Communities » Westmont Area News
Ex-church deacon pleads not guilty to sexually abusing childA 51-year-old Wheaton man pleaded not guilty Monday to 18 counts of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and five counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.Last Updated Sep 26, 2016 1:01 PM
Community colleges say they’re forced to rely more on federal grantsUpdated Sep 26, 2016 4:27 PM
Elgin Community College President David Sam says with state funding for higher education in a flux, community colleges are relying more on federal grants than ever before.
Bloomingdale PTO treasurer pleads guilty to theftUpdated Sep 26, 2016 12:00 PM
The former PTO treasurer of Bloomingdale’s Winnebago Elementary School could face between three and seven years in prison after admitting to stealing money from the organization’s bank account.
Naperville Olympian makes local appearanceUpdated Sep 24, 2016 5:43 PM
Olympic swimmer and gold medalist Kevin Cordes of Naperville was the special guest during Saturday’s Run for the Mind 5K at St. James Farm near Warrenville.
Bail set at $3.5 million in Glen Elyn kidnapping, armed robberyUpdated Sep 23, 2016 9:06 PM
Bail was set at $3.5 million for the accused gunman who threatened to “put a hole” in a kidnapped Wheaton College student.
Four candidates seek two seats in DuPage County Board Dist. 5Updated Sep 23, 2016 5:57 PM
Get acquainted with the four candidates seeking two seats representing District 5 on the DuPage County board.
Aurora man charged with 2013 arson of two carsUpdated Sep 23, 2016 11:49 AM
A 21-year-old man has been charged with lighting two cars on fire in March 2013 on Aurora’s near east side.
Wheaton attorney facing theft charges is disbarredUpdated Sep 23, 2016 10:56 AM
Robert Beck, a Wheaton attorney charged with stealing more than $2 million from clients, has been disbarred.
DuPage County auditor candidates spar over qualificationsUpdated Sep 23, 2016 5:47 AM
Both candidates for DuPage County auditor are trying to make a case for why their opponent shouldn’t serve in the position.
- Trial set for ex-Wheaton College wrestler charged in deaths of wife, unborn son
- Third suspect arrested in Glen Ellyn kidnapping
- Chicago man sentenced to 6 months in jail for running over Oak Brook detective with car
- Wheaton College employee charged with having child porn
Recently shared by others
- Team Birches joins Walk to End Alzheimer’s for 15th year
- Birches Assisted Living offers programs to support caregivers
- COD to Host Natural Resources Symposium Oct. 27
- Ninety-Eight Years and Counting
- Chef paired dinner with local winery
- North Park University Celebrates 125 Years of Quality Academics, Faith and Diversity
- Falconaires Orchestra will wow audience with an Oct. 9 latin-inspired concert
- Coaster Challenge this weekend to benefit athletes of Special Olympics Illinois
- COD to Host College Fair Oct. 18
- Serve City holding girls volleyball club tryouts in 7 cities in October
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
- Barth Pond on 55th Street floods over , closing the road.. Timothy Miskell
- A car gets engulfed by flooding waters on 55th Street in Downers Grove next to Barth Pond Timothy Miskell
- House along 55th Street in Westmont get their own little ponds. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding along 55th Street in Westmont today. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding left 55th Street a mess , causing many loacl ponds to flood over. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
- Flooding throught Westmont and Downers Grove leave many stranded along 55th Street Timothy Miskell Westmont,Il.
- Flooding along 55th Street spills out into side streets in Westmont. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding left many people with miniature ponds in their yards. Taken along 55th Street. Timothy Miskell of Westmont,Il.
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
- Many schools closed through out the area. Some busses were still on the road trying to get through , 55th Street Westmont,Il. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding leaves many stranded along 55th Street in Downers Grove and Westmont. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
Members of the Zonta Club of Oak Brook recently assisted "Poised for Success" in Lombard during its monthly clothing drop-off day April 13. Pictured are Lombard resident Kathy Raker on the left and Kay Van Vreede from Clarendon Hills. Poised for
Success promotes economic self-sufficiency for women, especially those re-entering the workforce,by providing contemporary career clothing. The Zonta Club of Oak Brook, as a member of Zonta International, advances the status of women through service and advocacy. Susan Barton
More Westmont News
- Westmont Sports
- Naperville Olympian makes local appearance
- Westmont Business
- Wheaton attorney facing theft charges is disbarred
- How a Naperville man got hooked on fly tying
- Westmont Opinion
- Time to celebrate the arts in schools
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Westmont High School
- 909 N. Oakwood Dr.
Westmont, Il 60559
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.79448, -87.976433
- DuPage County