Communities » Cary Area News
Seniors lead Benet past Marian CentralBenet earned its first East Suburban Catholic Conference championship since 1998 with a blowout victory against Marian Central.Last Updated Feb 10, 2016 10:14 PM
Grant snaps up regional titleUpdated Feb 6, 2016 8:48 PM
Cary-Grove’s John Cullen won his first regional championship and Grant took the team title Saturday at the Class 3A McHenry wrestling regional.
Cary-Grove outlasts Dundee-CrownUpdated Feb 5, 2016 11:35 PM
Cary-Grove defeated Dundee-Crown 49-37 in boys basketball action Friday night.
Scouting Fox Valley area wrestling sectionalsUpdated Feb 10, 2016 8:21 PM
Previewing this weekend’s wrestling sectionals involving Fox Valley area teams and athletes.
Westminster Christian’s Rejman joins 1,000 clubUpdated Feb 9, 2016 10:38 PM
Westminster Christian senior Dillon Rejman scored the 1,000th point of his career Tuesday night during the Warriors’ 79-45 nonconference boys basketball win at Hinckley-Big Rock.
Prairie Ridge takes tops honors at SchaumburgUpdated Feb 8, 2016 11:11 PM
Maddie Solka won the all-around and powered the Prairie Ridge co-op team to the Schaumburg girls gymnastics sectional title with 149.55 points on Monday. Barrington took second with 144.95 points, just ahead of Fremd (144.60).
Ten stories you may have missed this weekendPosted Feb 8, 2016 5:00 AM
Ten stories you may have missed this weekend.
Three straight FVC Valley titles for HuntleyUpdated Feb 6, 2016 10:47 PM
Huntley’s girls basketball team defeated Dundee-Crown 49-37 Saturday to win its third straight undefeated Fox Valley Conference Valley Division title.
Images: Competitive Cheerleading finals, Buffalo Grove takes top honorsUpdated Feb 6, 2016 8:19 PM
See images from Saturday’s finals of the Competitive Cheerleading competition at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
- Images: Competitive Cheerleading prelims, Northwest and Lake County schools
- Images: Competitive Cheerleading prelims, Fox Valley and DuPage County schools
Recently shared by others
- Singers Of United Lands to perform at MCC Feb. 16
- 100 delegates provide their voice to first McHenry County Conservation Congress
- With peak flu season, it’s not too late to get your flu shot
- Shamrock Shave fundraiser returns March 5
- Help conservation efforts by becoming a frog monitor
- Enjoy winter fun in McHenry County
- Chefs square off at Chili Cook-Off in Elgin
- Better Farm Boss workshop with Chris Blanchard offered Feb. 17 in Grayslake
- Residents find love again and wed.
- Final chance to nominate your favorite Girl Scout volunteer
- Children make pine cone bird feeders at the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) class, hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. During the first part of the class, the children used binoculars to look for birds and count how many they saw. Their results were tallied and added to a global database as part of the international bird count. Tom Benjamin
- The Kaleidoscope School of Fine Art, 316 W. Main St. in Barrington, is holding a raffle of custom, hand-crafted, European doll furniture and accessories to help raise scholarship money for students. 3 Prize raffle drawings are to be held during the Art School’s Summer Children’s Art Show at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, 2014. The public is invited to view the unique doll-sets and/or buy raffle tickets at Kaleidoscope Mon.-Fri., 10am-5pm, Sat., 9am-1pm. For info, call 847-381-4840 or visit www.KaleidoscopeSchoolofFineArt.org Doug Jennings
- The Smart Arts Class at St. Mark's Day School in Barrington Hills celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a big celebration. The 4 and 5 year olds learned about the author, read and acted out scenes from an assortment of Seuss books, and dressed in the cat's red and white hat, red bow and whiskers. Dr. Seuss is just one of many well-known authors that the children are introduced to during the year. St. Mark's Day School
- Face N Time rocked Middleton's on Main in Wauconda on Saturday night with an all-electric show. Next up: The Gambler, 1232 N. Green St., McHenry on May 16 at 9:30 p.m. Come on out! k gerdts
- Face N Time takes the stage at the annual Alpine Fest in Lake Zurich. k gerdts
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Children look for birds as part of the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC). The GBBC is an annual event at which bird watchers of all ages count birds to get a real-time snapshot of where birds are all over the world. The local event was hosted by Citizens for Conservation in Barrington. Tom Benjamin
- Citizens for Conservation (CFC) volunteers started off the new year last Saturday by clearing brush from an oak woods owned by CFC. Dedicated volunteers have worked there for 5 years to clear invasive plants from the 6-acre parcel and have made good progress. Restoration has already begun on the site. Donna Bolzman
- Ned Zerwic and Ya-Ju Wang are our new physical therapy students interning at Cary Physical Therapy. They are in their second year at the University of Illinois Chicago. Brenda Law, Marketing
- Dancers from Haper College Dance and Pom team and from Summers Academy of Dance in Crystal Lake, helped instruct mini-routines and hosted fun free-style dancing on Feb. 15th for tweens ages 10-14. The next Hip Hop Explosion is on March 15th for $6. Janet Kay of from me 2 you photography
- U9 Barrington Broncos Travel Team Spring Classic 2013 Champions: front row, James Ensign, TJ Swidorski, Ryan Anderson, Tommy Kondraros, Danny Sheedy; and back row, Justin Mirski, Logan Eisenbarth, Tristan Roney, Peter Maestranzi, and Brady Dern. Caroline Eisenbarth
More Cary News
- Cary Sports
- Benet earns ESCC championship with different lineup
- Scouting Fox Valley area wrestling sectionals
- Westminster Christian’s Rejman joins 1,000 club
- Prairie Ridge takes tops honors at Schaumburg
- Three straight FVC Valley titles for Huntley
- Grant snaps up regional title
- Images: Competitive Cheerleading finals, Buffalo Grove takes top honors
- Cary-Grove outlasts Dundee-Crown
- Cary Business
- Stryker to buy Sage Products in Cary for $2.7 billion
- Why it's harder to get rid of your old TV
- MCC offers OSHA Electrical Safety courses
- Cary Opinion
- Candidate stands strong in values
- Candidate has a professional manner
- Great communicator for McHenry board
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Community of Beautiful Neighborhoods
- 42.212432, -88.24683
- McHenry County