Communities » Fox River Grove Area News
Funnel cloud reported in GrayslakeMore severe storms swept through the area Sunday night, packing high winds, rain and hail that toppled trees and power lines, but there were no immediate reports of injuries. National Weather Service Meteorologist Ricky Castro said there were reports that a tornado touched down near Grayslake.Last Updated Aug 2, 2015 11:27 PM
Why state, local officials support Longmeadow ParkwayUpdated Jul 31, 2015 8:10 AM
State Sen. Karen McConnaughay, state Rep. Mike Tryon and Algonquin Village President John Schmitt told the Daily Herald Thursday that misinformation by detractors of the $135 million project is forcing officials like them to set the record straight.
Dawn Patrol: COD tries to find out who leaked recording; Cook County proposes employee raisesUpdated Jul 31, 2015 5:49 AM
COD looking for who leaked recording of buyout meeting. Cook County proposes employee raises. Waukegan man faces charges in home burglaries. Polic say Aurora motorcyclist had mechanical trouble before fatal crash. New law aims to provide jet noise relief. Teens charged in Aurora burglaries. Rizzo does it all for Chicago Cubs. Forte focused on production, not contract. Will Sox be deadline buyers today?
Clinton Benghazi hearing will put suburban lawmakers in spotlightUpdated Jul 30, 2015 1:16 PM
The announcement this week that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will appear before the congressional Benghazi committee this fall stands to put two local lawmakers at the center of an important hearing as the presidential race continues to heat up.
Dawn Patrol: Old COD board sought to rein in Breuder; Giordano’s coming to Schaumburg?Updated Jul 30, 2015 5:51 AM
COD board sought to rein in Breuder. Giordano's coming to Schaumburg? Bill would ban public pensions for lobbyists. Geneva likely to outlaw use of BB guns. Fundraiser tonight for Elgin firefighter with cancer. Lester strikes out 14 in Cubs' win over Rockies. Much has changed for the Sox. Bears' Allen eager for a reboot.
McHenry County College to hold supervisory leadership seriesUpdated Jul 29, 2015 1:17 PM
McHenry County College’s Workforce, Community and Business Programs is accepting registrations for a Developmental Dimensions International’s Supervisory Leadership Series, which will be held from 8 a.m.-noon on Fridays, August 7 through September 25.
Dawn Patrol: Top GOP donor retracts comments on Kirk; Lake County Fair opens todayUpdated Jul 29, 2015 5:57 AM
Top GOP donor backs off comments about Kirk. Lake County Fair opens today. Wheaton College drops student health insurance. Communications manager keeps job in Pingree Grove. Jail releases more footage of Sandra Bland. Cubs calmly wait out trade talk. Patience paying off for Sox.
Dawn Patrol: Harry Volkman ‘seriously ill’; hotel robbed near Elk Grove VillageUpdated Jul 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Hotel robbed near Elk Grove Village. Harry Volkman ‘seriously ill,' according to family. Garage fire damages Campton Hills house. Police presence shuts down McLean Boulevard in South Elgin. Grocery store ‘long time coming’ to south Naperville corner. Wheaton Brew Fest on tap this weekend. New WR Eddie Royal is one Bear to watch. 'Big Syl' dealt from Sky to Minnesota.
Dawn Patrol: History of racism in county where Bland died; Houston’s daughter deadUpdated Jul 27, 2015 6:08 AM
Texas county where Sandra Bland died haunted by past racism; no budget, huge deficit just the beginning for Illinois’ fiscal year; Arlington Heights dragon boat club qualifies for World Championship; woman not guilty of murder by insanity to be held in Elgin; Cubs to get needed relief after getting swept by Phillies; Imrem says it’s time for Cubs’ Hoyer, Epstein to step up; Rodon, Sanchez lead White Sox to sweep; being up front about Chicago Bears’ new defense
- Images: You know it’s summer when the cardboard boats start to sink
Fox River Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Tee off at GLMV Chamber golf outing
- Voices in Harmony welcomes new members
- Learn about ‘Community Inclusion’ at Aug. 13 forum
- Support group for MS patients, caregivers offered in Huntley
- Constructech to host Technology Day Event Aug. 27
- Explore Prairie Trail North by bike Aug. 1
- Festival of the Arts time in Libertyville
- Tour to feature net-zero energy homes, tools and tips for homeowners
- Woodstock Mozart Festival opens on Saturday
- Find bargains at Mothers and More’s Fall KidStuff Resale
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Artist Kristin Plansky returned to the Fox River Grove Memorial Library to paint a winter-themed Fox River Grove scene to complement the existing summer-themed mural. Jamie Gehin
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Fox River Grove News
- Fox River Grove Business
- McHenry County College to hold supervisory leadership series
- What damage did Cook's sales tax hike do last time?
- Village board set to review Fox River Grove redevelopment plan
- Fox River Grove Opinion
- Readiness efforts key to ensuring college success
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.195674, -88.216567