Communities » Hinsdale Area News
Jail time, probation for real estate broker who stole clients escrow moneyA Burr Ridge real estate agent, convicted of stealing potential homebuyers' earnest money, avoided prison time Tuesday but will serve probation and 120 days in jail.Last Updated Feb 9, 2016 5:38 PM
College of DuPage board unlikely to fill trustee vacancy without outside helpUpdated Feb 9, 2016 2:52 PM
A last-ditch effort to give the College of DuPage board a chance to name a new trustee appears to be dead before it even begins.Vice Chairwoman Deanne Mazzochi on Tuesday called a meeting for 7 p.m. Thursday with just one item on the agenda: to pick a seventh trustee to break the 3-3 deadlock that has paralyzed the sharply divided board since Chairwoman Kathy Hamilton resigned Dec. 13 for unspecified reasons. But Mazzochi had barely scheduled the meeting when two opposition trustees, Erin Birt and Dianne McGuire, made it clear they believe the board is incapable of selecting a new trustee.
Westmont man legally insane in vandalism at Lombard synagogueUpdated Feb 9, 2016 12:50 PM
A Westmont man diagnosed with schitzophrenic bipolar disorder was declared not guilty by reasoh of insanity Tuesday in his October 2014 attack on Congregaton Etz Chaim in Lombard.
Two tracks open again after Metra derailment near NapervilleUpdated Feb 8, 2016 5:42 PM
Metra service returned to near normal with only a couple of reported delays Monday afternoon as the system recovered from a morning train derailment east of Naperville.
Bail reduced for Naperville protesterUpdated Feb 8, 2016 5:05 PM
Bail was reduced by $90,000 Monday for a Lisle man being held on felony disorderly conduct charges for filing a false police report against a Naperville officer.Donald L. Pritchard, 49, of the 500 block of Maple Avenue, is charged with falsely accusing a Naperville police officer with trying to run him over with his squad car outside police headquarters,
DuPage Airport suit could pull Pheasant Run out of St. CharlesUpdated Feb 7, 2016 1:34 PM
St. Charles’ iconic Pheasant Run may be run out of town. DuPage Airport officials want to condemn the entire 250-acre property in response to Pheasant Run’s renovation plans, which would put homes on the property for the first time.
Hinsdale Central edges Glenbard EastUpdated Feb 6, 2016 11:21 PM
Hinsdale Central wins another tight one over Glenbard East
Fox River & Countryside fire OKs some part-timers to save moneyUpdated Feb 4, 2016 11:06 PM
Fox River and Countryside Fire/Rescue District officials appointed to new trustees Thursday night. They joined the board just in time to vote in big changes that will see fewer full-time firefighter/paramedics at district stations.
Fermilab artist-in-residence to create science-inspired worksUpdated Feb 4, 2016 11:06 AM
The important science that happens every day at Fermilab in Batavia can be difficult to understand. For the second year, Fermilab is hosting an artist-in-residence who aims to help the public see particle physics in a big, new way.
- Ten stories you may have missed this weekend
Recently shared by others
- Residents find love again and wed.
- Final chance to nominate your favorite Girl Scout volunteer
- Family teams take top honors at 2016 Bridge Bust Competition
- Celebrate Canned Food Month with Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Birches’ “Living It!’ campaign kicks off with Intellectual Week
- Clean Cities Coalitions to host environmental conference
- Benedictine/Roosevelt University conference honors Black History Month
- Tom Cullerton: we cannot rest until heroin problem is eradicated
- The Birches is “Living It!” this February
- Mueller CPA announces three promotions
Fluid Running is making its way from Oak Brook Park District to Juneau, Alaska
Linda Kruger (right) of Juneau, Alaska is working on her Fluid Running certification with Founder Jennifer Conroyd (left) at the Oak Brook Park District's Family Aquatic Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road. Linda will be among the first certified Fluid Running instructors in the United States. Thank you Linda for helping The Oak Brook Park District and Fluid Running spread the benefits of this wonderful fitness and wellness opportunity across the country! Jessica Cannaday
- On June 9,, 2015, the Rotary Club of Western Springs welcomed the recipients of their Club’s 2015 scholarships and their families to breakfast. The scholarship winners got a chance to share their experiences at Lyons Township High School as well as discuss their plans for college. Each year the Rotary Club of Western Springs performs their 500 Club fundraiser, which provides funding for three scholarships. In 2015 scholarships were awarded to Daniel Archundia (of Indian Head Park) winner of the Ken Means Scholarship Award; Victory Lampert (of La Grange Park) and Jeanne Caplice (of Western Springs.) Jason Dobrzynski
- More than 20 dance groups, including 13 different ethnic dance groups, will participate in this year’s third annual 2014 World Dance Day. The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Auditorium at Northeastern Illinois University, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago. Tickets for 2014 World Dance Day are $20 for adults and $10 for seniors, children and students with identification and are available at the door or by calling 773-463-1619. Chicago Music and Dance International
- Emily Holewczynski of Western Springs and her 13-week-old daughter Eileen, were featured on the runway in fashions created for them by Palatine designer Megan Smith at the Fashion Forward Mixed Ability Fashion Show on May 2 in Greektown. The event at the National Hellenic Museum benefited Tellin' Tales Theatre, which seeks to shatter barriers between the disabled and able-bodied communities through the transformative power of personal story. Jennifer Frankfurter
- Oak Brook Women's Club 4-29-14 Fundraiser, Fashion Show and Luncheon. Jeff Award winning singer Angela Ingersoll will entertain us during our fashion show. unknown
- Hinsdale’s Mark Joy returns a shot from Highland Park's David Borovikov during the championship match at last weekend's USTA 12-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Bannockburn. After a weekend filed with plenty of victories, Joy would eventually fall 6-1, 6-3 but earned his place boys singles runner-up. Dave Silbar/SilbarPR
More Hinsdale News
- Hinsdale Sports
- Hinsdale Central beats Glenbard East in another close call
- Glenbard West makes sure it’s one and done
- Glenbard West wins Silver crown
- Hinsdale Business
- Jail time, probation for real estate broker who stole clients escrow money
- DuPage Airport suit could pull Pheasant Run out of St. Charles
- Meet the pioneering exotic pet vet from Lisle
- Opposition growing for self-storage near Naperville
- Why it's harder to get rid of your old TV
- Hinsdale Entertainment
- Fermilab artist-in-residence to create science-inspired works
- Meet the pioneering exotic pet vet from Lisle
- Military History Fest: 20 centuries of history under one roof
- No new cases of horse virus; suburban owners taking no chances
- Suburban farms guard against virus that's killed horses in Bartlett
- Hinsdale Opinion
- Davis: Statements, but few comments at College of DuPage
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Hinsdale Central High School
- 55th & Grant St.
Hinsdale, Il 60521
- Red Devils
- Hinsdale South High School
- 7401 Clarendon Hills Rd.
Darien, Il 60561
- Lyons Township High School
- 100 S. Brainard Av.
LaGrange, Il 60525
- Royal Blue/Gold
Daily Herald Communities
- Reaching for the Future, Rooted in the Past
- 60521, 60522, 60523
- 41.80058, -87.928335
- DuPage County