Communities » Westmont Area News
Decorated Army veteran pleads guilty to child porn chargesA Downers Grove man and decorated Army veteran was sentenced Wednesday to 180 days in DuPage County jail and 30 months of sex offender probation.Last Updated Mar 22, 2017 3:19 PM
IMRF: Simple resolution could end pensions for elected DuPage forest officialsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:12 PM
DuPage County Forest Preserve District commissioners can immediately eliminate their taxpayer-funded pensions if they simply pass a resolution saying they’re doing less than 1,000 hours of work each year. But it appears unlikely most commissioners would support that declaration after years of asserting their $50,000-a-year positions are more than just part-time jobs.
Community colleges to share career programsUpdated Mar 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Community college districts statewide have agreed to share career and technical education programs so students can access programs unavailable at their home colleges.
Hanover Park man facing child porn chargesUpdated Mar 22, 2017 6:08 PM
A Hanover Park man is being held on $100,000 bail after being charged in a child pornography investigation.
4 charged in Aurora underage hotel sex stingUpdated Mar 21, 2017 2:35 PM
Four people have been charged with traveling to an Aurora hotel March 10 to have sex with a child or children for money.
Two trustees running for Roselle village presidentUpdated Mar 20, 2017 10:52 AM
Two sitting Roselle trustees are vying for the village’s top elected post to replace retiring Village President Gayle Smolinski, who is stepping down after 24 years. Wayne Domke has served on the village board for six years and Andrew “Andy” Maglio has served for eight years.
McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, morePosted Mar 20, 2017 6:00 AM
A wide variety of music and some classic movies will highlight the 2017 Lakeside Pavilion Free Outdoor Summer Series sponsored by the McAninch Arts Center on the Glen Ellyn campus of the College of DuPage.
Glen Ellyn, COD putting feud behind themUpdated Mar 17, 2017 4:16 PM
Disagreements between College of DuPage and Glen Ellyn about electronic signs and other issues resulted in DuPage County accepting regulatory control over the school’s campus in 2012. Now there’s a proposal to return that authority back to Glen Ellyn.
Sentencing begins for Aurora man who touched women’s feetUpdated Mar 20, 2017 4:18 PM
A 55-year-year-old Warrenville woman told police she was “freaked out” and “felt like such a victim” last April when a stranger continuously rubbed his bare feet against her toes at the Warrenville Public Library. The sentencing hearing for Omar Carlton, who pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated battery in a public place, began Monday.
- Voting early? Check out our online election guide
Recently shared by others
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s annual outreach program engages students
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class April 25
- COD Hosts Floral Design Career Development Competition
- COD to Host ‘Facts, Fluff and How to Tell the Difference’ Panel Discussion April 5
- Colorectal Cancer: It’s preventable and treatable but it’s the 2nd leading cause of cancer death
- Italian-American committee offers scholarships
- COD Board of Trustees Votes to Keep Tuition Flat for the Next Year
- College of DuPage Board of Trustees Approves New Intergovernmental Agreement with Village of Glen Ellyn
- COD Celebrates the French-Speaking World
- COD Instructor Featured at Prestigious Art and Design Event in Chicago
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
- Barth Pond on 55th Street floods over , closing the road.. Timothy Miskell
- A car gets engulfed by flooding waters on 55th Street in Downers Grove next to Barth Pond Timothy Miskell
- House along 55th Street in Westmont get their own little ponds. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding along 55th Street in Westmont today. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding left 55th Street a mess , causing many loacl ponds to flood over. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
- Flooding throught Westmont and Downers Grove leave many stranded along 55th Street Timothy Miskell Westmont,Il.
- Flooding along 55th Street spills out into side streets in Westmont. Timothy Miskell
- Flooding left many people with miniature ponds in their yards. Taken along 55th Street. Timothy Miskell of Westmont,Il.
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
- Many schools closed through out the area. Some busses were still on the road trying to get through , 55th Street Westmont,Il. Timothy Miskell
- Today's flooding leaves many stranded along 55th Street in Downers Grove and Westmont. Timothy Miskell of Westmont
Members of the Zonta Club of Oak Brook recently assisted "Poised for Success" in Lombard during its monthly clothing drop-off day April 13. Pictured are Lombard resident Kathy Raker on the left and Kay Van Vreede from Clarendon Hills. Poised for
Success promotes economic self-sufficiency for women, especially those re-entering the workforce,by providing contemporary career clothing. The Zonta Club of Oak Brook, as a member of Zonta International, advances the status of women through service and advocacy. Susan Barton
More Westmont News
- Westmont Business
- College of DuPage offers building automation systems certificate
- Westmont Entertainment
- McAninch summer lineup: Music tributes, movies, more
- Westmont Opinion
- COD endorsements: Fenne, Markwell for board of trustees
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Downers Grove North High School
- 4436 Main St.
Downers Grove, Il 60515
- Downers Grove South High School
- 1436 Norfolk
Downers Grove, Il 60516
- Navy/Columbia Blue
- Westmont High School
- 909 N. Oakwood Dr.
Westmont, Il 60559
Daily Herald Communities
- 41.79448, -87.976433
- DuPage County