Communities » Northfield Area News
Des Plaines man dies from fall at food packaging plantA 60-year-old Des Plaines man died Friday after falling 40 feet in a food packaging plant in Crest Hill.Last Updated Jan 16, 2017 10:01 AM
Tax incentives to grow Elk Grove, Schaumburg businessesUpdated Jan 19, 2017 4:34 PM
Cook County commissioners have approved two Class 6B tax incentive requests for businesses in Elk Grove Village and Schaumburg that will create new jobs and retain existing ones.
Flood warning issued in Cook, DuPage, Will countiesUpdated Jan 17, 2017 6:46 AM
A flood warning has been issues for areas in DuPage and Cook counties, officials from the National Weather Service has reported.
Recently shared by others
- MAC to Host Second Annual ‘Apollo Live!” Student Talent Competition
- COD One of First Colleges in Illinois to Offer Early Childhood Administration Degree
- College of DuPage President Dr. Ann Rondeau Signs 788 Diplomas
- COD Hosts ‘Pack the Place’ Men’s, Women’s Basketball Event Feb. 4
- Tom Cullerton announces Illinois crowdfunding is ready to go
- Every Night Is Date Night For Monarch Landing Couple
- Free Federal/State Electronic Tax Filing Help at COD Feb. 27 through April 15
- Chicago Sinfonietta gave its annual tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Global Flicks Film International Film Festival Begins at COD Feb. 1
- Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data, Enabling Trust Focus of January 19 National Data Privacy Day Event At LifeWorking Coworking
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Dandelion Gallery in Waukegan will honor Hispanic Heritage Month with a large installation by Mexican-American emerging artist Katrina Davis-Salazar titled "Oración de los Números: Economizing Memory, Sanity, & Hours." This show will coincide with ArtWauk and also will include work by 23 talented member artists. Opening reception will be 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15 at Dandelion Gallery, 109 S. Genesee St. Davis-Salazar's works will be priced from $12 to $500 and sold in interactive ways that resemble a warehouse sale. Katrina Davis Salazar
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.101927, -87.775079