Communities » Westmont Area News
DuPage adjunct professors get contract extension, raisesAdjunct professors at the College of DuPage are set to receive salary increases as part of a two-year contract extension approved Thursday by the college’s board of trustees. College officials offered the contract extension to adjuncts as a package along with a plan to create a new “lecturer” position that would allow some adjuncts to receive health care benefits under the new federal health care law.Last Updated May 17, 2013 12:19 AM
Recently shared by others
- Camps Combine Outdoor Experiences with Girls’ Modern Interests
- Charities unite to bring physical education to youth organizations in Latin America
- Alexis Reisch of Bolingbrook and Meghan Thome of Naperville are the 2013 Outstanding Graduates at College of DuPage.
- Advocate Good Shepherd Breast Center Receives Accreditation from NAPBC
- Guerin Prep soccer wins 1st regional title in school history
- Local Lions donate $1,600 to help two needy seniors
- neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday Announces Artists
- Teen Talent Show auditions happening in June
- You'll be surprised by these facts about arthritis
- Outstanding Divisional Faculty Members for 2012-2013
- Deven Ferber of Lombard (left) as Sherlock Holmes and Tom Viskocil of Woodridge as the King of Bohemia rehearse a scene for Wheaton Drama's "Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure". The show opens January 25 and plays through February 17 at Playhouse 111 in downtown Wheaton. Visit www.wheatondrama.org Steven Merkel
- Guest speaker J.J. O'Connor, center, chats with PAL/Clearbrook supporters at the 16th annual PAL fundraiser. Clearbrook
- Barth Pond on 55th Street floods over , closing the road.. Timothy Miskell
- A car gets engulfed by flooding waters on 55th Street in Downers Grove next to Barth Pond Timothy Miskell
- The Choral-aires Chorus placed second in the Community Teams category raising funds for breast cancer research last month, missing first place by only $25. The chorus raised $3,985 by the time the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure rolled around, with more donations still coming, surpassing their original goal of $3,000. The Choral-Aires has five current chorus members that either have, or have had, breast cancer. And this year, 2 of the team members discovered that their mothers have breast cancer, so they were walking on race day for their moms. One member of our team, Kara Gray, celebrated her 10 years without breast cancer this year. While not a Chorus member, she is the daughter of long-time member Martha Anderson, who also walked with the team on race day. Lindsey Herza
- On Jan. 21, Elmhurst City Clerk Patty Spencer presented the Choral-Aires Chorus with a proclamation declaring January "Sweet Adelines Month." The Choral-Aires, an Elmhurst-based Sweet Adelines International chapter, is hosting Guest Nights each Monday in January from 6:45-9:45 pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church Recreation Center as part of the SAI Global Open House event. Pictured, from left, are: Co-Director Bonnie Fedyski, Patty Spencer, Co-Director Amy Brinkman, and Chorus President Nancy Smith. Valerie Baxter
"Delightful and Delicious!"
George and Sarah Naxera of Kildeer sample mouth-watering morsels from 20 local restaurants at Clearbrook's fourth annual "Around the World Food Tasting" on Oct. 16 at Arlington Toyota-Scion in Palatine. Proceeds from the event went to the 3,400 children and adults with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other developmental/intellectual disabilities that Clearbrook serves. Colleen Gallagher
- House along 55th Street in Westmont get their own little ponds. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding along 55th Street in Westmont today. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding left 55th Street a mess , causing many loacl ponds to flood over. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
- Flooding throught Westmont and Downers Grove leave many stranded along 55th Street Timothy Miskell Westmont,Il.
- Flooding along 55th Street spills out into side streets in Westmont. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding left many people with miniature ponds in their yards. Taken along 55th Street. Timothy Miskell of Westmont,Il.
- Emery Moorhead from the 85 Chicago Bears (second from right) spins the roulette wheel for Clearbrook at their Spring Casino Night held on March 2 in Palatine. Moorehead was one of five former NFL players who volunteered at Clearbrooks Spring Casino Night. Clearbrook
Gather Your Girlfriends for Martinis, Massages, and More: No kids. No men. Just women, wine, and golf.
From left, Bonnie Newman, Carolyn Szaflik, Lori Runquist, and Tracy Baron show off their creative ensembles that won them "Best Dressed Foursome" at last year's Clearbrook Women's Classic Golf Outing. Colleen Gallagher
- Clearbrook president Carl M. La Mell (center) chats with Newsapalooza creators, Grammy award winner, Richard Marx (left) and radio personality, Roe Conn. Newsapalooza is a rock & roll stage show, featuring Chicago media talents singing and/or playing instruments. This year's show benefitted Clearbrook. M. Samskhina
- Oct. 12 is I Love Yarn Day sponsored by the Craft Yarn Council. The International phenomenon of "Yarn Bombing" arrived in Arlington Heights last night as several passionate crocheters from the crochet guild adorned the statues at the Arlington Heights library Gwen Blakley Kinsler
- A handful of local private ambulances have given resources to the East Coast to help out the preparation of Hurricane Sandy and Noreaster Storm Athena. Bless their hearts A-TEC Ambulance, Inc.
- Illinois State Rep. Ron Sandak (R-81) talks to guests at a recent briefing for members of the General Assembly and other key state officials. The event, hosted by Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, discussed the hospital's role in providing services to children who rely on Medicaid. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Picture of newly crowned Ms. Wheelchair, Illinois
Danielle Austin. She will be making her inaugural appearance at the EHLS Open House April 24 at 210 W Campus Drive, Suite B, Arlington Heights, and will be signing autographs and answering questions. Danielle Austin
- Father and son, Michael Imhoud (left) and SASED Transitions Program student Majid Imhoud (right) enjoying the newly rennovated Transitions Program facility. Anita Howard
- Many schools closed through out the area. Some busses were still on the road trying to get through , 55th Street Westmont,Il. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding leaves many stranded along 55th Street in Downers Grove and Westmont. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
- Donated to the community by West Chicago resident Maria Villela, the City's official Christmas tree is installed at 306 Main Street in downtown West Chicago, where it will be lit at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at West Chicago's Frosty Fest. Krista Coltrin
- Members of the Friends of Clearbrook Committee take a break between flights of wine to pose at Clearbrooks 49th Annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting that took place on February 23, 2013 at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. The event drew nearly 400 people. Chicago Corporate Photography
Bob Smith DuPage County Editor
Christie Willhite Assistant City Editor
Orrin Schwarz DuPage County High School Sports Coordinator and Pro Sports Writer
Scott Sanders DuPage County Photo Editor