed guitar, an autographed CD and shirt, and two tickets to his upcoming concert in Chicago. These items are being raffled to the public through Oct. 26. Raffle tickets are available for $25 each online at DemandCuresToday.org/Lee Gateway for Cancer Research
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- I took this photo while motorcycling around Williams Bay Wisconsin. It was early morning and the sun was casting a beautiful glow on the early morning mist on the lake. The boats were still asleep. Frank G. Salvatini
- Mr. Sefcik, Principal at Stanton School in Fox Lake, along with officers of Stanton's Student Council welcomed Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel, a retired member of U.S. Army, for lunch Nov. 8 in honor of Veterans Day. Gabriel spent time with the students sharing many stories about his 38 years of service to our country and his experiences while traveling the world. He even brought in his aviator's helmet which really impressed the kids. According to Sefcik, "Gabriel was an excellent story-teller and he and the students had a wonderful connection. The council members asked great questions and even took him on a tour of our school. It was great to watch the students take in all Mr. Gabriel had to share; I know they learned a great deal from the time they spent with him." Mr. Sefcik and Stanton School look forward to an ongoing relationship with Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel. Pictured: B. Earl, M. Earl, B. Sieckowski, K. Dinschel, Mr. Sefcik, and Sgt. Major Robert Gabriel. Jill Becmer
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
- Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through 60 delightful wines at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting on February 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Chicago Corporate Photography
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589