Communities » Lisle Area News
DuPage election agency may impose restrictions on its representativesThe DuPage County Election Commission board is expected to consider a policy that would restrict the political activity of some representatives of the agency.Last Updated Aug 23, 2016 3:06 PM
Lombard woman pleads not guilty to running over boyfriendUpdated Aug 22, 2016 8:49 PM
A Lombard woman accused of using her car to run over and severely injure her boyfriend pleaded not guilty Monday to numerous charges.
Lisle thinking big in IEC SmallUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:49 PM
Lisle attempts to ride momentum and belief to the top of the Interstate Eight Conference Small Division
DuComm may move to county building in WheatonUpdated Aug 22, 2016 4:07 PM
A 911 dispatching center that serves dozens of police and fire departments in DuPage County is planning to move into the county’s former youth home by 2018.
Lester: Illinois Supreme Court justice goes undercover in bond courtUpdated Aug 22, 2016 2:15 PM
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke says she sometimes goes “undercover” to watch Cook County’s bond court call and doesn’t always like what she sees, Columnist Kerry Lester writes.
Wheeling nonprofit, community come together to bury abandoned babiesPosted Aug 20, 2016 7:26 AM
Rest In His Arms, a Wheeling non-profit started 11 years ago to provide free funerals and burials to abandoned babies, is among several groups and individuals that have reached out to the DuPage County Coroner this week, offering to provide a final act of dignity for Baby Hope.
Scouting the Lisle LionsUpdated Aug 19, 2016 6:15 PM
Senior stars aim to keep Lisle Lions roaring ahead
DuPage investigators searching for clues about Baby Hope’s momUpdated Aug 19, 2016 6:09 PM
DuPage County sheriff’s deputies and a group of volunteers will be out in large numbers this weekend continuing the search for the mother of Baby Hope.
Scouting the Benet RedwingsUpdated Aug 19, 2016 1:57 PM
Football: Benet season preview.
- Group suggests new spot for Lisle’s veterans memorial
- Dist. 200 completes $1.6 million in capital projects before first day
- First day is Chromebook day at Naperville junior highs
- 13 years for Aurora man who robbed Naperville 7-Eleven with paintball gun
- What did District 200 do over summer vacation?
- Coroner: Offers pouring in to assist with funeral for ‘Baby Hope’
- Molex buys Phillips-Medisize
Recently shared by others
- Mexican Independence Day celebrated Sept. 17-18
- Free Eye Screening Offered
- Wheaton Resident Named Memory Care Director of New Memory Care Community
- Families set to reunite with caregivers at Good Samaritan Hospital’s NICU Reunion Aug. 28
- Painting nature classes to be held at St. Thomas
- Hotel Indigo Naperville Riverwalk Previews its Unique Neighborhood Experience
- DuPage Health Department Raises Warning Level For West Nile Virus
- Serve City holding boys volleyball club tryouts in West Chicago, Downers Grove
- COD Engineering Club Honored by Congressman Peter Roskam for NASA Robotics Competition Entry
- COD Offers Physical Security and Asset Protection Class Sept. 22
- Popular safari guide, photographer and lecturer Richard Field will tell about "Life on Safari: An Introduction to Authentic Africa" in a lecture/slide show Wednesday, April 9, at the Oak Brook Park District Rec Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook. This 7 to 9 p.m. event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-303-4787. Rebecca Field
'Next Food Network Star' finalist talks about overcoming obesity
Chef Judson Todd Allen talks about healthy eating. Photo submitted by Naperville Public Library Submitted by Naperville Public Library
'Next Food Network Star' finalist talks living healthy
Chef Judson Todd Allen talks with fans. Submitted by Naperville Public Library
60th Anniversary of The Midnight Special 98.7fm NYE
Garnet Rogers, Beth Kaufman (Spuyten Duyvil), and Pat Wictor (Brother Sun) sing together at the finale of this momentous show. Melissa Dagenhart
- A group of Eagle Scouts celebrate an Eagle Court of Honor for some of the 13 Eagle Scouts produced in 2013 by Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Alexis Zayed
