Activate Your Free
Rowling reveals new tidbits on Pottermore siteJust in time for Halloween, J.K. Rowling has given fans a glimpse of what makes a wicked witch tick. The creator of boy wizard Harry Potter published a 1,700-word essay Friday revealing the real-life inspiration behind one of her most memorable villains,...Last Updated Oct 31, 2014 7:19 AM
Wanted in US, Roman Polanski questioned in PolandUpdated Oct 30, 2014 10:52 AM
Prosecutors in Poland questioned filmmaker Roman Polanski at the request of U.S. prosecutors who are seeking his arrest on charges from 1977 of having sex with a minor, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
Suge Knight, Katt Williams charged with robberyPosted Oct 30, 2014 7:19 AM
Los Angeles prosecutors have charged Suge Knight and comedian Katt Williams with robbery after a celebrity photographer reported the men stole her camera. Prosecutors say Williams and Knight, who founded Death Row Records, were arrested Wednesday. Knight...
Kix Brooks show in Aurora canceledUpdated Oct 28, 2014 5:24 PM
Country singer Kix Brooks’ Nov. 8 concert at Aurora’s Paramount Theatre has been canceled.
- More articles
- New book offers ‘Game of Thrones’ back story
- Beyonce, Topshop team up to launch athletic wear
- ‘Time Out of Mind’ is rich study on Dylan
- Book notes: Kiss’ Gene Simmons signs ‘Me, Inc.’ at Tivoli
- TV pioneer and sitcom king Norman Lear pens a book
- Rowling writes back story of Potter character
- Queen sends first tweet, signed ‘Elizabeth R’
- Renee Zellweger: ‘People don’t know me in my 40s’
- 'Gray Mountain' won't disappoint Grisham fans
- Pregnant Kate back at work after morning sickness
- Circus matriarch Madame Rosa remains active at 103
- Fashion guru Oscar de la Renta dies at 82
- British royal couple’s second child due in April
- Comedians honor Jay Leno with humor prize in D.C.
- Saldana, Luna talk Day of the Dead, ‘Book of Life’
- Harris’ atypical life is now atypical book
- Book notes: Mario Batali intros new book at Tivoli
- Maggie Smith gets honor from Queen Elizabeth II
- Iggy Azalea, Fall Out Boy to play Allstate
- Medical examiner: Rivers died of low blood oxygen
- New investigation opened into ‘7th Heaven’ dad
More inside "Entertainment"
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Wal-mart to cut prices on 20,000 items to spur sales
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Airstrikes on ISIS are getting us nowhere
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Tech creates new movement in dance
- State officials want to shoot 130 deer in Kane County
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- A trip back in time
- Fox Valley police reports
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389491) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089)
- SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.