Communities » Campton Hills Area News
Lake County celebrates its rural roots at Farm Heritage FestivalLake County celebrates its rural roots this weekend during the 24th annual Farm Heritage Festival at Lakewood Forest Preserve near Wauconda.Last Updated Sep 25, 2016 4:30 PM
Readers’ responses to ‘best in the Tri-Cities’ surveyPosted Sep 25, 2016 6:00 AM
Readers came up with some interesting answers to my questions two weeks ago that came across like a “best of” survey.
The Wonderful World of Wauconda homecoming celebrationUpdated Sep 24, 2016 9:26 PM
Wauconda High School staff, students, alumni and the community enjoyed The Wonderful World of Wauconda homecoming events this weekend.
Fox Valley police reportsUpdated Sep 23, 2016 4:13 PM
Linda Stribling, 30, of McHenry, was charged with retail theft at 1:15 p.m. Sept. 21 at Kohl’s, 251 N. Randall Road, according to a Batavia police report.
Carpentersville fatal armed robbery suspect arrested in MissouriUpdated Sep 23, 2016 12:56 PM
A man wanted in a fatal armed robbery of a Carpentersville computer repair shop in early September has been arrested in Missouri, authorities said.
Aurora man charged with 2013 arson of two carsUpdated Sep 23, 2016 11:49 AM
A 21-year-old man has been charged with lighting two cars on fire in March 2013 on Aurora’s near east side.
Elgin cigarette torture suspect back in jail on cocaine chargeUpdated Sep 22, 2016 8:29 PM
An 18-year-old accused of masterminding a February kidnapping and cigarette torture of a teen in Elgin is back in jail — this time charged with cocaine possession.
Lawsuit argues distracted driving, negligence in March fatal crash near MooseheartUpdated Sep 22, 2016 7:34 PM
A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against an Elburn man who was ticketed in March crash that killed another driver near Mooseheart in Batavia.
Kane Co. District 6 Democrat would support tax increase if neededUpdated Sep 22, 2016 9:35 AM
Kane County Board member Brian Dahl says it may be time to unfreeze the county’s property tax levy if budget negotiations and new income can’t eliminate a $5.7 million budget deficit for 2017.
- Authorities give family of once-missing St. Charles man time to verify story
- Kane County Board Dist. 4 candidates debate tax freeze
- $50 million St. Charles school closing, upgrade could be done without voters' OK
- Suspect sought in Sept. 4 fatal shooting in Aurora
- Missing St. Charles man found alive
- Warrant issued for suspect in fatal Carpentersville armed robbery
- St. Charles liquor license request renews fears of bar town image
- Rules for backyard chickens proposed in Wauconda
- Images: Giant pretzels and floating cars share space in The Week in Pictures
- Fox Valley police reports
- Meet the water strider — an insect that walks on water
Campton Hills Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD to Host Natural Resources Symposium Oct. 27
- Retirement expert leads financial seminar for widows Oct. 6
- St. Charles library to offer ‘Where Genealogy and Genetics Come Together’
- Campton Township to host its Prairie Fest
- Kane County Health Department recognized as HealthyCommunity50
- Sign up for Garfield Farm Museum’s Student Harvest Day
- Celebrate the ‘Golden Age of Cinema & Radio’ Sept. 26-Oct. 9
- Steel Beam presents ‘Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)’
- Chicago Home & Lifestyle Expo comes to Pheasant Run Sept. 30
- ESO to play score to Charlie Chaplin’s film ‘City Lights’ Oct. 7-9
- Mrs Schwartz, Wendy Wessel & Erich Schwartz proudly displaying the plaque that the City of Elgin presented to them in honor of 60 years in business. Becky Fitzgerald
- 19 Geneva Rotary Past Club Presidents helped celebrate Geneva Rotary's 50th anniversary at a special April 7, 2015 meeting. Each president gave a short talk as to accomplishments and memories of their 1 year term leading Geneva Rotary. More at www.genevarotary.org David Nelson
- Geneva Rotary celebrates its 50th anniversary March 2015. The club provides scholarships to local students, sponsors youth exchange students, makes grants to local charities, participates in local and international service projects and more. Visit www.genevarotary.org. From left, Mark Allen, Gordy Hard, Michele Kinzler, Charles Barber, Kathy Coffey, Dave Nelson and Kathy Melone are all past club presidents and current Geneva Rotarians. Don Cummings
- The Pottawatomie Garden Club of St. Charles recently held their Spring Luncheon at Royal Fox Country Club. Table arrangements were made by members. Mary Jo Murphy of the U of I Extension office shared ways to attract beautiful & interesting wildlife to our backyards. Pictured is the luncheon Committee: Aleta Frank, Barbara Iverson, Jean Marozzi, Ellen Smith, and Helen Hogan Nancy Lilly
More Campton Hills News
- Campton Hills Business
- The Velvet Butterfly in St. Charles features home decor and hand-painted signs
- Campton Hills Entertainment
- Meet the water strider — an insect that walks on water
- Brother tops brother to win Fox Valley Marathon
- Geneva art fundraiser benefits kids with cancer
- St. Peter Church Barn Sale continues Sunday at Kane County Fairgrounds
- How St. Charles schools raised $1 million for cancer research
- Algonquin to celebrate, clean up Fox River
- Big Rock Plowing Match a tradition for Batavia family
- St. Peter Church marks final year of barn sale
- Campton Hills Opinion
- North assessment of Cutler is spot on
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Who will win the American League Cy Young award?
|Chris Sale, CHW||43.8%|
|Rick Porcello, BOS||27.9%|
|J.A. Happ, TOR||10.0%|
|Cory Kluber, CLE||10.8%|
|Zach Britton, BAL||7.5%|
Daily Herald Communities
- 60174, 60175
- 41.933889, -88.401111
- Kane County