Communities » Warrenville Area News
More than 1,000 District 200 students take part in Bike to School DayMore than 1,000 Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 students hopped on their bikes and rode to school together in celebration of National Bike to School Day.Last Updated May 25, 2016 5:00 PM
Beloved Villa Park teacher back in the classroom after brain injuryUpdated May 26, 2016 7:27 PM
Villa Park elementary school teacher Elise Boni has willed her way back from a traumatic brain injury to get back in the classroom and help her students prepare for middle school.
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Clerk injured in Aurora armed robberyUpdated May 24, 2016 5:03 PM
A 60-year-old gas station attendant was struck in the head with a gun during an early morning armed robbery in Aurora.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
College of DuPage looking to keep tuition, taxes flatUpdated May 22, 2016 10:57 PM
College of DuPage officials are planning to keep tuition flat and hold the line on property taxes during the next fiscal year, even though the school is expecting to get zero financial support from the state.
How DuPage will commemorate Memorial DayUpdated May 26, 2016 11:58 AM
Towns and organizations throughout DuPage County have plans to commemorate Memorial Day.
Not-so-new NEW 200 Foundation gets new nameUpdated May 25, 2016 6:53 PM
NEW 200 Foundation leaders announced this week that they have renamed the nonprofit the Student Excellence Foundation.
Lester: Where will suburban homeless go after Journeys cuts?Updated May 23, 2016 10:34 AM
Many homeless people in the Northwest suburbs spend their days at Journeys’ Hope Center in Palatine, a program that aims to help them get back on their feet. But federal funding cuts could end that, columnist Kerry Lester writes.
- Pyke: Lawlor’s Rt. 53 switch leaves questions
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Albright shakes things up with ‘In the Next Room’ June 10-25
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Cancer Society needs volunteers in DuPage County
- Annual gem, mineral, fossil, and jewelry show returns this weekend
- Prairie Tours Available at COD this Summer
THE BIG GAME WILL CONSIST OF THE BRONCOS AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS AND EVERY FACEBOOK FAN OF WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE WILL BE A WINNER!
IT?S SIMPLE! HERE?S WHAT TO DO TO WIN:
BE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED THE ?LIKE? BUTTON ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SELECT THE TEAM YOU THINK WILL WIN AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD. THAT?S IT!!
NOW HOPE FOR A LOT OF POINTS. EVERY POINT WILL BE WORTH $1 FOR A VOUCHER FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE. EVERYONE IS A WINNER.
SO GO AHEAD, SELECT YOUR TEAM NOW AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN! HOW MANY POINTS AND DOLLARS WILL YOUR GIFT CARD BE WORTH? ONLY THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WILL DECIDE.
SPREAD THE WORD, SHARE THIS POST, AND LET YOUR FRIENDS PARTICIPATE TO GET A FREE GIFT VOUCHER FOR A PURCHASE FROM WINFIELD FLOWER SHOPPE TOO?. JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE?S DAY!
- After more than a decade in scouts, St. Francis senior and St. Michael School alum, Ian Hart, reached the ultimate milestone in scouting. On August 21, Ian became the most recent Eagle Scout of Boy Scout Troop 34. Ian is pictured with his mother, Sunny. Sunny Hart
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- The West Chicago Garden Club’s Annual Plant Sale is a popular destination each year at Blooming Fest in historic downtown West Chicago. The addition of a Speakers’ Tent for 2013 compliments the garden event by featuring guest lecturers on horticultural topics such as tree diversity, container gardening and native landscaping. Krista Coltrin
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
- Council of Catholic Women selling Spring Decor at annual fund-raiser at St. John the Baptist, Winfield Dee Bryja
More Warrenville News
- Warrenville Sports
- Why community colleges want live mascots
- Warrenville Entertainment
- 1,000 District 200 students take part in Bike to School Day
- Buffalo Theatre Ensemble returning to College of DuPage
- ‘Neither Wolf Nor Dog’ inspires, sparks disussion
- Warrenville Opinion
- Getting COD back on track
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- 1920 Wiesbrook Rd.
Wheaton, Il 60187
Daily Herald Communities
- Warrenville ... for a Visit or a Lifetime
- 41.82628, -88.189465
- DuPage County