Communities » Fox River Grove Area News
Ten Fox Valley area teams ready for round oneTen Fox Valley area football teams learned their first-round playoff opponents Saturday night.Last Updated Oct 22, 2016 10:09 PM
Girls cross country: Aurora CC, Harvest Christian produce regional champsUpdated Oct 22, 2016 4:58 PM
Aurora Central Catholic senior Abby Fioresi won the individual championship in a time of 17:57 Saturday at the Class 2A Hinsdale South girls cross country regional.
Boys cross country: Geneva, Huntley claim regional crownsUpdated Oct 22, 2016 4:34 PM
The boys cross country teams from Geneva and Huntley each won regional championships on Saturday.
Cary-Grove rolls to 8th straight winUpdated Oct 21, 2016 11:32 PM
Cary-Grove won its eighth straight game Friday night, rolling over Crystal Lake Central 42-0.
Week 9: Scouting the Fox Valley ConferenceUpdated Oct 20, 2016 9:24 PM
Here’s what to expect from the high school football matchups involving teams from the Fox Valley Conference in Week 9.
Week 8: Vernon Hills’ Hull, Glenbard North’s James earn MVP honorUpdated Oct 19, 2016 11:35 PM
Vernon Hills senior quarterback Kyle Hull and Glenbard North senior cornerback Jace James have earned Daily Herald MVP distinction for their performances in Week 8 of the high school football season.
Piron, Pomazak, Farquhar weigh in on changing conference optionsUpdated Oct 19, 2016 9:17 PM
Football coaches Dennis Piron of Batavia, St. Charles North’s Rob Pomazak and St. Charles East’s Bryce Farquhar have their own thoughts about their schools potentially leaving the Upstate Eight Conference.
Boys soccer: Huntley advances to regional finalUpdated Oct 18, 2016 10:20 PM
Adam Kaster scored 2 goals Tuesday as the Huntley boys soccer team opened the postseason with a 6-2 win over Rockford Auburn at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford regional.
Girls volleyball: Geneva outlasts West AuroraUpdated Oct 18, 2016 10:19 PM
Grace Loberg had 13 kills and 9 digs and Ally Barrett added 11 kills and 14 digs Tuesday to lead the Geneva girls volleyball team to a 25-18, 20-25, 25-13 Upstate Eight crossover win over West Aurora.
- Ahsmann’s Crystal Lake South finale will be Friday
Fox River Grove Calendar
Recently shared by others
- McHenry County College to offer paralegal degree information sessions
- Get tickets for Stargazers Ball to benefit Raue Center
- COD Offers New Learning Community Classes for Spring 2017
- Writers Read Featuring COD Alums Draws Huge Crowds
- MCC Student Peace Action Network to welcome peace activist Kathy Kelly Oct. 26
- Celebrate choral music at fourth annual Festival of the Voice
- Local Historian to Speak in November About Cherry Mine Disaster, OLA School Fire
- Bethany Art Series begins Sunday
- COD Builds World-Class Electronics Trainers Funded by Perkins Grant
- Salvation Army to celebrate 25 years in McHenry County
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- Forest preserve employees hauled used Christmas trees to the Baker's Lake heron rookery using all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles. Volunteers from Citizens for Conservation and Friends of Deer Grove East were waiting on the island to trim the trees and stand them upright or lay them flat, providing nesting structures for herons, egrets and cormorants. Approximately 80 ? 100 Christmas trees are recycled in this way every year to freshen the rookery. Steve Halm
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Artist Kristin Plansky returned to the Fox River Grove Memorial Library to paint a winter-themed Fox River Grove scene to complement the existing summer-themed mural. Jamie Gehin
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Fox River Grove News
- Fox River Grove Sports
- Ten Fox Valley area teams ready for round one
- Girls cross country: Aurora CC, Harvest Christian produce regional champs
- Boys cross country: Geneva, Huntley claim regional crowns
- Cary-Grove rolls to 8th straight win
- Week 9: Scouting the Fox Valley Conference
- Week 8: Vernon Hills’ Hull, Glenbard North’s James earn MVP honor
- Piron, Pomazak, Farquhar weigh in on changing conference options
- Boys soccer: Huntley advances to regional final
- Fox River Grove Entertainment
- Pub in the Park Craft Beer and Food Truck festival returns to Lake in the Hills
- Fox River Grove Opinion
- A vote for resource preservation
- McCann, Kearns endorsed in McHenry’s District 6
- Endorsement: Tirio for McHenry County recorder of deeds
- Endorsements: Skala, Wimmer for McHenry County Board’s District 5
- Endorsement: Thorsen, Reinert in McHenry Board District 2
- Endorsement: Barber, Barnes in McHenry Board District 1
- Endorsements: Christensen, Johnson for McHenry County Board, District 3
- Endorsements: Roskam for re-election to Congress, Dist. 6
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.195674, -88.216567