Communities » Westmont Area News
Former COD Foundation employee alleges gender discriminationA former College of DuPage Foundation employee alleges in a federal lawsuit that he was discriminated against by his female supervisors for being the only male employee in his department.Last Updated Nov 25, 2015 4:14 PM
State’s attorney investigating police-involved shooting in LisleUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:50 PM
The investigation into the Oct. 10 fatal shooting of a burglary suspect by a Lisle police officer is now in the hands of the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.
DuPage County approves budget that cuts 10 sheriff’s office jobsUpdated Nov 24, 2015 4:39 PM
In a move strongly criticized by Sheriff John Zaruba, DuPage County Board members on Tuesday approved a $444.4 million budget for the coming fiscal year that eliminates 10 full-time positions at the sheriff’s office.
Here’s how DuPage, Will primaries are shaping upUpdated Nov 24, 2015 8:38 AM
More than a dozen countywide, county board and forest preserve candidates lined up outside the DuPage County Election Commission office on Monday morning to file nominating petitions to enter the March 15 primary.
Man gets six months in jail for blackmailing women for sexUpdated Nov 23, 2015 9:58 PM
An 18-year-old Aurora man who threatened to distribute nude photos of two women unless they had sex with him has been sentenced to 180 days in jail.
Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft countsUpdated Nov 23, 2015 7:16 PM
A DuPage County jury deliberated for just more than hour Monday evening before convicting former Burr Ridge real estate broker Harry "Bud" Simons of theft.
Rematch set for DuPage forest preserve boardUpdated Nov 23, 2015 2:47 PM
Aurora Republican Carl Schultz looks to regain the DuPage County Forest Preserve District 5 seat he lost to incumbent Commissioner Mary Lou Wehrli, of Naperville. Wehrli says its an exciting time to be a commissioner and she's not giving the seat up without a fight.
Police investigating murder near West ChicagoUpdated Nov 21, 2015 7:14 PM
The DuPage County Sheriff’s office is investigating the murder of a 27-year-old man at the intersection of Highlake and DuPage avenues just outside West Chicago. Police received a call of a person lying on the side of the road at about 11 p.m. Friday.
Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat PackersUpdated Nov 27, 2015 6:02 AM
One person shot in Elgin. Crowds pack Lake Zurich Culver's for meal. Runners earn Thanksgiving dinner in Batavia. Great Lakes recruits treated to games and dinner. Old and new friends break bread at Lazarus House. A look at this weekend's IHSA football title games. Bears carve out a win in Green Bay.
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
Recently shared by others
- Tap House Grill: A Gathering Place with Addictive Food and Creative Brews
- The Birches gives thanks and gives back
- #ILGive looks to raise $6 million for social impact organizations in one day
- Birches’ Breathe program promotes stress reduction among seniors
- More Than 130 Participants Gather for Student Success Symposium
- Courier TV Receives Two Illinois Broadcast Association Silver Dome Awards
- Volunteers invited to share hope, love during special holiday meal-packing sessions
- COD Chaparral Gridders Face Arizona Western College Matadors in El Toro Bowl Dec. 5
- COD to Host 14th Annual Pathophysiology Panorama Dec. 2
- College of DuPage Selects Presidential Search Firm
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
- Barth Pond on 55th Street floods over , closing the road.. Timothy Miskell
- A car gets engulfed by flooding waters on 55th Street in Downers Grove next to Barth Pond Timothy Miskell
- House along 55th Street in Westmont get their own little ponds. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding along 55th Street in Westmont today. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding left 55th Street a mess , causing many loacl ponds to flood over. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
- Flooding throught Westmont and Downers Grove leave many stranded along 55th Street Timothy Miskell Westmont,Il.
- Flooding along 55th Street spills out into side streets in Westmont. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding left many people with miniature ponds in their yards. Taken along 55th Street. Timothy Miskell of Westmont,Il.
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
- Many schools closed through out the area. Some busses were still on the road trying to get through , 55th Street Westmont,Il. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding leaves many stranded along 55th Street in Downers Grove and Westmont. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
Members of the Zonta Club of Oak Brook recently assisted "Poised for Success" in Lombard during its monthly clothing drop-off day April 13. Pictured are Lombard resident Kathy Raker on the left and Kay Van Vreede from Clarendon Hills. Poised for
Success promotes economic self-sufficiency for women, especially those re-entering the workforce,by providing contemporary career clothing. The Zonta Club of Oak Brook, as a member of Zonta International, advances the status of women through service and advocacy. Susan Barton
More Westmont News
- Westmont Business
- Burr Ridge real estate broker guilty on all theft counts
- Closing arguments to begin Monday in Burr Ridge real estate agent’s trial
- Prosecutors: Burr Ridge broker accused of theft risked losing franchise
- Burr Ridge real estate broker accused of stealing earnest money
- Lagestee-Mulder buys Burr Ridge office center
- Westmont Opinion
- Editorial: Bigotry against Muslims is no answer to ISIS terrorism
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Westmont High School
- 909 N. Oakwood Dr.
Westmont, Il 60559
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.79448, -87.976433
- DuPage County