Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Dogs ready to help scared victims in courtMitchell, a yellow Labrador retriever, is ready to help scared victims take the witness stand in Lake County. Mitchell and other dogs may steady kids or developmentally disabled adults who need help in cases of sexual abuse or exploitation.Last Updated Jun 28, 2015 1:58 PM
Rabid bat found in Palatine the 4th in Cook County this yearPosted Jun 27, 2015 4:45 AM
Four rabid bats have been found in Cook County so far this year, including one discovered in Palatine.
Elk Grove man gets 46 years for molesting girlsUpdated Jun 26, 2015 2:20 PM
An Elk Grove Village man convicted of multiple sex offenses against two young Addison girls was sentenced Friday to 46 years in prison.
13 new emergency rooms at Lutheran GeneralUpdated Jun 24, 2015 6:50 PM
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital officials Wednesday cut the ribbon on a $40 million renovation and expansion of their Park Ridge emergency room. It increases the capacity of both the adult and pediatric emergency departments, which are seeing more patients.
Dawn Patrol: Pride Parade a ‘victory lap’; St. Charles cyclist dies during fundraiserUpdated Jun 29, 2015 6:01 AM
Pride Parade a 'victory lap' for gay couples. St. Charles cyclist dies during Bike MS event. Accreditation agency delays COD visit. Water fights the highlight of annual fest. BET Awards honor musical legends. Cubs swept in St. Louis.
Dawn Patrol: 135 years for shooting deputies; MJ drafts Lisle’s Frank KaminskyUpdated Jun 26, 2015 5:51 AM
Holiday Hills man gets 135 years for attempted murder in shooting of two deputies. COD studying tax, tuition cuts, chairwoman says. "Astonishing" sympathy for Schaumburg mom accused of killing disabled daughter. Lisle's Frank Kaminsky drafted to Michael Jordan's Charlotte Hornets. Mount Prospect man gets 5 years for 7th DUI.
Cook County sales tax hike should be ‘very last resort,’ GOP leader saysUpdated Jun 25, 2015 12:31 PM
Cook County Commissioner and Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider says his opposition to a Cook County sales tax hike isn’t meant to set an example for other members of his party. He’s just against it.
Dawn Patrol: Ex gets 47 years in murder; new trial requested in day care killingUpdated Jun 24, 2015 6:09 AM
Ex-boyfriend gets 47 years for slaying of Woodridge woman. New trial request filed in Lincolnshire day care killing. Mental health advocates hope Wheeling apartments just the beginning. Constable: Time has run out for Confederate flag in suburbs. More angst coming for I-90 drivers. Chicago Cubs starting to get national attention.
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Sedgebrook resident’s book looks at life as a spy
- Liz Pawlik Art Exhibit
- July 10: New exhibit by Maureen Fritchen opens at CLC Art Gallery
- Teens pedal in Illinois tour to celebrate graduation
- Park Ridge and Schaumburg Offices of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Work Together for Little City Foundation
- Summer driving tips to help cut your fuel costs
- Northern Illinois Food Bank receives $20,000 grant from ConAgra Foods Foundation
- 45 Culver’s locations to support Special Olympics Illinois with ButterBurgers & Badges event
- Ronald F. Wittmeyer, Jr. Sworn in as Northwest Suburban Bar Assoicaiton President
- Northwest Suburban Bar Assocation hosts Judges’ Night
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Park Ridge News
- Park Ridge Sports
- Elk Grove man gets 46 years for molesting girls
- Park Ridge Business
- Palatine rabid bat the 4th in Cook County this year
- 13 new emergency rooms at Lutheran General
- Commissioner: Preckwinkle floating sales tax hike
- Park Ridge Entertainment
- Dogs ready to help scared victims in court
- Palatine rabid bat the 4th in Cook County this year
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587