Communities » Hinsdale Area News
Boys track: Neuqua Valley again has high hopesLike many suitors, Neuqua Valley has its eye on a boys state track championshipLast Updated May 25, 2016 11:03 PM
DuPage reopens newly renovated animal shelterPosted May 25, 2016 5:25 AM
Dogs and cats are expected to have a better, quieter stay at DuPage County’s Animal Care and Control facility after a roughly $930,000 renovation of the building.
Clerk injured in Aurora armed robberyUpdated May 24, 2016 5:03 PM
A 60-year-old gas station attendant was struck in the head with a gun during an early morning armed robbery in Aurora.
Tip leads to Aurora fugitive wanted on federal drug chargesUpdated May 24, 2016 3:54 PM
An ex-Aurora man, a federal fugitive, has been arrested in Chicago and charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
College of DuPage looking to keep tuition, taxes flatUpdated May 22, 2016 10:57 PM
College of DuPage officials are planning to keep tuition flat and hold the line on property taxes during the next fiscal year, even though the school is expecting to get zero financial support from the state.
State trooper back on duty after near-fatal crashUpdated May 24, 2016 12:36 PM
An Illinois state trooper is returning to work 20 months after nearly being killed by a drunken driving suspect.
Panel suggests ways for College of DuPage to keep its accreditationUpdated May 20, 2016 5:12 PM
A College of DuPage task force has developed a list of recommendations for how to resolve issues raised by an accreditation agency that put the school on probation.
How DuPage will commemorate Memorial DayUpdated May 25, 2016 7:57 PM
Towns and organizations throughout DuPage County have plans to commemorate Memorial Day.
Baseball: Top 20Updated May 23, 2016 3:34 PM
St. Charles North, Hinsdale South and Barrington hold the top three spots in the latest high school baseball rankings by the Daily Herald.
- Lester: Where will suburban homeless go after Journeys cuts?
Recently shared by others
- College of DuPage Celebrates 49th Commencement
- Rotary GroveFest 2016 Carnival Ride Specials
- Tom Cullerton works to streamline Illinois voter registration
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to spread DuPage model throughout Illinois
- Tom Cullerton passes measure to keep retired police dogs with officers
- COD Faculty Member Named Next Generation Indie Book Finalist
- College of DuPage Offers ‘Citizens Public Safety Academy’ this Summer
- Annual gem, mineral, fossil, and jewelry show returns this weekend
- “Expect the Unexpected!” in Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s 56th Season
- Prairie Tours Available at COD this Summer
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- More than 20 dance groups, including 13 different ethnic dance groups, will participate in this year’s third annual 2014 World Dance Day. The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Auditorium at Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago. Tickets for 2014 World Dance Day are $20 for adults and $10 for seniors, children and students with identification and are available at the door or by calling 773-463-1619. Chicago Music and Dance International
- Emily Holewczynski of Western Springs and her 13-week-old daughter Eileen, were featured on the runway in fashions created for them by Palatine designer Megan Smith at the Fashion Forward Mixed Ability Fashion Show on May 2 in Greektown. The event at the National Hellenic Museum benefited Tellin' Tales Theatre, which seeks to shatter barriers between the disabled and able-bodied communities through the transformative power of personal story. Jennifer Frankfurter
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
More Hinsdale News
- Hinsdale Sports
- Boys track: Neuqua Valley again has high hopes
- Baseball: Top 20
- Baseball: Top 20
- Baseball: Waubonsie Valley, Willowbrook, St. Francis win
- Why community colleges want live mascots
- Images: Saturday at the Boys Gymnastics State Final Meet
- Baseball: Naperville North, Neuqua Valley, Benet win
- Hinsdale Business
- Federal money coming for West Chicago environmental cleanup
- Hinsdale Entertainment
- Buffalo Theatre Ensemble returning to College of DuPage
- ‘Neither Wolf Nor Dog’ inspires, sparks disussion
- Hinsdale Opinion
- Getting COD back on track
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hinsdale Central High School
- 55th & Grant St.
Hinsdale, Il 60521
- Red Devils
- Hinsdale South High School
- 7401 Clarendon Hills Rd.
Darien, Il 60561
- Lyons Township High School
- 100 S. Brainard Av.
LaGrange, Il 60525
- Royal Blue/Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Reaching for the Future, Rooted in the Past
- 60521, 60522, 60523
- 41.80058, -87.928335
- DuPage County