Communities » Huntley Area News
Police: Huntley man killed his wifeA 64-year-old Huntley man is accused of killing his 63-year-old wife who died from injuries sustained during a domestic battery, police said. Edward Hartgraves, of the 10000 block of Longfield Drive, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Carol Hartgraves, police said.Last Updated Mar 25, 2015 7:01 PM
3 pigs perish in morning Huntley barn fireUpdated Mar 23, 2015 3:47 PM
Three pigs perished in an early morning barn fire Monday on a family farm in the area of Coyne Station and Ernesti roads in Huntley. About 20 cattle on the farm were saved unharmed, said Fire Chief Ken Caudle of the Huntley Fire Protection District.
Glendale Heights business owners rebuild home after fireUpdated Mar 24, 2015 10:06 AM
Kukec's People features Cindy and Gary Blaski, owners of Allegra Marketing Print and Mail in Glendale Heights, who saw their home of 25 years destroyed in a fire. No one was hurt, but they lost everything. Now he and his wife are putting their lives and home back together and they continue to balance their company needs.
Recently shared by others
- Nominees announced for YWCA Leader Luncheon
- NBC’s Nancy Loo to host Assisi Animal Foundation fashion show
- Heart Sounds 2015 Symposium to highlight innovations in cardiology
- Sherman Cafe joins in Elgin Madness
- Swedish American Children’s Choir seeks singers
- Learn about ‘The Ethics of Fracking’ at MCC
- Administer Justice offers free seminar on probate process
- Explore the shared heritage of Islam, Judaism, Christianity
- Learn how to ‘echo weave’ at Fine Line
- Dist. 158 superintendent to present ‘The What If’s of History’
- 2013 Fire Prevention Month Coloring Contest and Escape Plan Winners! Top Row: Devin Pantelin, Tyler Fikis, Jack DiCosola, Devin Concha, Chloe Holz, Amina Hatanaka, Jacob Flesher, Hunter McCarthy, Jocelyn Erling, Lindsay Potts; Bottom Row: Matt Mowers, Tegan Van Wiel, Bobby Leonard, Jack Wright on Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Hampshire FIre Station , 202 Washington Ave. William
- Argonauts Football and Cheer Conrad Beech was named To Scholar this past Saturday during the Midwest Regional Pop Warner Little Scholars Banquet. Conrad took home a 500.00 check for his great work as a student and outstanding citizen in the community. Algonquin Argonauts
Blessing of Graduates at Christ United Methodist Church
Front: Pastor Lee, Emily Williams, Steve Riedinger, Ryan Greenwood, Logan Moring, Rachel Hugg Second row: Julie Kupkreja, Kelley Williams, Pauly Ramsey, Shelli Morning, Doug Literski, Eric Hugg Backrow: Ralph Bergstrom, Joe Greenwood, Eleanor Kilberger, Joe Kilberger, Judy Baker Maria Lee
A nuthatch is getting ready to enter the feeder.
Even though there's 10 inches of snow on the roof and as cold as -15 degrees, the sunflower seeds are nice and dry. Ray Precin
- Barrington High School Gymnast, Danny Schnura places 1st in All-Around at Friday's Freshman Invitational in Hinsdale. Eleven schools competed and Barrington High School finished 4th for overall team. Go Broncos! T. Lauderdale
- Our hummingbird Geo, feeding on a hot summer day. Jen Bumgardner
"Joey B worn out!"
Joey Byker of Hampshire weary from the sled hill at Seyller Park. Jeff Byker
Launching of 2013 Confirmation Class at Christ Church of Algonquin
Top photo: (kneeling left to right) Jensen Jones, Celine Jones,Casey Deak, Pastor Lee
Backrow: Carrie Jones, Gary Slagle, Shelli Moring,Robin Deak
Lower photo: (front row) Alison Blackmore, Nicholas Masek, Dale Harden, Pastor Lee
Backrow: Lisa Greenwood, Cathy Blackmore, Cheryl Fournier, Eric Linner, Linda Mullen, Gary Slagle
Last row: Debbie Thomas, Mark Gatsakos,Mark Harden Maria Lee
"Little moments like these bring me so much joy!"
