Communities » Crystal Lake Area News
Crystal Lake collision seriously injures SUV driverAn SUV driver was flown from the scene of a serious crash Monday afternoon in Crystal Lake, police say.Last Updated Aug 22, 2016 6:58 PM
Low-profile veterans support group celebrates 20 yearsPosted Aug 22, 2016 6:00 AM
TLS Veterans in McHenry just might be the best kept secret among organizations reaching out to military families. Its leaders want to let the secret out.
Boys soccer: Elgin, Crystal Lake South, Burlington Central earn winsUpdated Aug 27, 2016 8:42 PM
Elgin’s boys soccer team moved to 2-0 for the season Saturday with a 6-1 nonconference win over Oswego East.
Girls volleyball: Kaneland upsets Glenbard West to win tournamentUpdated Aug 27, 2016 8:30 PM
The Kaneland girls volleyball team pulled of quite the upset Saturday, defeating last year’s Class 4A state runner-up Glenbard West to win the Wheaton North tournament.
Cross country: Crystal Lake South duo takes top McHenry County honorsUpdated Aug 27, 2016 3:49 PM
Crystal Lake South’s Jack Becker was the boys’ champion while the Gators’ Caitlin Bruzzini won the girls’ race Saturday at the McHenry County cross country meet.
Girls volleyball: Scouting the Fox ValleyUpdated Aug 27, 2016 3:05 PM
Here’s what to expect from the girls volleyball teams in the Fox Valley area for the 2016 season.
Prairie Ridge upends Cary-GroveUpdated Aug 26, 2016 11:27 PM
Cary-Grove fell to Prairie Ridge 26-14 Friday night in the Trojans’ football season opener.
Grant worn down by CL CentralUpdated Aug 26, 2016 10:33 PM
Grant’s defense played well in the first half, but the offense couldn’t move the ball and Crystal Lake Central pulled away in the second half for a 42-7 nonconference victory.
Scouting Week 1 in the Fox ValleyUpdated Aug 27, 2016 1:35 AM
Here's a look at the Week 1 football games involving Fox Valley area teams.
- Girls volleyball: South Elgin falls to Schaumburg
- Boys soccer: Crystal Lake South notches first win
- Huntley would appear the team to beat in division-less FVC
- Girls volleyball: Larkin tops St. Edward in 3
- Boys soccer: Elgin, Streamwood post season-opening wins
- Boys soccer: Jacobs, Dundee-Crown open with wins
Crystal Lake Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Three tips to cope when the world feels like chaos
- Northern Illinois post offices will close for Labor Day
- Month-long Roadside Safety Check in West Chicago
- COD President Dr. Ann Rondeau Keynotes Veterans Day at Illinois State Fair
- College of DuPage Celebrates Investiture of President Dr. Ann Rondeau
- College of DuPage Board Approves Participation in CAREER Consortium
- Artful Women series continues with author Elizabeth Berg Sunday
- CKI to celebrate Rosh Hodesh at Anderson Gardens
- Cary Park District to host Happy Trails Fishing Derby
- College of DuPage to Host ‘Writing on the Edge’ Conference Sept. 24
- The Easter Bunny and Bunny Assistant, Madalynn Emberton, welcomed over 100 children at the Living Waters Lutheran Church Community Easter Egg Hunt on April 4th. The event was a great success with 4,000 filled eggs to be found, plus coffee and treats for the adults. Anne Tanner
- Cadette Girl Scouts Kaity McDougall (left) and Angela Becker (right) explain their idea for a pay it forward week in Crystal Lake to city council members during Tuesday's Crystal Lake City Council Meeting Kim Becker
- Bishop Malloy shakes the hand of newly confirmed, Hunter Loprino, 8th grade student at St. Mary School. Mindy Strange
Crystal Lake Resident Donates at 'Blood Drive for Bonnie'
Ron Roesslein, Crystal Lake, was among many area residents who visited the LifeSource blood drive “Blood Drive for Bonnie” held March 16 at Crystal Lake Ice House Skating Rink. A first-time blood donor, Roesslein donated blood to benefit 12-year-old Bonnie Vonder Haar of Ingleside, who was diagnosed with leukemia last month. The LifeSource blood drive was sponsored by the McHenry County Youth Hockey community, and her teammates from the Youth 14 Girls Yellowjacket Hockey team. Silbar Public Relations
- Crystal Lake resident Alicia Grojean enjoys a light moment with Chicago Blackhawks' mascot "TommyHawk" after donating blood at a LifeSource blood drive held in Rosemont March 21. Dave Silbar
- Face N Time rocked Middleton's on Main in Wauconda on Saturday night with an all-electric show. Next up: The Gambler, 1232 N. Green St., McHenry on May 16 at 9:30 p.m. Come on out! k gerdts
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Kaity McDougall (on left) and Angela Becker (right) of Girl Scout Troop 421 in Crystal Lake lead the Pledge of Allegiance at Tuesday's (4-7-15) City Council Meeting Kim Becker
