Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Woman not guilty of murder by insanity to be held in ElginAn Aurora woman found not guilty by reason of insanity in a 2013 stabbing death will be treated in Elgin; CASA Kane County gets a grant as cases increase 11 percent; a St. Charles police commander earns honors at Northwestern University law enforcement schoolLast Updated Jul 26, 2015 4:04 PM
Missing Spring Grove man foundUpdated Jul 26, 2015 1:41 PM
A Spring Grove man who had been missing since Friday has been found, thanks to the actions of a good Samaritan, Lake County authorities said.
Rauner puts Spring Grove, Mundelein men on state boardsUpdated Jul 24, 2015 5:07 PM
Gov. Bruce Rauner appointed Albert Tracy of Spring Grove to the Medical Disciplinary Board, an unpaid job that can recommend taking away doctors’ licenses. He named Elroy Salazar of Mundelein to the Illinois Workforce Investment Board.
Dawn Patrol: Old COD board sought to rein in Breuder; Giordano’s coming to Schaumburg?Updated Jul 30, 2015 5:51 AM
COD board sought to rein in Breuder. Giordano's coming to Schaumburg? Bill would ban public pensions for lobbyists. Geneva likely to outlaw use of BB guns. Fundraiser tonight for Elgin firefighter with cancer. Lester strikes out 14 in Cubs' win over Rockies. Much has changed for the Sox. Bears' Allen eager for a reboot.
McHenry County College to hold supervisory leadership seriesUpdated Jul 29, 2015 1:17 PM
McHenry County College’s Workforce, Community and Business Programs is accepting registrations for a Developmental Dimensions International’s Supervisory Leadership Series, which will be held from 8 a.m.-noon on Fridays, August 7 through September 25.
Dawn Patrol: Top GOP donor retracts comments on Kirk; Lake County Fair opens todayUpdated Jul 29, 2015 5:57 AM
Top GOP donor backs off comments about Kirk. Lake County Fair opens today. Wheaton College drops student health insurance. Communications manager keeps job in Pingree Grove. Jail releases more footage of Sandra Bland. Cubs calmly wait out trade talk. Patience paying off for Sox.
Dawn Patrol: Harry Volkman ‘seriously ill’; hotel robbed near Elk Grove VillageUpdated Jul 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Hotel robbed near Elk Grove Village. Harry Volkman ‘seriously ill,' according to family. Garage fire damages Campton Hills house. Police presence shuts down McLean Boulevard in South Elgin. Grocery store ‘long time coming’ to south Naperville corner. Wheaton Brew Fest on tap this weekend. New WR Eddie Royal is one Bear to watch. 'Big Syl' dealt from Sky to Minnesota.
Dawn Patrol: History of racism in county where Bland died; Houston’s daughter deadUpdated Jul 27, 2015 6:08 AM
Texas county where Sandra Bland died haunted by past racism; no budget, huge deficit just the beginning for Illinois’ fiscal year; Arlington Heights dragon boat club qualifies for World Championship; woman not guilty of murder by insanity to be held in Elgin; Cubs to get needed relief after getting swept by Phillies; Imrem says it’s time for Cubs’ Hoyer, Epstein to step up; Rodon, Sanchez lead White Sox to sweep; being up front about Chicago Bears’ new defense
82-year-old Spring Grove man reported missingUpdated Jul 26, 2015 8:45 AM
Lake County sheriff's police are asking the public's help in locating an 82-year-old Spring Grove man who has been reported missing since 2:30 p.m. Friday. Donald Uklega is a diabetic with dementia and does not have his medications, police said.
- Dawn Patrol: Autopsy results in Sandra Bland case; 3 hit by cars in Des Plaines
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Two Low-Cost Pet Clinics Offered in August
- Mosquitoes Test Positive for West Nile Virus in Lake County
- Constructech to host Technology Day Event Aug. 27
- Join the “Waukegan Cares Wauk for Awareness” Event on August 22
- Tour to feature net-zero energy homes, tools and tips for homeowners
- Help for Quitting Tobacco is Here
- Art In The Park: 5th Annual Mundelein Fine Arts Festival Coming This Fall
- Tee Off At GLMV Chamber Golf Outing - August 24
- Auditions announced for Mary Poppins – a Deerfield Family Theater Production
- Palatine High School Class of 1985 Celebrating 30th Reunion
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at email@example.com Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
More Spring Grove News
- Spring Grove Business
- McHenry County College to hold supervisory leadership series
- What damage did Cook's sales tax hike do last time?
- Spring Grove Entertainment
- Search upheld in Aurora heroin case
- Zoo releases smooth green snakes in McHenry County
- Spring Grove Opinion
- Readiness efforts key to ensuring college success
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589