Brayden and Paige Bumgardner taking in the beautiful sunset in Huntley, IL. Jen Bumgardner
Pastor Lee recently conducted a new member service at Christ United Methodist Church, of Algonquin, IL.
New members Larry Huber, Sandy Huber, Jud Strickland (seated) and Wanda Strickland were presented with roses by Kim Aupperle (on left) Maria Lee
Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset welcomes 3 new members
Rotary District 6440 Governor Sarah Oliver, new member Carrie Hintz, new member and Rotary District 6440 Assistant Governor Carlton Ames, Rotarian Kevin Bruning, and Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset President Linda Liddell Ellen Bruning
- On the 100th day of school, not only did third-graders at St. Laurence School in Elgin write about what they would be like at the age of 100, with the help of an aging application they showed what they would look like.
- Bee feeding on Sunflower Abel Llamas
- Gifted teen musician, Lauren Conroy, of Barrington, practices for her recital at St. Catherine of Siena. Lauren is presenting a recital along with organist Maurice Martin on Thursay, March 21 at noon. Lauren is also a gifted violinist and will perform on both instruments. The recital is the last of 11 precital given in the area as part of the Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Lenten Recital Series. Admission is free. Phyllis A. Lange-Connelly Recital Series
"Thanks Dad for the hot cocoa!"
Mariana Byker of Hampshire, enjoying some hot cocoa at the sled hill at Seyller Park Jeff Byker
"The beauty of autumn"
Trees changing color in our back yard. adam f strzok
- No. 8 Quarterback Michael Loveless runs for a first down on the last carry of the game to seal the first Super Bowl victory for Crystal Lake heavyweights since 2002. Christine Loveless
- Girl Scout Troop 1230 of Huntley, collected more than 70 backpacks during April for Autism Awareness Month. The Troop held a community backpack drive to benefit Alexander Leigh Center for Autism. The backpacks will be used by the staff and students of ALCA throughout the coming year. ALCA teacher Nicole McCarthy, far left, accepted the backpacks from members of the Troop on April 27 during an open house held at the Crystal Lake school. The troop toured ALCA after making their generous donation. Kathrine Pfister Violett
"Up Close and Personal"
My wife, Irene Biedron got a hello from her humpy friend during our Wild Animal Safari ride while on vacation in Branson, Mo. Tom Biedron
- Clearbrook Director of Community Living Services, Dave Boggs (far left), helps Echelon vice president, Pam Harmon and president Reid Harman unload boxes of stemware, tumblers, mugs, bowls, produced by City Glass to be used in Clearbrook’s many group homes. A valued Clearbrook supporter, Gilberts, IL-based Echelon Design focuses on integrating all facets of design. Clearbrook
- Cardunal Crop Walk hosted by Congregational Church of Algonquin that includes Christ United Methodist Church of Algonquin and the Congregational Church of Dundee Maria Lee
Congratulations to the World Class Basketball 17U team on taking 2nd place in the AAU National Championships in Orlando, Florida. WCBA went 6 wins and 1 loss and consists of players from Conant, Larkin, Huntley and Hampshire.
Pictured in front row are: Taylor Boley, Joey Ranallo & D'Angelo McBride
Back Row: Head Coach Dan Krauser, Danny Sotos, Zach Gorney, Ryan Blaha, Ryan Cork and Assistant Coach Rick Cork Dan Krauser
John Radtke Assistant Sports Editor/Fox Valley Sports and Online Prep Sports Manager
Madhu Krishnamurthy Staff Writer
Mike Smith Fox Valley Editor
Susan Klovstad Community News Editor
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- The Friendly Village with Country Charm
- 42.164524, -88.42433