- Saint Mary eighth-graders Savannah Dudzik and Maureen Keisling crown a statue of Mary on May 5, 2015 in the May Crowning ceremony after a school Mass at Saint Mary Church in Woodstock. Mindy Strange
- The Knights of Columbus Council 3880, and the parishioners of Saint Thomas The apostle Church in Crystal Lake, collected over 3,000 diapers during a mother's day diaper drive. The drive was coordinated by Pat Slowey and the diapers were donated to 1st Way Pregnancy Support Services in Johnsburg. Pat Slowey
- This little chipmunk has been hanging out in our yard but he's totally different than other chipmunks, he's white! Jim Christensen
- Mayor Aaron T. Shepley (far left), Kaity McDougall (middle) and Angela Becker (right) pose after Mayor Shepley read and signed the proclamation brought forth by three Girl Scouts. Missing from the picture is Alex Kearney, the third Girl Scout working on the Pay it Forward project. She was out of town this day and missed the meeting Monte McDougall
- 28 Mixed Media pieces by Peggy Gannon will be displayed at the Starline Gallery in Harvard April 25 from 6-9 p.m. Peggy Gannon
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- Girl Scout Troop 1230 of Huntley, collected more than 70 backpacks during April for Autism Awareness Month. The Troop held a community backpack drive to benefit Alexander Leigh Center for Autism. The backpacks will be used by the staff and students of ALCA throughout the coming year. ALCA teacher Nicole McCarthy, far left, accepted the backpacks from members of the Troop on April 27 during an open house held at the Crystal Lake school. The troop toured ALCA after making their generous donation. Kathrine Pfister Violett
- Dancers from Haper College Dance and Pom team and from Summers Academy of Dance in Crystal Lake, helped instruct mini-routines and hosted fun free-style dancing on Feb. 15th for tweens ages 10-14. The next Hip Hop Explosion is on March 15th for $6. Janet Kay of from me 2 you photography
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
- Crystal Lake resident Mike Steinlauf of Zurich Insurance performs a magic card trick for King Rocco, 8, during the Make-A-Wish Send-off at Zurich's North American headquarters in Schaumburg. Rocco was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor, a rare kidney cancer that primarily affects children, and his wish of touring castles will come true this summer when his family goes to Germany. To prepare Rocco for the trip, Zurich employees dressed up and transformed the Zurich Towers into a magical castle to provide their king the full medieval experience. The event is part of Zurich’s Global Community Week, a global effort celebrated across 44 countries that recognizes the efforts of Zurich employees supporting their communities throughout the year. Zurich North America
- Zurich North America Commercial CEO Mike Foley crowns Rocco, 8, king of Zurich Insurance for the day. King Rocco visited Zurich's North American headquarters in Schaumburg on Monday for a Make-A-Wish Send-off, which celebrates the fact that he will get to realize his wish of touring castles in Germany this summer. The event is part of Zurich’s Global Community Week, a global effort celebrated across 44 countries that recognizes the efforts of Zurich employees supporting their communities throughout the year. Zurich North America
More Crystal Lake News
- Crystal Lake Sports
- Boys soccer: Elgin, Crystal Lake South, Burlington Central earn wins
- Girls volleyball: Kaneland upsets Glenbard West to win tournament
- Cross country: Crystal Lake South duo takes top McHenry County honors
- Girls volleyball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Prairie Ridge upends Cary-Grove
- Grant worn down by CL Central
- Scouting Week 1 in the Fox Valley
- Girls volleyball: South Elgin falls to Schaumburg
- Crystal Lake Entertainment
- Low-profile veterans support group celebrates 20 years
- Suburban pilot ready to soar at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Constable: New Cubs feeling inspires new Cubs anthem
- Jon Lovitz, Richard Marx to play Raue Center
- Crystal Lake Opinion
- No roads named after this Walkup
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Crystal Lake Central High School
- 45 W. Franklin St.
Crystal Lake, Il 60014
- Crystal Lake South High School
- 1200 S. McHenry Av.
Crystal Lake, Il 60014
- Prairie Ridge High School
- 6000 Dvorak Dr.
Crystal Lake, Il 60012
Daily Herald Communities
- A Good Place to Live
- 60012, 60014
- 42.226423, -88.335439
- McHenry County