District 214 Community Education launches Discovery Camps
District 214 Community Education announces the offering of 214 Discovery Camps for the first time this spring and summer.
Kids can enjoy full- or half-day camps Monday through Thursday to keep them active and engaged. Starting Monday, June 10, the 214 Discovery Camps, held at the Forest View Educational Center, will offer Italian (June 17-27) and Spanish (July 8-18) language camps, Teen Beech Musical performing arts camp (July 8-18), Engineering for Kids Camp (June 10-July 25), and Camp 214 (July 17-August 1).
Additionally, several STEM camps for different grade levels and ages (June 10-20) will be held at Wheeling High School.
Engineering for Kids STEM Camp, for ages 6-13, will be offered for four days June 10-13, June 17-20, June 24-27, July 8-11, July 15-18 or July 22-25. An early bird fee of $289 is available if you register by April 30. The fee increases to $319 after April 30. Parents can also pay $40 extra for early drop-off (as early as 8 a.m.) or late pick up (pick up by 5 p.m.), or $80 a week for both.
For 214 Discovery Camps at Wheeling High School, there are two dates for different ages and grade levels: June 10-13 or June 17-20, Monday to Thursday, from 1 to 4:15 p.m. The fee is $199. These camps are:
• A Bug's Life/What's My Shape (grades one-two)
• Do Worms Like Snow in April/Healthy Snacks (grades one-two)
• You Can't Taste a Pickle with Your Ear/Fun with Fluids (grades one-two)
• Busy Builders! An Introduction to Engineering/Pockets (grades one-three)
• Spa Science/FUN-TECH Coding 1 (grades one-four)
• Nanotechnology 1/FUN-TECH Coding 2, June 10-13 only (grades three-five)
• Eat Your Math/Chart the Heart (grades three-five)
• Grossology/Messy Spectacular Science (grades three-five)
• Build a Boat!/Sportistics (grads four-six)
• Spa Science/FUN-TECH Coding 3 (grades four-eight)
• Photoshop and Sublimation/Learn to Code from Scratch (grades five-eight)
• Science of Candy/You Spent Your Money on What? (grades six-eight)
• Nanotechnology 2/Digital Design, June 10-13 only (grades six-eight)
• Lego Robotics: Double Session (grades six-eight)
• STEM; Explorations in Manufacturing Engineering (ages 12-16)
Camp 214, in partnership with KE Camps, will offer a week of activities that include arts and crafts, group games, fun with foods, STEM challenges, sports and recreation, electives and enrichment opportunities.
Campers can choose from the following dates: June 17-20, June 24-27, July 8-11, July 15-18, July 22-25 or July 29-Aug. 1. The full-day camps are from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and the fee is $315. Half-day camps are from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and the fee is $199. You can register directly at https://www.kecamps.com/camps/district-214-community-education.
For information on 214 Discovery Camps or to register, visit ce.d214.org or call (847) 718-7700.
• Submit 'Your News' at www.dailyherald.com/share.