Activate Your Free
Fans go crackers for crazy Cheez-It creationsThere’s a legion of cracker hackers out there and they’re clearly thinking outside the box. If it can be done with a Cheez-It, it probably has been. But why? As Dick Podiak, senior director of marketing of Cheez-It Crackers, puts it,...Last Updated Oct 27, 2014 10:44 AM
‘Thug Kitchen’ writers talk dirty about clean foodPosted Oct 29, 2014 6:01 AM
When it comes to clean eating, Michelle Davis and Matt Holloway aren't afraid of talking dirty. Their motto pretty much says it all: "Eat like you give a (expletive)." So goes the tone of "Thug Kitchen," the pair's wildly popular — and profoundly...
Hummus and chocolate together?Posted Oct 29, 2014 6:01 AM
Admittedly, Chocolate Hummus sounds like a Halloween trick. It’s either disgusting or just a cruel joke, right? Neither, actually. When Associated Press food editor J.M. Hirsch first saw it sold alongside “real” hummus at the grocer,...
Soupalooza: Chili a way to savor Buffalo wing taste without the bonesUpdated Oct 29, 2014 3:22 PM
Looking for a vegetarian way to enjoy Buffalo chicken wings? M. Eileen Brown has you covered. In her monthly Soupalooza column she shares a recipe for Buffalo-style chili. It's packed with black beans, quinoa and hominy — a protein home run, if...
- More articles
- Libertyville High students wrap up food drive
- Runners-up suggest ingredient combos for Challenge finale
- What the 2014 cooks learned along the way
- No trick-or-treaters? Buy Halloween candy anyway!
- Four finalists ready for Cook of the Week Challenge finale
- Vernon Hills chef hopes to elevate status of ‘pub grub’
- Will broccoli leaves be the next superfood?
- Smart Farm in Barrington proves to be a smart idea
- Arlington brothers bring the meatball to new levels
- New brewery brings ‘craft’ to Naperville
- Waukegan food pantries offer help:
- Ocean Spray shoots cranberry commercial in Wisconsin
- Healthy living focus of ‘Food Day’ at Sherman Hospital
- Go for the food: Bryant’s barbecue in Kansas City
- Century ago: Great War, great champagne vintage
- Four finalists named for this year's live cook-off
- Sweet-savory Halloween treats delights ghouls of all ages
- Judges pick Sutton, Harrell to advance to Challenge finale
- Challenge judges try their hand at mystery baskets
- Seafood sustainability:
- America says no to cappuccino potato chips
- Buffalo-Style Quinoa Chili
- Chipotle Orange Duck Tacos with Red Cabbage and Watercress Slaw, Goat Cheese and Spicy Black Beans
- Spicy Black Beans
- Green with Envy Egg White Frittata
- Jerked Anise Chicken with Caribbean Spiced Paella
- Opaa Steak with Crusted Grilled Eggplant
- South American Corn, Bean, and Squash Soup with Plantain Spiders
- Vegetable, Beef and Barley Soup
- Buffalo-Style Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Mango Salsa
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
- No more excuses
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- New brewery brings 'craft' to Naperville
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
- STAFF SCIENTIST - Scientist: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. seeks remote Staff Scientist/Collaboration Scientist reporting to Hoffman Estates, IL. Engage in clinical investigation & research activities, eval & validation of prototypes, enhancements to angiography eqpmt for use in interventional procedures. Coordinate Angiography & X-ray research. Travel 80% w/in Houston, TX. Travel 20% various locations U.S. & Germany. Reports to HQ in IL, must reside in the Houston metro area. May work from home when no travel. Req a Master's in Medicine, Medical Sci/Physics, Engrg, or related & 3 yrs exp in imaging tech, OR PhD & 1 yr exp Also exp as tech consultant; medical imaging & equipment; interventional medicine; clinical eval & validation of prototypes; & presentation of results. Resumes: ATTN: Sarah Sadler, 2501 Barrington Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192. REQ#138206. EOE (id:4388934) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177)
- KITCHEN HELP - Maintenance Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.