Communities » Northfield Area News
Cook County 2017 budget forecast predicts $175 million shortfallCook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle on Thursday projected an FY2017 operating shortfall of $174.3 million, driven in part by state budget gridlock, a growing legacy debt service and increased technology spending to upgrade outdated systems.Last Updated Jun 30, 2016 5:58 PM
Cook County voters will decide Recorder of Deeds future on November ballotUpdated Jun 29, 2016 5:47 PM
A historic referendum calling for the elimination of the Cook County Recorder of Deeds office and merging it with the Cook County Clerk’s office, will be on the November ballot in Cook County.
Preckwinkle nominates 5 to county Health, Hospitals System boardUpdated Jun 29, 2016 12:38 PM
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle has nominated five health experts to the governing board of the Cook County Health and Hospitals System.
Elgin private school owner plans to appeal $252K award in harassment caseUpdated Jun 27, 2016 5:42 PM
The owner of an Elgin private school for gifted students plans to appeal a $252,500 award for damages in a lawsuit that she harassed and abused then 13-year-old boy through texts and emails in summer 2008 in an effort to blackmail him into rekindling in a relationship with her daughter.
Rita’s Italian Ice plans 22 new locationsUpdated Jun 27, 2016 1:34 PM
Rita’s Italian Ice, based in Trevose, Pennsylvania with more than 600 stores in 30 states and 5 countries, plans to enter the Illinois market in DuPage, Will and Cook counties with 22 new stores.
NB Coatings expands in northwest IndianaUpdated Jun 29, 2016 8:40 AM
NB Coatings, a Japan-owned manufacturer of automotive coatings for plastics, recentlu broke ground on a new facility in Hobart, Indianan.
Elgin man faces prison, $1M fine after admitting bank fraudPosted Jun 25, 2016 1:00 AM
An Elgin man faces up to 30 years in prison and $1 million in restitution after pleading guilty to band fraud, money laundering and giving false testimony in a bankruptcy case.
Recently shared by others
- Navy to unveil National Museum of the American Sailor July 4
- Tom Cullerton secures additional $14 million for DuPage County schools
- Three local Jewish genealogy programs planned for July
- Tom Cullerton works to save thousands of Illinois jobs
- Local CrossFit athletes to join in ‘Row Raiser’ for Special Olympics Illinois
- Calling All Golffers: GLMV Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Outing 8/22 at Hawthorn Woods Country Club
- DuPage County schools may see a $27.5 million increase in plan supported by Tom Cullerton
- COD Hosts Free Prairie Tours this Summer
- Minority Contractors Association to host annual golf outing
- Orion Ensemble’s new season to feature ‘Miniatures and Masterworks’
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Dandelion Gallery in Waukegan will honor Hispanic Heritage Month with a large installation by Mexican-American emerging artist Katrina Davis-Salazar titled "Oración de los Números: Economizing Memory, Sanity, & Hours." This show will coincide with ArtWauk and also will include work by 23 talented member artists. Opening reception will be 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15 at Dandelion Gallery, 109 S. Genesee St. Davis-Salazar's works will be priced from $12 to $500 and sold in interactive ways that resemble a warehouse sale. Katrina Davis Salazar
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Northfield News
- Northfield Business
- Preckwinkle nominates 5 to county Health, Hospitals System board
- NB Coatings expands in northwest Indiana
- Rita’s Italian Ice plans 22 new locations
- Northfield Entertainment
- Rita’s Italian Ice plans 22 new locations
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.101927, -87.775079