Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Suspect argues search during Elgin traffic stop was not justifiedA 23-year-old Minnesota man argued Tuesday that an April strip search should be thrown out of court. Ismael Jaimes-Meza was in a van pulled over on I-90 near Elgin by officers who said they smelled marijuana and Meza possessed rolls of cash.Last Updated Jun 30, 2015 6:06 PM
Rolling Meadows company named in home repair fraud lawsuitUpdated Jun 30, 2015 5:22 PM
The owner of a Rolling Meadows company was among those accused by Cook County prosecutors of bilking homeowners out of thousands of dollars for home repairs that were never performed or were completed improperly.
Dogs ready to help scared victims in courtUpdated Jun 28, 2015 1:58 PM
Mitchell, a yellow Labrador retriever, is ready to help scared victims take the witness stand in Lake County. Mitchell and other dogs may steady kids or developmentally disabled adults who need help in cases of sexual abuse or exploitation.
Rabid bat found in Palatine the 4th in Cook County this yearPosted Jun 27, 2015 4:45 AM
Four rabid bats have been found in Cook County so far this year, including one discovered in Palatine.
Elk Grove man gets 46 years for molesting girlsUpdated Jun 26, 2015 2:20 PM
An Elk Grove Village man convicted of multiple sex offenses against two young Addison girls was sentenced Friday to 46 years in prison.
Griffin: Taxpayers foot six-figure pension for private employeeUpdated Jul 1, 2015 9:41 AM
It's not a government job, but the Illinois Association of Park Districts leader still gets a taxpayer-funded salary of $360,000 a year and six-figure public pension contribution, Suburban Tax Watchdog Jake Griffin writes.
Dawn Patrol: State government shut down, or is it? Saad leaving HawksUpdated Jul 1, 2015 5:52 AM
1-month budget fix debated as state government shutdown looms; Police: Fleeing driver caused 2nd crash that sent 5 to hospital; Volo woman charged in 3 bank robberies; Police, FBI investigating Mount Prospect bank robbery; Blackhawks trade star forward Saad to Blue Jackets; Rozner: Chicago Blackhawks, Saad feel salary-cap pain again; U.S. heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany; Hendricks, 3 relievers shut down Mets in Cubs’ 1-0 win
Will Preckwinkle reconsider sales tax hike? Only if pension reform passesUpdated Jun 30, 2015 8:03 PM
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Tuesday she’ll re-evaluate a proposed penny-on-the-dollar sales tax increase if lawmakers in Springfield act on county pension reform. “We worked hard for two years on this in Springfield and we didn’t get the cooperation we hoped for and expected,” she said during an interview with the Daily Herald Editorial Board.
Dawn Patrol: Pride Parade a ‘victory lap’; St. Charles cyclist dies during fundraiserUpdated Jun 29, 2015 6:01 AM
Pride Parade a 'victory lap' for gay couples. St. Charles cyclist dies during Bike MS event. Accreditation agency delays COD visit. Water fights the highlight of annual fest. BET Awards honor musical legends. Cubs swept in St. Louis.
- Dawn Patrol: 135 years for shooting deputies; MJ drafts Lisle’s Frank Kaminsky
- Sales tax hike should be ‘very last resort,’ GOP leader says
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- ‘UnpredicTable’ offers a feast for your eyes
- Lakeside Festival opens Thursday
- Sedgebrook resident’s book looks at life as a spy
- Liz Pawlik Art Exhibit
- July 10: New exhibit by Maureen Fritchen opens at CLC Art Gallery
- Teens pedal in Illinois tour to celebrate graduation
- Park Ridge and Schaumburg Offices of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff Realty Work Together for Little City Foundation
- Summer driving tips to help cut your fuel costs
- Northern Illinois Food Bank receives $20,000 grant from ConAgra Foods Foundation
- 45 Culver’s locations to support Special Olympics Illinois with ButterBurgers & Badges event
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Park Ridge News
- Park Ridge Sports
- Elk Grove man gets 46 years for molesting girls
- Park Ridge Business
- Palatine rabid bat the 4th in Cook County this year
- 13 new emergency rooms at Lutheran General
- Commissioner: Preckwinkle floating sales tax hike
- Park Ridge Entertainment
- Dogs ready to help scared victims in court
- Palatine rabid bat the 4th in Cook County this year
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587