Facebook Twitter RSS LinkedIn YouTube
Communities » Bannockburn Area News
COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degreeNine students will walk across the stage Sunday at Lewis University's commencement ceremony to receive bachelor's degrees in criminal justice. Yet, these students never took classes at the school's campus in Romeoville. Through a so-called 3+1 program partnership between Lewis and College of DuPage, the students earned their four-year degrees from Lewis by taking all their classes at COD's campus in Glen Ellyn.Last Updated May 20, 2013 4:20 PM
CLC benefit golf outingUpdated May 19, 2013 4:25 PM
Golfers can help raise money for College of Lake County scholarships in an outing on Monday, June 3.
Recently shared by others
- Scout Troops Contribute to the Fabric of Community in West Chicago
- Allendale Hosts Its Annual “FORE!” The Children Golf Tournament Featuring Bulls Legend, Bill Cartwright!
- Camps Combine Outdoor Experiences with Girls’ Modern Interests
- Health department hosts free Hepatitis Health Fair
- Charities unite to bring physical education to youth organizations in Latin America
- Health Department Provides Beach Advisory Information Online
- Advocate Good Shepherd Breast Center Receives Accreditation from NAPBC
- Guerin Prep soccer wins 1st regional title in school history
- neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday Announces Artists
- Music Workshop for Early Childhood Educators and Camp Counselors
- Guest speaker J.J. O'Connor, center, chats with PAL/Clearbrook supporters at the 16th annual PAL fundraiser. Clearbrook
- On Jan. 21, Elmhurst City Clerk Patty Spencer presented the Choral-Aires Chorus with a proclamation declaring January "Sweet Adelines Month." The Choral-Aires, an Elmhurst-based Sweet Adelines International chapter, is hosting Guest Nights each Monday in January from 6:45-9:45 pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church Recreation Center as part of the SAI Global Open House event. Pictured, from left, are: Co-Director Bonnie Fedyski, Patty Spencer, Co-Director Amy Brinkman, and Chorus President Nancy Smith. Valerie Baxter
- Deerfield accounting firm Kessler Orlean Silver is serving as a local drop off location for the Vernon Hills-based Sports Shed, a non-profit organization which has distributed more than 5,000 pieces of sports equipment to organizations that provide sports programs for kids in need all over the Chicago area. Donations can be delivered to KOS at 1101 Lake Cook Road, Suite C, Deerfield. Pictured are, from left, KOS managing partner Jeff Arnol of Deerfield; Sports Shed founder Tina Sernett of Vernon Hills; KOS partner Ben Darcy of Buffalo Grove; and manager Diana Angulo of Harwood Heights. Dave Silbar
"Delightful and Delicious!"
George and Sarah Naxera of Kildeer sample mouth-watering morsels from 20 local restaurants at Clearbrook's fourth annual "Around the World Food Tasting" on Oct. 16 at Arlington Toyota-Scion in Palatine. Proceeds from the event went to the 3,400 children and adults with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental/intellectual disabilities that Clearbrook serves. Colleen Gallagher
- Emery Moorhead from the 85 Chicago Bears (second from right) spins the roulette wheel for Clearbrook at their Spring Casino Night held on March 2 in Palatine. Moorehead was one of five former NFL players who volunteered at Clearbrooks Spring Casino Night. Clearbrook
Gather Your Girlfriends for Martinis, Massages, and More: No kids. No men. Just women, wine, and golf.
From left, Bonnie Newman, Carolyn Szaflik, Lori Runquist, and Tracy Baron show off their creative ensembles that won them "Best Dressed Foursome" at last year's Clearbrook Women's Classic Golf Outing. Colleen Gallagher
- (l-r) Jill Silbar of Vernon Hills is joined by daughters Emma and Maddy as they receive manicures from Midtown Athletic Club nail technician Agnes Wielogorski. Gearing up for Mothers Day, The Spa at Midtown Bannockburn is inviting all moms and daughters to a special day of massages, manicures, pedicures, make up and more, on Thursday, May 9, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is just $30 per person and includes two luxurious spa treatments each. To schedule an appointment, contact The Spa at (847) 945-1818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Clearbrook president Carl M. La Mell (center) chats with Newsapalooza creators, Grammy award winner, Richard Marx (left) and radio personality, Roe Conn. Newsapalooza is a rock & roll stage show, featuring Chicago media talents singing and/or playing instruments. This year's show benefitted Clearbrook. M. Samskhina
Liquid Fusion Cafe Lincolnshire Grand Opening
Pictured is the barrista counter of the anticipated grand opening of Liquid Fusion Cafe, 275 Parkway Drive, Suite 315 in Lincolnshire, will officially take place on Sept. 23 at 1 p.m. Johan Lee
- A handful of local private ambulances have given resources to the East Coast to help out the preparation of Hurricane Sandy and Noreaster Storm Athena. Bless their hearts A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.
- Illinois State Rep. Scott Drury (D-58), left, talks with Illinois State Rep. David Harris (R-53) at a recent briefing for members of the General Assembly and other key state officials. The event, hosted by Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, discussed the hospital's role in providing services to children who rely on Medicaid. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Among festivities held during the April 14 Arthur Ashe Tennis Day charity benefit at Midtown Athletic Club in Palatine was an exhibition tennis match featuring Midtown pros and color commentating provided by Kathy Hart of 101.9 fm The Mix. Pictured (l-r) are Todd Johnson, Iris Ichim-Harris, Krisztina Anderko, Kathy Hart and Mike Byrd. Photo by Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
Picture of newly crowned Ms. Wheelchair, Illinois
Danielle Austin. She will be making her inaugural appearance at the EHLS Open House April 24 at 210 W Campus Drive, Suite B, Arlington Heights, and will be signing autographs and answering questions. Danielle Austin
- Dr. Ulwyn Pierre, the global radio talk show host of Leadership Success and You to speak at June 7 Small Business Success in Lake County event. Register at www.SmallBusinessSuccessinLakeCounty.com SBDC
- Donated to the community by West Chicago resident Maria Villela, the City's official Christmas tree is installed at 306 Main Street in downtown West Chicago, where it will be lit at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at West Chicago's Frosty Fest. Krista Coltrin
- Vernon Hills High School students' shoe designs for the Custom Culture competition. Design by (left to right): Ann Ho, Kathleen McLoughlin, Tiffany Do, and Olivia Weaver. Vote for their designs at http://www.vans.com/customculture/vote/top50/ Allison Molloy
- Members of the Friends of Clearbrook Committee take a break between flights of wine to pose at Clearbrooks 49th Annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting that took place on February 23, 2013 at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. The event drew nearly 400 people. Chicago Corporate Photography
Daily Herald Communities