Communities » Northfield Area News
Report: Mount Prospect woman charged with illegally selling gunsA 22-year-old Mount Prospect woman has been charged with illegal transfer of firearms and selling firearms to a person who does not possess a FOID card, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.Last Updated Sep 29, 2016 7:55 AM
Elgin man charged with growing pot after tenant’s social media postUpdated Sep 27, 2016 3:47 PM
A 52-year-old Elgin man was charged with possessing and growing marijuana in his backyard after authorities were called to his home after one of his tenants posted suicidal statements on social media.
Cook County clerk leads voter registration drive TuesdayUpdated Sep 26, 2016 1:37 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr and his staff will take part in a number of voter registration events throughout Chicago and the suburbs Tuesday as part of National Voter Registration Day.
Dold slams Iran nuke deal, Schneider says enforce itPosted Sep 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Republican U.S. Rep. Bob Dold calls the United States’ nuclear agreement with Iran “a historic mistake.” His Democratic challenger, Brad Schneider, doesn’t like the deal either but says it must be enforced.
Elect or appoint? Candidates for Cook court clerk differ on how to fill jobPosted Sep 30, 2016 5:44 AM
Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown and challenger Diane Shapiro differ on whether the position should be appointed or elected.
Boys soccer: Second-half surge lifts Glenbrook N. past Vernon HillsUpdated Sep 27, 2016 10:23 PM
Glenbrook North scored 7 unanswered goals in the second half and blanked Vernon Hills 7-0 in Central Suburban League North Division boys soccer action Tuesday.
Recently shared by others
- COD to Host Cosmetology Information Session in Addison Oct. 18 and 22
- COD to Host Free Junior/Senior Night for H.S. Students and Parents Oct. 25
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- Libertyville Rotary Sunrise Teams With Zengeler Cleaners For Annual “Coats for Vets” Collection Drive
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- Grand Opening Of LifeWorking Coworking’s Unique Office Space Promotes Business Owners, Corporate Telecommuters, Entrepreneurs Success In Work And Life
- On October 6th in Lombard: ‘Understanding Social Security: A Look at the Bigger Picture’
- COD to Host Natural Resources Symposium Oct. 27
- Dr. Jerry Weber, president of the College of Lake County, gets a blue streak sprayed in his hair from Allison Brand, an elementary education major who volunteered at the 'Light it up Blue" Autism awareness event held April 2 at the college. College of Lake County
- ComEd President and CEO Anne Pramaggiore led employees from ComEd and their family members during an environmental volunteer outing at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate the end of National Volunteer Week (April 21-27). photo courtesy of Exelon
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
"Local Girl Needs Help"
A little girl in our community needs help with medical expenses. Her name is Isabella Oliver. Please see her story at: www.gofundme.com/Isabellasjourney. "Give, and you will receive...The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." Luke 6:38. Friends of Isabella Oliver
- Dandelion Gallery in Waukegan will honor Hispanic Heritage Month with a large installation by Mexican-American emerging artist Katrina Davis-Salazar titled "Oración de los Números: Economizing Memory, Sanity, & Hours." This show will coincide with ArtWauk and also will include work by 23 talented member artists. Opening reception will be 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15 at Dandelion Gallery, 109 S. Genesee St. Davis-Salazar's works will be priced from $12 to $500 and sold in interactive ways that resemble a warehouse sale. Katrina Davis Salazar
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Northfield News
- Northfield Sports
- Boys soccer: Second-half surge lifts Glenbrook N. past Vernon Hills
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- 42.101927, -87.775079