Communities » Fox River Grove Area News
Scouting Week 1 in the Fox ValleyScouting the Fox Valley's Week 1 high school football gamesLast Updated Aug 27, 2015 9:02 PM
Cary-Grove can never be counted outUpdated Aug 26, 2015 5:08 PM
To dismiss Cary-Grove’s chances in the Fox Valley Conference based solely on who it lost from its 2014 Class 7A runner-up would be to overlook some important intangibles.
Suburban Democrats key in Rauner vs. unions battleUpdated Aug 27, 2015 7:39 PM
Lawmakers have set up a potential showdown with Gov. Bruce Rauner next week over a proposal he's called a “direct frontal assault on the taxpayers of Illinois.” Suburban Democrats could be key to who wins.
Dawn Patrol: Antioch woman charged in hit-and-run; missing Algonquin dog found after 15 daysUpdated Aug 27, 2015 5:48 AM
Antioch woman charged in fatal hit-and-run. Missing Algonquin dog, Wrigley, found safe after 15 days. Kane County planning for possible state income tax shortfall. What’s next for nearly-vacant Wheeling shopping mall? Geneva man pleads guilty in DUI crash that killed two in Naperville. Police say Mt. Prospect woman walked around gates before being struck by train.
Dawn Patrol: Man killed in Wauconda robbery had BB gun, police say; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. ProspectUpdated Aug 26, 2015 5:45 AM
Officials say man killed in Wauconda robbery carrying BB gun; Pedestrian killed by train in Mt. Prospect; DuPage may discuss using bailiffs for court security to save money; Striking Barrington High janitors say restore pay and we'll negotiate; Algonquin man accused of sex toy attack at haunted house gets probation and fine; Addison man says vicious attack was over $50 debt.
Duckworth, Foster, undecided on Iran dealUpdated Aug 25, 2015 3:05 PM
Democratic U.S. Reps. Bill Foster of Naperville and Tammy Duckworth of Hoffman Estates remain undecided about the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran, with other suburban members of Congress largely split along party lines.
Dawn Patrol: Body found along I-290; industrial building burns near Elk GroveUpdated Aug 25, 2015 5:46 AM
Body found along eastbound I-290 identified as Plainfield man. Industrial building near Elk Grove Village burns. Robbery attempted at Batavia AT&T store. North Aurora police seek help finding a man who knocked down woman. Suburban witness on plot: ‘This doesn’t happen at Pokémon.' Kane County prosecutor faces DUI charge. Daughter sues Kane County, sheriffs over mom’s 2013 jail suicide. Cubs take injury report in stride.
Study: While heroin use spikes, treatment options drop in IllinoisUpdated Aug 24, 2015 4:28 PM
Drug addiction treatment options are getting fewer as heroin use continues to increase, particularly in the suburbs, a Roosevelt University study has found.
Boys golf: Scouting the Fox ValleyUpdated Aug 25, 2015 1:34 PM
Here's what to expect from the boys golf teams in the Fox Valley for the 2015 season.
Fox River Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Trees Downed in 2012 Storm Crafted into Stand for Local Bell
- Veterans invited to boat on the Fox River with local rowing clubs
- Fun on the menu this fall with St. Charles Singles Club
- TMA Board Members Speak at DMDII Smart Manufacturing Panel
- Fox River Grove to show plans for public works facility Sept. 9
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Learn about sedums, conifers at this year’s Hosta Haven Saturday, Aug. 29
- Fox Tales Storytelling Festival is Aug. 30
- McHenry Co. Historical Society offers busing subsidy for visiting schools
- Administer Justice to offer free seminar on PTSD, Social Security
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Artist Kristin Plansky returned to the Fox River Grove Memorial Library to paint a winter-themed Fox River Grove scene to complement the existing summer-themed mural. Jamie Gehin
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Fox River Grove News
- Fox River Grove Sports
- Scouting Week 1 in the Fox Valley
- Cary-Grove can never be counted out
- Boys golf: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Girls golf: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Elgin golf outing, Team Carone fundraiser slated
- Fox River Grove Entertainment
- Minister from Woodstock accused of having child porn
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.195674, -88.216567