Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Expect more mild temperatures after odd February weather, meteorologist saysNo measurable snow since Christmas, temperatures in the 60s and 70s, plus thunderstorms and tornados. What happened to winter in Chicago?Last Updated Feb 28, 2017 7:30 PM
Maine West welcomes new therapy dogUpdated Feb 28, 2017 6:06 AM
Teddy, a young golden retriever, is the new therapy dog at Maine West High School in Des Plaines.
Democrats stress immigration, health care with choice of guests to Trump speechUpdated Feb 27, 2017 9:25 PM
Suburban Democratic members of Congress are making political statements on Republican President Donald Trump’s stances on immigration and health care by their choices of guests to the president’s address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday.
Police searching for inmate mistakenly released from prisonUpdated Feb 27, 2017 6:39 PM
An inmate facing murder charges was mistakenly released from the Illinois Department of Corrections, Cook County sheriff’s officials said Monday.
Oakton to unveil new art for museumUpdated Feb 27, 2017 5:09 PM
Oakton Community College’s Koehnline Museum of Art will display more than 50 new acquisitions starting Thursday.
Cook County Clerk Orr to lead discussion on TIF districtsUpdated Feb 27, 2017 4:08 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr will host a Tax Increment Financing Forum on Thursday addressing the current state and future of TIFs, with a focus on TIF transparency.
Oakton closing Des Plaines campus preschoolUpdated Feb 24, 2017 7:31 PM
Oakton Community College’s board voted Tuesday to close a preschool on the school’s Des Plaines campus in June.
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Janet Boyle, Joy Feinberg Named to Prestigious List of Attorneys
- COD Instructor Receives Prestigious National Teaching Award
- Banner Personnel wins 2017 Best of Staffing!
- Call to Artists for Des Plaines Chautauqua Arts Festival in May
- COD Track and Field Athletes Ready for NJCAA Indoor Championships
- COD Horticulture Students Receive Statewide Recognition from ILCA
- Registration Begins End of March for Summer Classes at College of DuPage
- College of DuPage Hosts CODCON XXII Gaming Convention ‘It’s About Time’ April 7 to 9
- What women should know about heart disease
- February Is National Senior Independence Month
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Park Ridge News
- Park Ridge Sports
- Conant returns to state; St. Charles East bows out
- Maine West’s playoff march continues
- ‘Final Five’ set for sectional semifinals
- Park Ridge Business
- Oakton hosting small business expo
- Park Ridge Entertainment
- Maine West welcomes new therapy dog
- Oakton to unveil new art for museum
- Pastor: Crawfords ‘a loving, caring family’
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587