Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Dist. 207 fees for computers spreading out to lessen burdenFor the first time next school year, Maine Township High School District 207 is proposing to allow families to pay the cost of a Chromebook over the course of four years, helping them to better manage costs.Last Updated Apr 28, 2016 4:33 PM
Maine Township Agency Day signup deadline approachingUpdated Apr 27, 2016 3:53 PM
Maine Township’s 33rd annual Agency Day begins at 8:30 a.m. Friday, May 6, at Manzo’s Banquets, 1571 S. Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines. The day begins with breakfast and concludes with luncheon and networking.
Primary set records in suburban Cook CountyUpdated Apr 27, 2016 11:43 AM
Early voting, mail ballots and the total number of pre-election day ballots cast in suburban Cook County for the March primary all set records, according to a post-primary report released Wednesday by Cook County Clerk David Orr.
Softball: Montini blows out LoyolaUpdated Apr 26, 2016 9:41 PM
A 6-run first inning helped Montini to a 17-1 GCAC Red softball victory Tuesday in Lombard.
$22.7 million awarded in fatal I-294 crash caseUpdated Apr 26, 2016 6:37 PM
A $22.7 million judgment — believed to be the largest wrongful-death verdict in Cook County in the past decade — was awarded to the family of a 31-year-old Union man who was killed in a 2012 crash on I-294 near Roosevelt Road.
Northwest suburban hospitals get top grades in patient safetyUpdated Apr 26, 2016 4:25 PM
Northwest suburban hospitals all won “A” and “B” grades in the Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Scores released by Leapfrog Group, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that twice yearly gauges how well hospitals prevent avoidable deaths due to infections and miscommunication.
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Continues to Earn “Straight A’s” for Patient Safety
- Pediatric Chaplains Network provides support for chaplains nationally
- Earth Day: 5 ways to be energy efficient from your couch
- Discover How To Sell Across The Generations - 4/27
- 26th Annual Arts & Crafts Adventure to be held in Park Ridge May 7
- Hinsdale Hospital Seminar
- Lt. Gov. Sanguinetti to be Northwestern College commencement speaker
- UIC Professor W.J. Minkowycz Celebrates 50 Years of Service in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- April is Volunteer Appreciation Month
- New Faces Join AOII Board on April 13 in Park Ridge Installation
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
More Park Ridge News
- Park Ridge Sports
- Softball: Montini blows out Loyola
- Girls soccer: St. Charles East deals Loyola 1st loss
- Park Ridge Business
- Fired Oakton cop's lawsuit: 'Problem employee' ad is defamatory
- Park Ridge Entertainment
- Animal abuse registry proposed for Cook County
- Park Ridge Opinion
- Questionable Cook fuel tax hike needs study
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587