Communities » Park Ridge Area News
Report: Mount Prospect woman charged with illegally selling gunsA 22-year-old Mount Prospect woman has been charged with illegal transfer of firearms and selling firearms to a person who does not possess a FOID card, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.Last Updated Sep 29, 2016 7:55 AM
GOP incumbent state representative spends big to keep seatUpdated Sep 28, 2016 5:45 PM
A 20-year Republican state representative is spending big to retain his seat against a Democratic anti-O’Hare noise activist in what has quickly become the most expensive race for General Assembly in the state.
Elgin man charged with growing pot after tenant’s social media postUpdated Sep 27, 2016 3:47 PM
A 52-year-old Elgin man was charged with possessing and growing marijuana in his backyard after authorities were called to his home after one of his tenants posted suicidal statements on social media.
Cook County clerk leads voter registration drive TuesdayUpdated Sep 26, 2016 1:37 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr and his staff will take part in a number of voter registration events throughout Chicago and the suburbs Tuesday as part of National Voter Registration Day.
Dold slams Iran nuke deal, Schneider says enforce itPosted Sep 26, 2016 5:30 AM
Republican U.S. Rep. Bob Dold calls the United States’ nuclear agreement with Iran “a historic mistake.” His Democratic challenger, Brad Schneider, doesn’t like the deal either but says it must be enforced.
Senate candidates Murphy, Thillens differ on direction of the stateUpdated Sep 23, 2016 6:17 PM
Voters from Rosemont to Roselle will get to choose from two candidates for state Senate this November who have contrasting visions for Illinois. Democratic incumbent Sen. Laura Murphy, appointed last October, is being challenged by Republican Mel Thillens for a 4-year term representing the 28th district.
Birdwatch, volunteer and do yoga at Camp Reinberg partyUpdated Sep 23, 2016 5:54 PM
As part of the Forest Preserves of Cook County’s Party for the Preserves Day on Saturday there will be a themed party at Camp Reinberg in Palatine as well as in each of the forest preserve’s campgrounds.
Report: Cook County should eliminate unincorporated areasPosted Sep 23, 2016 5:30 AM
Cook County should eventually eliminate all of its unincorporated areas to reduce taxes and improve services to residents in those neighborhoods, according to a new report released Thursday by Chicago-based The Civic Federation.
Maine West finds answers in victory at Maine EastUpdated Sep 24, 2016 12:17 AM
With its top two running backs out of action, Maine West struggled to develop some early momentum at Maine East on Friday night and came up empty on its first two possessions. Then Jonaas Drain provided a much-needed spark and sent the Warriors toward a 41-12 victory in their Central Suburban North opener.
Park Ridge Calendar
Recently shared by others
- COD to Host Cosmetology Information Session in Addison Oct. 18 and 22
- COD to Host Free Junior/Senior Night for H.S. Students and Parents Oct. 25
- COD to Host ‘Astronomy Frontiers’ Presentation Oct. 15
- Tom Cullerton: Time to make COD the bright star of DuPage again
- College of DuPage Veterans Gain Internship Experience at Fermilab
- College of DuPage Offers New Landscape Contracting and Management Degree
- The Harbour House residents have a great friend in Rebuilding Together Metro Chicago
- October Meeting of the Des Plaines Art Guild/Park Ridge Art League
- COD to Host Natural Resources Symposium Oct. 27
- Ninety-Eight Years and Counting
Local singing group, The Park Ridge Chorale, is seeking local World War II veterans to interview about their WW II experiences for inclusion in the historical narrative of their April 25 concert, “The Greatest Hits of the Greatest Generation”. “We will have some historical narration throughout the concert and would like to include a few personal veterans’ stories,” said Ed Zelnis, director of the chorale. “We plan to provide special seating for them at the concert as well.” The concert is Saturday, April 25, 7 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 250 N. Prospect, Parke Ridge.
Local WW II veterans are encouraged to call Rhet O’Neill, 847-699-8901, for more information. Adrienne Dimopoulos
- Pre-Kindergarten students at Aristotle Preschool and Kindergarten dressed up in different job professions. Choices include artists, police officers, doctors, and chefs children enjoyed a fun filled day. For more information visit: www.aristotlegreekschools.com Rita Petratos
"Dentist in Park Ridge celebrates 27 years in business"
Dr. Ross Rubino has had his dental practice in Park Ridge for 27 years. He opened in 1978 and hasn't lost the passion. Terri/Rubino
- Piotr Andrzejeski of Des Plaines proudly displays his first-place trophy after taking home the title at the USTA 10-and-under tennis tournament held at Midtown Athletic Club in Chicago on April 27. Courtesy of Midtown Athletic Club
- Girl Scout Troop 40523 delivered cookies to the homeless at JOURNEYS | The Road Home in Palatine. The clients felt grateful receiving such a special treat. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Women gathered for a wonderful luncheon at the Inverness Golf Club April 30 to benefit JOURNEYS | The Road Home. JOURNEYS provides supportive services to over 1,300 homeless and at risk families and individuals annually. It also manages the PADS shelter program. The "Garden of Giving" Women's Luncheon raised nearly $8,000. JOURNEYS | The Road Home
- Layne Rotonda (left) and Katie Harper, both juniors at Maine South High School, in Park Ridge, Illinois have been named as 2015 Brine National High School All-Americans and selected to represent Team Illinois at the 2015 Brine National Lacrosse Classic to be held at the River City Sportsplex in Virginia, June 29-July 2. The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top high school lacrosse players in the nation to one venue, where regional teams will compete for national recognition in front of NCAA lacrosse coaches. Visit www.nationallacrosseclassic.com Kelley Harper
- The Northwest Suburban Bar Association awards Antonia Kopec, DePaul Univeristy School of Law, the Timothy C. Evan's Scholarship of $4,000 with the Honorable Timothy C. Evan's, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County (left) and Dennis Favaro, president of Northwest Suburban Bar Association Foundation Adam Pasco
- Sarah Griebler modeling club member Sally Loeffler's mother's wedding dress at the Twentieth Century Club's benefit fashion show, "The Way We Were," in Park Ridge. Christine Provost
- Twenty-first Star Chapter NSDAR representatives brave the weather to ride in the Park Ridge Memorial Day Parade. Ann Michael
- I was a former Des Plaines resident and retired to Arizona in 2008. In Illinois I was a physical education teacher within the Chicago Public Schools for 34 years.....now I am employed as an Instructional Assistant within the Scottsdale School system. My new joy out here is hiking the many trails within the Sonoran McDowell Mountain Area. I came upon this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake during a hike a couple weeks ago....it was quite agitated but at least warned me with a very loud rattle! :) Gary Wojton
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
Daily Herald Communities
- A Wonderful Place
- 42.01183, -87.841587