- A group of Eagle Scouts, with their Scoutmaster Mr. Frank Jeffers, that earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2014 from Boy Scout Troop 23 of Wheaton. Standing, from left: Michael Gehl, Daniel Valentin, Sam Bedrossian, Jacob Poke, Kurt Pysarenko, Joe Hyken, Matt Tarrizo, and Scoutmaster Frank E. Jeffers. Seated row, from left: Connor Foley, Kerry FitzGibbons, Josh Brenc, Nate Gartlan, TJ Wiegman and Luke Jolly. Scout not pictured: Ryan Jolly Alexis Zayed
- John Ferrari, Lisle Library's Assistant Director of Youth Services, leads an outdoor storytime at Dragonfly Landing in downtown Lisle on June 23, 2015. For more information about upcoming Library events, visit lislelibrary.org. Nicole Mueller
- (From Left) Lisle Mayor Joe Broda, Will Savage, and Senator Michael Connelly lead a storytime at Lisle Library on April 18. Broda and Connelly were acting as "Honorary Librarians" in celebration of National Library Week. Nicole Mueller
NEDSRA Theater Show! March 21-22
NEDSRA Actors & Actresses Bruce Flowers
- Members of the Naperville Men's Glee Club hold a final rehearsal with their seven guest singers/singing groups from the Naperville area. Included are Emily Palmieri (Waubonsie HS), Apollo (Metea Valley HS), Hawkapella (Naperville Central HS), Chorelles (Naperville Central HS), IF (adult group), Sleight Street (adult group). The concert is 3:00 pm on Sunday, March 23 at Wentz Concert Hall, Naperville. Paula Ball, NMGC Exec Director
- "Seed Saving 101" Orientation attendees select from about 50 different types of vegetable seeds now available for checkout from the Lisle Library District's new Seed Library. The Library's next "Seed Saving 101" class is May 14 at 7 p.m. For more information, visit lislelibrary.org. Mike Monahan
- Edward Baumgarten, left, and Alec Hansen were a hit last week when they performed in seven presentations of Spotlight Youth Theater's "A Year With Frog and Toad." They are part of a cast of approximately 100 students who will perform in three more shows May 15-17. To purchase tickets to the show, visit www.spotlight.org or call (847) 516-2298. The cost of tickets is $12 or $10 for children and seniors. Group discounts are available. Jennifer Heim Photography
Students check out Idea Lab
Jonathan Charles, Help Desk assistant, talks to students about printing three-dimensional objects in the Idea Lab. Photo by Danielle Bober, Naperville Public Library
- Lisle Library patrons Cristina and Aedan Kuch enjoy ice cream treats from an old fashioned "Good Humor Man" during the Library's Summer Read Kick-Off Party on June 6. For more information about Summer Read, visit lislelibrary.org. Xavier Duran
- Florence Yung, a student at Naperville North High School, was one of several teens who volunteered to plant a butterfly garden at Lisle Public Library May 15. For information about more upcoming teen programs, visit lislelibrary.org. Nicole Mueller
- The Wheaton College Alumni Association recognized Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall as Alumnus of the Year. Wheaton College President Dr. Philip Ryken (left) and Alumnus of the Year Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall (center) with Alumni Association President Chris Jahns (right) Michael Hudson Photography
Members of the Zonta Club of Oak Brook recently assisted "Poised for Success" in Lombard during its monthly clothing drop-off day April 13. Pictured are Lombard resident Kathy Raker on the left and Kay Van Vreede from Clarendon Hills. Poised for
Success promotes economic self-sufficiency for women, especially those re-entering the workforce,by providing contemporary career clothing. The Zonta Club of Oak Brook, as a member of Zonta International, advances the status of women through service and advocacy. Susan Barton
More Lisle News
- Lisle Sports
- Lisle thinking big in IEC Small
- Scouting the Lisle Lions
- Scouting the Benet Redwings
- Neuqua Valley boys, Benet girls win McGonagle Memorial
- Kids conclude camp with a visit from Bulls player
- Lisle Entertainment
- Historic course beckons runners to Raceway 5K
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Benet Academy
- 2200 Maple Ave.
Lisle, Il 60532-2099
- Lisle High School
- 1800 Short St.
Lisle, Il 60532
- Navy Blue/White
- Naperville Central High School
- 440 W. Aurora Av.
Naperville, Il 60540-6298
- Naperville North High School
- 899 N. Mill St.
Naperville, Il 60563-8998
Daily Herald Communities
- The Arboretum Village
- 41.791829, -88.087842
- DuPage County