Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Kim Foxx sworn in as Cook County state’s attorneyPromising “transparency” and building trust with many in the community who are “angry and grieving,” Kim Foxx was sworn in Thursday as Cook County’s first black female state’s attorney.Last Updated Dec 1, 2016 7:29 PM
School board candidates can file in Prospect Heights Dec. 12Updated Nov 30, 2016 12:58 PM
Candidates for Northwest suburban Cook County school districts can file their nominating paperwork for the April 4 election at the Rob Roy Golf Course, 505 E. Camp McDonald Road in Prospect Heights, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the first day of candidate filing, Monday, Dec. 12.
Preckwinkle to be keynote speaker at suburban MLK DinnerUpdated Nov 30, 2016 12:43 PM
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle will serve as the keynote speaker at the Illinois Commission on Diversity and Human Relations’ annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Remembrance and Celebration Dinner on Jan. 12 in Hoffman Estates.
Des Plaines Bank & Trust to open ThursdayUpdated Nov 27, 2016 4:38 PM
A ribbon cutting is scheduled for Thursday morning at the new Des Plaines Bank & Trust in unincorporated Maine Township.
Cook County sheriff launches discrimination hotlineUpdated Dec 1, 2016 5:23 PM
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office launched a discrimination hotline Thursday for anyone who believes they are being threatened or targeted as a result of their religion, race, nationality and/or sexual orientation.
Cook County plans to demolish three jail buildingsUpdated Nov 30, 2016 12:12 PM
Cook County will demolish three buildings in its jail complex in Chicago, a move officials say will reduce the facility’s population to its lowest level since 1991 and save more than $3 million in operating costs next year.
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Local manufacturing company hosts students for Manufacturing Day
- College of DuPage Multimedia Services Win at Annual Telly Awards
- Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert returns to Symphony Center
- The Harbour’s “Ms. Elouise” finds great purpose improving the lives of young women
- Park Ridge, Niles Residents Uncork Inner Artists with Bottle & Bottega
- COD Students Win HVACR Contest Hosted by the Chicago Pipe Fitters Local Union 597
- COD Honors 2016 Class of Distinguished Alumni
- Dr. Louis Imburgia becomes President-elect of the Chicago Dental Society
- Culver’s of Morton Grove Collecting Toys for Advocate Lutheran General
- College of DuPage Town Hall Meetings Kick Off in Carol Stream
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Park Ridge News
- Park Ridge Sports
- The drama continues with this weekend’s championship games
- Park Ridge Business
- Des Plaines Bank & Trust to open Thursday
- The Daily Herald’s holiday lights contest returns
- Park Ridge Entertainment
- Hunger Network links surplus food with those in need
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587