Communities » Woodridge Area News
Manhunt on for Aurora man who escaped hospital after chaseAuthorities are searching for a 38-year-old Aurora man who escaped from a hospital after leading police on a chase in which his passenger also was injured.Last Updated Mar 29, 2017 6:26 AM
Average property tax bill to rise nearly 1.8 percent in DuPageUpdated Mar 28, 2017 4:43 PM
DuPage County homeowners can expect to see a 1.76 percent increase in their property tax bills next month, fueled largely by rebounding property values.
Jail, probation for woman who used car to run down boyfriend in LombardUpdated Mar 28, 2017 10:09 PM
Elizabeth Donatelli to spend six months in DuPage County Jail and 30 months on probation for using her car to mow down her boyfriend after a July 23, 2016 dispute over his alleged infidelity.
Aurora man guilty of girlfriend’s murder, faces up to 85 yearsUpdated Mar 27, 2017 7:54 PM
A Kane County jury deliberated less than two hours Monday before convicting an Aurora man with gunning down his girlfriend in January 2014. Christopher Whetstone faces 45 to 85 years in prison.
Bartlett man gets 13 years for perfume theftsUpdated Mar 27, 2017 7:11 PM
A Bartlett man with a three-decade felony history has been sentenced to 13 years in prison after stealing $4,000 in perfume and cologne from a St. Charles business in late 2015 and early 2016.
Naperville police release photo of armed robbery suspectUpdated Mar 27, 2017 4:08 PM
Naperville police have released surveilance photos of the man who robbed a nail salon and stole an SUV at gunpoint Saturday evening.
5 years for West Chicago driver in fatal DUI crashUpdated Mar 27, 2017 3:46 PM
DuPage County Judge Brian Telander said he believes Omar Montoya-Medina is “truly sorry” for causing the fiery crash that killed Antonio Alvarez, but also termed Montoya-Medina’s actions late on Dec. 5, 2014, “outrageous.”
Glen Ellyn cop rescues woman from COD pondUpdated Mar 25, 2017 12:39 AM
A Glen Ellyn police officer rescued a 61-year-old woman whose vehicle was submerged in a retention pond at the College of DuPage shortly before 8 p.m. on Friday. Officer Kevin Riggle was one of the first to arrive on the scene. He swam to the car, which was about 30 yards out from the shoreline, officials said.
Budget, property taxes key issues in calm COD board raceUpdated Mar 23, 2017 6:24 PM
Two years ago, a dozen candidates sought election to the College of DuPage board of trustees in one of the hottest races in the suburbs. This election cycle, however, there’s only four hopefuls vying for three seats on the panel that oversees the Glen Ellyn-based community college.
Recently shared by others
- Scholarship for DuPage Students
- Russian National Ballet Theatre brings “Giselle” to the Chicago suburbs
- College of DuPage Faculty Association PAC Endorses Two Candidates
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month
- COD to Host ‘Higher Education for Incarcerated Students’ Symposium April 21
- Hearing Health Center Moving Naperville Offices April 3
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
More Woodridge News
- Woodridge Business
- J.C. Penney in Woodridge among 138 stores that will close
- College of DuPage offers building automation systems certificate
- Woodridge Entertainment
- McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, more
- Woodridge Opinion
- Endosement: Yes to merge Lisle, Naperville township road districts
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- Home to Pabst Brewing Co., brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- 41.744582, -88.043869