Communities » Spring Grove Area News
Snow — maybe lots of it — in the weekend forecastCook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, McHenry and Will counties will be under a Winter Storm Watch from Saturday night through late Sunday.Last Updated Dec 9, 2016 3:22 PM
Franks sworn in as McHenry County’s first chairman elected by votersUpdated Dec 5, 2016 5:09 PM
Marking what several community leaders are calling a new era of McHenry County government, Jack Franks took office Monday as the first popularly elected county board chairman. “My goals are your goals,” Franks told the board.
First snowfall of season blankets suburbsUpdated Dec 4, 2016 9:12 PM
The first snowfall of the season blanketed the suburbs Sunday, causing slippery road conditions throughout the region and delaying hundreds of flights at O’Hare and Midway airports.
Forecast calls for snow todayUpdated Dec 4, 2016 8:38 AM
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for snow. The advisory will be in effect from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for northern and northeastern Illinois.
Hallelujah! Singalong ‘Messiahs’ in the Fox ValleyPosted Dec 6, 2016 2:21 PM
Although it was composed 275 years ago, Handel’s “Messiah” continues to draw audiences with its 53 movements including the well-known Hallelujah chorus.
Spring Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD Opens ‘Fuel’ Food Pantry to Help Fight Food Insecurity on Campus
- Revamped Coaching Staff Readies for COD Track and Field Season
- Congregation Kneseth Israel joins in Project Linus
- COD Offers Writing Trip to West Africa Summer 2017
- College of DuPage Chaparrals Best Central Lakes College in Inaugural Red Grange Bowl
- COD Team Leads Midwest Region in Student Math League Competition
- College of DuPage December ‘Images’ Highlights Distinguished Alum Margaret Yancey, MAC 30th Anniversary Celebration
- 15th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Highlights COD Student Work
- College of DuPage Hosts Spring New Student Orientation Jan. 18
- College of DuPage Multimedia Services Win at Annual Telly Awards
- Cub Scout Pack 349 of Richmond held its annual Pinewood Derby recently at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. The Cub Scouts vied for fast times and cool designs for their homemade race cars. While watching the races, scouts enjoyed a dinner of Bacci's pizza with friends and family. Winners from this race will go on to the larger district race in Pecatonica, IL in April. It's never too late to join Cub Scouts!! Pack 349 meets at the Community Church in Richmond on the 3rd Friday of the month. Please contact Contact Dani McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org Boys in the photo are: from left, Ethan Ford, Marcus Hemmelgarn. Photo credit: Brenda Eichelberg
- A controlled fire at a house in Volo, IL on the morning of Saturday, May 10 provided firefighters from several towns with a realistic training opportunity. Jake Hadden
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Spring Grove resident Art Peterson won an autographed Brandon Saad puck during a LifeSource promotion last month. Peterson was making his 46th blood donation (and is now just two pints away from his six gallon milestone). Every pint donated, LifeSource says, supports up to three lives. LifeSource
- M. Curtis Whittington, a veteran waiting for a heart transplant, drove away in a recycled car Feb. 12 after being nominated by Tim Heiney, a case manager with Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS). The car was presented to the Whittington family at the 4th Annual Gifting of a Recycled Ride by CARSTAR Mundelein and their sponsors Esurance, 1-800-Charity Cars, Cottman Transmissions & Total Auto Care, Jack Phelan Dodge, MOPAR, Recycled Rides, Stafford’s, Keystone/LKQ, Atlas Car Wash, NABC, AutoZone, NTB, and St. Vincent de Paul. A reception was held for the gifting where local businesses and restaurants donated food and services. This is the second LMVFS client who has received a car through this annual program. The Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services program works through a network of agencies to help military personnel, veterans and their families face challenges, before, during and after their service to this country without eligibility restrictions. LMVFS is also a member of Illinois Joining Forces, an initiative formed to insure community level, military-culture sensitive support and services statewide. LMVFS is located at the Lake County Health Department, 121 E. Grand Avenue in Lake Villa, and has additional offices in Waukegan and McHenry. For more information, call: (847) 377-VET6 (8386). Lake County Health Department
"What's the matter fishie?"
Kayleigh Troyan ready to kiss and release her bass at the Spring Grove Bass Hatchery. Photo taken Sunday, May 19, 2013. Brittany Clark
More Spring Grove News
- Spring Grove Entertainment
- Hallelujah! A look at two singalong ‘Messiahs’ in the Fox Valley
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Kaneland High School
- 47W326 Keslinger Rd.
Maple Park, Il 60151-9720
- Richmond-Burton Community High School
- 8311 N. Route 31
P.O. Box 449
Richmond, Il 60071
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.451031, -88.242589