Communities » Northfield Area News
Dawn Patrol: New, late-night manhunt in Volo, Lakemoor; Fox Lake cop rememberedPolice launch late-night search in Volo, Lakemoor after suspicious-person call; Fox Lake officer remembered in vigil; Fox Lake schools reopen today; Wheaton lawyer accused of swindling clients; District 300, teachers reach tentative deal; Bears players on the bubble vie for spots tonight.Last Updated Sep 3, 2015 7:09 AM
Dense fog advisory in place until 9 a.m.Updated Aug 31, 2015 6:42 AM
A dense fog advisory is in place for the Chicago area until 9 a.m.
Maine Twp. deaths appear to be carbon monoxide: sheriffUpdated Aug 31, 2015 3:33 PM
Carbon monoxide poisoning is what appears to have killed a father and son in Maine Township, the Cook County Sheriff's Police now say.
Wheeling drops opener at Glenbrook NorthUpdated Aug 29, 2015 12:59 AM
Wheeling’s football team started its season with a 40-34 at Glenbrook North on Friday in nonconference play.
Traffic moving freely again on I-90 at River RoadUpdated Aug 28, 2015 8:47 AM
Traffic is moving freely again after authorities moved a truck fire that was causing delays on I-90 at River Road, authorities said.
Dawn patrol: Investigators seek clues in hazmat deaths; Ingleside victims identifiedUpdated Aug 28, 2015 6:02 AM
Investigators comb scene for clues in deaths at Des Plaines-area home. Two victims of Ingleside car crash identified. Glen Ellyn mulls how to handle downtown construction zones. Carpentersville receives federal grant for new ambulance equipment. Bulls' Rose 'confident' he'll be proven innocent of rape accusations. Giants club Chicago Cubs 9-1. Sox beat Seattle 4-2. Blackhawks, Elgin Country Club members team up for help former colleague's family.
Dawn Patrol: Police seek 3 men after Fox Lake cop killed; area schools closedUpdated Sep 2, 2015 5:38 AM
Police hunting for 3 suspects after Fox Lake cop shot dead. Fox Lake-area districts cancel classes today as hunt continues. Police: Location of man reported armed in Crystal Lake is unknown. Work underway on Prospect High School’s $13 million pool project. Palatine man accused of impersonating CIA officer. 4 things to know about anti-heroin vote this week. Chicago Cubs win but need more ‘quality’ from starters.
Dawn Patrol: Lindenhurst crash probe continues; Cubs end August with a lossUpdated Sep 1, 2015 5:51 AM
Investigation continues into crash that killed father, teen daughter in Lindenhurst. Levee 37 to control Des Plaines River flooding successfully completed. Green Oaks woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing. Barrington Road ramp to close. Lord Stanley’s Cup makes appearance in Elgin. Concerns about refurbished girls softball field at Lake Zurich High. Wheaton North grad ready to go at QB for Northwestern. Cubs end August with a loss. Bears face many roster decisions.
Dawn Patrol: Arrieta no-hits Dodgers; Lindenhurst teen rememberedUpdated Aug 31, 2015 5:58 AM
Arrieta holds Dodgers hitless. Lindenhurst teen remembered for her spirit. American Indian veterans gather at Cantigny. Hitzeman says common sense prevails with 'rape kit' law. Namesake of Mt. Prospect business dies at 87. Sox rally in 11 to beat Mariners.
- 10 stories you might have missed this weekend
- State of the Suburbs: Recreation finds creative ways to expand
Recently shared by others
- Trees Downed in 2012 Storm Crafted into Stand for Local Bell
- Veterans invited to boat on the Fox River with local rowing clubs
- TMA Board Members Speak at DMDII Smart Manufacturing Panel
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Call for Art Goes Out for 2016 Community Banner Art Project
- ArtShare Saturday at Gallery 200 – Watch and Wonder
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Ready, Set, Go: Healthy West Chicago Community Action Plan Released
- CLC promotes Professional Touring Season
- ENAZ On The Park, ENAZ, And ENAZ For Life Named Best Accessories Store In Make It Better’s Best Of 2015 Reader’s Poll
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Dandelion Gallery in Waukegan will honor Hispanic Heritage Month with a large installation by Mexican-American emerging artist Katrina Davis-Salazar titled "Oración de los Números: Economizing Memory, Sanity, & Hours." This show will coincide with ArtWauk and also will include work by 23 talented member artists. Opening reception will be 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15 at Dandelion Gallery, 109 S. Genesee St. Davis-Salazar's works will be priced from $12 to $500 and sold in interactive ways that resemble a warehouse sale. Katrina Davis Salazar
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.101927, -87.775079